Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,193 members, 7,967,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 05:21 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6162920 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) ... (2867) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2017
newafricaken254:
SAfrica's Zuma in Talks to Sell Most of Denel to Qatar, STimes

South Africa is in talks with Qatar to sell a majority stake in its arms manufacturer Denel SOC Ltd. to the Gulf country, the Sunday Times reported, citing a source it didn’t identify.

President Jacob Zuma is also seeking to sell portions of other struggling state-owned enterprises, including power utility Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd. and South African Airways SOC Ltd., the newspaper said. The Department of Public Enterprises, which would need to approve the transaction, did not immediately respond to Bloomberg’s requests for comment.

Denel was among state entities bailed out this year to prevent a call on its government-guaranteed debt. This list includes South African Airways, the South African Post Office and the South African Broadcasting Corp. which all may require further intervention, the National Treasury said in its mid-term budget report.

Qatar’s Defense Minister Khalid Bin Mohammed Al-Attiyah is believed to have discussed the proposed acquisition with Zuma during a state visit earlier this month, the newspaper said.

A spokesman for the president denied the report. “There was no discussion of the issues” during the minister’s “courtesy call,” Bongani Ngqulunga, a spokesman for the president said in a text message.

Mayihlome Tshwete, a spokesman for National Treasury, says it isn’t aware of any such discussions. He said the treasury has spoken to the Department of Public Enterprises about the matter and the department denies the talks. link https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-26/safrica-s-zuma-in-talks-to-sell-most-of-denel-to-qatar-stimes

denel was not bailed out this year though. Some seems strange about this news artical. Seeing how denel is ll working to sell arms to iran.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2017
andrewza:

denel was not bailed out this year though. Some seems strange about this news artical. Seeing how denel is ll working to sell arms to iran.
Personally do you guys approve of this ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
andrewza:

i don't think UAE is going to willing accept Denel close cooperation with two of its foes ,iran and qatar. considering the deteriorating relationship between this countries
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2017
bidexiii:

Jeus....was there any survival..?
news article reported of serious injuries on those who were on-board,definitely any one who was in the rear was critically injured
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2017
newafricaken254:
so they never did any minor repairs and maintenance while in the combat zone,things that could easily be fixed!bring along components and parts !?or did even a flat tire require towing back to Namibia.did you cannibalise parts from other vehicles due to prolonged delay in getting parts !

Dude, how do you fighting without means to repair on the field? I don't know if you noticed, Casspirs, Buffels and Ratels always had extra wheels on them. The SADF almost wrote the doctrine on carrying extra wheels into battles. Vehicles like the Elands had run-flats. The Rooikat was designed not to ever ever need a service vehicle and didn't even need extra tires, it would still be operational even if it lost 25% of its wheels.

Remember this, the Border War was different from any conveniental war. Every operation taken had to be quick and it had to leave no trace back to South Africa. Add nothing on your operation that will slow you down in a country you shouldn't be in in the first place.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

UAE and saudi will not allow this deal to go through,they will come with a better deal than Qatar
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
Kenya army MD-500 light attack helicopter,provide security to current AMISOM force commander convoy.during his visit to Kenyan troops operating in sector ll,Somalia

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2017
off topic :People Liberation Army Marines conducted live fire training in Djibouti national range on 23 Nov.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

why would i care. Not like we are are a slave to america

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2017
26,000ft over Kenya US Air Force Special Ops C146 11-3016 MAGMA30

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2017
An officer of the Police of the United Nations (UNPOL) and a Mali policeman in during training on the shooting to the Forces of defence and security in Mali.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2017
newafricaken254:
off topic :People Liberation Army Marines conducted live fire training in Djibouti national range on 23 Nov.

**clearing throat**

Spacing done proper
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 6:56pm On Nov 26, 2017
Armscor is in the process of ordering a couple hundred of these for the SANDF.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
MINUSMA Operation Pegasus 2 northwest of Kidal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0iQmIo3ABo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2017
MINUSMA :One of the most complex and dangerous environments for UN peace keepers in mali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mO2v27xmCg
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
blue helmet Nigeria soldier on guard during a patrol of UNPOL at Tombouctou ,Mali

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
newafricaken254:
UAE and saudi will not allow this deal to go through,they will come with a better deal than Qatar
A better deal the Southies cannot turn down
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2017
andrewza:

why would i care. Not like we are are a slave to america
I asked for your personal opinion on SA Denel selling arms to Iran, undecided TF does America and slavery have to do with it ?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:31pm On Nov 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I asked did your personal opinion on SA Denel selling arms to Iran, undecided TF does America and slavery have to do with it ?
SA sells arms to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan etc.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
Some of us on the African continent sell weapons, some of us buy weapons. Can we just leave it at that and post pictures and videos. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 26, 2017
Frumentum:
Some of us on the African continent sell weapons, some of us buy weapons. Can we just leave it at that and post pictures and videos. cheesy cheesy cheesy

You don’t have to be a jackass about everything, I asked the guy an honest question with no ulterior motives.
Smh this thread is become shittier by day and I think everyone needs to take a chill pill or thread holiday.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 12:38am On Nov 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

A better deal the Southies cannot turn down

Why "cannot" turn down? As stated, others have tried purchasing Denel before & we said no. Government would rather pile more money in than sell the strategic parts of Denel.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 1:51am On Nov 27, 2017
Bots. I had completely forgotten the BDF had V-150s.

As I think I've mentioned on a previous occasion, I've been in one of these before. The hatch openings are some of the absolute widest I've seen of any wheeled armoured fighting vehicle in my life time. They are considerably wider than the hatch openings in a Ratel, for instance. The driver's position is also much, much more spacious as well.

Clearly built for big people in mind. grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 2:50am On Nov 27, 2017
Algerian1:

so from sudan take delivry of sukhoi 35 last week to Sudan is seeking to buy Russia's advanced Su-30 and Su-35 ! wink and still nothing sure at 100% , wait for the official contract with details , numbers , versions ! then we can talk

Mister, who told you I posted the Sudan weapons comment so I can talk with you? Whether Sudan buys su-35 or not, it's not my personal headache, I post what is available information reported by dozens of news media in a dozen countries. That is credible enough to be posted, especially when the president of Sudan himself has now confirmed it. The su-35 that landed in Sudan can be for evaluation flights inside Sudan's hot desert environment where the jets will serve if they are bought.

Nothing wrong in posting such news, all the hypocrites complaining have been posting more speculative no contract news than this one. Go back pages and see how many people on this thread post stories about aircraft, tanks, ships, drones, etc that a country is seeking to buy, and yet no contract signed. Who among all of you wait for 100% confirmation? What is more confirmed than Sudanese president himself talking to Russian president and a respected Russian government news media RIA announcing results of the meeting? You want Sudan to send you their weapons procurement contract papers by FEDEX courier to your bedroom to that you can believe? You think Sudan cares if you don't believe?

The South Africans yapping nonsense here about Sudan su-35 news are only jealous of a country they regard as inferior now getting air superiority over South Africa. Last time I checked, Sudan's president Omar Bashir humiliated South Africa to their face by shunning their president who does not have courage to challenge Omar Bashir even on South Africa's home soil when Bashir landed there.

For you, its about Morocco or Sudan must not buy jets superior to Algerian su-30, or S-300 missile that only Algeria has and wants nobody else to buy. Go settle your beef with Morocco, if I see news that Morocco wants to buy F-35 stealth jet, I will post it and you cannot stop me, Morocco is your enemy, but to me Morocco is a friend of Nigeria just like Algeria.

You have not pissed me off enough, so I stop short of calling you hypocrite like I called other people here when they display their hypocrisy. If you dont like my comment, just jump over it, but none of you should try dictating to me like dictator Mugabe Zimbabwe, telling me what to post and what not to post. The hypocrites of South Africa that posted snowfall for days on this forum are now telling me to stop posting Sudanese president's public announcement of weapons he asked Russian president to sell to Sudan.

If South African president Zuma announces RSA wants to buy rafale jets or AWACS and air refueling tankers for Gripen tomorrow, contract or no contract, the Southies will not wait for 100% proof of contract, they will post it here from today 2017 till they buy it 2020, they will say their president Zuma is a credible source, and nobody will tell them to stop posting.

To the hypocrites of this thread, my Sudan su-35 comment is derailment, but their snow fall discussion and all the many "OFF TOPIC EXCUSE ME IRRELEVANT PHOTOS" that they load and reload everyday on this thread, are not derailment. You guys are all hypocrites and I think this thread will end one day when some people want to challenge my freedom of speech to post my own comments on Nairaland. I assure you all, when you piss me off too much, this thread will be closed and locked by Nairaland owners.

I will post Sudan and Morocco as much as I like, nobody can stop me. I don't post for anybody to like, I post for anybody who wishes to read, so please go mind your own business.

Now listen up everybody, you must all get used to the arrival of SupremeCourt on this thread, because I am not leaving, not going away, I have come to stay. The earlier you get used me, the better for your blood pressure!

Let the mafia here go to hell, I dont care !!!! None of you guys own Nairaland, it's not your family property!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 27, 2017
After that sanitary pad advertisement by the man with multiple identities, we now return to our regular scheduling!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:16am On Nov 27, 2017
In other news, Miss South Africa crowned Miss Universe while we slept.. She beat all the other species from the intergalactic federation. It was a tough one grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 27, 2017
SupremeCourt:

Mister, who told you I posted the Sudan weapons comment so I can talk with you? Whether Sudan buys su-35 or not, it's not my personal headache, I post what is available information reported by dozens of news media in a dozen countries. That is credible enough to be posted, especially when the president of Sudan himself has now confirmed it. The su-35 that landed in Sudan can be for evaluation flights inside Sudan's hot desert environment where the jets will serve if they are bought.

Nothing wrong in posting such news, all the hypocrites complaining have been posting more speculative no contract news than this one. Go back pages and see how many people on this thread post stories about aircraft, tanks, ships, drones, etc that a country is seeking to buy, and yet no contract signed. Who among all of you wait for 100% confirmation? What is more confirmed than Sudanese president himself talking to Russian president and a respected Russian government news media RIA announcing results of the meeting? You want Sudan to send you their weapons procurement contract papers by FEDEX courier to your bedroom to that you can believe? You think Sudan cares if you don't believe?

The South Africans yapping nonsense here about Sudan su-35 news are only jealous of a country they regard as inferior now getting air superiority over South Africa. Last time I checked, Sudan's president Omar Bashir humiliated South Africa to their face by shunning their president who does not have courage to challenge Omar Bashir even on South Africa's home soil when Bashir landed there.

For you, its about Morocco or Sudan must not buy jets superior to Algerian su-30, or S-300 missile that only Algeria has and wants nobody else to buy. Go settle your beef with Morocco, if I see news that Morocco wants to buy F-35 stealth jet, I will post it and you cannot stop me, Morocco is your enemy, but to me Morocco is a friend of Nigeria just like Algeria.

You have not pissed me off enough, so I stop short of calling you hypocrite like I called other people here when they display their hypocrisy. If you dont like my comment, just jump over it, but none of you should try dictating to me like dictator Mugabe Zimbabwe, telling me what to post and what not to post. The hypocrites of South Africa that posted snowfall for days on this forum are now telling me to stop posting Sudanese president's public announcement of weapons he asked Russian president to sell to Sudan.

If South African president Zuma announces RSA wants to buy rafale jets or AWACS and air refueling tankers for Gripen tomorrow, contract or no contract, the Southies will not wait for 100% proof of contract, they will post it here from today 2017 till they buy it 2020, they will say their president Zuma is a credible source, and nobody will tell them to stop posting.

To the hypocrites of this thread, my Sudan su-35 comment is derailment, but their snow fall discussion and all the many "OFF TOPIC EXCUSE ME IRRELEVANT PHOTOS" that they load and reload everyday on this thread, are not derailment. You guys are all hypocrites and I think this thread will end one day when some people want to challenge my freedom of speech to post my own comments on Nairaland. I assure you all, when you piss me off too much, this thread will be closed and locked by Nairaland owners.

I will post Sudan and Morocco as much as I like, nobody can stop me. I don't post for anybody to like, I post for anybody who wishes to read, so please go mind your own business.

Now listen up everybody, you must all get used to the arrival of SupremeCourt on this thread, because I am not leaving, not going away, I have come to stay. The earlier you get used me, the better for your blood pressure!

Let the mafia here go to hell, I dont care !!!! None of you guys own Nairaland, it's not your family property!

well well from what should i start with this hudge text of emotions .

first, no one told you derail the thread when you post news about a possible contract but you derail the thread about your exaggerated excitement ! you were sure that the sudan had received the su 35 , it turned out that it was wrong! thats not the the problem , the problem is that you already spoke of sukhoi 35 bombing nigeria and all Africa ! and sudan become the first air superpower without knowing even the numbers versions that sudan will get , you show a big ignorance about how the Russian arms contract are done , and your fantasy world and virtual conflicts with your level of military knowledge just made me smile when I read your commentary as many here probably . yes the military section of nairaland is for fan boys and amators , poeple can share some fantasy , som wrong things , nationalism , humor , snow , high self esteem , low self esteem but there is a limit . we should try to keep a correct level .

For morocco my ennemy ? no one here share more info , positif pics about morocco than me . and because of my geographical situation, because i speek arabic french and my relations with the maroccans, I have more serious informations on the contracts with Morocco and even egypt and sudan. nothing to do with jealousy! when I say nothing serious about one of their contracts it is that the Maroccans say it themselves. and I always try to share the infos , opinions that i read on north africans forums web site here in nairaland . and only the serious and neutral info ,.

same for sudan, go on their forums and you will see that the sudanes themselves are not exited by this contract and say lets wait for confirmation , and How ridiculous is it to see in the Sudanese forums, skeptical Sudaneses , who say it is still a political maneuver of omar el bashir ( US sanctions , begging russian help , problem with egypt , yemen , saudis , Iran ect... a hudge headhache subject that i will not talk about here ) , some sudanis said that he will only buy sukhoi 30 in small numbers at best , others they needs economic development more than buying weapons and I find here on this forum an ethiopian or kenya or from another country , super excited ! , speaking of super sudanese air force bombing nigeria and whole africa with his imaginary sukhoi 35 without talking about lack of military knowledge and mistakes !

so if my advice to stay in serious opinions and serious sources bothers you this much and you can t bear the little gentle positif critisim i have made , I will pass my way when I read your comments in the futur wink

12 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 27, 2017
el mellah 938 , New Sailing school ship

it is on the way to Algeria spotted last time near Coruna spain !

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 27, 2017
U.S.G.N , Tunisian national gard special unit

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:35am On Nov 27, 2017
SupremeCourt:

READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE>>>
http://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2017/11/sudanese-air-force-acquires-sukhoi-su.html?m=1
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 27, 2017
HUMVEE Marine Armor Kit MAK (received from US Excess Defense Articles ) , Moroccan army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
Nigeria park rangers.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1530) (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) ... (2867) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.