Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,906 members, 7,876,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:23 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2082) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6052137 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) ... (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2020
Nigerian army 3rd generation VT-4 Tank.

Currently the most advanced Tank and ground combat vehicle in Sub-saharan Africa.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by blacKDalia: 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
Mrsgraceowolabi:
Buy your various attires include:Bags, Shoes, men wears, Ladies wears, children's wear, wrist watch, neck lace, spectacles, bangles, bed sheet etc @TpXCLUSIVES COLLECTIONS at its affordable prices you can contact us on 09017656054 /WhatsaApp +2348113439200 for more info...
Delivery terms apply:-
Payment on delivery in osun state.... Same day delivery...
Payment before delivery outside (same day or next day delivery)....
Worldwide delivery ��� @Tpxclusiveswears... #Thanks for patronizing us!!!!

Do you sell armored tanks like the one above your post?

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tobiloba2407: 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
kabe1:

Currently the most advanced Tank and ground combat vehicle in Sub-saharan Africa.

Let's see if we bought full option or basic ....I would love to see the APS, and remote weapon system .....and the hunter killer fcs, and night infrared driving capability for the driver.....I hope we bought full option.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:27am On Apr 30, 2020
Ken006:
https://www.defenceweb.co.za/featured/ghanaian-military-interested-in-equipment-from-indonesias-pt-pindad/
Your contributions from Ghana are highly appreciated. Please bring them in continually

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:45am On Apr 30, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Let's see if we bought full option or basic ....I would love to see the APS, and remote weapon system .....and the hunter killer fcs, and night infrared driving capability for the driver.....I hope we bought full option.

I heard we bought something similar to Thailand. Pakistan has the most advanced version.

The most important thing is numbers, how many did we actually get. A lot of sources say 35 units. 35 units is too small, we should look at a minimum number of 77 units.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2020
Nigerian army.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 7:18am On Apr 30, 2020
kabe1:

what about Angola's T90s?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:21am On Apr 30, 2020
Nigerian army offensive.

Nigerian (Maiduguri) made Armoured vehicles and T-72AV Tanks deployed.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:23am On Apr 30, 2020
MiddleDimension:
what about Angola's T90s?

The only country I know that has T-90 is Algeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:24am On Apr 30, 2020
Nigerian made Innoson gun trucks are also participating in the offensive.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:38am On Apr 30, 2020
Seems the americans are coming grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:51am On Apr 30, 2020
Stormtrooper11:
Seems the americans are coming grin
it's not to Nigeria but Niger...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:08am On Apr 30, 2020
GlobalEye surveillance aircraft.

This would be a very important system for the Nigerian Air Force. Although we currently have the ATR-70 which is currently undergoing deep upgrades in Germany and the King Air ISR, I think this system would give us more of an edge in surveillance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmg0b2vG6rY

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 9:11am On Apr 30, 2020
kabe1:

The US doesn't need to be on ground to know what we have in our bases, apart from the fact they can literally know where each aircraft is stationed in Nigerian bases with satellite imagery, they can very easily get Intel from the ground with having any physical presence.

I hope you followed wikileaks exposure of US government cables?

I agree with you. its not about intel. but the runway extension might be for the ability to land c5 galaxies with troops. don't you notice Nigeria is the only major country fighting terrorism without US presence. with IS having lost a lot of ground, in the middle east, the next hotspot might be the sahel.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:21am On Apr 30, 2020
Faithful007:
I agree with you. its not about intel. but the runway extension might be for the ability to land c5 galaxies with troops. don't you notice Nigeria is the only major country fighting terrorism without US presence. with IS having lost a lot of ground, in the middle east, the next hotspot might be the sahel.

I agree that the next hotspot on the global war on terror is the Sahel.

The fact about the matter is, Nigeria would never allow a foreign military base in the country.

The Nigerian president that would make the mistake of doing that would be impeached and imprisoned.

The United States already has a huge military presence in Africa, with permanent bases in Kenya, Djibouti and Niger. They can also use French bases in Chad, Ivory Coast and Mali.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:24am On Apr 30, 2020
kabe1:

I agree that the next hotspot on the global war on terror is the Sahel.

The fact about the matter is, Nigeria would never allow a foreign military base in the country.

The Nigerian president that would make the mistake of doing that would be impeached and imprisoned.

The United States already has a huge military presence in Africa, with permanent bases in Kenya, Djibouti and Niger. They can also use French bases in Chad, Ivory Coast and Mali.
thank u...
Nigeria will not allow any foreign military base...
From what I've read some of the Tucano will be deployed to Niger one of our AFB we are setting up there....
Two alpha jets are already there

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:27am On Apr 30, 2020
Toju200:
thank u...
Nigeria will not allow any foreign military base...
From what I've read some of the Tucano will be deployed to Niger one of our AFB we are setting up there....
Two alpha jets are already there

Kainji is Nigeria's main training base. Alpha jets are based there. That's also were most of the Alpha Jet upgrades and reactivations are done.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:32am On Apr 30, 2020
South-African army armour.

These vehicles were built to be used in the Border war during the time of Apartheid, but when they were finally introduced the war had ended.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 9:34am On Apr 30, 2020
America and select countries have always been able to suss out intelligence on places where possible. North Korea, Iran are examples, where clandestine constructions, or even missile silos have been discovered.

Even little Israel is able to track and strike the Syrian regime repeatedly before on their way or trying transfer heavy hardwares to terror groups like Hezbollah.

Heck, these guys have satellite in space whose capabilities are classified. They may as well have stealth assets flying over us.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:34am On Apr 30, 2020
kabe1:

is his part of the remaining consignment ,how many really did MOD acquire?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:36am On Apr 30, 2020
South-African Special Forces.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:37am On Apr 30, 2020

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:37am On Apr 30, 2020
giles14:
is his part of the remaining consignment ,how many really did MOD acquire?

This is from the initial consignment.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:44am On Apr 30, 2020
kabe1:

Kainji is Nigeria's main training base. Alpha jets are based there. That's also were most of the Alpha Jet upgrades and reactivations are done.
i meant Our AFB we are setting up in Niger republic...
We have Two Alpha jet Stationed there currently...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:47am On Apr 30, 2020
Toju200:
i meant Our AFB we are setting up in Niger republic...
We have Two Alpha jet Stationed there currently...

I don't think we have an AFB there. Our planes operate from there under the auspices of the MNJTF.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:50am On Apr 30, 2020
kabe1:

I don't think we have an AFB there. Our planes operate from there under the auspices of the MNJTF.
their Cheif Of Defense staff pleaded with our CAS to operate from Niger...
I know it's under MNJTF...
But NAF is planning to have an overseas base in Niger..
NAF alpha jet has been operating from Niger since our Mali deployment

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 9:51am On Apr 30, 2020
Guys, significant kinetic action by NA units in Northern Borneo over the past few days.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Google_12point7/status/1255620324189708288

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 9:54am On Apr 30, 2020
RM-70 MLRS in action. Part of the wider offensive action. Back blast causes fire
https://mobile.twitter.com/oil_shaeikh/status/1255114748087218177

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:58am On Apr 30, 2020
shadowprimezero:
Guys, significant kinetic action by NA units in Northern Borneo over the past few days.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Google_12point7/status/1255620324189708288

"Every Operation was a hit back to back! Like stew wey get goat meat."

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:35am On Apr 30, 2020
South-Africa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) ... (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.