Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,203 members, 7,903,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:27 AM

Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? (24541 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 24, 2013
armyofone: Let me check that suya website, hope I can order online without anyone jacking my checking account sha.

Thanks for letting me know pe o wa ni Tx.
Mo ma wa e ri o.

Semper Faint! cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by armyofone(m): 6:58pm On May 24, 2013
lol, girl you are funny grin
do you know where I can get some good snails and plantain flour for my Amala?

hungry of some good igbin.

Texas.Cowgirl:

I made that last night lol.
Plantian fufu tho
Hmm yum yum

If we're still speaking English, where can I find him/her shop in Tx?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Abok1(m): 6:59pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123:

you serious ? you get momey o ! lipsrsealed shocked

Nah... just an addiction.

Besides, Virgin trains never stop work nah...

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by InvertedHammer: 6:59pm On May 24, 2013
Diasporan: As a party crawler back in Abuja i miss those shiit as mad.Especially the 5 days a week clubbing.In my location you have to work and work and no time for that.Even when you are free and you call your pals that you guys should hang out they will also be working.No communal life at all.No wonder oyinbo people dey die of loneliness with their dogs for inside their house.I also miss toasting girls on the road and various places.Here you try it they might accuse you for sexual harassment.For the food aspect am not missing anything.I still cook my Naija food scatter.In general Naija freedom nor get part 2.

Can't add more to this. You are the shiznit! Nigeria is the land of freedom.

How I wish the country can get her acts together.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 7:00pm On May 24, 2013
armyofone: Let me check that suya website, hope I can order online without anyone jacking my checking account sha.

I wouldn't do it, i don't trust Nigerians as much tongue
adaobi123:

you serious ? you get momey o ! lipsrsealed shocked
Go to Peckham for suya, you can get anything indigenous to Nigeria there ....corruption included
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 24, 2013
Abok1:

Nah... just an addiction.

Besides, Virgin trains never stop work nah...

grin grin but still, thats a lot of money a week just to get food though.

abeg I need to hit canning town !!! Im coming for ya grin cheesy wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by armyofone(m): 7:01pm On May 24, 2013
It is SemperFI
A beautiful word, meaning much more. Protecting you so that you have freedom to shower werepe on NL grin

Texas.Cowgirl:

Thanks for letting me know pe o wa ni Tx.
Mo ma wa e ri o.

Semper Faint! cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:

Go to Peckham for suya, you can get anything indigenous to Nigeria there ....corruption included

ohhhhh yeah grin forgot about that place undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 24, 2013
armyofone: lol, girl you are funny grin
do you know where I can get some good snails and plantain flour for my Amala?

hungry of some good igbin.

Gosh.... No, I don't.
I miss those huge snails that come out to play during harsh Ekiti raining periods
See mutant meatttttttttttttt
Nigeria is truly blessed with natural protein. cheiii

Try Cuban/Latin/Ethnic stores. They also sell African food.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 7:02pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

SO?
Na crime again?
Come and arrest na?
Oh yea, you dont like spice.
I love spicy suya please. The more it burns my tongue, the more tasty it is cheesy

I'm a weird Naija man, i don't eat anything spicy or slimy..okro, pickles? Gross!!!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by armyofone(m): 7:03pm On May 24, 2013
Oh I see, alright bros. Won't order then.

2legit2qwt:

I wouldn't do it, i don't trust Nigerians as much tongue

, thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:

I'm a weird Naija man, i don't eat anything spicy or slimy..okro, pickles? Gross!!!

gini ? undecided
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 24, 2013
armyofone: It is SemperFI
A beautiful word, meaning much more. Protecting you so that you have freedom to shower werepe on NL grin

lmaoooooo grin grin grin

No vex. That's why i respect you and REALITY to a degree. Keeping us safe wink wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by ikenga67: 7:04pm On May 24, 2013
odumchi: I miss the calm, soothing aura of the countryside; the enticing smell of the hawkers' roasted corn; the sweet, honey-like aroma of fresh grass and morning dew; and the all-natural, fresh evening breeze which would fuel or nightly chats.

I remember the days when my friends and I would innocently shake fruit trees in the hopes of a delicious treat. More vividly, I remember how we would spend the hot afternoons playing and aimlessly roaming about, and the powerless evenings in the company of wise elders, as we listened to tales of the heroes of old.

Chai. Ndaa kwan? Where has all the time gone?
You must live in London or Dubai if you "miss the calm, soothing aura of the [nigeria] countryside". Me I go there to gawk at the human sea that is Obalende or Ojuelegba or Onitsha head bridge.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Diasporan(m): 7:04pm On May 24, 2013
Any Houstonian should not come here and say he is missing some normal stuff in Naija...o cause that city is as good as advanced Abuja.Though i love the city scatter sha.That's my home(Houston TX) away from home(Naija)
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 7:05pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123:

gini ? undecided
What happened? grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:

Don't like slimy ehn?

You have issue with going down and cleaning the pipe too?

Another topic for another day.

Oju iyawo e ni mo n wo wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by armyofone(m): 7:05pm On May 24, 2013
Thanks, hopefully not those dumped snails from Florida grin
Texas.Cowgirl:

Gosh.... No, I don't.
I miss those huge snails that come out to play during harsh Ekiti raining periods
See mutant meatttttttttttttt
Nigeria is truly blessed with natural protein. cheiii

Try Cuban/Latin/Ethnic stores. They also sell African food.

Texas.Cowgirl:

lmaoooooo grin grin grin

No vex. That's why i respect you and REALITY to a degree. Keeping us safe wink wink

I love you too grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:
What happened? grin grin

you dont like okra or spicy food ? what is wrong with you ??! undecided angry
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by armyofone(m): 7:06pm On May 24, 2013
Gator, ttyl wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Abok1(m): 7:07pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123:

grin grin but still thats a lot of money a week just to get food though.

abeg I need to hit canning town !!! Im coming for ya grin cheesy wink

I work around the Pimlico area and I usually buy the monthly tickets...the only extra cost is on the DLR from Stratford or Jubilee

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 24, 2013
Chai Chineke, I miss utala akpu so much. Atimes I dream am swallowing some. God knows that come xmas, I will be reporting live from BE NNAA (igboland)
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 24, 2013
I miss NIgerian holidays esp Easter (Galilee)

I miss walking in rich soft soil of our farm

I miss sucking fresh cocoa juice

I miss Ekiti soooooooooo badddddddd
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 24, 2013
Abok1:

I work around the Pimlico area and I usually buy the monthly tickets...

Kai and you live in the midlands ? you try o !
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 7:10pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123:

you dont like okra or spicy food ? what is wrong with you ??! undecided angry

When i eat spicy food, it's like you literally cooking me in hot water, makes me sick grin grin

Okra uhn uhn, that's disgusting, just anything slimy...I'm weird like that tongue
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 24, 2013
armyofone: Thanks, hopefully not those dumped snails from Florida grin
I love you too grin grin

lol wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Diasporan(m): 7:10pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
I miss NIgerian holidays esp Easter (Galilee)

I miss walking in rich soft soil of our farm

I miss sucking fresh cocoa juice

I miss Ekiti soooooooooo badddddddd
Will you oblige me if i get an Air ticket for two for the summer?You know what i mean.But a stopover for a night in Dubai and a guarantee of real action cool cool
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:

When i eat spicy food, it's like you literally cooking me in hot water, makes me sick grin grin

Okra uhn uhn, that's disgusting, just anything slimy...I'm weird like that tongue

na wa oo ! Issokay undecided
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Abok1(m): 7:11pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123:

Kai and you live in the midlands ? you try o !

The house prices in central london is crazy I tell ya... I miss those days of student rail cards cry cry

But its very comfy on the trains apart from Fridays.

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 7:11pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Don't like slimy ehn?

You have issue with going down and cleaning the pipe too?

Another topic for another day.

Oju iyawo e ni mo n wo wink

Nasty azz!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 24, 2013
Diasporan:
Will you oblige me if i get an Air ticket for two for the summer?You know what i mean.But a stopover for a night in Dubai and a guarantee of real action cool cool

Yea sure, Adaobi won't mind accompanying you.
Just make sure to treat her right wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123: if theres suya in the usa, there must be suya here angry Suya I go find you

There is Obalende suya in peckham.
Its along peckham high st...not far from the library.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Mother In Minna Abandons Children On A Train To Kaduna Over El-Rufai's Free Food / Assault Of Nigerian Passengers At Togo Airport: Minister, Envoy Intervene / Denilson Bamidele, NANS President, Had An Accident While On A Condolence Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.