Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:57 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) - Career (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (60274 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by OCTAVO: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2013
Wendyslim: I think having the first meeting in Lagos is ok but I will suggest a change of name to NGMAU os a lot of us here don't have a white colar job but are engaged in one thing or anoda(self employed or into trading). So I will like the op to have a second tot on the name.
The bolded is so true, cos I belong to that category.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by cdoffx(m): 11:03am On Aug 24, 2013
Ehixking please let me know if someone is already working on the association website cos i sent you an email requesting for article content the site will have since you're the brain behind everything but i didn't get any response from you.
About the name i support the suggestion of National Graduate Movement against Unemployment.
Since the major locations being debated are Lagos and Ibadan is it not possible the meeting takes place in the two city simultaneously. I think that would even send out a strong message of solidarity everywhere.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 11:06am On Aug 24, 2013
I think the name NGMAU will be better because it encompasses everybody employed or unemployed..

The name will interest companies, cooperate bodies to come to our aid because the name has our intention, motives and aims boldly written on it@ Ehix plss look into this....
Just a suggestion.......
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yinkaolu(m): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2013
ehixking:

Thanks for this great write up
Your request would be greatly considered

Great initiatives always start small. kudos to all that had contributed immensely to this thread. the new name suggested
NGMAU is better so that employed peeps can be part. I am so sure that unemployed ones today are CEOs tomorrow. my coming in is so late but with all my might I am in
TBS will be good though I reside in Ibadan
Know how we will go about getting media and government support
My humble contribution
Olayinka Ibadan
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Incrizz(f): 11:53am On Aug 24, 2013
[7
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
Incrizz:

Ehixking is our motivation. If he doesn't show up in Lagos, then, I RESERVE MY COMMENT.

Another suggestion, on the day of the meeting, dress code should be formal. If you don't have a suit or a formal/office attire, GO AND BORROW!
We wouldn't want to be perceived as touts or mere hungry Nigerians. Let's show what we really are in our dressing; intelligent and smart looking patriots!
Very correct
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
Incrizz:

Ehixking is our motivation. If he doesn't show up in Lagos, then, I RESERVE MY COMMENT.

Another suggestion, on the day of the meeting, dress code should be formal. If you don't have a suit or a formal/office attire, GO AND BORROW!
We wouldn't want to be perceived as touts or mere hungry Nigerians. Let's show what we really are in our dressing; intelligent and smart looking patriots!

Wagbayi bro... www.thatsjustit.com

Coz I know that day government officials, news caster and representative from different companies will come around to really know whether we are serious minded people or just another set of hungry people who are just willing to constitute nuisance and disrupt the peace of the environment.. " Appearance shows Manner"
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
Incrizz:

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2013
For the venue,we don't need a place where we'll have to pay.An open field is even ok. @Incrizz pls could you help us confirm that of TBS&National stadium,while i check out the National theatre as a last option(the former will make more sense).Just walk up 2 the relevant authourity there n explain our intentions,giving date.If they talk of payment,just plead with them n let them know we cant afford it,as unemployed peepz,but that doesn't mean we won't roger them something,no matter how small.Can u do that,please?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2013
National Association of Unemployed Graduates..lol funny indeed undecided
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by damoobaba: 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
More peeps are voting Lagos.If u have a befitting and central location or u want to assist in the organization so as to have a successful meeting,please indicate on our forums (Nairaland,BBM or Facebook) before voting closes.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Onono198: 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
Pls has anybody receive an interview mesage 4m greater washington limited 2 behold on monday, at 45 opebi Ikeja?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
Thank God for Democracy. Every decision here shld be taken based on debate and the majority carries the vote. Now two great names have been suggested as a replacement to the previous one posted by 'ehis'. Let's debate critically and objectively on the underlisted names so to pick the most broaden one for the group.

1) NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN GRADUATES AGAINST UNEMPLOYMENT (NANGAU)

2) NIGERIAN GRADUATES' MOVEMENT AGAINST UNEMPLOYMENT (NGMAU)

Vote yours objectively by which you support by stating on the page and let's arrive at best. Remember, majority carries the vote!

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2013
Onono198: Hi evry1, I'm new 2 dis forum pls were do I start 4m because I'm also a graduate tanx.

You are welcome! Just drop ur info e.g. location and perhaps contact no. If u have any good suggestions abt the group, post it here. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by damoobaba: 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
RedBenson: Thank God for Democracy. Every decision here shld be taken based on debate and the majority carries the vote. Now two great names have been suggested as a replacement to the previous one posted by 'ehis'. Let's debate critically and objectively on the underlisted names so to pick the most broaden one for the group.

1) NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN GRADUATES AGAINST UNEMPLOYMENT (NANGAU)

2) NIGERIAN GRADUATES' MOVEMENT AGAINST UNEMPLOYMENT (NGMAU)

Vote yours objectively by which you support by stating on the page and let's arrive at best. Remember, majority carries the vote!

All these should be part of the AGENDA for the meeting.at the meeting,everybody will get d opportunity to say his/her mind.We'll even take online comments and suggestion during d meeting.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by obas01(m): 1:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
I suggest we start frm Lagos.as majority carry d vote
Who can Volunteer(s) location to be use within Lagos as there is no fund on ground by the group to get a Hall for now . Any Volunteer ?
Lez start from there,
I pray politician will not use this group as a campaigning platform to cause disunity among us all.
Cos they are watching our progress. Forward , Peace.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by OCTAVO: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
damoobaba:

All these should be part of the AGENDA for the meeting.at the meeting,everybody will get d opportunity to say his/her mind.We'll even take online comments and suggestion during d meeting.
You are very correct! That should be trashed out at the meeting.
I will also suggest we should try to do live video streaming of the meeting so that those far away will be able to watch from their various locations and will be able to comment on this thread in real time. We have technology at our disposal to make the meeting a success. We can achieve this I believe.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by OCTAVO: 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
I will also suggest we should try to do live video streaming of the meeting so that
those far away will be able to watch from
their various locations and will be able to
comment on this thread in real time. We
have technology at our disposal to make
the meeting a success. We can achieve this
I believe.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
Yinkaolu:

Great initiatives always start small. kudos to all that had contributed immensely to this thread. the new name suggested
NGMAU is better so that employed peeps can be part. I am so sure that unemployed ones today are CEOs tomorrow. my coming in is so late but with all my might I am in
TBS will be good though I reside in Ibadan
Know how we will go about getting media and government support
My humble contribution
Olayinka Ibadan
@olayinka where do u stay in ibadan!!!pls give me a call

Please special shout out to all those in ibadan please give me a call (so we know how to mobilize for our trip to lagos if its gonna hold there)
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Incrizz(f): 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
Incrizz:

Yes I can and I am about to but that will be for the stadium. Whenever I pass by TBS, which may not be this week, I will try find out too.

More people and contacts please

A million is never too much

Tell a friend to tell a friend

Nothing is stopping our meetings

Y'all can bring along what should constitute the constitution

Topics to be discussed
1) Change of Name or not if yes to what
2)Lagos delegates would be chosen
3)Speakers to represent the forum
4)Way forward
5)Do we need to sort for sponsors/
6) Web site design and managements
7) Those interseted in the web design should all come around

Pray and fast for the success of the meeting
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by REXtern: 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
if u need work quickly no matter your feild. send a text message containing ur name number and address to jobsatwellness@gmail.com. u will be answered quickly. thanks.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2013
cdoffx: Ehixking please let me know if someone is already working on the association website cos i sent you an email requesting for article content the site will have since you're the brain behind everything but i didn't get any response from you.
About the name i support the suggestion of National Graduate Movement against Unemployment.
Since the major locations being debated are Lagos and Ibadan is it not possible the meeting takes place in the two city simultaneously. I think that would even send out a strong message of solidarity everywhere.

Call me, please...07030717445
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Incrizz(f): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2013
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
ehixking:

More people and contacts please

A million is never too much

Tell a friend to tell a friend

Nothing is stopping our meetings

Y'all can bring along what should constitute the constitution

Topics to be discussed
1) Change of Name or not if yes to what
2)Lagos delegates would be chosen
3)Speakers to represent the forum
4)Way forward
5)Do we need to sort for sponsors/
6) Web site design and managements
7) Those interseted in the web design should all come around

Pray and fast for the success of the meeting

Ehix, good work u've done so far. But i didnt see debate abt mission and vission statement of the group in ur list there.

Will this group also be opened to OND/NCE holders?

Shld participants also come along with thier individuals drafted mission/vision/constitution copies?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
RedBenson:

Ehix, good work u've done so far. But i didnt see debate abt mission and vission statement of the group in ur list there.

Will this group also be opened to OND/NCE holders?

Shld participants also come along with thier individuals drafted mission/vision/constitution copies?

Its opened to any acedemic degree holder those that studied home or abroad
And the mission and vision statement have been drafted already but still opened to amendments,additions and subtractions
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by cdoffx(m): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
ehixking:

Call me, please...07030717445
alright bro. Expect my call by monday or tomorrow. But most likely it going to be monday.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
Incrizz: Venue is not free. Negotiations could not be made because personnel in charge was not on seat.
This is true for Teslim Balogun stadium and National stadium.

Eku ise ooo
Ok. Since thats your route,you can still check back anytime as we still think of other options. I'll check out national theatre 2mr. well done bro.
Any other person that can help in venue issue should not hesitate please.All hands on deck
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lagos people please provide us with venues before noon on monday so we travelling would be able to plan and make things happen
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by dougivilla(m): 10:53pm On Aug 24, 2013
ehixking:

Please special shout out to all those in ibadan please give me a call (so we know how to mobilize for our trip to lagos if its gonna hold there)
While I concede the fact that its important to get as much people from across the nation in attendance to the inaugural and open ended meeting, I'd like to make the follwing suggesstions in addition:

1. The Lagos venue should be used. Lagosian Nairalanders will be the major attendees,and we should trust that they would be able to take decisions for the group. However @ehixking must personally be in attendance in Lagos.

b. The agenda and periodic progress report/update should be put up online for contributions from and information to those that may not be able to go down to Lagos.

2. The name should be changed, modified or expanded to reflect the suggestions made earlier in order to also include some of us that are gainfuly employed/employers of Labour, but are quite sympathetic to this course!

3. The level of seriousness of the group, particularly that of the project driver, will determine the media attention we will attract and the sucess level we will achieve

4. Those that have suggestions or contributions iro the meeting such as how we can get free or highly subsidized venue, press, security and other logistic coverages, as well as 'item 7' (costs), monetary donations etc should get directly in touch with the originator of this movement.

5. Lets not get involved in too many things at the same time. It should be one step at a time. For now and until after the meeting, make your suggestions to the visioneer, let him call the shots. If he decides some issues should be put to debate, so be it. Its wrong for contributors to start asking us to click the 'like' or 'unlike' button or request for bb pins. Or create and refer us to other social media links. Let them all come from @ehixking, for now!

6. For me, I think the originator should reach out to some of the contributors so far, based on his perception of their willingness and availability to work with him in driving this vision, with a view to decentralising responsibilities; so he would not be distracted. He could also arrange for a meeting with them prior to the larger more sophisticated meeting, to put things in order!

Congrats once again @ehixking for this noble idea. I'll call u up by tomorrow or monday!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by dougivilla(m): 10:53pm On Aug 24, 2013
ehixking:

While I concede the fact that its important to get as much people from across the nation in attendance to the inaugural and open ended meeting, I'd like to make the follwing suggesstions in addition:

1. The Lagos venue should be used. Lagosian Nairalanders will be the major attendees,and we should trust that they would be able to take decisions for the group. However @ehixking must personally be in attendance in Lagos.

b. The agenda and periodic progress report/update should be put up online for contributions from and information to those that may not be able to go down to Lagos.

2. The name should be changed, modified or expanded to reflect the suggestions made earlier in order to also include some of us that are gainfuly employed/employers of Labour, but are quite sympathetic to this course!

3. The level of seriousness of the group, particularly that of the project driver, will determine the media attention we will attract and the sucess level we will achieve

4. Those that have suggestions or contributions iro the meeting such as how we can get free or highly subsidized venue, press, security and other logistic coverages, as well as 'item 7' (costs), monetary donations etc should get directly in touch with the originator of this movement.

5. Lets not get involved in too many things at the same time. It should be one step at a time. For now and until after the meeting, make your suggestions to the visioneer, let him call the shots. If he decides some issues should be put to debate, so be it. Its wrong for contributors to start asking us to click the 'like' or 'unlike' button or request for bb pins. Or create and refer us to other social media links. Let them all come from @ehixking, for now!

6. For me, I think the originator should reach out to some of the contributors so far, based on his perception of their willingness and availability to work with him in driving this vision, with a view to decentralising responsibilities; so he would not be distracted. He could also arrange for a meeting with them prior to the larger more sophisticated meeting, to put things in order!

Congrats once again @ehixking for this noble idea. I'll call u up by tomorrow or monday!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply)

Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / Male Graduate Sells Food In Anambra After His Deportation From South Africa. Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.