Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,605 members, 7,892,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 12:32 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6073245 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) ... (2859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2017
patches689:

If they still pose a military threat, can you say they have been militarily defeated?

Are you really completely incapable of lateral thought?

No I think you just have a very big problem with Nigeria and what used to be constructive criticism has now turned into pure hatred so you're getting caugh with your pants down more often than not.

A long drawn insurgency is not comparable to world war 2 patch, not in a million years patch.
Go home you're drunk, again!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2017
Henry240:
Moving on

Nigerian pilots before an Air patrol in Gambia

Dude, why pick fights and then run away?

How about you put your money where your mouth is and just ignore me?

There isnt adequate verbiage in the English language to describe the disdain I have for you.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

No I think you just have a very big problem with Nigeria and what used to be constructive criticism has now turned into pure hatred so you're getting caugh with your pants down more often than not.

A long drawn insurgency is not comparable to world war 2 patch, not in a million years patch.
Go home you're drunk, again!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werwolf
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2017
Nigerian army 155mm Artillery rounds

Let the enemy burn!

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
Nigeria's full spectrum warfare

Nigerian army bike batallion

Nigerian army motorbike patrol in the NE

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
Nigerian navy SBS

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian navy SBS

Is it because he is carrying a Tavor...are u sure this guy is SBS
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
abiodunalasa:

Is it because he is carrying a Tavor...are u sure this guy is SBS

Perfectly sure man.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fufubear: 4:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
There were Nazi holdouts mainly on the east even after the official surrender. To many it was better to die than be left to the Russians.

There were more holdouts on the pacific front. In fact a battalion sized (depending on the source this can vary but there were a lot(I've seen as much as an entire regiment)) Japanese unit stayed in Indochina to fight the French and there were numerous former Japanese soldier in the Chinese civil war supporting the KMT. Now that last part is getting a little offtopic but there were still Japanese holdouts attacking US positions even after the war since their final order before the fall of an island was to fight as guerillas.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
Henry240:

Perfectly sure man.

Ok..good job.
The guy just dosnt look well kitted unlike navy SBS we are used to.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
NAF ATR-42 in its new camo, the second unit has also been re activated.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
Angolan Il-76

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
Since this comment was posted by Patches, i have been laughing so hard. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

To think that i inflict so much pain on some people here, and they keep rolling on thier beds, having nightmares is incredible.

It is by a long shot the most commendable comment directed at me since i joined Nairaland.com in 2011.

I loved so much, not only did i like the post, i had to screenshot it.

People are genuinely scared of Nigeria, and they exhibit this fear through hate directed at me and my beloved country.

For this I say thank you. I am loving it.
grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
patches689:

Dude, why pick fights and then run away?

How about you put your money where your mouth is and just ignore me?

There isnt adequate verbiage in the English language to describe the disdain I have for you.
the bolded,shows the through nature of the kuvukilanders.And their inconsequential and useless arguments.

why the hating on Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2017
abiodunalasa:

Ok..good job.
The guy just dosnt look well kitted unlike navy SBS we are used to.

That's because he's not on operation bro.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2017
Since i started the thread in 2013 - to date, I have shared more than 6,000 photos and videos of the Nigerian military. This excludes the number other Nigerians have shared in this thread, it also excludes the number i shared previously on Beegeagle's blog.

Call it Nigerian propaganda, i completely agree with you. As long as it continues to cause some individuals here pain and anger and fear and frustration.

We will continue non-stop. Thank God for the Nigerian Air Force, that institution has shared over 2,000 photos in Just 1 year, Including 50+ videos.

The best part is, as soon as you search for African militaries or any individual military in Africa in Google, this thread pops up. It's impressive what has been achieved.

So Nigerians, stop hoarding photos, we are changing the narrative one picture at a time. Better 6,000 + photos at a time. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am livid, living in ecstasy!

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
Henry240:
Since this comment was posted by Patches, i have been laughing so hard. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

To think that i inflict so much pain on some people here, and they keep rolling on thier beds, having nightmares is incredible.

It is by a long shot the most commendable comment directed at me since i joined Nairaland.com in 2011.

People are genuinely scared of Nigeria, and they exhibit this fear through hate directed at me and my beloved country.

grin grin grin
my brother make I join you laugh.oo grin grin grin

but why are you destroying their sleep..

no let patches frustration fall on you.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
Henry240:

To think that i inflict so beloved country.

grin grin grin

Oga Henry no go kill person! grin grin

You be real clown.

I always knew thier obsession with you wasn't normal.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
Henry240:

grin grin grin

Delusions of grandeur

I have disdain for you, not Nigeria.

Stop trying to conflate this with Nigeria. This isnt the other thread, everyone has moved on with their lives. Everyone, that is, except you.

You really need to be better.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
pacretus:
the bolded,shows the through nature of the kuvukilanders.And their inconsequential and useless arguments.

Where have I hated on Nigeria?

I challenge you to review my posts. I only attack when provoked.

You guys need to get this chip off your shoulder. I am sorry to tell you, but outside of your region, Nigeria is inconsequential. Same with South Africa, Kenya and Algeria.

Were all big dogs in our regions, but continental? Please.

There is no competition.

Stop viewing criticism, or banter, as some sort of grave insult to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
the second unit has also been re activated.

Why was it de-activated?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2017
patches689:

Why was it de-activated?

Bullet holes
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2017
Nigerian Air Force trainer.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian Air Force trainer.

NAF says 2 Dauphin helicopters are currently being re-activated by Aero-contractors. The crash bird A109e won't be missed after all.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
kikuyu1:
Actually,Saffers someone accused you guys of incompetence,which is harsh; but frankly for a 300 bn$ GDP,a proven world class defence infrastructure you're definitely under performing!

At first I though it was your immediate post Uhuru ANC boys who found generalship and geopolitics challenging-understandable. Ofc there was the boatload of unrealistic freebies everyone expected and yelled in outrage when Mbeki realistically procured a massive tri services upgrade.
New subs,Grips and other ish but a country like RSA in a neighbourhood like this really should have serious force projection capacity!

For now your force structure is only good enough for a peacetime ops within southern Africa.

Its over a decade since the Grips landed-where are your twin engine deep strike interdiction jets,why do you still have only 12 Rooivalks,where is your heavy lift,speaking of which why do you still lack a replacement for the Drakensberg,your sole 30 year old unrep vessel(you've just floated tenders for 3 OPVs and 3 IPVs but no unrep)? Why don't you have a RDF,ideally amphib with all own assets?

Peace only comes through strength! Every first year officer cadet knows. In the wake of the CAR disaster I waited to hear an uptick in your defence spending but you're still stuck at 1.1% of GDP as of 2016. Why?

You choose to subordinate yourselves under UN in the DRC instead of dealing with the known instigators forcefully and placing the entire country under your own jurisdiction,similar to Namibia post WW1. You could reap trillions in such a legally agreed scheme with the eternally suffering Congolese people-instead you celebrate hide and seek games with known Tutsi proxies,the M23 'rebels.'

It will be your loss,when NOT IF, a continental challenger outflanks you in the DRC,already a rival had made inroads in both Kivus and has extended as far as Kisangani,softly,softly . Its happening already in other spheres-we have at least 7 times your dedicated gunships,with 35 MD 500s,12 MD 530s,12 AH 1s,12 MI 28s and 55 incoming ZW 9s. Naij is getting 2 Indonesian unreps,albeit civvy standard.

By African standards you're in the upper elite,on all levels,in the wider world its like Romania vs Italy.

[url]comparison of Romania vs. Italy - Romania compared to Italy[/url]

Those stats will tell you which nation built the sexiest beast. I hope this doesn't turn into a flame-in fact I'd rather keep it us between us having noticed an overwhelming negative emotion whenever your weapons systems and/or geopolitics comes up.

I know this is very off-topic but I'll try to explain a few things.

Post 94 there was a Defence Review document which suggested what the SANDF should acquire to function during peace time. They included

- 5 frigates
- 4 Submarines
- 48 light fighters (F16 or Gripen class)
- 4 Submarines
- 60 light helicopters
- 6 navy helicopters
- 100+ MBTs

1 frigate was cancelled in favour of a helicopter carrier. MBTs cancelled, light helicopters reduced to 30, 4 Submarines reduced to 3 and so on..

Initially we had the money, in fact we still do... However, the Arms Deal left a nasty after taste on the general public who's post 94 utopia dreams were not being full filed.

See, South Africa can run the best military in Africa because our tax collection system collects more tax than any other African country. However, we have huge social inequalities that are being addressed by the state. They range from education to infrastructure.... When someone who lives in Soweto asks why he's not having the same infrastructure as someone who lives just 10kms away, it becomes big problem that can destabilise the state.

The military is the least of the current concerns, education, health and infrastructure takes the stage. Education gets 4 times the military budget , if money was promotionally allocated then the military budget would be twice the current status and yes we would be fielding the largest military after Egypt.

As for the Congo, we can't invade another country to anex it. It doesn't work like that.... Every country retains it's right to independence and self determination.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DictatorZAR1: 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
pacretus:

That's easy we do what you yourself do even better.

All we want is some separation of facts and fiction PLEASE
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2017
Henry240:

NAF says 2 Dauphin helicopters are currently being re-activated by Aero-contractors. The crash bird A109e won't be missed after all.
I saw the statement yesterday, won't there be a training phase to convert the pilots though? Anyways to my knowledge Since the inception of helicopter flying school Enugu, NAF is not experiencing any shortage of helicopter pilots.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2017
AW-139 , fire fighters algeria

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2017
China state minister for Defence in Kenya

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
As for the 12 Rooivalks, this is the story.

Initially there was an order of 48 Rooivalks just like there were 48 produced Denel Orxies. However at the end of the Border War the airforce ran out of "unlimited" money so the project was shelved all together. The airforce became more concerned about acquiring fighters instead anything else.

The Rooivalk was revived by the Army around the 2000s when their 100+ MBT order was cancelled. The age of fast mobility warfare had ended, if South Africa had to go to war it would be a full all-out systems war and the Army lacked heavy armour in large numbers to make an effective assault. So the solution would be an attack helicopter that would soften the enemy's heavy armour.

So we had buy someone's gunship or revive our own where we could integrate our own weapon systems. The Army spent $1bn (R7bn) of its own money to have at least 12 Rooivalks.... That helicopter might be with the Airforce but it's the army's adopted child.

However, the Rooivalk will at some stage be replaced which is why Denel is looking into its next generation.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2017
Henry240:

Lol, like you expect your mother to tell you something different. Good luck with that.
Why would she lie? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) ... (2859) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.