Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:51 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6046887 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
Centrifude:

I honestly don't think 11 Attack Helos are even close to being enough for protecting a country of our Size, Super-Hind could be used as a temporal Solution to fill in that gap, plus I heard ATE bought a significant number of them so delivery would happen within a few months, if our government was serious about reopening the Rooivalk factory then they should have done it a long time ago, France is not the only country that Manufactures the parts we need, there plenty of other countries that could help us.
You're being irrational now.

Feasibility studies first. That's what happening now.

A "new Rooivalk" might come out.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
Happyb Newyr @henry120 n all. Nice seeing the thread firing on. More bullet 2 ur magz

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
gottfried21:
I personally don't find it ugly,but I just had to post the comment aswel tongue

It looks like it has a freak accident around itks nose area.

Lol grin grin

It truly is quite ugly.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
Centrifude:

I wonder if these can also be armed with the ingwe missiles.

I wish they would just post a pic of the entire Helicopter.

It also fires the Ingwe missiles, yes.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
MikeCZAR:

I don't see his comments as been irrational to be honest. They are on track, I share his views.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Happyb Newyr @henry120 n all. Nice seeing the thread firing on. More bullet 2 ur magz

Happy new year man.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 3:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
Henry120:

I don't see his comments as been irrational to be honest. They are on track, I share his views.

Totally irrational.

I'd happy to see SA industry proposing a "new Rooivalk" instead of reopening the production line of the Rooivalk Block 1F.

Regarding SAAF and Super Hind, well it doesn't fit into SA doctrine.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Totally irrational.

I'd happy to see SA industry proposing a "new Rooivalk" instead of reopening the production line of the Rooivalk Block 1F.

Regarding SAAF and Super Hind, well it doesn't fit into SA doctrine.

He wasn't asking for additional Rooivalk block 1's, he only stated what is common knowledge. 11 Rooivalk's are grossly in-adequate for the SAAF, and i fully agree.

The Super Hind is a fantastic helicopter, it would meet the requirements of any Airforce on this planet.

The Hind isn't a transport helicopter, it can only carry 8 guys, so, I fail to see how it distorts your doctrine.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
Henry120:

It looks like it has a freak accident around itks nose area.

Lol grin grin

It truly is quite ugly.

Lol hahahaha yeah from the side it looks ugly as F*ck but from the from it actually looks really cool, and sophisticated.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 5:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
MikeCZAR:

Yeah sure there's a possibility that there might be a "new rooivalk" but our armed forces can't rely on things that might happen, I think going for a few Hinds to add a bit of versatility to our arsenal wouldn't be a bad thing, or at least change the cockpit to make it look and feel like the rooivalk so that we can train more pilot which is what we did to the Hawks Trainer.

When I spoke to one of the Rooivalk Pilots at the Rand Easter Show in April he told me that S.A.A.F will soon be reaching the point where we have more Gripen pilots then Aircraft and its one of the main reasons they chose to Gripenise the Hawks, but I don't know if its true or that he was just messing with me.

He also thought that we should find an Alternative system to help train more rooivalk pilots, and to increase the number of helos in our Arsenal.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
Centrifude:

Yeah sure there's a possibility that there might be a "new rooivalk" but our armed forces can't rely on things that might happen, I think going for a few Hinds to add a bit of versatility to our arsenal wouldn't be a bad thing, or at least change the cockpit to make it look and feel like the rooivalk so that we can train more pilot which is what we did to the Hawks Trainer.

When I spoke to one of the Rooivalk Pilots at the Rand Easter Show in April he told me that S.A.A.F will soon be reaching the point where we have more Gripen pilots then Aircraft and its one of the main reasons they chose to Gripenise the Hawks, but I don't know if its true or that he was just messing with me.

He also thought that we should find an Alternative system to help train more rooivalk pilots, and to increase the number of helos in our Arsenal.

Besides the Rooivalk in the DRC, Rooivalks will not face combat on our adjacent borders... we're a peaceful and integrated neighborhood, a big number of any equipment results in wasteful expenditure.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
**Modified

its the apha Jet
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 04, 2015
xwolverine:
**Modified

its the apha Jet

What alpha jet?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 1:43am On Jan 04, 2015
modified
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 04, 2015
hey guys!

How do you see this business? How about buying a decommissioned chinook, remove all the arms and fitting passanger seats in it. One can use it to transport people from Iyana-Ipaja to Victoria Island every day and during rush hour for just 500 naira.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by neighy(m): 7:23am On Jan 04, 2015
Henry120:
Holly molly

Beegeagle.

NAF's up-graded MI-35

Photo credit : dakingsman
WtF!!... ABeg more picshures..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:41am On Jan 04, 2015
Henry120:

He wasn't asking for additional Rooivalk block 1's, he only stated what is common knowledge. 11 Rooivalk's are grossly in-adequate for the SAAF, and i fully agree.

The Super Hind is a fantastic helicopter, it would meet the requirements of any Airforce on this planet.

The Hind isn't a transport helicopter, it can only carry 8 guys, so, I fail to see how it distorts your doctrine.
I totally get that. But such views come from people who didn't read the defence review.

SAAF really didn't need them, except for now. They fit the army's needs.

Again the Super hind might be fantastic but it will never fit into SAAF doctrine. For a wide range of reasons.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:50am On Jan 04, 2015
Centrifude:

They should. If studies find it would be futile to reopen the like then if SAAF needs more AT helos they'll have to get "South Africanised" ones similar to the Rooivalk from Europe.

Just messing with you.

Rooivalk pilots are highly trained they've already done many hours on the Oryx and A109 before moving to the attack helicopter. They're not trained from scratch.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:04am On Jan 04, 2015
Centrifude:

I honestly don't think 11 Attack Helos are even close to being enough for protecting a country of our Size, Super-Hind could be used as a temporal Solution to fill in that gap, plus I heard ATE bought a significant number of them so delivery would happen within a few months, if our government was serious about reopening the Rooivalk factory then they should have done it a long time ago, France is not the only country that Manufactures the parts we need, there plenty of other countries that could help us.

The size of the country is not relevant

What is relvant is force design and how we use the Rooivalk in the larger make-up of SANDF systems.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:07am On Jan 04, 2015
Henry120:

SAAF and SANDF as is currently designed only requires the Rooivalk we need.

The Hind has mobility issues, and does not hover to attack targets - it makes strafing runs. This is not suitable to our doctrine.

The rooivalk engages from stand-off distances and relies on natural geography for cover (using a ridgeline for defilade for example)

Rooivalk is also able to operate from the most rudimentary conditions
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 04, 2015
NAF

Beegeagle.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 04, 2015
Nigeria Random

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
Random pictures(airforce service-men)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
NN ship NNS opkabana (ex USCGC gallatin) anchors on nigeria waters!
Picture courtesy Beegeagles blog !

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2015
NNS Okpabana

NNS Centenary is currently in Mauritius, en-route Simmons town, South-Africa or walvis bay Namibia.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
Honestly dis saddens my heart and its not good for d armies reputation :http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30672391
And its high time the top brass changes there tactics in handling BH cos its not gud to start d year like this !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by charlos14: 5:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
bidexiii:
Honestly dis saddens my heart and its not good for d armies reputation :http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30672391
And its high time the top brass changes there tactics in handling BH cos its not gud to start d year like this !

Their source is probably some illiterate villager who can't distinguish BH from a soldier. hear this, "they came in all directions and civilians fled halter scattered."

Really!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
charlos14:

Their source is probably some illiterate villager who can't distinguish BH from a soldier. hear this, "they came in all directions and civilians fled halter scattered."

Really!
Okay but its d role of d army to distinguish between d friendly and foe... To gain trust and able to get information !

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
bidexiii:
The situation will change. Your armed forces command high brass should not be blamed.

Majority of the problems come from the years of neglect.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
bidexiii:
Random pictures

Can anyone ID this APC/IFV and it's gun...Nigerian army what ? BTR-3 and gun looking unusual ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.