Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,387 members, 7,874,586 topics. Date: Friday, 28 June 2024 at 01:00 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6048848 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 7:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
kabe1:

Egypt has the strongest military in Africa, followed by Algeria then Morocco.

After these 3, you have regional powers, Nigeria in west-africa, South-Africa in the Southern region and Ethiopia in the East African region.
Seconded.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 20, 2020
kabe1:

Egypt has the strongest military in Africa, followed by Algeria then Morocco.

After these 3, you have regional powers, Nigeria in west-africa, South-Africa in the Southern region and Ethiopia in the East African region.
debatable.... But OK wink for the sake of peace I'll leave it at that
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by topgun98: 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
jln115:
debatable.... But OK wink for the sake of peace I'll leave it at that
What exactly is debatable about it? I think it's a rather well rounded opinion.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
topgun98:

What exactly is debatable about it? I think it's a rather well rounded opinion.
Lets just say I agree to disagree....not so much with Egypt or Algeria but definitely with Morocco at 3....

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nigerian made Tsaigumi UAV

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by FieldMarshall06(m): 1:24am On Oct 21, 2020
Nigeria has the strongest military in Africa. The Second is Ethiopia. Nigeria is a regional power and hegemon. Hegemon covers Africa, not just West Africa.

History and facts support it. Not shiny weapons in open desert terrain. ... and we have been through this topic in the past. I remember it was with this topic that I joined this thread. And I raised issues about Egypt, including their over 15 defeats in war, their dependence on the Nile river, whose dam now threatens their very existence. As always, insults flowed back then.

Pease, no point debating it afresh. This is based on established facts, not shiny weapons.

Don't bother to argue,,, lets agree to disagree.

Nigeria & Ethiopia are the dominant military powers on the continent and are the two most populous black countries, both still undefeated in war. No North African country can defeat Ethiopia, let alone Nigeria.

Disappears.....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:49am On Oct 21, 2020
FieldMarshall06:
Nigeria has the strongest military in Africa. The Second is Ethiopia. Nigeria is a regional power and hegemon. Hegemon covers Africa, not just West Africa.

History and facts support it. Not shiny weapons in open desert terrain. ... and we have been through this topic in the past. I remember it was with this topic that I joined this thread. And I raised issues about Egypt, including their over 15 defeats in war, their dependence on the Nile river, whose dam now threatens their very existence. As always, insults flowed back then.

Pease, no point debating it afresh. This is based on established facts, not shiny weapons.

Nigeria & Ethiopia are the dominant military powers on the continent and are the two most populous black countries, both still undefeated in war. No North African country can defeat Ethiopia, let alone Nigeria.

Disappears.....
kabe1.... See... Told you, that your list was wrong grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 21, 2020
shayyverr:
New to this thread. Just wanna ask who has the strongest military in Africa

one can only compare the armies precisely by their inventories and equipments quality and quantity , number of troops .

and when we list the inventories of the different armies. the Egyptian army is number 1 by far

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DictatorZAR1: 5:23pm On Oct 21, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

V
Disappears.....
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
FPB-98 OCEA Small Fast Patrol Boat . algerian navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2020
FREMM Mohammed VI Frigate moroccan navy

142 m , 6000 tons . ( 76mm OTO-Melara , 8 MBDA Exocet ASM , 16 MBDA ASTER air defense missiles , 4 launchers for MU90 Impact torpedos with 19 torpedos on board) . no scalp missile . cost 470 millions euro (2013 contract)

last pic on HD here : https://i.imgur.com/ngLHjyn.jpg to check equipments

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:31pm On Oct 21, 2020
chkil1:

142 m , 6000 tons . ( 76mm OTO-Melara , 8 MBDA Exocet ASM , 16 MBDA ASTER air defense missiles , 4 launchers for MU90 Impact torpedos with 19 torpedos on board) . no scalp missile . cost 470 millions euro in 2013

How many do they have?

What's the equipment compliment of the Moroccan navy?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 21, 2020
kabe1:

How many do they have?

What's the equipment compliment of the Moroccan navy?

they have only one FREMM class frigate .

for moroccan navy they have in service :

6 frigates : (1 FREMM , 3 sigma , 2 Floreal )
1 Corvette ; Descubierta class
many patrollers ( 1 Classe Lazaga , 2 PR-72, 6 B-200D LV , 4 Osprey MK II , 5 OPV64 , 1 OPV70 , 6 P-32 )
4 Amphibious ships , and 1 BHO2M Hydrographic and oceanographic boat.
+ other small ships
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2020
chkil1:

they have only one FREMM class frigate .

for moroccan navy they have in service :

6 frigates : (1 FREMM , 3 sigma , 2 Floreal )
1 Corvette ; Descubierta class
many patrollers ( 1 Classe Lazaga , 2 PR-72, 6 B-200D LV , 4 Osprey MK II , 5 OPV64 , 1 OPV70 , 6 P-32 )
4 Amphibious ships , and 1 BHO2M Hydrographic and oceanographic boat.
+ other small ships

7 fighting ships...... Not bad!!!

No submarine?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2020
kabe1:

7 fighting ships...... Not bad!!!

No submarine?

no submarines , we hear about negociations each time from years but nothing official , maybe spain is putting its VETO for european exporters

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
chkil1:

no submarines , we hear about negociations each time from years but nothing official , maybe spain is putting its VETO for european exporters

Thanks for the post. Well, I don't think it's a VETO problem, they could get Chinese subs. I think it's more of a strategy issue.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 8:49pm On Oct 21, 2020
chkil1:
FPB-98 OCEA Small Fast Patrol Boat . algerian navy
Hi! How does this compare with the Shaldag class please?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2020
PIRIOU Group shipyard today held a steel cutting ceremony for the 1st of 3 Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPV) for the Senegalese Navy. They will be fitted with missile systems by MBDA
which will be a new capability for Senegal.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:56pm On Oct 21, 2020
Longer video showing Nigerian army VT4 Tanks, and ST-1 Light Tanks in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elIagDh4rcQ

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 11:07pm On Oct 21, 2020
kabe1:
PIRIOU Group shipyard today held a steel cutting ceremony for the 1st of 3 Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPV) for the Senegalese Navy. They will be fitted with missile systems by MBDA
which will be a new capability for Senegal.

It's beautiful. Could pass for a private yacht.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:36am On Oct 22, 2020
More than 4 x units of Nigerian made Proforce Ara II MRAPs spotted in Ondo state heading to the NE.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:25am On Oct 22, 2020

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 10:12am On Oct 22, 2020
Can someone please confirm what type of camera this is

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by FieldMarshall06(m): 11:23am On Oct 22, 2020
Shaytun:

They are cameras used on motorways and express roads. Hung from above, they take pics of moving cars. Some even have ANPR functionality.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:30am On Oct 22, 2020
Shaytun:

These cameras are not CCTV cameras but license plate verification cameras.
They were removed to prevent vandalization after the curfew was announced.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
kabe1:
SSBN, Defense news Nigeria

Bro, I appreciate you're trying to show Nigeria in a positive light on twitter.

However it is disingenuous to always post unverified content, it's fraudulent to do that, and reinforces the false stereotype that some Nigerians are untrustworthy.

Come on bro, you have a large following on twitter, please stop misinforming people.

Please delete that list of weapons you posted.

Today we have all borne witness and seen the destructive power of fake news.

A couple weeks back i mentioned that SSBN/Defense news Nigeria posting false information on twitter is a national security risk.

This week, events unconnected with SSBN/Defense News Nigeria, have played out, and the result has been people dead, properties destroyed across many Nigerian cities, curfew in place and a Nation on it's knees.

All because some people raised tension through unverified reportage on social media, amplified by the silence of the people in government.

I beg of us all, let us verify our posts before sharing on social media.

Don't post content here or on any social media capable of inciting violence and civil unrest.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2020
kabe1:

Today we have all borne witness and seen the destructive power of fake news.

A couple weeks back i mentioned that SSBN/Defense news Nigeria posting false information on twitter is a national security risk.

This week, events unconnected with SSBN/Defense News Nigeria, have played out, and the result has been people dead, properties destroyed across many Nigerian cities, curfew in place and a Nation on it's knees.

All because some people raised tension through unverified reportage on social media, amplified by the silence of the people in government.

I beg of us all, let us verify our posts before sharing on social media.

Don't post content here or on any social media capable of inciting violence and civil unrest.

God Bless Nigeria.

This incident is making the social media bill being introduce in the senate justifiable to me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2020
Nigerian military chiefs arriving for a crucial meeting with the President moments ago.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2020
chkil1:

142 m , 6000 tons . ( 76mm OTO-Melara , 8 MBDA Exocet ASM , 16 MBDA ASTER air defense missiles , 4 launchers for MU90 Impact torpedos with 19 torpedos on board) . no scalp missile . cost 470 millions euro (2013 contract)

last pic on HD here : https://i.imgur.com/ngLHjyn.jpg to check equipments
This just shows you how heavily Armed the Meko200AN is for a ship nearly half the displacement : 127mm, 16 RBS-15 ASMs, 32 Umkhonto SAMs, 4X 324mm torpedo tubes.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2020
kabe1:
Nigerian military chiefs arriving for a crucial meeting with the President moments ago.
My able CAS.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2020
Breaking News!!!

Ikoyi Prison is under attack.

Military & Police deployed.

Lagos residents stay safe.

Let us continue to preach dialogue & peace!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:00pm On Oct 22, 2020
kabe1:
Breaking News!!!

Ikoyi Prison is under attack.

Military & Police deployed.

Lagos residents stay safe.

Let us continue to preach dialogue & peace!!

Attempted jail break in Ikoyi foiled by a team of police military and prison personnel.

Situation in that general area remains tense.

Please stay indoors, stay safe and keep a watchful eye.

Follow Arise news online or on TV for all updates.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.