Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,947 members, 7,938,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 01:09 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? (24614 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 24, 2013
jeffizy:
Yeah. Nobody seem to be left in naija.
I thought "no dey carry last" means you're really cool and updated, what does that have to do with those outside Nigeria??

Texas.Cowgirl:

Don't mind him, he's in Canada
UK
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 7:43pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123:

Okay o ! I shall be expecting your payment through paypal tongue

I see you've been hanging out with Shymmex too much, asking me for paypal transfer grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:43pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Don't mind him, he's in Canada
Yearrite! grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Diasporan(m): 7:44pm On May 24, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Wot? u dont miss d skin diving contest dem dey do for ya village stream?. I remember u na... Nnamdi!! How na? No b u dey wash all d village gals Pata for riverbank? U don forget? U dey charge 3naira per underwear. U no dey carry last dem times o! Business man I hail thee. tongue
undecided undecided what is Nnamdi?is it the name of your suggy?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:45pm On May 24, 2013
Diasporan:
undecided undecided what is Nnamdi?is it the name of your suggy?
Na! D name on ur original Nigerian Kpali. tongue
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:

I see you've been hanging out with Shymmex too much, asking me for paypal transfer grin grin

grin grin

what ? its the safest way to transfer money wink cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 24, 2013
Diasporan: Christmas celebration is a celebration i miss like mad.Here you won't even know if anything like that is happening.Everybody dey cane their line.I remember that of last year.I just dey my house dey shayo till i crash

Awwwwww eyah

@2buff

There's a Houton in Ajegunle?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by bootlegaz: 7:47pm On May 24, 2013
Suya, Agege bread and Togolese ewa agonyi
nothing else is worth missing apart from families.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 24, 2013
uncle toshh I see ya grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Diasporan(m): 7:48pm On May 24, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Na! D name on ur original Nigerian Kpali. tongue
Oh now i remember.Na the story when he tell you?Nor be me give am oh.So na him true life story he dey ffw give you come dey say na me.That your suggy bad gon.Tell him i am sorry to burst his bubbles
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 7:48pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123:

grin grin

what ? its the safest way to transfer money wink cheesy

I don't trust Londoners, they're too sketchy for me tongue
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Awwwwww eyah

@2buff

There's a Houton in Ajegunle?

You no know before? cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 24, 2013
Shollypopz:
I thought "no dey carry last" means you're really cool and updated, what does that have to do with those outside Nigeria??

UK

better be.

cuz I don't know how someone can downgrade from Nigeria to cotonnu (and where the heck is that anywayz?)
2legit2qwt:

I don't trust Londoners, they're too sketchy for me tongue

warreva son tongue
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 7:50pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123:

warreva daddy tongue

Sure...
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 7:51pm On May 24, 2013
I miss Christmas at home. When very one comes back to the village, cousins, relatives and the good time we spend together.

I miss the local cuisines too. Original ofe owerre with pounded yam. Suya from aboki etc. I once had suya in London at that "obalende" restaurant, it wasn't the same as original suya from aboki.

I also miss Sunday mornings in Naija. When Nigerian girls look extremely pretty with all sorts of traditional attire. Looking holy and marriageable.( of course after prostituting the night before grin ) but I miss them sha cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:

Sure

[size=1pt]loser[/size]
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 24, 2013
bootlegaz: Suya, Agege bread and Togolese ewa agonyi
nothing else is worth missing apart from families.

Eyah, can't afford them with food stamps? grin

jk o
try Jamaican hard doughbread. 95% the same.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 7:52pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123:

[size=1pt]loser[/size]
S & M for you
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 24, 2013
toshmann: I miss Christmas at home. When very one comes back to the village, cousins, relatives and the good time we spend together.

I miss the local cuisines too. Original ofe owerre with pounded yam. Suya from aboki etc. I once had suya in London at that "obalende" restaurant, it wasn't the same as original suya from aboki.

I also miss Sunday mornings in Naija. When Nigerian girls look extremely pretty with all sorts of traditional attire. Looking holy and marriageable.( of course after prostituting the night before grin ) but I miss them sha cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=2pt]perv[/size]
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

better be.

cuz I don't know how someone can downgrade from Nigeria to cotonnu (and where the heck is that anywayz ?)
.....where most of Nigerian house-helps come from
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Diasporan(m): 7:52pm On May 24, 2013
toshmann: I miss Christmas at home. When very one comes back to the village, cousins, relatives and the good time we spend together.

Akunna thingsgrin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:
S & M for you

tongue
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by bidis: 7:54pm On May 24, 2013
call 08097038920 for past ques and ans in shell nnpc ptdf;
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

You're lying shocked shocked shocked shocked

BTW, I'm not in Tx yet jare. But the first time I land there, na for suya shop I go

So you lied to me? angry
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 7:56pm On May 24, 2013
Diasporan:
Akunna thingsgrin grin grin

Na dem way cheesy
How we go do na? At the end of the day, na dem we get to marry embarassed

If you no like dem, try marry oyibo ( those ones na Akwuna--> sodom and Gomorah levels grin )
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by bootlegaz: 7:57pm On May 24, 2013
nous: I miss relationship. The UK can be very lonely at times. I now understand why the suicide rate is high here despite the comfort.
And some guy on NL was telling me that he lived here in States before relocating to the UK. Nigerian men enjoy lying for no reason. I have visited UK over 10 times in the last 20 years, apart from the football teams nothing out there is interesting.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 24, 2013
REALITY101:

So you lied to me? angry

lol grin I said I was moving to Tx in a couple of months lol

Shollypopz:
.....where most of Nigerian house-helps come from

lmaooooo
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by chelseabmw(m): 7:58pm On May 24, 2013
I miss the women jor cheesy.....
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 24, 2013
chelseabmw: I miss the women jor cheesy.....

We still dey here. But we prefer wealthy nggas. We're hiding from 9-to-5s
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by toshmann(m): 8:02pm On May 24, 2013
bootlegaz:
And some guy on NL was telling me that he lived here in States before relocating to the UK. Nigerian men enjoy lying for no reason. I have visited UK over 10 times in the last 20 years, apart from the football teams nothing out there is interesting.

They also have lovely girls cheesy
And you can have them without spending all your money as Nigerian girls would have you do. So UK aint bad. I had fun there

Aha, I forgot, they have good strip clubs too wink

With very magnanimous loose babes cheesy
What else d'you want from a country cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Diasporan(m): 8:02pm On May 24, 2013
toshmann:

Na dem way cheesy
How we go do na? At the end of the day, na dem we get to marry embarassed

If you no like dem, try marry oyibo ( those ones na Akwuna--> sodom and Gomorah levels grin )
I disagree with the bolded.That is an established fact about African-Americans(Akata) and even Naija girls in America but not the whites.The whites are far better and more sincere and honest cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares / How's Life For Nigerians In Germany / Water Transportation In Lagos State: Lagosians Speak - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.