Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,670 members, 7,948,527 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:11 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6140991 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) ... (2864) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 9:46am On Oct 30, 2017
hi guys!!!

@henry what about this chinese guy that was here some time ago? i am not talking about chukxie now. he is a chinese national. what page did you see.him last.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by peterphd(m): 10:37am On Oct 30, 2017
Algerian1:
punishment grin

This can be the one and only Nigerian Army!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by peterphd(m): 10:41am On Oct 30, 2017
Kalapizim:
colonel
How do you know just by looking at it? No ranks na
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 11:18am On Oct 30, 2017
golfsierra:
Recce officers arrive at a scene where three gangsters, suspected to have killed two policemen at Kayole in Nairobi on Friday, were hiding at Kenol town in Murang’a County on October 28, 2017. They were gunned down after a five hour gun drama. PHOTO | MARTIN MWAURA | NATION MEDIA GROUP
I love how they arrive in their khaki/blue jeans looking all calm and collected, they make it look so easy its almost like nothing to them, and then then they leave the scene immediately after leaving regular cops to clean up their mess.
Perhaps its time Training manual for regular cops were upgraded, especially concerning urban/CQB battles, and also a couple equipment upgrades like amour, and breaching tolls for the flying squad, and if their are hostages involved in any shootout, the police need to immediately secure the perimeter, disengage and call recce HRT cause the history of regular cops handling real hostage situation is bleak

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:32am On Oct 30, 2017
peterphd:

This can be the one and only Nigerian Army!

It is far from unique. But if I had to take such a picture I would have to join them and that just for taking the pictures not even uploading them.

You dont air dirty laundry in public.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by peterphd(m): 11:43am On Oct 30, 2017
andrewza:

It is far from unique. But if I had to take such a picture I would have to join them and that just for taking the pictures not even uploading them.

You dont air dirty laundry in public.

Oga, other militaries have their varieties of punishment and their videos make it to instagram so what is it about airing dirty laundry?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by golfsierra: 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2017
Kenya Army Rangers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2017
Cameroon

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
Nigerian navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by medic555(m): 1:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian navy
SBS commando abode nns thunder right
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
peterphd:

Oga, other militaries have their varieties of punishment and their videos make it to instagram so what is it about airing dirty laundry?

Punshment is not meant to be made public.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2017
Kalapizim:
colonel

Brigadier General & Commander Guards Brigade, Abuja. That was the President proudly acknowledging the new military medal of the Army Officer on arrival from his visit to Turkey.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2017
andrewza:

Punshment is not meant to be made public.

Andrewza that's not an official public photo...people take them privately and make them public. In any case it's good psyops. Not a good idea to dare crack-heads like that -- A Nigerian Army past time which we have passed on to friendly effective armies on the continent.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
Covert1:

Andrewza that's not an official public photo...people take them privately and make them public. In any case it's good psyops. Not a good idea to dare crack-heads like that -- A Nigerian Army past time which we have passed
on to friendly effective armies on the continent.

As I said if I took that picture in South Africa the instructor would be on. I clearly see it is private.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
andrewza:

As I said if I took that picture in South Africa the instructor would be on. I clearly see it is private.

Don't make a fuss cos you don't have any, such ruggedness don't exist in South Africa.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2017
Covert1:

Don't make a fuss cos you don't have any, such ruggedness don't exist in South Africa.
Guy stop please. grin grin grin.
That is not ruggedness but inhumane treatment of fellow human.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
Xbee007:

Guy stop please. grin grin grin.
That is not ruggedness but inhumane treatment of fellow human.

Whose this? Mind ur business. Next time look for a better pic for a joke. Look up your dictionary for the difference btw military and civilian life. That drill works.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
Covert1:

Brigadier General & Commander Guards Brigade, Abuja. That was the President proudly acknowledging the new military medal of the Army Officer on arrival from his visit to Turkey.
yes you are right sir, I missed the passed staff course PSC(+)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 2:49pm On Oct 30, 2017
peterphd:

How do you know just by looking at it? No ranks na
those lapels represent the courses he has undergone some courses are meant to be taken when you are at a particular rank.
In the photo he had :
NDA lapel : meaning he is an officer who trained at the academy (RC or SSC)
Armed forces command and staff college lapel:
which put his rank from major upwards
National institute of strategic studies kuru lapel: only senior officers from colonels take this course
Infantry lapel of school of infantry UK (can't recall the name )
others include PSC(+) passed staff course and other courses undergone depending on his corps and unit.
guys please add to anyone I have missed.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:50pm On Oct 30, 2017
Covert1:

Yeah, we replaced it with this thing called "professionalism"

Give it a try sometime.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2017
Covert1:

If you think that is rugged maybe you should join the army.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2017
Covert1:

Whose this? Mind ur business. Next time look for a better pic for a joke. Look up your dictionary for the difference btw military and civilian life. That drill works.

What does that drill teach you?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2017
patches689:

Yeah, we replaced it with this thing called "professionalism"

Give it a try sometime.

Seen USMC boot camp? They do shits like that too. It's all play.

In real life punishment doesn't equate toughness. So as skills equate professionalism.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2017
andrewza:

What does that drill teach you?
Andrew just leave the fella grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
tdayof:

In real life punishment doesn't equate toughness. So as skills equate professionalism.

That same drill is done here. It not bragged about since it really nothing special. My issue was these types of pics all ways pop up from Nigeria. Like they bragging about it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2017
andrewza:

That same drill is done here. It not bragged about since it really nothing special. My issue was these types of pics all ways pop up from Nigeria. Like they bragging about it.
I get your point and you are spot on
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:13pm On Oct 30, 2017
tdayof:

Marines dont do that sort of nonsense - their punishments are lesson orientated or at least focused on skills development.

Of course there are physical punishments, but those are all fitness orientated.

Here is an interesting comparison between those Marines and Army - its funny, but also in a way quite deep when you consider the different training ethos of the two branches and the effect on the troops they turn out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNn9H1LR2Tw

that guy getting fvcking reemed at 4:40 gets me every time grin grin grin

Also 6:09:
"The recruit needs bayonette course, Sir"
"needs?"
"needs!?"
"NNNNEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDSSSS!!!!?!?!?"
[inaudible screaming]

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
CT COIN Nigeria

13 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
CT COIN Nigeria
I love seeing well equiped security personells
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2017
Kalapizim:
those lapels represent the courses he has undergone some courses are meant to be taken when you are at a particular rank.
In the photo he had :
NDA lapel : meaning he is an officer who trained at the academy (RC or SSC)
Armed forces command and staff college lapel:
which put his rank from major upwards
National institute of strategic studies kuru lapel: only senior officers from colonels take this course
Infantry lapel of school of infantry UK (can't recall the name )
others include PSC(+) passed staff course and other courses undergone depending on his corps and unit.
guys please add to anyone I have missed.
I saw a medal with the inscription 25 possibly meaning the individual
has served at least 25 years in the Armed Forces.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Litmus: 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
Odunayaw:
I get your point and you are spot on

His point was daft.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
Algeria, repost ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) ... (2864) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.