Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,397 members, 7,901,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:57 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6085506 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (2860) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 9:17am On Dec 29, 2014
Namibian Navy and Marine corps personnel

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 29, 2014
gottfried21:
Namibian Navy and Marine corps personnel

Namibian marines use the M-4, cool.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 9:24am On Dec 29, 2014
Some more

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 9:28am On Dec 29, 2014
Henry120:

Wikipedia doesn't say so wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 29, 2014
Real war

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2014
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 29, 2014
gottfried21:

Wikipedia doesn't say so wink

It sure as hell doesn't.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
Henry120:
An Unfamiliar N.A APC with cage armour.

Beegeagle.
@ henry120 his thaT a BTr-4E ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
bidexiii:

@ henry120 his thaT a BTr-4E ?

Yes man. Finally we are getting what we actually need.

A BTR-4E IFV with cage armour.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
Henry120:

Yes man. Finally we are getting what we actually need.

A BTR-4E IFV with cage armour.
Wow tnks man am basking now that's gud news
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
bidexiii:

For heaven sake why would you compare the apache with Mi-35 that is total wickedness ; if you want to do the right comparisom then compare the
Ka-52 kamov(allegator) or the Mi-28NE(Night hunter) ... That's the right comparisom though the mi-35 as being tested over time, people don't understand yet that the apache is an attack helicopter because its light and it can do maneauvers while the MI-35 is a Gunship, its a troop transport helo armed with canoons and rockets , and it can be used as support for infantry men and CION operation who does not av handheld SAM's ! In conclusion the apache is a full fled attack helo while the mi-35 hind is a multi-role functional helo.
Second on the abrams and T-90 issue I totally disagree with you that the Catheine sight on the T-90 is useless says Who .? Do u think the russians r like us,that will spend millions of naira on something and it will be useless at the end of the day, russians don't don't waste money on anything that will be useless. Here is a link that would confuse you on the T-90 vs abrams and I want you to read the session talking about the catherine sight on the T-90 very well : http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/what-america-can-learn-from-russias-cheap-but-deadly-t-1540829820
I respect your opinion.

Here is mine:
There is a reason a Ferrari cost more than a peugeot. Sure they are both cars, but the Ferrari out performs the peugeout.

Abrams and T-90 are solid MBTs, but they were built with different things in mind.

T-90s were built with attack in mind, so it had to be fast, light, agile, maneuverable, and cheap to produce because of its primary users Russia.

Abrams was designed to defend and attack, hence its complex(all multiroles are), heavy and expensive.
The T-90 traded survivability for speed, while the Abrams tried to retain both speed and survivability. Though it doesn't come cheap.

The issue of sighting and targeting system, I'm not saying the Catherine sigght is useless, but compared to the one on the Abrams it is.
Why??
The targeting system on the Abrams is its biggest edge because the Abram can't run around like the T-90, so it sits back like an old man and paints target farther and better than the catherine, and allows the stryker and bradleys IFV to do the mop up.
The T-90 blessed with speed has to work for its food. Fast, maneuverable and agile. The Catherine system on it is not useless, but you know modern warfare is all about First see first kill. the T-90 has to move and hope it paints the target first with the Catherine.

Abrams it is for me, not because I like western hardwares but because It is better in sight, armor, and most importantly survivability.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2014
Henry120:

what's cool about it?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
overhypedsteve:
what's cool about it?

I don't get it, this question is kinda odd.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
Henry120:

I don't get it, this question is kinda odd.
nor mind me joor, its just the antagonist to western wares in me that WS talking.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
M14A1:

I respect your opinion.

Here is mine:
There is a reason a Ferrari cost more than a peugeot. Sure they are both cars, but the Ferrari out performs the peugeout.

Abrams and T-90 are solid MBTs, but they were built with different things in mind.

T-90s were built with attack in mind, so it had to be fast, light, agile, maneuverable, and cheap to produce because of its primary users Russia.

Abrams was designed to defend and attack, hence its complex(all multiroles are), heavy and expensive.
The T-90 traded survivability for speed, while the Abrams tried to retain both speed and survivability. Though it doesn't come cheap.

The issue of sighting and targeting system, I'm not saying the Catherine sigght is useless, but compared to the one on the Abrams it is.
Why??
The targeting system on the Abrams is its biggest edge because the Abram can't run around like the T-90, so it sits back like an old man and paints target farther and better than the catherine, and allows the stryker and bradleys IFV to do the mop up.
The T-90 blessed with speed has to work for its food. Fast, maneuverable and agile. The Catherine system on it is not useless, but you know modern warfare is all about First see first kill. the T-90 has to move and hope it paints the target first with the Catherine.

Abrams it is for me, not because I like western hardwares but because It is better in sight, armor, and most importantly survivability.
Did u go tru that link ....?
The abrams as performed woefully if u don't know ; during operation desert storm, most of them where granded dey never witnessed any battle they where grounded half way: for one engine failure, track wearing out e.t.c the bradley IFV performed better than the abrams during the operation: the bradley ifv had the highest number of tank kill than the abram which is a MBT ?
But the T-90 on the other hand is rugged and highly manevourable and easy to maintain. Do you know what they call the T-90 the "FLYING FORTRESS"

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 7:27am On Dec 30, 2014
bidexiii:

The abrams as performed woefully if u don't know ; during operation desert storm, most of them where granded dey never witnessed any battle they where grounded half way: for one engine failure, track wearing out e.t.c the bradley IFV performed better than the abrams during the operation: the bradley ifv had the highest number of tank kill than the abram which is a MBT ?
But the T-90 on the other hand is rugged and highly manevourable and easy to maintain. Do you know what they call the T-90 the "FLYING FORTRESS"
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 7:28am On Dec 30, 2014
bidexiii:

I respect your opinion comrade

Here is mine:
The Abrams MBT from ab-initio was not an urban MBT, look at the Israeli Merkava MBT, from the get go it was fashioned to fit into urban warfare. While the Abrams was just designed as a total annihilator capable of stopping any possible adversary. It had to be thick in armor(heavy), incorporate the best of targeting, sighting, and cueing systems(expensive), and most importantly survive..
the first Abrams to participate in desert storm malfunctioned...yes, they had to be called back to factory for upgrades especially track upgrade. When they returned to the battle theatre the dominated the older soviet MBTs.

The T-90 was just an answer to the older T-series. Retaining the hull of the T-72 and fire control of the T-80, and newer ERA armor. So its easy to maintain(the T-72 was), cheap, and fast(it had a better power plant).

The comparism between the T-90 and Abrams is just like comparing a
Fresh officer, with muscles, speed, intelligence who just passed out of NDA and has never seen much action.
And
An old sergeant who is sluggish, but has lead attacks into the harshest and meanest of territories, conditioned himself to be a better fighter, and most importantly has an impressive kill record.

The abrams has evolved with time receiving vital upgrades to meet emerging threats. The Americans are not fools either making those upgrades.
For all we know with a better night fighting capability on the T-72, they are better than the T-90.
MBTs make their mark on the battle fields, not on paper, blogs, forums, or tank biathlons.
So until the T-90s face the type of threat the Abrams has, we can never gauge its true abilities.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:03am On Dec 30, 2014
Random pictures of rapid respond team

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 30, 2014
NA T-72.

Photo credit, dakingsman

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 30, 2014
Henry120:
An Unfamiliar N.A APC with cage armour.

Beegeagle.
when was this delivered?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fydence: 10:52am On Dec 30, 2014
Henry120:
NA T-72.

Photo credit, dakingsman
this should put ''PAID'' to some arguments about whether Nigeria has it or not...i hope... Aside that, it seems the NA is a never ending revelation...u never knw wht they have till they show u. The Nigerian Army is probably more secretive that the Secret Service..lolz na wa...

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:52am On Dec 30, 2014
Henry120:
NA T-72.

Photo credit, dakingsman
@ henry please help us with the full picture(more detail) of the new btr-4E with cage and how many units the NA as acquired !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
Nigerian Army BTR-4E IFV

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
iterator24:
when was this delivered?

I have no idea.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2014
fydence:
this should put ''PAID'' to some arguments about whether Nigeria has it or not...i hope... Aside that, it seems the NA is a never ending revelation...u never knw wht they have till they show u. The Nigerian Army is probably more secretive that the Secret Service..lolz na wa...

We saw N.A's T-55 tank for the first time, in 2013. This is a Tank we've had for 27- (28 years in 2015). So, before 2013, we only heard rumours of N.A T-55 for 26 years, not a single proof of evidence to show they existed.

N.A is filled with many surprises. Surprises that can both lift your Spirit and leave you in shame.

Thanks to community based reporting we do here in this thread, beegeagle's blog, and nairaland, we've been able to uncover a lot.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
Henry120:
Nigerian Army BTR-4E IFV
No dis is great I can't believe mi eyes well-done @henry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ukrainian APC-4 were
Tested in the Battle of
Sloviansk: RPGs, Bullets, and Mine
Fragments.

[img]http://storage1.censor./images/f/8/d/7/f8d7ca1f92995f04afe13551dc48bd11/640x454.jpg[/img]
[img]http://storage1.censor./images/e/2/2/8/e2287868ae4cc69d48dd1218a25794db/640x478.jpg[/img]

Near Sloviansk the terrorists repeatedly hit
the new Ukrainian APC-4E with mortars but
it survived and is ready for a new battle.

en.censor./photo_news/288451/ukrainian_apc4_were_tested_in_the_battle_of_sloviansk_rpgs_bullets_and_mine_fragments_photo

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
bidexiii:

@ henry please help us with the full picture(more detail) of the new btr-4E with cage and how many units the NA as acquired !

The BTR-4E is Nigeria's single most important asset procured to deal with this insurgency. It is more important than the Helos, T-72AV's, beryls and Igirigi.

We bought the most advanced BTR-4E in the market, the shakval module.

Crew: 1
Armament:
Automatic gun 1 x 30mm – 360rds stored
Grenade launcher 1 x 30 mm – 150rds stored
Machine gun 1 x 7.62 mm – 2000rds stored
Anti-tank missile system 9P135M Konkurs or Baryer - 2 missiles stored

It can swim and carries up to 9 fully armed troops. It's an amazing combat support vehicle, and like you, I hope we ordered at least 120 of these. Until we know actual figures, nobody at this stage knows how many we ordered.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by neighy(m): 10:28am On Dec 31, 2014
Henry120:

The BTR-4E is Nigeria's single most important asset procured to deal with this insurgency. It is more important than the Helos, T-72AV's, beryls and Igirigi.

We bought the most advanced BTR-4E in the market, the shakval module.

Crew: 1
Armament:
Automatic gun 1 x 30mm – 360rds stored
Grenade launcher 1 x 30 mm – 150rds stored
Machine gun 1 x 7.62 mm – 2000rds stored
Anti-tank missile system 9P135M Konkurs or Baryer - 2 missiles stored

It can swim and carries up to 9 fully armed troops. It's an amazing combat support vehicle, and like you, I hope we ordered at least 120 of these. Until we know actual figures, nobody at this stage knows how many we ordered.

Hmmm... Looks Rugged Dou....

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
Random pics

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
Happy New Year my fellow Nairalanders

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
Happy New year to all nairalanders who have contributed to this thread, with multiple lovely pictures, and insightful comments. may your 2015 be as Rich as this thread.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (2860) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.