Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,939 members, 7,873,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:50 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6047128 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2490) (2491) (2492) (2493) (2494) (2495) (2496) ... (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 10:54pm On Apr 14, 2022
rka1:
https://www.dsca.mil/press-media/major-arms-sales/nigeria-ah-1z-attack-helicopter-related-fms-acquisitions

NIGERIA – AH-1Z ATTACK HELICOPTER RELATED FMS ACQUISITIONS
three day ago Russia had call some African country including Nigeria about improving it bilateral and military cooperation and assuring African country that if they is a bilateral support from African toward Moscow, that it will see more benefit for African country and today US have agree with the procurement of AH1z they refused to sell shouting human right. NATO and USA should know African would not be there boy. shine your eye Nigeria would not risk it relation with russia
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 12:20am On Apr 15, 2022
why are you sorry? grin
Good for Russia.
i heard it sank while being towed. I guess they couldn't find chewing gum to patch that thing up grin jk

SuperSixSeven:

I am sorry to inform you that the Russian Navy cruiser "Moskva" has sunk in the Black Sea.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 12:54am On Apr 15, 2022
I just wished Zelensky would negotiate and wind this down, massive arms are pouring into that country right now, i feel terrible for the civilians there, it's going to be bloodier, and i don't see the gain in that for Ukraine. Negotiation could have helped them keep at least some of that region, I'm not well versed on Ukraine's geography, but continuous war isn't going to help.
And funny enough they attacked homeland of Russia twice i believe, after Putin warned them not to, i hope their capital doesn't get decimated, we wait and watch.
Only winners here are those egging them on to keep fighting.

davefurn:
If ukraine loses donbass and donestz region.... Especially Eastern ukraine; it will be like nigeria lost south south and south west....... Majority of their oil reserves are situated there, this isn't a war of values; this is a war of resources. If ukraine loses eastern ukraine their economy is crippled plus the destruction of infrastructures. US can't watch Russia becoming stronger, China is enough headache already. Don't forget, losing of eastern ukraine means ukraine is now a landlocked country!!!!!!!. They've lost Crimea, mauripol, kherson, melitopoly; Things are dire for Ukraine now. Russia are selling their oil at cheap price now, well if they succeed; the oil they're selling at a cheap price won't matter, they got another big fat cow now..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 6:06am On Apr 15, 2022
davefurn:
If ukraine loses donbass and donestz region.... Especially Eastern ukraine; it will be like nigeria lost south south and south west....... Majority of their oil reserves are situated there, this isn't a war of values; this is a war of resources. If ukraine loses eastern ukraine their economy is crippled plus the destruction of infrastructures. US can't watch Russia becoming stronger, China is enough headache already. Don't forget, losing of eastern ukraine means ukraine is now a landlocked country!!!!!!!. They've lost Crimea, mauripol, kherson, melitopoly; Things are dire for Ukraine now. Russia are selling their oil at cheap price now, well if they succeed; the oil they're selling at a cheap price won't matter, they got another big fat cow now..
I don't know what you're saying. Oil has never been Ukraine's major exports. They're a farming nation, exporting wheat and other agric produce. They also export industrial raw materials.

Not the entire shore line of Ukraine is under seige. A huge chunk of Ukrainian shoreline up to the port of Odessa hasn't seen a Russian bullet.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:19am On Apr 15, 2022
rka1:
https://www.dsca.mil/press-media/major-arms-sales/nigeria-ah-1z-attack-helicopter-related-fms-acquisitions

If the FG have learnt anything at all, they'd run for their lives. This will effectively tie almost 50% of our attack platform to the whims of the US

But meh, I know my government will reason from their intestines so I wouldn't hold my breath

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:26am On Apr 15, 2022
sczeska:

Even the Chinese can’t fnck things up this bad

Swrs, chief. Too much vodka ain't that good as thought.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:30am On Apr 15, 2022
kabe1:
Breaking News N

This is another confirmation that we have concluded plans and delivery would soon begin for the M-346F/A aircraft for the Nigerian Air Force.

There also seems to be evidence that Nigeria would also receive Bayraktar TB-2 Drones.

It's the Akinci. The advanced version of the Barkytar

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:31am On Apr 15, 2022
rka1:

I really don't know how I feel about this purchase. We are tying a huge percentage of our military air capabilities to American control.

Well, nobody will say President Buhari is not investing in security.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:33am On Apr 15, 2022
kabe1:

The Akinci is a far more advanced version, one of the best UCAVs in the market.

This has officially confirmed Nigeria as the UCAV gaint of Africa

Shots fired.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:37am On Apr 15, 2022
Odunayaw:
If the FG have learnt anything at all, they'd run for their lives. This will effectively tie almost 50% of our attack platform to the whims of the US

But meh, I know my government will reason from their intestines so I wouldn't hold my breath

Apparently FG has not learnt anything. We are now firmly under the influence of the United States government. grin grin grin

Super Tucanos - America

AH-1Z - America

Engines for M-346F/A - America

Engines for NNS Kada - America

Engines for 2 x OPVs from Turkey - America

Engines for Proforce Defence ARA 2 MRAP - America

Engines and subsystems for Akinci UCAV - America

Critical parts of Nigerian security architecture is completely Americanized.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:38am On Apr 15, 2022
kabe1:

I really don't know how I feel about this purchase. We are tying a huge percentage of our military air capabilities to American control.

This Russian war spoilt alotta stuff but people in the helms might not believe in the capability of the Chinese platforms.

Nigerian flyboys wanna fly American.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:38am On Apr 15, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Shots fired.

Just facts, no pun. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:46am On Apr 15, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

This Russian war spoilt alotta stuff but people in the helms might not believe in the capability of the Chinese platforms.

Nigerian flyboys wanna fly American.

I don't think it's this Russian war that spoilt stuff. Although this war has put a nail on Russia's coffin and slammed it shut with regards to military procurement.

If you remember correctly, Nigeria has been chasing the Super Tucano since the administration of former President Yar'Adua.

Including attempts by President GEJ to purchase American helicopters from Israel.

It's been a long time coming. Really Nigerian pilots want to fly American.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 6:58am On Apr 15, 2022
kabe1:

Apparently FG has not learnt anything. We are now firmly under the influence of the United States government. grin grin grin

Super Tucanos - America

AH-1Z - America

Engines for M-346F/A - America

Engines for NNS Kada - America

Engines for 2 x OPVs from Turkey - America

Engines for Proforce Defence ARA 2 MRAP - America

Engines and subsystems for Akinci UCAV - America

Critical parts of Nigerian security architecture is completely Americanized.
Let's weigh the pros and cons

First of all, Nigeria does not produce any, so military equipment in Nigeria is generally foreign controlled. Either America, EU, Russia or China.

Mixing up a fleet has proven to be ineffective, cost prohibitive and detrimental in the long run. So buying from all countries to cook up soup in your airbases is a foolish option to start with.

America and EU pros
Tested equipment battle proven and Reliable
Counter terror mutual interest
Economic sanction free

Russia pros
Reliable as well
Good alternative to anti westerners

China pros
Cheap equipment
little to no control

America cons
Legislature and congress control due to democracy
Can be pricy due to high labor costs

Russia cons
Putin control (A lot you may not know here)
Economic sanction prone
Less counter terror mutual interest

China cons
May not be reliable
Little counter terror mutual interest.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:59am On Apr 15, 2022
kabe1:

Just facts, no pun. grin grin grin

But the opp block are gonna take it as pun lol grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:02am On Apr 15, 2022
kabe1:

I don't think it's this Russian war that spoilt stuff. Although this war has put a nail on Russia's coffin and slammed it shut with regards to military procurement.

If you remember correctly, Nigeria has been chasing the Super Tucano since the administration of former President Yar'Adua.

Including attempts by President GEJ to purchase American helicopters from Israel.

It's been a long time coming. Really Nigerian pilots want to fly American.

Exactly. Nigeria has always been interested in the F 16 too. We might just be flying those birds in half a decade. It's probable but I hope not. I want atleast the Chinese J-10C.

The Americans might have the "best" equipment but the worst Terms and conditions for developing countries. We can't risk making our entire airforce Americanised . Just a slight going against their will and our entire airforce would be grounded.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:15am On Apr 15, 2022
Faithful007:
Let's weigh the pros and cons

First of all, Nigeria does not produce any, so military equipment in Nigeria is generally foreign controlled. Either America, EU, Russia or China.

Mixing up a fleet has proven to be ineffective, cost prohibitive and detrimental in the long run. So buying from all countries to cook up soup in your airbases is a foolish option to start with.

America and EU pros
Tested equipment battle proven and Reliable
Counter terror mutual interest
Economic sanction free

Russia pros
Reliable as well
Good alternative to anti westerners

China pros
Cheap equipment
little to no control

America cons
Legislature and congress control due to democracy
Can be pricy due to high labor costs

Russia cons
Putin control (A lot you may not know here)
Economic sanction prone
Less counter terror mutual interest

China cons
May not be reliable
Little counter terror mutual interest.

Seems the Egyptians will need your advice on mixing up a fleet lol.

I know you're Pro-American. You believe that Uncle Sam is always right. You believe yall the good guys but I tell you what, Have you ever seen Russia and China interfering in the internal politics of a country uninvited??
E.g. The Syrians invited the Russians, who invited America?
These are some of the things people weigh.

Look at the terms we was given when trying to purchase the A 29s initially. The Americans didn't want to share deep technical knowledge with us. Does Russia apply all those terms?

Look at Pakistan. How the Americans always come to check out the F16s. Did China give Pakistan those terms and conditions for the J10?
Look, the Americans don't see us as equal partners especially us in the developing world. They see us as "kids".

When you say Russian equipment are economic sanction prone, I hope you meant prone to American sanctions cos Putin isn't the one known to sanction people and will you like to explain what you meant by Putin being controlling?

You're a funny dude for saying American equipment is economic sanctions free.
You're literally saying "Buy American equipment or get sanctioned by us for not buying ours". Even when you buy, they sanction your country if the politics in your country is not going in their favour.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:32am On Apr 15, 2022
kabe1:
Breaking News N

This is another confirmation that we have concluded plans and delivery would soon begin for the M-346F/A aircraft for the Nigerian Air Force.

There also seems to be evidence that Nigeria would also receive Bayraktar TB-2 Drones.

Na me go first tag jln on god grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:34am On Apr 15, 2022
kabe1:
Breaking News

The Nigerian government that purchase over 300 armoured vehicles in one single purchase has approved another, even larger round of procurement of armoured vehicles for the army.

We have all seen how effective the MRAPs and Tracked Vehicles purchased from China have been.

It would be nice for the government to purchase local in this round of Procurement. With Proforce Defence Nigeria providing a huge offering of different types of MRAPs and APCs.

I'm definitely hoping that we will see additional Tanks and likely IFVs in this round of Procurement.

I just proforce would increase production as they are extremely slow
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:01am On Apr 15, 2022
slimthugchimee2:

I just proforce would increase production as they are extremely slow

I expect Proforce to be included in this procurement. It would be a shame if they don't get any deliveries.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:02am On Apr 15, 2022
slimthugchimee2:

Na me go first tag jln on god grin

This procurement has since been confirmed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:22am On Apr 15, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Exactly. Nigeria has always been interested in the F 16 too. We might just be flying those birds in half a decade. It's probable but I hope not. I want atleast the Chinese J-10C.

The Americans might have the "best" equipment but the worst Terms and conditions for developing countries. We can't risk making our entire airforce Americanised . Just a slight going against their will and our entire airforce would be grounded.

The problem is, will the Americans allow Nigeria purchase the J-10C even if we want to get them, I really doubt that.

With the purchase of the AH-1Z it would be very possible for Nigeria to also get the F-16.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 9:24am On Apr 15, 2022
Faithful007:
I don't know what you're saying. Oil has never been Ukraine's major exports. They're a farming nation, exporting wheat and other agric produce. They also export industrial raw materials.

Not the entire shore line of Ukraine is under seige. A huge chunk of Ukrainian shoreline up to the port of Odessa hasn't seen a Russian bullet.
Odessa have been seeing strikes alot; if odessa is taken, ukraine doesn't have a port city again. Most of ukraine products are agricultural and steel but it's to note that most of that are produced around especially the steel are produced around the eastern region close to the sea.

https://tradingeconomics.com/ukraine/exports#:~:text=Ukraine%20exports%20mainly%20steel%2C%20coal,Others%20include%20Turkey%20and%20China.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.spglobal.com/commodityinsights/en/market-insights/latest-news/agriculture/030122-feature-russian-invasion-disrupts-ukrainian-sunflower-oil-industry%23:~:text%3DThe%2520major%2520growing%2520regions%2520for,eastern%2520provinces%2520of%2520the%2520country.&ved=2ahUKEwjm9bh0JX3AhUehf0HHWEIB4IQFnoECAUQBQ&usg=AOvVaw2XvrjqpnznG0zrpStmTJtD

If the eastern region is lost, a huge chunk of ukraine economy crashes. When last I checked the map.of ukraine; well I didn't see any major port cities again. As you can see seed oils, highest ukrainian agricultural exports is mostly produced in the eastern and central region

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 9:41am On Apr 15, 2022
kabe1:

[quo
Odunayaw:

te author=JOSCOFELIX post=111955659] three day ago Russia had call some African country including Nigeria about improving it bilateral and military cooperation and assuring African country that if they is a bilateral support from African toward Moscow, that it will see more benefit for African country and today US have agree with the procurement of AH1z they refused to sell shouting human right. NATO and USA should know African would not be there boy. shine your eye Nigeria would not risk it relation with russia[/quote]

I think it is probably a tactic used by the US to draw Nigeria in as they know we are looking at the Turkish and Indian attack helos.

Just like they tried with Indonesia who look like going for the Rafale and the US put out a proposal for I think the F16. We will wait and see as both army aviation and NAF need new attack helos.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 9:49am On Apr 15, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

It's the Akinci. The advanced version of the Barkytar

Do you have any source for this?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2022
rka1:
[quote author=JOSCOFELIX post=111955659] three day ago Russia had call some African country including Nigeria about improving it bilateral and military cooperation and assuring African country that if they is a bilateral support from African toward Moscow, that it will see more benefit for African country and today US have agree with the procurement of AH1z they refused to sell shouting human right. NATO and USA should know African would not be there boy. shine your eye Nigeria would not risk it relation with russia

I think it is probably a tactic used by the US to draw Nigeria in as they know we are looking at the Turkish and Indian attack helos.

Just like they tried with Indonesia who look like going for the Fatale and the US put out a proposal for I think the F16. We will wait and see as both army aviation and NAF need new attack helos.
as for the army helos
Proposals are Agusta,HAL,T129 we're waiting for the final pick
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:05am On Apr 15, 2022
SuperSixSeven:

Do you have any source for this?

Yeah. I got a guy in the Ship House. He actually said this in March.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 10:16am On Apr 15, 2022
Sizzorkay:
Only Western countries can turn bad narratives into story of heroism lol. Brave children took up arms, of course not child soldiers, which you'd think the West would condemn grin
How true is this?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:35am On Apr 15, 2022
kabe1:

The Akinci is a far more advanced version, one of the best UCAVs in the market.

This has officially confirmed Nigeria as the UCAV gaint of Africa.
.... Yeah naaahhh......Egypt, Algeria and even SA have large fleets of drones
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 10:38am On Apr 15, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Seems the Egyptians will need your advice on mixing up a fleet lol.

I know you're Pro-American. You believe that Uncle Sam is always right. You believe yall the good guys but I tell you what, Have you ever seen Russia and China interfering in the internal politics of a country uninvited??
E.g. The Syrians invited the Russians, who invited America?
These are some of the things people weigh.

Look at the terms we was given when trying to purchase the A 29s initially. The Americans didn't want to share deep technical knowledge with us. Does Russia apply all those terms?

Look at Pakistan. How the Americans always come to check out the F16s. Did China give Pakistan those terms and conditions for the J10?
Look, the Americans don't see us as equal partners especially us in the developing world. They see us as "kids".

Kids with Xpensive and dangerous toys grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:47am On Apr 15, 2022
rka1:
[quote author=JOSCOFELIX post=111955659] three day ago Russia had call some African country including Nigeria about improving it bilateral and military cooperation and assuring African country that if they is a bilateral support from African toward Moscow, that it will see more benefit for African country and today US have agree with the procurement of AH1z they refused to sell shouting human right. NATO and USA should know African would not be there boy. shine your eye Nigeria would not risk it relation with russia

Just like they tried with Indonesia who look like going for the Fatale and the US put out a proposal for I think the F16. We will wait and see as both army aviation and NAF need new attack helos.

I think Nigeria has always been interested in buying American systems, the Americans weren't just interested in selling under Obama.

I don't think Army aviation would be buying any advanced helicopters, we should see them with multi role helicopters.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by oyinpr(m): 11:25am On Apr 15, 2022
I think the airforce should transfer the MI series to army aviation[quote author=kabe1 post=111965835][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (2490) (2491) (2492) (2493) (2494) (2495) (2496) ... (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: bidexiii and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.