Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:49 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6050335 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1450) (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) ... (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 22, 2017
Nigerian army

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 22, 2017
Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 11:11am On Oct 22, 2017
newafricaken254:
it actually like this rehearsal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1xo7ZKI4rc
tnx mate
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 22, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian army
I thought only DSS carries special assault rifles...cos all the Nigeria soldiers I have ever seen all carry cellotaped ak47 grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 22, 2017
krattoss:
I thought only DSS carries special assault rifles...cos all the Nigeria soldiers I have ever seen all carry cellotaped ak47 grin
grin grin

That thing is meant to hold 2 magazines together.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:58am On Oct 22, 2017
Algerian1:

he tell the truth , french had difficulty to deploy it armed vehicles , they used US, british , canadian C-17 Globemaster III to transport their ERC-90 Sagaie, AMX-10 RC and VABs . and later the VBCI was sent by logistic ships

Zero heavy tank leclerc ( not adapted for guerilla in desert sahara) , and zéro Mrap until april 2016 when three french soldiers died in an IED(12 april 2016) , they sent only six Aravis (with level 4 mine protection) for IED .

Numbers is the key. France sent a lot of men and materials that needed a lot of support. The real reason there no French MRAPS in Mali is there are no real French MRAPS.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
Henry240:

grin grin

That thing is meant to hold 2 magazines together.
cheesy cheesy never knew ooo

But i think they should change that ak47 and carry better rifle like that one up there
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
Henry240:

Thank you.

For every right thinking individual that followed Operation Serval, we could all see the French military struggled to transport heavy armour to Mali. In a region which France considers as it's strong hold, also a region with multiple French bases.

My point is not to compare Nigeria to France, only to state why Nigeria should consider the purchase of LAVs in significant numbers to support Quick Intervention missions, seeing that a major world power such as France also struggled to deploy with it's own capacity to a country in a region where it wields significant influence.

Hence i specifically said, like Algeria, we should try purchase a minimum of 200 LAVs. Which would help us rapidly deploy while the Army sorts out how to transport it's heavy equipment.

How heavy do you think MRAPs are VS a LAV? Your argument makes no sense. If you put forward you wanted a LAV because there increased fire power gave a small QRF better fighting power you would have a point. But since you can carry has many say Mamba Maps per LAV or hell just get a small MRAP like the RG32 now your argument has no leg to stand on.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
Henry240:

Great, i'm yet to see a single French MRAP in the video. The French who depended quite heavily on thier NATO allies for the transport of heavy armour in Mali. The US, British contributing significant numbers of C-17s to France during Operation Serval.

The French also chartered Russian charter aircrafts to move VABs.

France is not a big user of MRAPs at all. So your point is what.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
andrewza:

How heavy do you think MRAPs are VS a LAV? Your argument makes no sense. If you put forward you wanted a LAV because there increased fire power gave a small QRF better fighting power you would have a point. But since you can carry has many say Mamba Maps per LAV or hell just get a small MRAP like the RG32 now your argument has no leg to stand on.
I'm not making an argument.

My statement clearly refers to Quick Response and the deployment of armour as a case study for Nigeria's future deployments. With emphasis on lift, cost and Quick response.

Now, it seems most of you lot went to school at night, hence you find it quite difficult to understand my post and see that i am referring to Nigeria.

My use of France and the difficulties the French faced in deploying to Mali only further underscores why i believe a country like Nigeria should invest in LAVs. As i believe a C-130 should be able to carry the same amount of LAVs per Utility truck.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
andrewza:

France is not a big user of MRAPs at all. So your point is what.
This is my point, this picture is where my post for LAVs comes in.

"What is good for Nigeria for quick response?".

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchime(m): 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
krattoss:
cheesy cheesy never knew ooo

But i think they should change that ak47 and carry better rifle like that one up there

Its a Kalashnikov that have just been upgraded..............AK's can easily be upgraded, that's why I like them shaaa
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by peterphd(m): 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian army
Hello Henry240, what's this guy's rank in the pic?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
peterphd:

Hello Henry240, what's this guy's rank in the pic?
The guy below me should know. cheesy cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 12:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
Henry240:

My statement clearly refers to Quick Response and the deployment of armour as a case study for Nigeria's future deployments. With emphasis on lift, cost and Quick response.

Now, it seems most of you lot went to school at night, hence you find it quite difficult to understand my post and see that i am referring to Nigeria.

My use of France and the difficulties the French faced in deploying to Mali only further underscores why i believe a country like Nigeria should invest in LAVs. As i believe a C-130 should be able to carry the same amount of LAVs per Utility truck.

The term making a argument is what you doing. You bring points that show why you think some is is correct. So yes you making a argument.

You will carry 0ne to two LAV per c130. Same amount as a MRAP, said MRAP could be based on a all ready used logistcal truck to thus making the support of this QRF force easier to.

We under stand your point just pointing out that you wrong in this king a LAV is easier to deploy than a MRAP hell your MRAP and LAV could be one and the same if you get some thing like the AMV with lighter armor. Even the US Stryker is now incorporating new changes to make it in to a MRAP.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
Henry240:

This is my point, this picture is where my post for LAVs comes in.

What is good for Nigeria for quick response.

Not my fault you have only a big MRAP. I mean you could build a MRAP based on a Toyota land cruiser. Not every MRAP needs to be able to stop 500kg blast.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
andrewza:

Not my fault you have only a big MRAP. I mean you could build a MRAP based on a Toyota land cruiser. Not every MRAP needs to be able to stop 500kg blast.
Hence my comment refers to Nigeria and no country else.

So, while the Nigerian army responds with these which can be armed with up to 23mm, like we have seen with some of the VBLs we have in service or even a Mortar type system.The logistics command can properly figure out how to move other systems such as the ERC-90, IFVs and Tanks or light tanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
andrewza:

The term making a argument is what you doing. You bring points that show why you think some is is correct. So yes you making a argument.

You will carry 0ne to two LAV per c130. Same amount as a MRAP, said MRAP could be based on a all ready used logistcal truck to thus making the support of this QRF force easier to.

We under stand your point just pointing out that you wrong in this king a LAV is easier to deploy than a MRAP hell your MRAP and LAV could be one and the same if you get some thing like the AMV with lighter armor. Even the US Stryker is now incorporating new changes to make it in to a MRAP.

No Sir, i am stating my point of view as it regards to Nigeria. How i feel a Nigerian quick deployment should look like.

You would carry 2 LAVs for every C-130, same figure for vehicles like the Hilux. Not the same thing for a vehicle like an MRAP which might not be needed on such a deployment.

Say Gambia as an example, MRAPs are not needed, what actually is required is an LAV, while the army's logistics command goes about sorting out how they would be able to transport the rest of the military's heavy armour.

My point is looking at deployments from a Nigerian perspective where cost, lift, rapid response and crew protection are challenges, and how the Nigerian military can deal with these using LAVs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 1:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
Henry240:

Hence my comment refers to Nigeria and no country else.

And even with Nigeria nothing is stopping you from getting a lighter MRAP that easier to transport and support. As I said you can vase it of a Toyota land cruiser.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
andrewza:

And even with Nigeria nothing is stopping you from getting a lighter MRAP that easier to transport and support. As I said you can vase it of a Toyota land cruiser.
the proforce pf2 is based on the land cruiser
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
patches689:

Nope, that would be the """"popular mobilization forces"""" (totally not, at all, in any way, whatsoever, Iranian regulars), Kurds and Iraqi regulars.

if you watch the go pro camera footage from some of those guys operations and see the rate at which they get casualties you would wonder if they have sworn some kind of suicide oath to just go to the front and die. I remember Watching one of their Bridge crossing were they lost so many men that it became pointless crossing to the other side. Because they now have few men that would be able to stage a fight on the other side.
My greatest respect for them is not their skills but their bravery, the courage thats what makes them special.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2017
andrewza:

Which is exactly what an LAV is, hence my support for it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
Henry240:

No Sir, i am stating my point of view as it regards to Nigeria. How i feel a Nigerian quick deployment should look like.

You would carry 2 LAVs for every C-130, same figure for vehicles like the Hilux. Not the same thing for a vehicle like an MRAP which might not be needed on such a deployment.

Say Gambia as an example, MRAPs are not needed, what actually is required is an LAV, while the army's logistics command goes about sorting out how they would be able to transport the rest of the military's heavy armour.

My point is looking at deployments from a Nigerian perspective where cost, lift, rapid response and crew protection are challenges, and how the Nigerian military can deal with these using LAVs.

English is my home langue
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/make+an+argument

You making a argument.

You can easily carry 2 MRAPs in a c 130 the mamba for example is under 7 tons combat load

You don't need a MRAP until you need it. But your argument is that the lav is better because it is lighter and easier to support. This is incorrect.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
Henry240:

Which is exactly what an LAV is, hence my support for it.

A lav is a light Armoured vehicle they typically weigh 10 tons
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
peterphd:

Hello , what's this guy's rank in the pic?
Leading Seaman
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
slimthugchime:

Its a Kalashnikov that have just been upgraded..............AK's can easily be upgraded, that's why I like them shaaa

I can see a Beryl in that picture.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
Angolan Air Force transport capabilities..

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
Angolan IL-76

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
Henry240:

not every conflict will be like another Gambi,consider the light armoured vehicles phillipine army deployed to marawi city(which eventually ended up costing more live of their troops)forcing Philippine soldiers to improvise with makeshift shields against ISIS 50 caliber machine gun and recoilless rifle in the urban maze.don't rush to war and then end up loosing more lives

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian army
Henry thank you for this pic, I lost contact with this dude for 2 yrs plus now, was hoping he was good my gallant dude

Meanwhile I think he is a leading seaman

Navy dude
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 4:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kenya navy amphibious landing of Kenyan troops on kismayu beach,they even brought along Vickers Mk 3 tank

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
krattoss:

That's the Polish Beryl rifle purchased for the Nigeria Army Special Forces. DSS uses the Isreali Tavor CTAR-21 (Nigeria Navy SBS and NAF Regiment + QRF also), FN P-90 (NIA also), the FN FS2000 (DSS only so far), and the Isreali IWI Galil ACE. For regular army troopers, they still use the old OBJ-006, Nigerian copies of the AK-47/Type 56. Hopefully infantry will fully adopt the Beryl.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1450) (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) ... (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.