Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,878 members, 7,876,344 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:18 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6051319 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) (2105) (2106) (2107) ... (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 10, 2020
kabe1:
Badger IFV

The South-African army plans to buy 200+ units.
Already bought wink 244 units
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 5:36pm On May 10, 2020
jln115:
Already bought wink 244 units
impressive

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 10, 2020
Toju200:
impressive
would be if only Denel was able to deliver on time
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 5:44pm On May 10, 2020
jln115:
would be if only Denel was able to deliver on time
what's the current situation of Denel now..
You mean they've not delivered the vehicles yet..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:44pm On May 10, 2020
Fineman87:

Kabe1 was right. And their "woman prime minister was right" too.

Look at the map and see where New Zealand is, they don't need fighter jets. Australia is a sister nation and is never a threat.

Other countries would need aircraft carriers to send fighter jets to New Zealand and sustain the fighter jets. So, threat assessment means NZ does not need fighter jets. SAM are sufficient.

G-A-S-P-P-P!? Entrust sovereign responsibility of national self defence to another nation?
Ok!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 6:34pm On May 10, 2020
kabe1:
Nigerian soldiers standing on top of a Nigerian made ARA MRAP from Proforce in the frontlines.
The Nigerian camo pattern looks good in combat uniforms but not so good on vehicles. they should just plain colour the vehicles.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:02pm On May 10, 2020
S400:

algerian army developped a loccaly made mobile mortar system with the 120 mm W86 mortar , deployable and retractable with a hydraulic system on a modified Mercedes G-Class .

This is exactly what I was talking about. Yet one ignoramus referring to himself as @salavator was ranting here like a dog infected with rabbies.

This is what Proforce should develop.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by S400: 7:42pm On May 10, 2020
C28A Class Heavy Corvette launching the C-802A anti-ship cruise missile with range of 190 km , algerian navy

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by S400: 7:45pm On May 10, 2020
MI 24 MK III Super Hind , algerian af

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by S400: 8:38pm On May 10, 2020
kilo 636 M

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by S400: 8:46pm On May 10, 2020
Kelaat beni abbes LPD , algerian navy

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 9:38pm On May 10, 2020
kabe1:
Nigerian army Sniper armed with an Orsis T-2000 sniper rifle with a thermal scope and silencer attached.

Beauty.
Hope azubuike is taking note

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 10, 2020
S400:
Kelaat beni abbes LPD , algerian navy
Algerian navy are just too blessed

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:13pm On May 10, 2020
youghs:

I can sight 3 ezugwu mrap at the background

You have good eyes, I'm only noticing it now.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patented: 10:31pm On May 10, 2020
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 10, 2020
Toju200:
what's the current situation of Denel now..
You mean they've not delivered the vehicles yet..
production is delayed by 2 years... The army shouldve gotten the first batch last year already however they are only receiving it next year with deliveries being completed in 2023
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Texman21: 11:19pm On May 10, 2020

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:55am On May 11, 2020
Didn't want to interfere in the discussion , but anyways for those r interested

Missiles generally cannot be fitted within hours in a ship even if one's ass is on fire .

Only exception is if the ship is fitted for the said missiles but not installed to keep operational costs down or concerned weapons r not available due to some reasons.

That is the infrastructure is already in place in the ship to allow the concerned missile to be installed quickly if required.

The connectors are already there , the decks r already reinforced , the plume management is already catered to , the FCS is already installed , systems for either onboard sensors or offboard sensors r ready provide feed to the FCS and the missile etc etc

Even this will require days , as every thing will need to be tested as per SOP. This is not a plug and play system. There r 1000 of things that can go wrong and will end up blowing up own ship lol for all the haste .

What's the point on installing a missile on a ship if the ship does not have systems to locate and identify targets. Except for targets within visual range. Even with ordinary radars , range of detection is limited by the radar horizon to less than 40km.

Even if offboard sensors are used like helicopters or MPA, how will the target data be transferred and feed into the missile if no FCS which is compliant with the missile in question is present.

In the absence of sensors one can also fire the missile in a " mad dog " mode but 99% of time it will be a waste

And also if the missile system and related FCS is indigenous that one can possibly install the same within few days if there is emergency. With foreign missile systems forget it . One can try but that's a risk one will have to live with.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Texman21: 12:59am On May 11, 2020
nemesis8u:

Missiles generally cannot be fitted within hours in a ship even if one's ass is on fire .

Only exception is if the ship is fitted for the said missiles but not installed to keep operational costs down or concerned weapons r not available due to some reasons.

That is the infrastructure is already in place in the ship to allow the concerned missile to be installed quickly if required.

The connectors are already there , the decks r already reinforced , the plume management is already catered to , the FCS is already installed , systems for either onboard sensors or offboard sensors r ready provide feed to the FCS and the missile etc etc

Even this will require days , as every thing will need to be tested as per SOP. This is not a plug and play system. There r 1000 of things that can go wrong and will end up blowing up own ship lol for all the haste .

What's the point on installing a missile on a ship if the ship does not have systems to locate and identify targets. Except for targets within visual range.

Even if offboard sensors are used like helicopters , how will the target data be transferred and feed into the missile if no FCS which is compliant with the missile in question is present.

And most importantly if the missile system and related FCS is indigenous that one can possibly install the same within few days if there is emergency. With foreign missile systems forget it . One can try but that's a risk one will have to live with.

nemesis the guy that eat weapons meant taste grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:05am On May 11, 2020
nemesis8u:

What's the point on installing a missile on a ship if the ship does not have systems to locate and identify targets. Except for targets within visual range.

Even if offboard sensors are used like helicopters , how will the target data be transferred and feed into the missile if no FCS which is compliant with the missile in question is present.

And most importantly if the missile system and related FCS is indigenous that one can possibly install the same within few days if there is emergency. With foreign missile systems forget it . One can try but that's a risk one will have to live with.

You are right. Even warships cannot be built in 150 days because of bla bla bla. Your answer is the Liberty class. Smh.

This matter is closed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:14am On May 11, 2020
nemesis8u:

What's the point on installing a missile on a ship if the ship does not have systems to locate and identify targets. Except for targets within visual range. Even with ordinary radars , range of detection is limited by the radar horizon to less than 40km.

Even if offboard sensors are used like helicopters or MPA, how will the target data be transferred and feed into the missile if no FCS which is compliant with the missile in question is present.

In the absence of sensors one can also fire the missile in a " mad dog " mode but 99% of time it will be a waste

And also if the missile system and related FCS is indigenous that one can possibly install the same within few days if there is emergency. With foreign missile systems forget it . One can try but that's a risk one will have to live with.

Why say what you know nothing about? How long does this take?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:17am On May 11, 2020
Fineman87:

You are right. Even warships cannot be built in 150 days because of bla bla bla. Your answer is the Liberty class. Smh.

This matter is closed.

One must not play a game if one does not have a sporting spirit.

What has building ships in 150 days got to do here

I did not quote ur post nor tried to put ur opinion down

If anybody is right or wrong is not my concern , that the readers will decide. Either way none of my business

I simply gave my opinion as per my knowledge , same as u .

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:20am On May 11, 2020
nemesis8u:

One must not play a game if one does not have a sporting spirit.

What has building ships in 150 days got to do here

I did not quote ur post nor tried to put ur opinion down

If anybody is right or wrong is not my concern , that the readers will decide. Either way none of my business

I simply gave my opinion as per my knowledge , same as u .

Use the pics above for your answer. Ship Missiles come packaged in launchers. And ships do not need reinforcements to mount them. The pic below shows a fitted missile. It did not take 2 years.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:32am On May 11, 2020
Navy ships already have radars. Radars track the targets. Target coordinates can be input manually into the missile systems. I repeat, manually. And missiles fired. I refer to "fire and forget" missiles.
Missile integration with ship systems is good but not compulstory, in adverse conditions. Wake up.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:44am On May 11, 2020
Fineman87:

Use the pics above for your answer. Ship Missiles come packaged in launchers. And ships do not need reinforcements to mount them.

Baba I have no problem if you believe any missile can be integrated on any ship in a matter of hours for which no prior integration work / study has been done.

For the last time I will answer u on this topic

That is a US hydrofoil based cutter , now retired.

Prior to the installation of harpoon launchers , extensive studies was done to ensure viability of the launchers interms of aerodynamic interaction with the airflow around the high speed craft and to ensure safe ejection and launch of the missiles. Also to determine the safe launch parameters like speed of boat , sea state , cross wind speed etc within which to launch the harpoon missile safely.

And thus the harpoon launchers are validated for the said boat . Necessary FCS are also present / tested with the said boat.

So if any said boat does not have the launchers / FCS installed ,it can be installed with a day or so because the boat is fitted for the same ( missile / FCS etc already validated for the boat )

I am now out of the discussion forever

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:50am On May 11, 2020
nemesis8u:

Baba I have no problem if you believe any missile can be integrated on any ship in a matter of hours for which no prior integration work / study has been done.

Prior to the installation of harpoon launchers , extensive studies was done to ensure viability of the launchers interms of aerodynamic interaction with the airflow around the high speed craft and to ensure safe ejection and launch of the missiles. Also to determine the safe launch parameters like speed of boat , sea state , cross wind speed etc within which to launch the harpoon missile safely.

And thus the harpoon launchers are validated for the said boat . Necessary FCS are also present / tested with the said boat.

So if any said boat does not have the launchers / FCS installed ,it can be installed with a day or so because the boat is fitted for the same ( missile / FCS etc already validated for the boat )

Now abeg I go

Your problem is "lack of comprehension". I said- the missiles DO NOT need integration. Integration with ships systems is Good but is not Compulstory. Get that in your head. Integration is not a condition to fire.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:53am On May 11, 2020
nemesis8u:

Extensive studies and validation as done by US is good. That is normal due diligence and work procedure. That does not mean missiles won't fire without those studies. In adverse conditions, you don't have such time. Good luck.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:23am On May 11, 2020
Do you need "system integration" to fire this missile.

How does this anti-tank missile differ from the anti-ship missile?

The only difference is the platform. One missile is carried by a soldier, the other is carried on a ship. That is the difference between the two.

So, why don't you need much integration for the anti-tank missile?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Texman21: 2:45am On May 11, 2020
Fineman87:

The guy that bleeps pussy meant his mother cool

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:50am On May 11, 2020
[quote author=Texman21 post=89414865][/quote]

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by S400: 4:18am On May 11, 2020
nemesis8u:

Again nemesis don't waste your time , the guy think if a big navy is attacking nigeria , he can put a harpoon of $ 1,2 million $ per missile, on any fishing boat, just he fixes the launcher with 4 bolts in 2 hours and enter the gps coordinates manually like the gps of his car .

all navies that waste millions dollars on upgrading there missiles and ship systems in foreigners shipyards for months are just stupid cheesy , its not the first troll on this thread and not the last so just ignore his funny theories and don't lower your level

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) (2105) (2106) (2107) ... (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 49 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.