Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,872 members, 7,876,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:44 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (930) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6051223 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) ... (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
chike00:
i know @patches and @greengold or wateva dey call themselves will have something to say but it never mattered to me kiss kiss. if we can list how many current conflicts happening in africa(from poachers to rebels to terrorism) the south african defence industry should be raking in arms contract like the angolans, nigerians algerians did with oil yrs back.. not just listing a few hundred missiles sold.
please i need answers from level headed southies why this is.

ghadaffi had missiles too...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 2:45pm On Jan 31, 2017
Henry240:

If I had a naira for everything I read that one, I'd have been a billionaire by now. cheesy cheesy

He is probably taking a rest, blowing off steam.

some of them were in politics cheering with the ipobians,a strange very strange bed partners...

especialy that green whatever joker...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nigerian navy Special Boat Service commandos during recent operations in Gambia.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2017
kikuyu1:

I long ago accepted the price of national development is a long running LIC with AS or rather their foreign backers. As sad as it is to say while this wasn't a near total fvuckup like El adde you win some you lose some-thats war!
My own info has 30 kdf kia with 70 AS dead. Rmbr these are better and smarter than the previous fighters who mainly got KIA or surrendered.
if they were able to ferry that OTO-Melara Mod 56 Italian-made 105 mm pack howitzer from that outpost ,they will be able to shell anything within 10 Km range
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
those china made WZ-551 APC's are useless,they dont even have run flat tires

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2017
Henry240:

If all the C-130s are brought back, our total operational fleet would be 6 C-130s. If we add the G-222s it would be 11.

However, if we plan on getting the CN-235, it would mean that the G-222s would soon be retired.

Another thing is, do we plan on replacing the DO-228s?
To me the DO-228s are already being replaced with king Airs at least unofficially in terms of roles assigned.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 3:17pm On Jan 31, 2017
kenpaul0:
All Nigerians in here supporting this nonsense should just stop it!!!!!! The Nigerian Military does not have the military might to take on all these countries...Hell, we may not even win a war against our neighbors chad!!!! We need to humble ourselves and slowly rebuild our capacity and not run around bragging!!!

Lol grin this is one argument I would love to be part of but I'm excercising a maximum level of restraint.

Someone even said Nigeria is the NATO of Africa grin
Sounds like something out of DC Comics Joker script. wink

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 31, 2017
The 7th and 8th Algerian Air Force MI-26 helicopters enroute Algeria.

Algeria ordered 14

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

To me the DO-228s are already being replaced with king Airs at least unofficially in terms of roles assigned.

All the 4 units of King Airs we have in service are currently rigged with ISR pods.

The DO-228s are deployed in Medevac and light transport role.

The King Air, ISR and light transport. Different roles, so which would be deployed for Medevac?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2017
A lot have happened here o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nigerian army exercise in Yobe 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by solbil: 3:46pm On Jan 31, 2017
GreenandGold:
Who would want to go to M7? Kenya? No ways.
a regional body.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
when others are talking about being Africa hegemonies,alqaeda and ISIS are thriving in this continent,even china,Russia and America as they tussle over who is going to be the world hegemony .alqaeda and ISIS continue to control more regions of this world
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 4:04pm On Jan 31, 2017
africaken254:
when others are talking about being Africa hegemonies,alqaeda and ISIS are thriving in this continent,even china,Russia and America as they tussle over who is going to be the world hegemony .alqaeda and ISIS continue to control more regions of this world

I wanted to know why Kenya and Swaziland use the same camouflage ... Do they buy it from you or?

Pic 1 : Swaziland

Pic 2 : Kenya

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by solbil: 4:04pm On Jan 31, 2017
kikuyu1:
Btw all you admiring the Senegalese a question: have you considered basic Naij/Senegal interoperability? If Jammehs guys resisted how would Ecomog have communicated assuming their radios were compatible? Some years back French observers on a Russian ship had to talk via sat phones cause of this issue?!
Also language. How many Naij speak French? How many Senegalese speak English? Imagine if the SBS had to call the Senegalese for night time support if a fire fight broke out at the palace!?

the NN has a school for service men. At that school, the service men can learn anything including languages like French, German, Spanish, Mandarin etc. So the Nigerian Armed Forces do not lack men in that area.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kauk: 4:07pm On Jan 31, 2017
tdayof:

Talking about drunk in love guys and selfie guys, can somebody give it to RSA grin grin

PS: I won't even reply your mention.
Dayo, the reason why you can't find pictures of Nigerian soilders posing with civilians, is because most of them are bunch of unprofessional armed thugs.
Code and ethics in the Nigerian military is dead, the best human rights violators in West Africa are in the Nigerian military.

https://www.nairaland.com/3602632/lady-brutalized-soldier-way-onitsha

This is one of such.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:13pm On Jan 31, 2017
Kauk:

Dayo, the reason why you can't find pictures of Nigerian soilders posing with civilians, is because most of them are bunch of unprofessional armed thugs.
Code and ethics in the Nigerian military is dead, the best human rights violators in West Africa are in the Nigerian military.

https://www.nairaland.com/3602632/lady-brutalized-soldier-way-onitsha

This is one of such.
There are alot of pictures of Nigerian military with civilians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
Henry240:

All the 4 units of King Airs we have in service are currently rigged with ISR pods.

The DO-228s are deployed in Medevac and light transport role.

The King Air, ISR and light transport. Different roles, so which would be deployed for Medevac?
Additional units can be acquired, the King Air is still the best contender don't you think so ? And I don't think I would be satisfied with the C-295 replacing the G.222s, the new C-27J spartan would better fulfill this roll in my opinion.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2017
GreenandGold:

I wanted to know why Kenya and Swaziland use the same camouflage ... Do they buy it from you or?

Pic 1 : Swaziland

Pic 2 : Kenya

Its British DPM cammo

Its very good, and you can get it cheap.

I think there are a couple of other African nations that use it: Tanzania, Malawi?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:19pm On Jan 31, 2017
africaken254:
those china made WZ-551 APC's are useless,they dont even have run flat tires

Its cheap for a reason.

Better than a Toyota Hilux though.... wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
Algerian Naval Forces Infantry Brigade in green with spanish navy special force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2017
GreenandGold:

You struggled with a less conventional force using Toyotas, I think I know more than enough.
oh now I get is southie vs naija tin here grin you don't deserve my reply

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
Tunisian police

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian Navy SBS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2017
Tunisia

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
Henry240:
@Airborne360 is the Air Force planning on bringing back the C-130s in Lagos?

I see that the original camouflage has been changed to grey, while the engines now have a red apron covering them.

Please any insights on your end?
yes baba ,that's has been the CAS anthem,resuscitation of fleets.i noticed them when we came in for the stimulation .kudos to our CAS
On a lighter note so you are among those who look in from MM2 car park ba grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 5:58pm On Jan 31, 2017
It's not the 1st time Nigeria has worked with the Senegalese. We worked with them in most ECOMOG engagements including training missions. And as Henry said the Nigerian military are surprisingly quite multilingual.

kikuyu1:
Btw all you admiring the Senegalese a question: have you considered basic Naij/Senegal interoperability? If Jammehs guys resisted how would Ecomog have communicated assuming their radios were compatible? Some years back French observers on a Russian ship had to talk via sat phones cause of this issue?!
Also language. How many Naij speak French? How many Senegalese speak English? Imagine if the SBS had to call the Senegalese for night time support if a fire fight broke out at the palace!?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 31, 2017
Its a noble quest bearing in mind the need for medium and Heavy lift capabilities

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2017
rugged7:

It's not the 1st time Nigeria has worked with the Senegalese. We worked with them in most ECOMOG engagements including training missions. And as Henry said the Nigerian military are surprisingly quite multilingual.

yes French is a course of study at NDA ,educational institutions for foreign languages abound from DHQ downward.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 31, 2017
Most of the colonials from the southern tip of Africa act like pained spoilt brats...Who took your candy?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 31, 2017
tdayof:

Jake, here they are, they are coming back. So if we add this 3 units, it would increase our lift capability considerably. 6 C-130s in all.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2017
Innonson vehicle in the front lines

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) ... (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.