Stats: 3,173,162 members, 7,887,385 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:03 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6066089 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2261) (2262) (2263) (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) ... (2858) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by joshingjosh(m): 8:01am On Jan 16, 2021
LTGEN:
Just saw a 30 second video on Twitter @ Obie
The NA had just overrun/ repelled a BH position
They were a light Armoured Co.
All Soldiers were wearing Bulletproof Vests and Helmets.
From the 30 second videos. I can determine the Soldiers were well disciplined and significant restructuring of the 200,000 Soldiers is complete.
This is the other side of the perspective.

Drop link

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:36am On Jan 16, 2021
Yesterday (January 15th) was Nigerian armed forces remembrance day.

My thoughts!!

Nigerians love the Nigerian armed forces!!

Despite the rocky relationship that Nigerians have had with their military from 1960 to this present day, yesterday's remembrance day showed an overwhelming amount of Nigerians love the military.

The gratitude, wishes and prayers poured on the military yesterday was beyond belief, irrespective of previous fractures and disagreements, the populace had the military, chief amongst them been the recent #endsars protest, Nigerians put aside any feeling of animosity to remember our fallen heroes.

Especially in the more educated, and developed Southern part of Nigeria. A lot of people went on social media to wish the military well.

In fact the likes of Retd Brigadier SK Usman openly shed tears on live TV.

I think most Nigerians want to see the military succeed, most Nigerians also appreciate the sacrifices of our heroes past. Nigerians irrespective of political, tribal and religious affiliations are proud of the military, and their achievements.

This is one of the reasons why I think the new Eagle Wings movie would be a box office success in Nigeria.

The living owe it to those who can no longer speak to tell they story for them.

On behalf of everyone in this thread, I wish the Nigerian armed forces a happy remembrance day!!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:53am On Jan 16, 2021
Naval shipbuilding, Nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2021
kabe1:

I don't like this vehicle, I don't think it's a wise purchase, especially considering it's just a Light Armoured Vehicle, we could have sourced locally.

The Army should have gone for the ARA and Ezugwu class vehicles. I really don't see the advantage this vehicle provides over what we have in Nigeria.

If we say cost, the fact that Nigerians are building in Nigeria, forex saving, jobs provided and technical expertise should ordinarily cover for a cheaper cost of this vehicle.

For LAV, there is this.
agree 100% Nigerian armoured vehicles in terms of quality are at an international level these days.... No need to import when you can make the same quality of vehicles(if not better) in Nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2021
kabe1:
Nigerian Army fields Isotrex armoured vehicles

The Nigerian Army is now using Isotrex Phantom 2 armoured personnel carriers (APCs), images released on Nigerian social media have revealed.

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/nigerian-army-fields-isotrex-armoured-vehicles/
perhaps these vehicles are likely donated by UAE... undecided
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2021
Being an officer comes with a ishyt ton of responsibility. You're sworn to defend the constitution and perform all your duties with 120% effort 24/7. The mission comes first ALWAYS-however there's also a duty to YOUR MEN.

Oath of Commissioned Officers

I ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. (Title 5 U.S. Code 3331, an individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services)

Sometimes,the mission is straight Hollywood:
-poor intel since the prior recce failed
-extremely hostile in fact life threatening weather conditions plus difficult land navigation due to lack of landmarks
-complete lack of technological aids (the mission in mind took place in the 1982 Falklands war when NVGs were brand new and GPS was still a decade away)
-your C 130 flyguys have never done air refuelling before and anyway there's only fuel for a one way trip.

Basically,here's the objective . Attack the homebase of Argentina's 5 Super Etendard fighters,.destroying them,plus their fliers and the remaining 3 Exocet ship killers. Here's the plan:
To achieve this, Brigadier Peter de la Billière proposed an operation similar to Operation Entebbe,[3] which consisted of landing approximately 55 SAS in two Lockheed C-130 Hercules aircraft directly on the runway at Rio Grande.[2]

According to the plan, the C-130 would be kept on the tarmac with the engines running while the 55 men of B Squadron SAS performed their mission. If the C-130 survived then they would head for the Chilean air base at Punta Arenas. If not, the surviving members of the SAS Squadron and aircrew would travel to the Chilean border, about 50 miles away.[2]
https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Operation_Mikado

Mind you average temps this time are 0-2 celsius!

You're the officer in charge and handed a warning order for a raid on the Argie airbase;ofc the Brass says a successful recce will end the war.
What would you do-accept or refuse the mission and ruin your career? Think carefully and rmbr your oath.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2021
Stephandesward:

No igp to miscue this year?

You were wrong.

Look at the legs of the Chief of Army, Chief of Navy and Chief of Air force while they were marching!!

........ Then take a look at our police miscuing at the back!! grin grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
oldies . mi 24 A

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:50pm On Jan 16, 2021
Toju200:
perhaps these vehicles are likely donated by UAE... undecided

I doubt it. It's a private company in the UAE.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
jln115:
agree 100% Nigerian armoured vehicles in terms of quality are at an international level these days.... No need to import when you can make the same quality of vehicles(if not better) in Nigeria

Seems like an odd purchase.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
Nigerian Air Force AW-139 of the presidential air fleet.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
South African army Rooikat

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mekussa(m): 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2021
kabe1:

Which is why I feel the manufacturers greased elbows somewhere for this kind of unnecessary purchase to fly. Even if they were donated, This ranks In the same scale as the purchase of LAVs from South Korea.

The LAVs produced by DICON and PROFORCE are no different from this so why look for something in your pocket in another mans bag?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
kabe1:

if it wasn't donated then I would agree!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:08pm On Jan 16, 2021
AGAIN TROOPS NEUTRALISE BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS IN MARTE AXIS, DESTROY 7 GUN TRUCKS, RECOVER ARMS

Troops of Operation TURA TAKAIBANGO in conjunction with the Air Task Force Operation LAFIYA DOLE have effectively destroyed 7 Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists' gun trucks and decimated several unconfirmed number of the terrorists when they attempted to attack their location at the outskirts of Marte in Marte Local Government Area of Borno State.

The gallant troops, based on reliable information about the attack, had positioned themselves in an ambush site where they tactically withdrew to, and awaited the arrival of the terrorists before they opened fire which led to fierce battle that resulted in the successes recorded as indicated above.

The troops are still engaged in pursuit of the fleeing terrorists for further exploitation. Further details of interest to members of the public will be communicated later.

BERNARD ONYEUKO
Brigadier General
Acting Director
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
16 January 2021

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:09pm On Jan 16, 2021

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 7:33pm On Jan 16, 2021
this one hot oooo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2021
Accuracy of Iranian missiles.

Iran is not to be messed with

https://mobile.twitter.com/inbarspace/status/1350035476724543488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1350035476724543488%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdefence.pk%2Fpdf%2Fthreads%2Faccuracy-of-iranian-missiles.698208%2F

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2021
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 9:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
Looks like Mi-171Es are also being used for airstrikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1y_GDUTHlw&feature=youtu.be

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 10:11pm On Jan 16, 2021
rka1:
Looks like Mi-171Es are also being used for airstrikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1y_GDUTHlw&feature=youtu.be

Judging from the blast, I'd say the munition used was probably an RBK-500. Very powerful bomb.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2021
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 10:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
shadowprimezero:

Judging from the blast, I'd say the munition used was probably an RBK-500. Very powerful bomb.

Could well be.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 11:57pm On Jan 16, 2021
mi 35 M . malian AF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
Egyptian-made ST-500 LTV & ST-100 MRAP during field tests in Sinai.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2021

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
rka1:
A real massacre in Marte

https://twitter.com/i/status/1350823813345386496

This is by far the best combat footage I've seen!!!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
kabe1:

Most definitely, especially as it has follow-up footage which we don't normally see. I'm sure there's much more they are not showing us.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 5:48pm On Jan 17, 2021
kabe1:

The last part where they mopped up those terrorists hiding in the ditche is the icing on the cake. NAF too much abeg!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
rka1:

Most definitely, especially as it has follow-up footage which we don't normally see. I'm sure there's much more they are not showing us.

Man, I've watched this video 5 times already, and each round is more satisfying than the previous.

I laughed had at the terrorist hiding his vehicle under a shelter, next thing was Kabooom!!!..... You're gone with the wind!!! grin grin

It reminded me of that Turkish military video of PKK fighters firing a recoilless rifle from a jeep on Turkish army position, not knowing ISR was tracking them.

Was they got back to their hideout, an F-16 flattened the building.

This life no balance.

I really enjoyed the follow up, NAF mean this people. The regrouping part was also satisfying!!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
Xbee007:

The last part where they mopped up those terrorists hiding in the ditche is the icing on the cake. NAF too much abeg!

Lmfao!!!

I saw them hiding, I really enjoyed it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2261) (2262) (2263) (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) ... (2858) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: GeneralFarouq and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59