Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,938 members, 7,938,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 12:51 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? (24613 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by apoti(m): 6:16pm On May 24, 2013
1. I miss roasted corn
2. Roasted plantain
3. Pounded yam
4. Moi moi and akamu
4. The sound of horns on the streets
5. The shout of 'up nepa

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by juman(m): 6:16pm On May 24, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
sir this ur comment still gat me laughing.....

I like your handle "I hate 9ja".

nigeria is a country difficult to like.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by babaskool2: 6:16pm On May 24, 2013
Nothing much tbh because these mixed race girls sabi my yarns die but i kinda miss d naija home grown girls are easier to phucck die .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by yuzedo: 6:18pm On May 24, 2013
i miss my nebor weneva i tramvul to d abroad. i miss my jip. my pet duck. my mopol guard. i miss all d poor poeple sayin "hello Chiff sweetus, how can we hep u today?" smiley.. and i miss dodo + fanta. well, am filling lonly rite now. can a sweet NL babes PM me & comforth me? pliss my pet pidgin bird just die. cry PM now, hurryyyyyy! angry sad

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by princesa(f): 6:18pm On May 24, 2013
see them home sick people embarassed

*sings melodiously*
Andrew no check out oh
Nigeria go better grin

even i stopped believing that.
but then guys take it easy oh......
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by tjadeba(m): 6:19pm On May 24, 2013
Oh i miss Akure,the people,the life..i miss my friends

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 24, 2013
I really miss the Police Brutality..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by chukxie(m): 6:19pm On May 24, 2013
I miss my family especially my mom!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 24, 2013
Abok1:

1. Third mainland bridge traffic
2. Gala and lacasera
3. Correct nigerian yam, not the small ones you get at the african shops
4. Shawarma....Naija style cry cry cry

bros you know cry
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 24, 2013
If you live in the US and feel like you're missing anything about Nigeria, time for you to relocate to Houston Texas. Nigeria community much.. Too many African food store and restaurant, incase you miss their whooo loudness, go to some Nigeria events/parties.

If I was born in Nigeria and live in Houston I no go miss nada thang.. Whenever I need taste of Nigeria, I usually go down to Houston.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by yuzedo: 6:21pm On May 24, 2013
adaobi123: I miss everything. But I miss gala the most cry tongue
see dis onitsha babe dat pretending to be in abroad! angry stop lieing, u stay in umunede, stop useing goggle to goggle place in london and claim u no d places! angry angry angry ok if is a lie, wuz yo numba? wink

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by ubest1(m): 6:21pm On May 24, 2013
bombing

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by dubenc13: 6:24pm On May 24, 2013
Missing the chaos and confusion of lagos!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 24, 2013
Ji kpacham kpacham with ose nsukka n utazi.

Abacha n ugba....from hajia,new haven Enugu.

Nkwobi.

Watching footie with friends @babake joint..metropol ind...l/o.

Nwanyi be ayi..n her goodie goodies...chai

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 24, 2013
yuzedo:
see dis onitsha babe dat pretending to be in abroad! angry stop lieing, u stay in umunede, stop useing google to google places in london and claim u no d places! angry angry angry ok if is a lie, wuz yo numba? wink

you dey madt ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by delors(m): 6:31pm On May 24, 2013
Mushin! Area! Omo ita! sepe joint! soccer venues (chelsea wahala). Traffic! Hustle!
Ozone! Galleria! Friday nights at Eko hotels! Suya! Dundu and akara! Bread Agege (surprisingly I found it here)! Nepa! Keke Marwa! Okada! Mitchel Obi on Sports Extra and his outdated news and fake smile. Top 7 jamz at 7 (with JAJ on Rhythm)! Church on sunday (the dance and glitz)! And of course - Naira!
I miss mehn!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by AkpuNku2: 6:31pm On May 24, 2013
Odeku...aka.....small stout

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by onila(f): 6:31pm On May 24, 2013
food

going to the village

watching dstv

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 24, 2013
Suya.
I cant even recall whadahell it taste like anymore. Yummy yummy
The smell of fresh wood, earth, and nature (Ekiti)

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 24, 2013
I particularly miss Naija church style esp mothering sundays, damn boring here.
As for naija food, we have loads of them here in london. Anything you want, bitter leaf, ugu,nzu,kurikuri,buttermint, tomtom,ogiri,abacha,cabin biscuit,cocoyam,titus sardine, I mean name it, they are all in vimm or stella's shop at peckam.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 24, 2013
bush meat and palm wine embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 6:34pm On May 24, 2013
I miss the drama on the highways grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 24, 2013
Crassus: bush meat and palm wine embarassed embarassed

Oh yesssssss. Sweet sweet emu
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by redbottles(m): 6:35pm On May 24, 2013
juman:

I like your handle "I hate 9ja".

nigeria is a useless country.

undecidedwarrefaa...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 6:36pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Suya.

They sell suya in Houston, Texas
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Suya.

Visit

http://www.suyahut.com/

In Houston or any African restaurant
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 24, 2013
2legit2qwt:

They sell suya in Texas

You're lying shocked shocked shocked shocked

BTW, I'm not in Tx yet jare. But the first time I land there, na for suya shop I go sleep

dayokanu:

Visit

http://www.suyahut.com/

In Houston or any African restaurant

Praise to be Jehovah!!!

Omo, mehn....are you for real? Does it taste like Nigeria's suya? No Americanna version o
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by ikenga67: 6:40pm On May 24, 2013
Listen, I am 45 and have seen better days but whenever I am in nija I have all these pretty young girls hovering all over me like flies. It always takes all the sense of proportion and self-dprecation I could muster to convince myself that it is the $$$ I supposedly have that was bringing on that, not that I had suddenly been transformed into some adonis on the trans-atlantic flight. Lol!!. I do miss all that shaa. Nija na la-la land for this Peter Pan for sure.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by 2legit2qwt: 6:41pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

You're lying shocked shocked shocked shocked

BTW, I'm not in Tx yet jare. But the first time I land there, na for suya shop I go sleep

Praise to be Jehovah!!!

Omo, mehn....are you for real? Does it taste like Nigeria's suya? No Americanna version o

For real, when i visited America, we stopped at a store in Houston for some suya cool

pm me for details wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by dad007(m): 6:41pm On May 24, 2013
I miss the food alot.Xpecially AKPU and EGUSI soup.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 24, 2013
if theres suya in the usa, there must be suya here angry Suya I go find you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State / Pictures Of 26km Ukpabi-Nimbo-Ugbene Ajima-Eziani Road In Enugu / Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.