Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,551 members, 7,895,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 05:24 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6078759 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) ... (2859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
ssaengine:
Denel RG21
Is this the REVA VI ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
IbnSultaan:

You may end up getting those silly reporters to renew their coup story
grin grin grin angry angry
The same guys who calla Trainer a Fighter Jet ,Nooooo grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2017
NEW AIR OFFICER COMMANDING TACTICAL AIR COMMAND TAKES OVER

The newly appointed Air Officer Commanding (AOC) Tactical Air Command (TAC) of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF), Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Mohammed Idris on Friday, 14 July 2017 formally took over command during a ceremony, which held at the Command’s Headquarters in Makurdi. AVM Idris replaced the former AOC, AVM Nurudeen Balogun, who has now been redeployed to the Headquarters of the NAF in Abuja, as the Chief of Training and Operations. The new AOC, until his appointment as the AOC TAC, was the Director of Training at the Headquarters of the NAF.

In his remarks during the ceremony, AVM Idris pledged to contribute his quota by not only building from where his predecessor stopped but also taking the necessary steps to keep the NAF fighter aircraft in the air. The AOC further assured the officers and airmen/airwomen of the Command that together with them, the Command would intensify efforts to flush out the remnants of the Boko Haram insurgents. He added that during his tenure, he would not relent on his oars in the fight to preserve the territorial integrity of Nigeria.

AVM Idris, a seasoned combat fighter pilot is a member of 35 Regular Course of the Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna. He was commissioned to the rank of Pilot Officer in the NAF in December 1987. In the course of his military career, the new AOC has flown various aircraft types in the NAF inventory and has also participated in various operations in Nigeria. It would be recalled that a recent restructuring exercise in the NAF resulted in the redeployment of several senior officers.

DOPRI

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
Algerian1:

2 mi 35 twice more expensive then 3 JF17 ? how ?
Yes the Budget is inflated but another Logical reason is Nigeria paid Russia directly for the Three Kilmov RD 93 Engines.
Man dey water right now when man reach house I go get link na phone I dey use and service is spotty.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 1:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2017
LTGEN:

Yes the Budget is inflated but another Logical reason is Nigeria paid Russia directly for the Three Kilmov RD 93 Engines.
Man dey water right now when man reach house I go get link na phone I dey use and service is spotty.

This is not logical at all.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
rugged7:
Just because a person doesn't support your God buhari doesn't mean he supports jonathan.

Both are the same type of scum scrapped from the bottom of a barrel.

Buhari is a greater scum however.

All of you clowns are so happy being politically correct and kissing ass.

Well, i ain't doing that.

Budddy It's not about being politically correct, this thread doesn't tolerate political discussion or arguments so basically this is it not the place for it, whether politically correct or freeedom fighter.... just drop it as you're in the wrong place.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
My French is not very good but I'll just go ahead and assume Ivory Coast just completed and indigenous vessel with the help of PLAN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2017
Nigerian Navy pilot who was involved in the fatal aw109 crash back in 2012. RIP.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
Odunayaw:
Fastest way to see Ship House start looking at the Su-30 with lust is if you,me and every flanker lover of this thread contribute our savings and repair and buy more Mig-29 for Chad and give them tokunbo pilot or don't you think so grin
In that case we better start saving !!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

In that case we better start saving !!

Unfortunately heavy wind have destroyed the ones they have already.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 16, 2017
Iblawi1:

Unfortunately heavy wind have destroyed the ones they have already.
You mean well wind of God grin anyways their dictator who basically controls everything in that country can replace it, he built a that Air Force from scratch.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2017
Hennynitan17:

Best news ever.... can't wait...
best news since I sat on the sidelines watching the thread wars, wasn't funny sharing a bunker with vikkie14 and repelling boarders every time grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2017
IbnSultaan:

We all know your distain for this govt, d other day henry240 tried to down play it.

We got the super mushshak, Mi35, JF17 all at a time of limited finance. Thanks to CAS n CinC
When we also have a Fmr NSA who used 2.1bn $ for campaign.
ibnsultan with all due respect this government in full totality is useless, Defsec is just one aspect of governance and all these are continuous , the only place where we have the right people nd the only succor for me else in other aspects I leave that to the common man on the street to answer you.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2017
tdayof:

Trust me if he sees this post, he'll be glad. I hope he knows the public like him .
he has brought innovation and fresh air into NAF
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
GOVERNOR UGWUANYI PLEDGES SUPPORT FOR NAF AS GROUND TRAINING COMMAND TAKES OFF

The Enugu State Governor, His Excellency, Right Honorable Doctor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi on Friday 14 July 2017 assured the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) that his administration would give maximum support to ensure the smooth take-off of the newly established NAF Ground Training Command (GTC), with Headquarters in Enugu. This assurance was given when the pioneer Air Officer Commanding (AOC) GTC Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Samson Akpasa paid a courtesy call on the Governor at the Government House Enugu. Governor Ugwuanyi welcomed and congratulated AVM Akpasa on his appointment as the pioneer AOC GTC. He added that Enugu State was indeed pleased and privileged to host the new NAF Command. He went further to state that his government had always enjoyed a cordial working relationship with security agencies in the State, particularly the NAF, and that the State Government would not relent in its efforts in that regard.

Earlier in his address, AVM Samson Akpasa informed Governor Ugwuanyi that the present security architecture of the country led to the restructuring of the NAF, with the GTC emerging as a byproduct of that exercise. He added that the location of the new NAF Command in Enugu would go a long a way in enhancing security in the State, aside from the potential economic benefits to Enugu State citizens. He also expressed the readiness of the Command to work harmoniously with the State Government in the discharge of its responsibilities.

It may be recalled that the NAF recently embarked on a restructuring exercise to further enhance the effective, efficient and timely projection of air power by the Service. The exercise resulted in the establishment of 2 new Commands namely Air Training Command (ATC), with Headquarters in Kaduna, and Ground Training Command (GTC), with Headquarters in Enugu. The two new Commands were excised from the now defunct Training Command Kaduna thereby bringing the total number of Commands in the NAF to six. While the ATC will be responsible for the implementation of policies on local flying and air operations training, the GTC will be responsible for the implementation of policies on local ground training. AVM Akpasa, a seasoned pilot and administrator, was accompanied on the visit by NAF Commanders and other senior NAF officers in Enugu State.

DOPRI

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian Air Force pilot who was involved in the fatal aw109 crash back in 2012. RIP.
rank insignia shows he is a navy pilot

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
Tunisian elite forces
Pic 1 BAT
Pic 2 GIM

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2017
Cannonleo:
rank insignia shows he is a navy pilot
You're correct sir ! Somebody give this man a trophy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin pardon me but I think thus dude is photoshopped

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

You're correct sir ! Somebody give this man a trophy
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin thanks bro
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
Cannonleo:
best news since I sat on the sidelines watching the thread wars, wasn't funny sharing a bunker with vikkie14 and repelling boarders every time grin grin

grin grin grin
next time save a seat for me too ,

i was sorely tempted to take a potshot or too ,but lack of safety made me change my mind grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
My French is not very good but I'll just go ahead and assume Ivory Coast just completed and indigenous vessel with the help of PLAN

from what i have found , its a gift from china to ivory cost navy , the patrol boat is 27 metres long ,can take 22 crews , with 2 engines of 485 kwt .

i can help for french and arabic translation if needed wink

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
Henry240:

why is everybody a baldie

part of dress code grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2017
Cannonleo:
grin grin grin grin grin grin pardon me but I think thus dude is photoshopped

I pray it's photishoped . these painting is way too odd sad
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
el-mellah 938 , New Sailing school ship , Algerian navy

110 meters long , the tallest of its masts 54 meters , 222 crews

today 16 july pics smiley

check this beauty cool

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
el-mellah 938 , New Sailing school ship , Algerian navy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4MlalemJuI

you can see on the rear mast their is a chimney ( the boat have an engine 1900 cv also to use if needed)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
bidexiii:

I pray it's photishoped . these painting is way too odd sad

The painting doesn't look Photoshoped, it's only the Nigerian flag, number and insignia that has been placed there and the guy didn't do a good job on it wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2017
Algerian1:

from what i have found , its a gift from china to ivory cost navy , the patrol boat is 27 metres long ,can take 22 crews , with 2 engines of 485 kwt .

i can help for french and arabic translation if needed wink
Thanks for that Chikl

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
SENEGALESE Air Force transport

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) ... (2859) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.