Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,263 members, 7,887,760 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:24 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6066447 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (2858) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 5:58pm On Feb 16, 2015
Some pics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 16, 2015
denisfidha:
So this plane is shipping serbian arms to kenya and I had to find this news in a Russian website and translate to english. How i wish we had a beegeagle of our own here in our country.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sr&u=http://www.blic.rs/Vesti/Drustvo/530331/SAZNAJEMO-Misteriozni-avion-Antonov-vozi-oruzje-iz-Beograda-u-Keniju&prev=search

Funny how life is, while in Nigeria we wish we have in addition to beegeagle a dedicated media like defenceweb.co.za.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 6:06pm On Feb 16, 2015
The Nigerian Army is beginning to badãss, totally love the pics Henry120 just posted and just like the iterator24 those are few of my fav pics thumbs up guys.

You won't see these kind pics of the NA on western media
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 6:10pm On Feb 16, 2015
Henry120:
Nigerian military COIN
jst happy seeing does battle radio
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
Nigerian army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 6:32pm On Feb 16, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1XA2dYhQKA

BMP-2 can be impressive (very short video)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by zukasteve: 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
IbnSultaan:
BokoHaram armored vehicle destroyed in North of Cameroon #INKAS APC / LAPV (Canada) Probably captured in Nigeria
but those are nigerian officials
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by zukasteve: 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
onumaegbuikenna:
Nigerian army
that chopper look like a maritime SAR chopper
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by charlos14: 10:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
Henry120:
Nigerian military COIN
BMP1?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bunnyrug(m): 11:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
charlos14:

BMP1?
nope bmp2 either d russian version or d czech version

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
the new helo being acquired in the above picture is not armed like some that have seing on youtube ...... arming these little birds can be an badass
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
bidexiii:
the new helo being acquired in the above picture is not armed like some that have seing on youtube ...... arming these little birds can be an badass

they will be armed or must have been few days ago.
the CAS said something about incorporating weapon systems on them and testing few days ago.

who buy's a gazzel without arming it. it's an attack helicopter na.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 1:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
heard on aljazera and CCN that egyptian armed forces will be acquiring 24 french rafales,missiles and a ship, my concern as always being the NAF ... when will we start operating 3RD GENERATIONAL JETS ..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 2:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
bidexiii:
heard on aljazera and CCN that egyptian armed forces will be acquiring 24 french rafales,missiles and a ship, my concern as always being the NAF ... when will we start operating 3RD GENERATIONAL JETS ..

my brother. that is a country with a precise and solid defence policy. they understand the threat and don't mind what it'll cost to counter it. and they are not as rich as Nigeria o.

they even bought a few FREMM frigate just because they are opening a new water way along the suez canal, understanding that it's the country's economic lifeline. while it took our own government years to buy common OPVs to protect our own. i no wan even talk about NAF.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
Namibia's most feared police officer

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
gottfried21:
Hehehe why?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 4:35pm On Feb 17, 2015
stillchris:

my brother. that is a country with a precise and solid defence policy. they understand the threat and don't mind what it'll cost to counter it. and they are not as rich as Nigeria o.

they even bought a few FREMM frigate just because they are opening a new water way along the suez canal, understanding that it's the country's economic lifeline. while it took our own government years to buy common OPVs to protect our own. i no wan even talk about NAF.

bros forget Dat talk.all dis hardware were paid for by d Saudis.and u know if not for d US n Saudis day Egyptian military will not be dat big.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2015
giles14:
bros forget Dat talk.all dis hardware were paid for by d Saudis.and u know if not for d US n Saudis day Egyptian military will not be dat big.

you have a point there
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Hehehe why?
She is known as a fearless police officer and is loved and respected by the community for her no-nonsense approach.
At the same time, she is hated by criminals, who have made death threats against her, telling her that she will be found dead.
She has recently targeted witchdoctors who exploit people financially, and dubious churches that do the same. smiley

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
bidexiii:

Thanks to Saudi-Arabia and Emiratis .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
Henry120:

Thanks to Saudi-Arabia and Emiratis .

Its good to have friends in High places... Shows that no country can really survive on its own.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
Centrifude:

Its good to have friends in High places... Shows that no country can really survive on its own.
no bros dats reward for chasing d Muslim Brotherhood out of power
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by zukasteve: 8:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
gottfried21:
y'all get scared easily in namibia?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
zukasteve:
y'all get scared easily in namibia?
Nope,Land of the brave smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by zukasteve: 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2015
people keep complaining about the AKs they said its old they said its outdated, they said its becoming more and more unconventional but it seems like it is only we in the third world that is having that complaints. the russian ARMY still have it as standard issue. and they are still planning to introduce the AK12 into the ARMY next year.
they are proud of their AKs and guess what V.Putin gave to the Egyptian president as a gift? an AK of course.

2nd picture is the AK12 scheduled to go into service in 2016.

i know most of the AKs here are modified variants but i think our defence industries should start coming up with something soon, or else we ll be going no where.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by zukasteve: 9:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
old collections.
NAF Jaguars.

navy Agusta

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
zukasteve:
old collections.
NAF Jaguars.

navy Agusta
its painful seeing does jaguar jets
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 17, 2015
zukasteve:
people keep complaining about the AKs they said its old they said its outdated, they said its becoming more and more unconventional but it seems like it is only we in the third world that is having that complaints. the russian ARMY still have it as standard issue. and they are still planning to introduce the AK12 into the ARMY next year.
they are proud of their AKs and guess what V.Putin gave to the Egyptian president as a gift? an AK of course.

i know most of the AKs here are modified variants but i think our defence industries should start coming up with something soon, or else we ll be going no where.

You always have a way of derailing this thread.

Anyway, the Russian Army Standard issue is the AK-74M and AK-105 for FSB (special forces). The AK-47 has been fazed out of service.

However, many eastern bloc/yugoslav nations (Poland, Croatia, Serbia, Hungary, Romania, ukraine etc etc) still use the AK-47 as standard issue rifles.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
zukasteve:

Most people don't like the AK-47 because we all believe it's ugly, imagine the gore when you look at a Tavor-21 wielding personnel, and you are stuck with an old AK.

This below is my up-grade.

Take out the wood, add polymer. Change the butt-stock to polymer, add rubber at the end of the butt-stock to help reduce recoil pain on the shooter.

Add a polymer foregrip and a polymer magazine to improve accuracy and reduce weight respectively.

Add an AK-74 muzzle brake or any other good muzzle brake design. Improvement Would reduce re-coil, and improve precision.

Change pistol stick to polymer.

Add polymer to the hand guard and a polymer grip. it reduces the weight of the rifle, and allows you add picatinny, so we can mount accessories. E.g laser dot/ sight. These improvements Would improve precision, recoil, weight and accuracy.

An EO TECH sight would be great but it's battery would eventually run out,and it's kinda expensive. we can go for more affordable sights, mespro is great, or any holographic sight. Improvements Would improve precision.

Foldable butt-stock to give my AK that carbine feel. Improvement would allow the SF soldier conduct room clearing and CQC with ease.

In all, a 5.56 would always be more accurate than a 7.62, however most fighting occurs in a 300 meters- 400 meters area. In this area, they are the same.

Forget about that above 500 meters shots, even well trained devgru / delta/ SAS personnel would find it difficult to hit a target above 500 meters.

Personal preference : change rifle colour to desert Camo.

In all, with these up-grades on my AK-47 Versus a 5.56 (tavor/M4A1/FN SCAR/FN F2000, HK 416), I would go for the Upgraded AK-47 over any of them. Not only do i get to keep my more powerful round, my accuracy is greatly improved, the enemy is down when he is shot (I don't want to be in a position where to kill an enemy high on drugs, I need to hit him with 5-6 rounds), and I get to keep the enemy's 7.62 Ammo.

Carry out this up-grade and watch how people's opinion would change cool cool

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 18, 2015
denisfidha:
So this plane is shipping serbian arms to kenya and I had to find this news in a Russian website and translate to english. How i wish we had a beegeagle of our own here in our country.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sr&u=http://www.blic.rs/Vesti/Drustvo/530331/SAZNAJEMO-Misteriozni-avion-Antonov-vozi-oruzje-iz-Beograda-u-Keniju&prev=search

why don't you start one...that's how to be great!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 8:11am On Feb 18, 2015
I can't identify that rifle

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (2858) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.