Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,832 members, 7,876,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6051024 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2095) (2096) (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) ... (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 08, 2020
nemesis8u:

More grease to ur elbow jare ! wink

But in the hindsight it's best to realise that knowledge is a 2 way street grin

I agree... You see, I am not trying to mess Egypt but many people don't understand some things.
The moral of this story is that - rankings mean nothing in actual war. I am not against Egypt, I love them but there are so many ignorant comments online. I have had to shut down people on Quora for this same issue.
Ethiopia was never colonized. They fought off invaders. Yet people come here and tell us that losers of war are no 1. Smh

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 08, 2020
Poisoning any water bodies like river is considered a crime against humanity.

Using chemical / biological weapons to do the same will definitely attract a couple of nukes in the ass of whoever attempts to do so .

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 08, 2020
Fineman87:

I agree... You see, I am not trying to mess Egypt but many people don't understand some things.
The moral of this story is that - rankings mean nothing in actual war. I am not against Egypt, I love them but there are so many ignorant comments online. I have had to shut down people on Quora for this same issue.
Ethiopia was never colonized. They fought off invaders. Yet people come here and tell us that losers of war are no 1. Smh

Ok if you don't believe rankings etc.

Neither do I

But nevertheless one must be pragmatic

Say if I attack you with 100 apache attack helicopters

And u defend along with 100 of ur comrades armed with only ak47

Who has the highest probability to win ?

War is complicated , modern wars are no longer fought on bravery alone . Bravery won't last long before overwhelming technology . It will be a foolish death.

But ur choice wink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by S400: 7:53pm On May 08, 2020
nemesis8u:

Using chemical / biological weapons to do the same will definitely attract a couple of nukes in the ass of whoever attempts to do so .

dont waste your time with this cartoon scenario , nemesis wink

its usual troll season on this thread ...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 08, 2020
nemesis8u:

I didn't say the Nile should be poisoned. I only stressed the point that Egypt has weaknesses.

Apart from water, all North African countries are plain desert which is vulnerable to military airstrikes and artillery bombardments. There are few natural obstacles or jungles to hide and attack, do their terrain is not favourable in war. That is the reason French Rafael jets easily pounded Ghadafi out of office.

Those north African countries have a natural disadvantage in desert terrain, hence they are vulnerable and can't really be considered powerful.

We are all learning abeg o.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 08, 2020
nemesis8u:

Ok if you don't believe rankings etc.

Neither do I

But nevertheless one must be pragmatic

Say if I attack you with 100 apache attack helicopters

And u defend along with 100 of ur comrades armed with only ak47

Who has the highest probability to win ?

War is complicated , modern wars are no longer fought on bravery alone . Bravery won't last long before overwhelming technology . It will be a foolish death.

But ur choice wink

Correct guy, which army would attack a gunship with AK 47?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 08, 2020
S400:

You should show appreciation for the learning session. Humility is a virtue.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 08, 2020
S400:

I don't consider it cartoon scenario perse grin

Humans r inherently foolish , they will do things which they r least expected to do grin

And to be fair , his idea is sort of original , it's kind of refreshing . Admit it, u urself was little dazzled by the idea cheesy cheesy cheesy

And unrelated in a eerie kind of way the next war in certain parts of the world is going to be on water.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 08, 2020
Fineman87:

Correct guy, which army would attack a gunship with AK 47?

The army which does not have the necessary weapons to engage a aerial threat like apache grin

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 08, 2020
nemesis8u:

The army which does not have the necessary weapons to engage a aerial threat like apache grin

Oh, an army that can't engage an Apache gunship should be disbanded asap.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 08, 2020
Fineman87:

I didn't say the Nile should be poisoned. I only stressed the point that Egypt has weaknesses.

Apart from water, all North African countries are plain desert which is vulnerable to military airstrikes and artillery bombardments. There are few natural obstacles or jungles to hide and attack, do their terrain is not favourable in war. That is the reason French Rafael jets easily pounded Ghadafi out of office.

Those north African countries have a natural disadvantage in desert terrain, hence they are vulnerable and can't really be considered powerful.

We are all learning abeg o.

Terrain is definitely one of the deciding factor in a war .

Deserts also have their advantages along with the disadvantages.

People who live in deserts r more adapt to the conditions of the desert aren't they ?

So the army of a country , which needs to operate in deserts will have the natural competence to utilise the desert conditions to their advantage isn't it ?

Probability will be high isn't it ?

Between peers the advantage always lies with the defender . Home conditions always favors the defending side.

If a technologically superior force like America / Russia decides to attack then that home advantage is reduced significantly.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 08, 2020
Fineman87:

Oh, an army that can't engage an Apache gunship should be disbanded asap.

Eh ? grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:23pm On May 08, 2020
NigAirForce has, today, cleared 2 new C-130H aircraft Captains - Flt Lts Owoeye & Nwadozie. Also, a female pilot, Fg Offr Ijelu, has become the 1st female NAF Captain on the King Air 350i used for ISR.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 08, 2020
nemesis8u:

Terrain is definitely one of the deciding factor .

Deserts also have their advantages along with the disadvantages.

People who live in deserts r more adapt to the conditions of the desert aren't they ?

So the army of a country , which needs to operate in deserts will have the natural competence to utilise the desert conditions to their advantage isn't it ?

Probability will be high isn't it ?

Between peers the advantage always lies with the defender . Home conditions always favors the defending side.

If a technologically superior force like America / Russia decides to attack then that home advantage is reduced significantly.

Right.

And if we put plain desert vs jungle terrain side by side, I would prefer to fight in the jungle lol. You know, the Vietnamese used it to demolish the Americans in the Vietnam war. The American jets and gunships were useless in the thick jungles, thus limiting the cover for their infantry troops, who were slaughtered in the jungles.

In the era of strike jets, gunships, long range artillery, etc the terrain and natural obstacles would be saviour in wars.

The desert terrain is the reason US has had free hand in Iraq, Afghan, and other desert nation's and France in libya, while they failed in Vietnam. So in any war, the north African side is vulnerable to massive open bombings.

Case closed cool

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:29pm On May 08, 2020
Fineman87:

There is nothing to start, the stats are clear. The link is there, educate yourself.

War is not about shinny weapons. Your enemies are not stupid, they would make plans to counter your shinny weapons.

Africans should wake up. Wd dont need foreigners to teach us our history. I have stated facts here that has yet to be countered.

Forget foreign rankings and shiny weapons. War is a different ball game.
war isn't all about shinny armour but tactical and Strategy...
But how will u be able to execute it if you don't have the right tools

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:32pm On May 08, 2020
kabe1:
NigAirForce has, today, cleared 2 new C-130H aircraft Captains - Flt Lts Owoeye & Nwadozie. Also, a female pilot, Fg Offr Ijelu, has become the 1st female NAF Captain on the King Air 350i used for ISR.
she is the first and has been been flying missions for NAF Since...
She's hmm.. awesome

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 08, 2020
Fineman87:

Case closed cool

Ok

It seems u r the prosecutor , the defendant , the judge combined grin grin grin

Bye

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 08, 2020
Fineman87:

There is nothing to start, the stats are clear. The link is there, educate yourself.

War is not about shinny weapons. Your enemies are not stupid, they would make plans to counter your shinny weapons.

Africans should wake up. Wd dont need foreigners to teach us our history. I have stated facts here that has yet to be countered.

Forget foreign rankings and shiny weapons. War is a different ball game.
cool story wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by S400: 8:48pm On May 08, 2020
nemesis8u:

I don't consider it cartoon scenario perse grin

Humans r inherently foolish , they will do things which they r least expected to do grin

And to be fair , his idea is sort of original , it's kind of refreshing . Admit it, u urself was little dazzled by the idea cheesy cheesy cheesy

And unrelated in a eerie kind of way the next war in certain parts of the world is going to be on water.

and you will poison the nile river with what ? 2 830 m³/s of water debit ? what quantity of poison you will need ? from where launch the poison ? how many thons of chemical products and industrial waste is discharged into this river every year ? and will you poison all countries in the way of egypt ? and how many days your poison will stay in the river before been rejected in the méditeranean sea ? will you poison also mediteranean sea ? and even if it is possible to poison a hudge river like the nile for three months continuously , what will you repercussion will you face after ? and how will you stop egyptian army with soudan and all countries harmed in the way to burn you with international approval? common even in cartoons its impossible such scenario , dont wast your time with trolls who think they can stop rafales air strikes with ak47 and men balls grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 08, 2020
S400:

and you will poison the nile river with what ? 2 830 m³/s of water debit ? what quantity of poison you will need ? from where launch the poison ? how many thons of chemical products and industrial waste is discharged into this river every year ? and will you poison all countries in the way of egypt ? and how many days your poison will stay in the river before been rejected in the méditeranean sea ? will you poison also mediteranean sea ? and even if it is possible to poison a hudge river like the nile for three months continuously , what will you repercussion will you face after ? and how will you stop egyptian army with soudan and all countries harmed in the way to burn you with international approval? common even in cartoons its impossible such scenario

Ur 100% correct

Not possibly obviously through conventional means nor feasible practically ( reasons which u , urself provided ), unless biological weapons r used which will invite nukes in the ass of whoever is foolish enough to try it grin

It's a idea which is suicidal but nevertheless interesting for the sake of it wink

Interestingly
In the Soviet time using a massive hydrogen bomb to cause tsunamis inorder to destroy coastal cities was considered impractical , but it seems the very same idea has now found favour with Russia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:02pm On May 08, 2020
nemesis8u collect one bottle, give jil15 too for his Patience.

my hand has been itching me seriously to tell one nuisance here to shut up and stop embarrassing his ancestry.

but let me stick to my vow of silence and hold my peace.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 08, 2020
S400:

and you will poison the nile river with what ? 2 830 m³/s of water debit ? what quantity of poison you will need ? from where launch the poison ? how many thons of chemical products and industrial waste is discharged into this river every year ? and will you poison all countries in the way of egypt ? and how many days your poison will stay in the river before been rejected in the méditeranean sea ? will you poison also mediteranean sea ? and even if it is possible to poison a hudge river like the nile for three months continuously , what will you repercussion will you face after ? and how will you stop egyptian army with soudan and all countries harmed in the way to burn you with international approval? common even in cartoons its impossible such scenario , dont wast your time with trolls who think they can stop rafales air strikes with ak47 and men balls grin

Go and learn Envoronmental Science 513.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 08, 2020
lionel4power:
nemesis8u collect one bottle, give jil15 too for his Patience.

my hand has been itching me seriously to tell one nuisance here to shut up and stop embarrassing his ancestry.

but let me stick to my vow of silence and hold my peace.

I will keep both the bottles with myself grin

How u doing , long time no see

Abroad ?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:08pm On May 08, 2020
nemesis8u:

I will keep both the bottles with myself grin
How u doing , long time no see
Abroad ?
my brother, we're surviving the lockdown.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 08, 2020
lionel4power:

my brother, we're surviving the lockdown.

Stay safe

And it goes for everyone

Corona virus is not to be taken lightly

Forget lungs it's affecting blood cells too

Guy got tranfused with 8 bags of blood , yet he could not survive

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:14pm On May 08, 2020
marvin906:

dude with the right procurement and seriousness of the NA we can achieve Egypt status buh Ethiopia and Zimbabwe dude
SA, Tunisia even morroco still exists even Libya is a force to reckon with than Ethiopia and Zimbabwe
buh I agree than foreigners shouldn't be the ones ranking our military

No offence bro, but this is nonsense.

This has nothing to do with the right procurement, or seriousness as you claim.

We can never have a military as big as Egypt, it's not just a question of money.

However, on finance, Egypt spends way more than Nigeria on defence. Saudi Arabia and the UAE also spend billions of dollars on the Egyptian military.

The US also sends to Egypt 1.3 billion dollars each year for their military.

Egypt is also in a geopolitical environment that demands they have a very large military.

Nigeria can maybe aspire to have a military comparable to Morocco. Algeria is just way too far ahead of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 08, 2020
S400:

The problem is you want to be spoon fed or convinced. But am under no obligation go do either.

Now to use water to military advantage, you need to undetstand the water supply system of that country and obviously Intel guys would have done that.

For a nation like Egypt that has one natural source of water, Egypt draws many canals from the nile, which go on to wet farms and provide irrigation to crops. Those canals are non-refreshing and exit on crops and lands and taps of homes. And they are the targets.

Because they are one-way, the contaminated water ends on poisoning crops, animals and humans. And new water enters the canals from the nile.

Obviously this is extreme but is still a military strstegy. The Germans have once used it against France. Please educate yourself below

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well_poisoning

And the military don't need tons of chemicals to do that. The military world has sufficient military grade poisons to use chemically and biologically. High concentration of small quantity of chemicals will get the job done.

And you should acknowledge when you learn sonething new cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:21pm On May 08, 2020
Fineman87:

The problem is you want to be spoon fed or convinced. But am under no obligation go do either.

Now to use water to military advantage, you need to undetstand the water supply system of that country and obviously Intel guys would have done that.

For a nation like Egypt that has one natural source of water, Egypt draws many canals from the nile, which go on to wet farms and provide irrigation to crops. Those canals are non-refreshing and exit on crops and lands and taps of homes. And they are the targets.

Because they are one-way, the contaminated water ends on poisoning crops, animals and humans. And new water enters the canals from the nile.

Obviously this is extreme but is still a military strstegy. The Germans have once used it against France. Please educate yourself below

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well_poisoning

And the military don't need tons of chemicals to do that. The military world has sufficient military grade poisons to use chemically and biologically. High concentration of small quantity of chemicals will get the job done.

And you should acknowledge when you learn sonething new cool

The thing that is paining me is that you don't even know what you're saying grin

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 08, 2020
Toju200:
The thing that is paining me is that you don't even know what you're saying grin

Guy, find your level abeg.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 08, 2020
tongue my hand has been itching me seriously to tell one nuisance here to shut up and stop embarrassing his ancestry undecided

Obviously, the military defeats were evidenced, the desert terrain was substantiated with examples, and now the well poisoning has been evidenced.

I dont know why some people resort to name calling. We are learning.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:37pm On May 08, 2020
Fineman87:
tongue my hand has been itching me seriously to tell one nuisance here to shut up and stop embarrassing his ancestry undecided

Obviously, the military defeats were evidenced, the desert terrain was substantiated with examples, and now the well poisoning has been evidenced.

I dont know why some people resort to name calling. We are learning.
we're all learning but not u you're acting as if u know all.
You don't ever admit you're wrong...
That's your problem.
Mr Teacher

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 9:38pm On May 08, 2020
kabe1:

No offence bro, but this is nonsense.

This has nothing to do with the right procurement, or seriousness as you claim.

We can never have a military as big as Egypt, it's not just a question of money.

However, on finance, Egypt spends way more than Nigeria on defence. Saudi Arabia and the UAE also spend billions of dollars on the Egyptian military.

The US also sends to Egypt 1.3 billion dollars each year for their military.

Egypt is also in a geopolitical environment that demands they have a very large military.

Nigeria can maybe aspire to have a military comparable to Morocco. Algeria is just way too far ahead of Nigeria.

everything still falls down to one single thing money that's the major difference between Egypt and other African nation's plus other factors..
if Nigeria had access to the type of fund's Egypt has then it's very possible not easy will take year's but possible..
if you say Nigeria can aspire to have a military like morroco then having a military like Algeria isn't far fetched it just gonna take time..
NA has that potential

(1) (2) (3) ... (2095) (2096) (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) ... (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.