Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,187 members, 7,903,923 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 01:32 AM

Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? (24539 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by masterpiecer(m): 10:04am On Jan 20, 2013
What is it you miss most about naija?, mostly those things you can't easily get over there where you are, is it the food, culture, family, friends, the slangs, street life, usual day to day bustle, PHCN and their wahala(lol)?

if given the chance, what will you do to get it? smiley
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by masterpiecer(m): 4:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 1forall: 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
The hot, spicy food, some elements of the culture and church service naija style.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by masterpiecer(m): 9:30am On Jan 26, 2013
1forall: The hot, spicy food, some elements of the culture and church service naija style.

yeah, i really like the naija church service style, alot of energy during praise/worship sessions, thats sometin to miss real hard
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by jidewin(m): 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2013
1.Yam flour (amala) and bean soup (gbegiri) with lots of assorted meats.
2.Pounded yam with ofe owerri soup
3.Isi ewu and Harp lager (nice combo)
4.Suya (ojigbi jigbi)
5.My family.
Besides this ,nuffin else.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by masterpiecer(m): 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
jidewin: 1.Yam flour (amala) and bean soup (gbegiri) with lots of assorted meats.
2.Pounded yam with ofe owerri soup
3.Isi ewu and Harp lager (nice combo)
4.Suya (ojigbi jigbi)
5.My family.
Besides this ,nuffin else.

mmmm, dats a whole to be missing, naija dishes na bomb, if i ever leave home, i guess that what i would miss first wink, but i'm so patriotic, still on naija things wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by claremont(m): 9:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
The food and the women. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by jidewin(m): 5:14am On Jan 30, 2013
masterpiecer:

mmmm, dats a whole to be missing, naija dishes na bomb, if i ever leave home, i guess that what i would miss first wink, but i'm so patriotic, still on naija things wink
yep!!! Those taste well nourishing food are to me more preferable to mcdonalds,kfc,hmmmm ppl here surprise me.how can u be eating bread and fried irish potato together Na so i open mouth o.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 30, 2013
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by masterpiecer(m): 11:13am On Jan 30, 2013
jidewin: yep!!! Those taste well nourishing food are to me more preferable to mcdonalds,kfc,hmmmm ppl here surprise me.how can u be eating bread and fried irish potato together Na so i open mouth o.

Yeah, african foods r more hot n spicy, dats y I can kill for dem, instead of stuffing myself wit high cholesterol junk, I'd rather go wit boli n nuts or palm oil, that's also a snack too
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
although i still dey 9ja.....but if eventually i travel.
The only thing i wld miss is not paying taxes....in 9ja

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by MMotimo: 12:24am On Jan 31, 2013
Cheap labor for hair
Ero to grind pepper and beans
Hausa suya

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by callygood: 9:27am On Jan 31, 2013
No bi small thing Naija people. Home na home sha. Me miss ma people and food. Na now I know sey sun make sense wella.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by jidewin(m): 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2013
I Hate 9ja: although i still dey 9ja.....but if eventually i travel.
The only thing i would miss is not paying taxes....in 9ja
Even the ones paid, VAT,with multiple tax charges in lagos,what were they used for? Besides roads and planting tolls?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by jidewin(m): 7:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
masterpiecer:

Yeah, african foods r more hot n spicy, dats y I can kill for dem, instead of stuffing myself wit high cholesterol junk, I'd rather go wit boli n nuts or palm oil, that's also a snack too
I still go for my regular rice and pasta in various forms and dimensions.call it "concotion"..better pass chips and fried chicken with 2 ltr coke everyday. Man eye dey see for abroad no be small.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by dayokanu(m): 7:19pm On Feb 01, 2013
Agege bread and Ewa Agonyin

Amala and Gbegiri

UNILAG babes

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 01, 2013
dayokanu: Agege bread and Ewa Agonyin

Amala and Gbegiri

UNILAG babes

There's no amala in Texas? shocked shocked shocked

*changes my destination to Virginia* angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
jidewin:
Even the ones paid, VAT,with multiple tax charges in lagos,what were they used for? Besides roads and planting tolls?
U gat me laughing sir......9ja
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by dayokanu(m): 7:25pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

There's no amala in Texas? shocked shocked shocked

*changes my destination to Virginia* angry angry angry

Theres Amala and Gbegiri + Ewedu In Houston and Dallas

But not the Ogbomoso flavour

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 01, 2013

Amala and Gbegiri

UNILAG babes
e bad gan o
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 01, 2013

Amala and Gbegiri

UNILAG babes
sir this ur comment still gat me laughing.....
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by jidewin(m): 7:56pm On Feb 01, 2013

Amala and Gbegiri

UNILAG babes
I tried that popular combination once and for 3 days I couldnt "download" in the toilet. Since then...Lailai
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 3:54am On Feb 02, 2013
The buka at New Garage and Top One in Ibadan.

Oh and I miss my Wife too.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by babanne(m): 10:53pm On Mar 16, 2013
masterpiecer: What is it you miss most about naija?, mostly those things you can't easily get over there where you are, is it the food, culture, family, friends, the slangs, street life, usual day to day bustle, PHCN and their wahala(lol)?

@masterpiecer, guys are expecting you to return to your thread on poems. pls do return to continue showing your talents.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 12:22am On May 24, 2013
I miss the sound of generator cry
The village kiss
People shouting at each on the street
Bottled drinks
Agege bread
Hot fresh akara in the morning
Okpa
Suya
Endless supply of malt
Music
Gala
The long bus journey from lagos/abuja to enugu or anambra with ekene grin grin
Africa magic
Channel o
MTV africa
food in general
complaining that there's no light all the time
Masquerade
Boys toasting in shoprite grin grin
Endless supply of gossip
The shouting and screaming in Lagos airport *in forced american accent* "How can you lose my luggage, I paid $400 dollars for the luggage"

[size=14pt]MOST OF ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS[/size]

18 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by mario147(m): 12:37pm On May 24, 2013
masterpiecer: What is it you miss most about naija?, mostly those things you can't easily get over there where you are, is it the food, culture, family, friends, the slangs, street life, usual day to day bustle, PHCN and their wahala(lol)?

For me,am missing the street life in my hood...MUSHIN
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 24, 2013
I miss the amala buka in leadcity school 2. That is one amala. Also miss my ogbomoso dokunu.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by slex(m): 6:08pm On May 24, 2013
the food
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nuzo1(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2013
When I was residing permanently abroad, I NEVER missed anything aside from my family. Nada!

And how on earth can any sane human miss disorderliness/ chaos in Mushin as some has said here?

The truth is that most Nigerians usually miss not being held responsible for their actions.
Na devil cause me to stab am, no be alcohol...na ghost make me sleep for steering wheel, na my uncle my uncle for villa do make I never marry, na GEJ make me beat my wife, na this na that.

Jesu Kristi! shocked cry

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Abok1(m): 6:12pm On May 24, 2013

1. Third mainland bridge traffic
2. Gala and lacasera
3. Correct nigerian yam, not the small ones you get at the african shops
4. Shawarma....Naija style cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by yemi2plus(m): 6:14pm On May 24, 2013
Since jan? Seun and his mods

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Diasporan(m): 6:16pm On May 24, 2013
As a party crawler back in Abuja i miss those shiit as mad.Especially the 5 days a week clubbing.In my location you have to work and work and no time for that.Even when you are free and you call your pals that you guys should hang out they will also be working.No communal life at all.No wonder oyinbo people dey die of loneliness with their dogs for inside their house.I also miss toasting girls on the road and various places.Here you try it they might accuse you for s.exual harassment.For the food aspect am not missing anything.I still cook my Naija food scatter.In general Naija freedom nor get part 2.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Residents Scoop Fuel From Tanker In Onitsha After Accident (Video, Pics) / Mother In Minna Abandons Children On A Train To Kaduna Over El-Rufai's Free Food / Assault Of Nigerian Passengers At Togo Airport: Minister, Envoy Intervene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.