Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,219 members, 7,887,587 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:59 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6066259 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) ... (2858) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
ocelot2006:

That's the Polish Beryl rifle purchased for the Nigeria Army Special Forces. DSS uses the Isreali Tavor CTAR-21 (Nigeria Navy SBS and NAF Regiment + QRF also), FN P-90 (NIA also), the FN FS2000 (DSS only so far), and the Isreali IWI Galil ACE. For regular army troopers, they still use the old OBJ-006, Nigerian copies of the AK-47/Type 56. Hopefully infantry will fully adopt the Beryl.
oga I never hear these kind names before ooo but by the name and some Google search,they look more sophisticated than that ak47 carried by our normal troops. ..

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
Henry240:

I agree, the Cammo pattern does bring out the beauty of the vehicles.

I've seen some of thier vehicles in desert Camo, like the armoured hilux, i don't think i really like that Cammo. It looks a little bit too "yellowish".
Too yellwosh indeed lipsrsealed
I’m sure they can do better

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
Proforce Armoured helux already saving lives of troops on the frontlines cool

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 11:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
The Hilux is just too civilian for the military.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
ocelot2006:
The Hilux is just too civilian for the military.
Depends on what role it is used to fill, its not “too civilian” for military use.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 12:26am On Oct 23, 2017
I see some good pictures have been posted over the past week of the French in the Sahel.

Here's one of my favourites, from the mid 1990s.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 4:10am On Oct 23, 2017
somalia president was in somalia to ask museveni for support,in the upcoming new offesive against alshabaab. this are about to heat up in this region

omalia President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmaajo met his Ugandan counterpart Yoweri Museveni in Entebbe Uganda on Sunday.

The two heads of states discussed on security matters arising after the October 14 twin truck bombing in Mogadishu that killed 400 plus people.

Uganda which is a contributing member in the 22000 strong African Union peace keeping force Amisom has pledged to back up a planned offensive on Alshabaab in retaliation to the deadliest single attack in Somalia history.

“Had fruitful talks with H.E @KagutaMuseveni on security cooperation.

Promised full support as we embark on new offensive against Alshabab” Farmaajo tweeted late Sunday.

Farmaajo is also expected to fly to Djibouti and Ethiopia to seek military backup ahead of the offensive . link http://radiodalsan.com/en/uganda-to-back-somalia-in-new-offensive-on-alshabaab/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:22am On Oct 23, 2017
newafricaken254:
somalia president was in somalia to ask museveni for support,in the upcoming new offesive against alshabaab. this are about to heat up in this region

omalia President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmaajo met his Ugandan counterpart Yoweri Museveni in Entebbe Uganda on Sunday.

The two heads of states discussed on security matters arising after the October 14 twin truck bombing in Mogadishu that killed 400 plus people.

Uganda which is a contributing member in the 22000 strong African Union peace keeping force Amisom has pledged to back up a planned offensive on Alshabaab in retaliation to the deadliest single attack in Somalia history.

“Had fruitful talks with H.E @KagutaMuseveni on security cooperation.

Promised full support as we embark on new offensive against Alshabab” Farmaajo tweeted late Sunday.

Farmaajo is also expected to fly to Djibouti and Ethiopia to seek military backup ahead of the offensive . link http://radiodalsan.com/en/uganda-to-back-somalia-in-new-offensive-on-alshabaab/

M7 likes fighting so no asking needed, he's always in.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:33am On Oct 23, 2017
Apparently SpaceX is launching a secret satellite codename "Zuma" for an un specificied government.

It obviously got me suspicious

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/spacex-planning-mysterious-launch-codenamed-zuma-november-government-customer-1643578aaa

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:17am On Oct 23, 2017
actually the french during Opération Serval shipped its equipment and vehicles to dakar and then by road to bamako

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPFrcqeIIS4

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:18am On Oct 23, 2017
ActivateKruger:

M7 likes fighting so no asking needed, he's always in.
i wonder if he will deploy his SU-30 or MI-24/35'S
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 7:51am On Oct 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Proforce Armoured helux already saving lives of troops on the frontlines cool

A cheap and effective light Tatical vehicle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 23, 2017
A Tanzo FIB trooper on patrol, taking time out for some hearts and minds. cool

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 23, 2017
On FIB hearts and minds, SA Army sappers building bridges and schools in the DRC.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:40am On Oct 23, 2017
newafricaken254:
i wonder if he will deploy his SU-30 or MI-24/35'S

I don't think he would, that's very conveniental for insurgents.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 23, 2017
The RSA Aviation Squadron in the DRC on its own initiative raised funds in SA, bought land and built an orphanage for war orphans in Bushara, Goma, DRC.
Chairs, desks, cupboards and bed-frames were made from old ammunition boxes cheesy cheesy cheesy.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:50am On Oct 23, 2017
frumentius:
The RSA Aviation Squadron in the DRC on its own initiative raised funds in SA, bought land and built an orphanage for war orphans in Bushara, Goma, DRC.
Chairs, desks, cupboards and bed-frames were made from old ammunition boxes cheesy cheesy cheesy.

That's very sweet smiley

Is that a toy Rooivalk on the background?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2017
newafricaken254:
Kenya navy amphibious landing of Kenyan troops on kismayu beach,they even brought along Vickers Mk 3 tank

REALLY!? I don't see it here or in any other pic of the Kismayu op.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 23, 2017
ActivateKruger:

That's very sweet smiley

Is that a toy Rooivalk on the background?
grin grin grin
Yeah, 1 of the 3 toys that only require 15 ground technicians in the field! cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:08am On Oct 23, 2017
ActivateKruger:

I don't think he would, that's very conveniental for insurgents.

True but what else does he have? That's why wiser people these parts knew the Sues for which he broke the bank shelling out 700mn$ (being a dictator is so cool!) wouldn't actually change the regional power balance.
How many sorties would you have to fly to effectively counter the cheap technical mounted insurgents/rebels/militia in Africa? Like the E DRC,ADF hiding out in bases like this of which there are hundreds spread out over the savanna? Only Russia can afford that sortie tempo! In fact when it was confirmed M7 was getting Su 30s not -25s, Hinds or transports many in Nairobi laughed at the Tutsis supremacist's tactical knowledge.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 23, 2017
kikuyu1, because you like shotguns grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:15am On Oct 23, 2017
frumentius:
kikuyu1, because you like shotguns grin grin grin

Thanks,but the pic is slightly unclear! I was about to ask,btw,why I've never seen a single shottie in all the 0000's of Saffer pics. Do you know Indians don't use them in their NE jungle against Naxalites thanks to NGO/ISPCA/PTA noise. Where's this?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 23, 2017
kikuyu1:

True but what else does he have? That's why wiser people these parts knew the Sues for which he broke the bank shelling out 700mn$ (being a dictator is so cool!) wouldn't actually change the regional power balance.
How many sorties would you have to fly to effectively counter the cheap technical mounted insurgents/rebels/militia in Africa? Like the E DRC,ADF hiding out in bases like this? Only Russia can afford that sortie tempo! In fact when it was confirmed M7 was getting Su 30s not -25s, Hinds or transports many in Nairobi laughed at the Tutsis supremacist's tactical knowledge.

Plus AMISOM will not re-imburse Uganda for such a deployment. Hell, they barely manage for the current infantry deployment.
And Ugandan Sukhoi pilots are resigning for civilian greener pastures ($500/month vs $8-10000) after discovering that the foreign pilots and technicians are paid substantially more. Foreign crew were supposed to train and depart by July 2012. It's 2017 and they're still there. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:33am On Oct 23, 2017
frumentius:

Plus AMISOM will not re-imburse Uganda for such a deployment. Hell, they barely manage for the current infantry deployment.
And Ugandan Sukhoi pilots are resigning for civilian greener pastures ($500/month vs $8-10000) after discovering that the foreign pilots and technicians are paid substantially more. Foreign crew were supposed to train and depart by July 2012. It's 2017 and they're still there. shocked shocked shocked

The whole Sue thing will serve as a lesson all for the wrong reasons,mainly:
-only 7 frames aren't enough to be more than a mere threat
-the finances could've/should've gone into a 5 yr plan for a real AF,starting with low hr -25s,Hinds and some AN 32s
-they're all Entebbe based giving a shallow defensive depth-what if for some reason its U\S,EVEN IF ONLY TEMPORARY?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2017
kikuyu1:

Thanks,but the pic is slightly unclear! I was about to ask,btw,why I've never seen a single shottie in all the 0000's of Saffer pics. Do you know Indians don't use them in their NE jungle against Naxalites thanks to NGO/ISPCA/PTA noise. Where's this?

Foot patrol on the Caledon River, border with Lesotho. If the Neostead 2000 combat shotgun is good enough for the SAS, there really is no reason we didn't adopt it.
No wonder the late Mikhail Kalashnikov requested to meet and shake Tony Neophytou's hand: the man is a genius.
The NTW-20, the Neostead 2000, the Neopup PAW-20 (Inkunzi) and now the Inkunzi Strike.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 10:42am On Oct 23, 2017
kikuyu1:

Probably the border. I know border patrols have shot guns for the same reason a fully equipped native Harbour patrol boat has 1. Prisoner management.

Rushing a guard with a shot gun means he can put down multiple people with one shot a day in his state of panic even if he hip fires he will hit them.

Border patrols all so carry a R1 in areas with dangerous animals.

Shot guns have a very limited use in war. Hence they not seen often.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 11:53am On Oct 23, 2017
andrewza:

Probably the border. I know border patrols have shot guns for the same reason a fully equipped native Harbour patrol boat has 1. Prisoner management.

Rushing a guard with a shot gun means he can put down multiple people with one shot a day in his state of panic even if he hip fires he will hit them.

Border patrols all so carry a R1 in areas with dangerous animals.

Shot guns have a very limited use in war. Hence they not seen often.
just thinking, Is it possible to have a silencer on a shot gun.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
Kalapizim:
just thinking, Is it possible to have a silencer on a shot gun.

Yes you can but why would you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFFAcHQE8xg
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
More than 60 SA Navy divers participated in this year's Divex in PE from 9 to 19 October.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2017
Namibian Air Force F-7

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Depends on what role it is used to fill, its not “too civilian” for military use.

Well I feel it is. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Hilux as it's one strong and dependable vehicle. I can attest to this cos I used it extensively on the Mambilla mountain wall along the Camerounian border with Taraba state. Still I feel the Army ought to be given a vehicle that strikes a balance between mobility & protection. Let the army offload the Hilux to Military Police units and go for something more rugged.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Namibian Air Force F-7
common Namibia. .this aint 1950 angry undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) ... (2858) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.