Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,192 members, 7,887,457 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:07 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6066156 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2262) (2263) (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) (2268) ... (2858) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:58pm On Jan 17, 2021
rka1:

Most definitely, especially as it has follow-up footage which we don't normally see. I'm sure there's much more they are not showing us.

With the recent offensive I would expect NAF to begin as a matter of urgency quick fire drills on base protection in Borno, Yola and Zamfara.

SF forces and QRF need to practice base defence as often as possible to ensure any terrorist adventurism is decisively squashed.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jarell: 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2021
Xbee007:

The last part where they mopped up those terrorists hiding in the ditche is the icing on the cake. NAF too much abeg!

The gunship was like F**k you and your cover. grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 6:07pm On Jan 17, 2021
kabe1:

With the recent offensive I would expect NAF to begin as a matter of urgency quick fire drills on base protection in Borno, Yola and Zamfara.

SF forces and QRF need to practice base defence as often as possible to ensure an terrorist adventurism is decisively squashed.
NAF is the biggest threat to the terrorists right now. The 2013 Maiduguri Air Force base attack should never happen again. All Air Force bases across the federation needs to be beefed up as a matter of national security.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:19pm On Jan 17, 2021
jarell:

The gunship was like F**k you and your cover. grin grin grin

Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
kabe1:

SF forces and QRF need to practice base defence as often as possible to ensure any terrorist adventurism is decisively squashed.

I trust the CAS would have seen to that. He even posts Regiment personnel with SF backup to bases that are being built not to mention established bases.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
ISWAP...!!!
These are the monsters you made cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
What is this DSS Guy behind the Presidential vehicle carrying?

https://mobile.twitter.com/BashirAhmaad/status/1350017520988803072
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 9:47pm On Jan 17, 2021
kabe1:

Guitar grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 8:28am On Jan 18, 2021
Anthonio Banderas kinda Guitar

kabe1:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:38am On Jan 18, 2021
Fynline:

Guitar grin grin grin

Playing tunes in 5.56mm caliber.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 9:13am On Jan 18, 2021
I think we should just pay for the remaining remaining Russian gunships sanctions or no sanctions
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 9:28am On Jan 18, 2021
marvin906:
I think we should just pay for the remaining remaining Russian gunships sanctions or no sanctions
There is no sanction stopping us from doing so. I wonder where people get that sanction story from.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:34am On Jan 18, 2021
Xbee007:

There is no sanction stopping us from doing so. I wonder where people get that sanction story from.

That's what I've been saying all along. Sanctions against Russian arms only kick in when you buy something that'll threaten US or her allies.
MI-35 helis are no such threat, which is why Cote d'Ivoire and recently Mali, got theirs. Without even applying for waivers, by the way.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2021
It seems KDF has initiated a win hearts and minds campaign strategy this year to communities on both sides of the Kenya/Somali border.
Probably has something to do with the scheduled drawdown of KDF from Somalia sometime next year.

Here special Forces on patrol are seen providing medical care to the sickly in a village on the Kenya side of the border. These kinds of meetings are usually also used to build working relations with villages.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 12:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
KDF has also been donating desks and school supplies and airlifting students and teachers back to their various schools along the Kenya-Sommali border and helping them avoid using remote untarmacked roads near the porous border. Its not sustainable but atleast they are helping them avoid being ambushed or kidnapped into Somalia while returning to school. In areas where non-somali teachers have refuse to teach for fear of insecurity in these areas (which is understandable), KDF has tried to volunteer their men to provide lesson to these kids.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 12:34pm On Jan 18, 2021
Stargate254:
KDF has also been donating desks and school supplies and airlifting students and teachers back to their various schools along the Kenya-Sommali border and helping them avoid using remote untarmacked roads near the porous border. Its not sustainable but atleast they are helping them avoid being ambushed or kidnapped into Somalia while returning to school. In areas where non-somali teachers have refuse to teach for fear of insecurity in these areas (which is understandable), KDF has tried to volunteer their men to provide lesson to these kids.
wonderful job by the Kenyans they're really doing a good job...

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kazvid(m): 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2021
kabe1:

I think it's a bullet proof suitcase

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
kazvid:

I think it's a bullet proof suitcase

I know, not the guys beside the vehicle, I'm referring to the big guy at the back with a flowing coat.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 3:13pm On Jan 18, 2021
Xbee007:

It came from the Nigerian Ambassador to Russia.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/military-helicopters/niger-orders-a-dozen-mi-35-helicopters-from-russia/

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nigerian made Ezugwu 6x6 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle (MRAP)

52 units currently on order

47 units were ordered in July 2020

25 units previously supplied to Nigerian army.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
Ballistic Helmets also produced by DICON

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2021
kabe1:
Nigerian made Ezugwu 6x6 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle (MRAP)

52 units currently on order

47 units were ordered in July 2020

25 units previously supplied to Nigerian army.

Kudos to DICON. They finally ditched the 2 torret design
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:04pm On Jan 18, 2021
Fynline:

Kudos to DICON. They finally ditched the 2 torret design

The 4x4 version of this vehicle is looks even more modern.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
bidexiii:

@kabe
Can you guys help ID this sniper riffle.

Is that a Truvelo rifle I see? Can't be. Kabe said South Africans only make armoured vehicles. Kabe also said Nigeria won't buy from SA. grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Is that a Truvelo rifle I see? Can't be. Kabe said South Africans only make armoured vehicles. Kabe also said Nigeria won't buy from SA. grin grin grin

NASA for you...... grin

We dey help una struggling arms industry, naa problem to help person noe !
Dude don't make me regret posting the pictures shocked

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
lebuhsi:

A whopping 70% of that sum goes to recurrent expenditure, without periodical interventions for the procurement of military hardware like we saw in 2014($2bn, voicemail) and 2018($1bn, the super Tucano deal, MBTs, UCAVs e.t.c) they can't really do much, we have been paying for only 3 JF-17s for 3 years now!

Are you serious shocked, wow wow. That's really much
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 7:11pm On Jan 18, 2021
last algerian army exercise yesterday . near moroccan borders

start the video from 01:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6-IEqYrfz4

from 05:30 blitz MBT attack . in the end sukhoi 30 air refuelong

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2021
mi 24 MKIII

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
Algerian army T-90s

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 7:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
T90 MBT , yesterday algerian army exercise

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
Raaven:
mi 24 MKIII

Are these still in service?

I thought the army was going to retire them after placing an order for the MI-28NE?

Of the 42 units of MI-28NE ordered how many have been delivered?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
Raaven:
T90 MBT , yesterday algerian army exercise

This is one of the very few times I'm seeing photos from Algerian army exercises, mostly videos are released.

Also Egypt almost never releases Pictures only videos any reason why this is the case in North Africa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2262) (2263) (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) (2268) ... (2858) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: lamdobaly(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.