Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,324 members, 7,888,026 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:47 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6066749 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2483) (2484) (2485) (2486) (2487) (2488) (2489) ... (2858) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
Nigerian Navy Ship NNS Kada begins voyage home.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2022
Some people have asked, why does the Nigerian Navy need a ship like this when we have a BHT and Bandit problem.

- First, the Nigerian Navy has always had heavy Sea lift capabilities, the ship is expected to restore our Sea lift capability, and the Navy's ORBAT.

- The Nigerian military's recent military deployment to Gambia showed a major flaw in our response capability, while we rapidly deployed nearly 800 men to Senegal, we could not send in any armour. With a ship like this we would be able to rapidly supply men and armour, APCs, Tanks, IFVs and MRAPs where and when we need them.

- Humanitarian capabilities, the Nigerian Air Force has flown thousands of hours of humanitarian flights in the last 10 years. NNS Kada allows Nigeria to deploy massive humanitarian aid to countries across Africa in much, much larger volumes.

- Gunboat diplomacy, the presence of NNS Kada can help deter conflict in the region. It is also a piece of floating Nigerian culture.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raeblack: 9:25am On Apr 04, 2022
President Lazarus Chakwera, who is also Commander in Chief of the Malawi Defence Force (MDF), is this morning visiting MDF’s field training exercise at Luwawa forest reserve in Mzimba.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:34am On Apr 04, 2022
QuietMynd:

Did u just went back to quote a 2020 post
shocked shocked shocked

Idk why I'm just seeing your post. For those who look deeper than the reposted MSM pix its very relevant for the following reasons:
-the NYT lied,not for the first or last time as the Juke situation shows yet forumers still take their outtakes as gospel.
-the money KDF invests in training and equipment is well spent as nighttime CAS ops are wayyyy more tricky than Hollywood would have us believe. The comms,NVGs,procedures and tactics all worked!
-army aviation is critical-imagine the response if the KAF had the MDs/MGs instead of the army? I doubt they'd have responded immediately.
-foreign forces may not be as hot as we assume?

WASHINGTON —
Military investigations have found poor leadership, inadequate training and a "culture of complacency" among U.S. forces undermined efforts to fend off a 2020 attack by militants in Kenya that killed three Americans, U.S. officials familiar with the probes told The Associated Press ahead of the release of the findings, expected Thursday.
https://www.voanews.com/a/scathing-reports-find-us-military-failures-in-2020-kenya-attack-/6480290.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:40am On Apr 04, 2022
kabe1:

It doesn't work like that. Countries are measured on the basis of how equipped they are to deal with the threats they are expected to face.

The Nigerian Navy is well positioned to deal with all foreseeable threats the service is expected to face.
good answers wink

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lagos traffic! I'm flying to Ghana on Tuesday, and therefore need a Covid test. The only place acceptable to my medical aid is 4.5km away and the quickest travel time is 38min at midnight, on a Saturday! shocked

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 12:26pm On Apr 04, 2022
kikuyu1:

Idk why I'm just seeing your post. For those who look deeper than the reposted MSM pix its very relevant for the following reasons:
-the NYT lied,not for the first or last time as the Juke situation shows yet forumers still take their outtakes as gospel.
-the money KDF invests in training and equipment is well spent as nighttime CAS ops are wayyyy more tricky than Hollywood would have us believe. The comms,NVGs,procedures and tactics all worked!
-army aviation is critical-imagine the response if the KAF had the MDs/MGs instead of the army? I doubt they'd have responded immediately.
-foreign forces may not be as hot as we assume?

https://www.voanews.com/a/scathing-reports-find-us-military-failures-in-2020-kenya-attack-/6480290.html
Good read.
I know this already, I don't believe in "foreign means better"
I have always doubted American soldiers quality (save for the marines).
The day american soldiers will fight an average in strength military nd air superiority isn't guaranteed while their infantry will have to do the most by themselves, then will shall rate them.
B4 then we shall keep quiet.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:49pm On Apr 04, 2022
Tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP2Fnbd1eJo

Ukraine is starting to look like Syria, rubble everywhere, Russia thought it would be an easy fight but now they are trapped for a few years.

They are using the same tactic they used on Germany in WW2 of just levelling up everything.

Now these tanks are isolated and easy targets for the newly delivered US "kamikaze" drones... Happy tank hunting
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2022
Any African country that finds itself with a fertilizer, wheat, or oil shortage has themselves to blame. There is a willing selling in Russia at low prices, you don't have to be intelligent to figure out how to buy

The us and Europe have not only created this crisis but are violating their own sanctions by buying oil and actually even hoarding fertilizer.

Foreign reserves of Yuan and Rubble's should be being bought and CHIPS should account for half of transactions instead of only SWIFT

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 1:05pm On Apr 04, 2022
GreenandGold:

They are using the same tactic they used on Germany in WW2 of just levelling up everything.

Now these tanks are isolated and easy targets for the newly delivered US "kamikaze" drones... Happy tank hunting

It will be a good learning experience, they need to suffer more losses because they are underatting Ukraine
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:58pm On Apr 04, 2022
Excellent footage showing Nigerian army Armour waiting in a staging area, while the Nigerian Air Force conducts air strikes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZagazolaMakama2/status/1510914858694451203

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 2:43pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lurker4Long:
Lagos traffic! I'm flying to Ghana on Tuesday, and therefore need a Covid test. The only place acceptable to my medical aid is 4.5km away and the quickest travel time is 38min at midnight, on a Saturday! shocked
YEahhhh you only used to Africa light my bru!!!!! Now its real TIA!!! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 4:35pm On Apr 04, 2022
Tinfoil:

It will be a good learning experience, they need to suffer more losses because they are underatting Ukraine
No Ukrainians are just lucky to get alot of support from EU/US. If it was just Ukraine and Russia this war would have been over in the 1st 2 weeks of the war.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lurker4Long:

Even as a Nigerian, I can stay in Lagos. The traffic is mad expecially on working day.

Am sure you've not been in traffic for 3 hours that's why you are complaining of 38 mins.

Those that know Lagos well know the best route to their destination at any given time.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 4:57pm On Apr 04, 2022
iblawi:
No Ukrainians are just lucky to get alot of support from EU/US. If it was just Ukraine and Russia this war would have been over in the 1st 2 weeks of the war.

Ukraine is an arms manufacturing country with a technologically proficient military. They are also fiece fighters

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2022
RiceProducers:

Ukraine is an arms manufacturing country with a technologically proficient military. They are also fiece fighters

Most of Ukrainian military equipment were destroyed in the first few days of the war.

The 3 major weapons that made them slow the Russians down were supplied by NATO members.
Javelin,
Stinger MANPAN
And TB2 drone.

Plus all the media moral booster, media instigated free foreign fighter and economic sanctions.

Ukraine produce nothing that could've changed the game.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 6:41pm On Apr 04, 2022
An important vid on the declining petro dollar and potential petro ruble. It encapsulates much of the idea of what a world future financial architecture will look like.

[urlhttps://youtu.be/hBl8sGUvzXY[/url]

The ruble has already almost reversed ALL its losses since the invasion.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lurker4Long:
Did you later find your luggage?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:34am On Apr 05, 2022
South African made Marauder MRAP used by Chechen forces in Ukraine.

14 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
Xbee007:

Did you later find your luggage?
No, gone forever.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 1:07pm On Apr 05, 2022
It's a toss-up between Accra and Mindelo as to my favourite West African city.
Good to be back in Accra, with a fresh suitcase of clothing flown up by BA from Cape Town.
Don't even mind the humidity fogging up my glasses as soon as I venture outside.
Tilapia with banku for supper loading...

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 1:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
Malian army forces + foreign soldiers – identified by several sources as Russians – summarily executed about 300 civilian men, some of them suspected Islamist fighters, in Mali in late March.

Mali: HRW condemns ‘deliberate slaughter’ of 300 men by military

Witnesses told HRW that the Malian army and foreign soldiers killed hundreds of people in the southern town of Moura.

International watchdog Human Rights Watch (HRW) has condemned the summary execution of an estimated 300 civilians, including suspected members of armed groups during a military operation conducted by Malian forces and foreign fighters.

The alleged massacre, described in a Tuesday statement by HRW as “the worst single atrocity reported in Mali’s decade-long conflict”, happened in the central Malian town of Moura during a military operation that started on March 27.

“Abuses by armed Islamist groups is no justification at all for the military’s deliberate slaughter of people in custody,” said Corinne Dufka, HRW’s Sahel director.

“The Malian government is responsible for this atrocity, the worst in Mali in a decade, whether carried about by Malian forces or associated foreign soldiers,” she added.

Mass killing is a breach of international law that prohibits abuses against captured combatants and detained civilians, according to Article 3 of the Geneva Convention.

On Friday, Mali’s defence ministry issued a statement saying that 203 “terrorists” were killed during an air-land military operation from March 23 to April 3.

The rights group gathered the account of 27 people, including community leaders, diplomats, security analysts and witnesses from Moura – a town of about 10,000 residents that has been the epicentre of violence waged by armed groups since 2012.

HRW concluded that Malian soldiers and foreign fighters, which several sources identified as white non-French speaking soldiers, executed several hundred people in the city in small groups, over the course of several days.

“Over the four days, the soldiers ordered the detained men in groups of four, six, or up to 10, to stand up and walk for between several dozen and several hundred meters,” the HRW report cited a witness as saying.

“There, the Malian and foreign soldiers summarily executed them,” the witness said, adding that some victims were shot in the head, while other groups of men were sprayed by gunfire.

“The sound of gunfire rang out in our village from Monday to Thursday,” one resident reportedly said.

Residents also told HRW that since January many armed foreigners, believed to be Russians, were taking part in military operations in and around the central Malian towns of Sofara, Ségou, Mopti, Diabaly, and Belidanédji among others.

The vast majority of those killed by the Malian military and allied forces, read the report, were men from the pastoralist Peuhl, or Fulani, an ethnic group from which armed groups have heavily recruited in the past.

“The Malian government should urgently and impartially investigate these mass killings, including the role of foreign soldiers,” Dufka said.

“For such investigations to be sufficiently independent and credible, the authorities should seek assistance from the African Union and the United Nations,” she added.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/5/mali-military-foreign-fighters-summarily-execute-300-people-hrw
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2022
kabe1:

I don't know if this is the right PR Paramount Group wants...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:27am On Apr 06, 2022
kikuyu1, look at this:

Uganda contracts India’s HAL to maintain Su-30 fleet

Uganda has awarded Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) a contract to maintain and support its Su-30 combat aircraft fleet in a historic deal.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/aerospace-aerospace/uganda-contracts-indias-hal-to-maintain-su-30-fleet/

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:18am On Apr 06, 2022
Lurker4Long:
kikuyu1, look at this:

Uganda contracts India’s HAL to maintain Su-30 fleet

Uganda has awarded Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) a contract to maintain and support its Su-30 combat aircraft fleet in a historic deal.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/aerospace-aerospace/uganda-contracts-indias-hal-to-maintain-su-30-fleet/

Interesting: tres tres interessante! IIRC,they've got 5 Sues left after losing 2 in crashes. Ideally they'd develop indig capacity in maintenance- I'd like to see if the 7 mn $ annual flight cost per bird reduces but I doubt it.

http://nationsdawnofanera.weebly.com/-fighter-aircraft.html

The buy decision was most unwise and nothing can undo or mitigate that f'ery.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2022
You are very spot on on this Brother. The West (Europe) may be the biggest loosers in the long run. I cant believe how they allow America influence their decisions. It is like they no longer think for themselves.

kikuyu1:
An important vid on the declining petro dollar and potential petro ruble. It encapsulates much of the idea of what a world future financial architecture will look like.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2022
I'm impressed with India and they way they have handled themselves. We (Nigeria) have a lot of similarities with India positive similarities but unlike India we have failed to make use of ours.

kikuyu1:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
kikuyu1:

Interesting: tres tres interessante! IIRC,they've got 5 Sues left after losing 2 in crashes. Ideally they'd develop indig capacity in maintenance- I'd like to see if the 7 mn $ annual flight cost per bird reduces but I doubt it.

http://nationsdawnofanera.weebly.com/-fighter-aircraft.html

The buy decision was most unwise and nothing can undo or mitigate that f'ery.

Sadly, this malaise continues to plague our continent, where doctrine does not determine purchase of equipment, but the allure of shiny toys.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2022
Mali managed to get its choppers just in time.

Mali receives Mi-24s and radars from Russia

Mali’s military has received two Mi-24P attack helicopters from Russia as part of continuing efforts to bolster the country’s armed forces.

The Forces Armees Maliennes (FAMA) said a batch of equipment from Russia was received by Defence Minister Sadio Camara at Bamako-Senou Airport on 30 March. The equipment, delivered by a Russian Air Force An-124 transport under a longstanding agreement with Russia, included attack helicopters and radar systems (Protivnik-GE/59N6-TE mobile radars).

The Mi-24Ps add to the four Mi-35s received earlier from Russia. The final two Mi-35s arrived in Mali in January 2021, following a 2016 contract for four of the aircraft, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI). The first two were delivered in 2017. SIPRI also reports that four Mi-171Sh helicopters were received in 2021 under a $61 million deal that includes training and weaponry.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/military-helicopters/mali-receives-mi-24s-and-radars-from-russia/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:15pm On Apr 06, 2022
kabe1:

Tbh, SA owns this MRAP game. They all look damn intimidating.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2483) (2484) (2485) (2486) (2487) (2488) (2489) ... (2858) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Faithful007 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.