Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,211 members, 7,880,775 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:37 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) - Career (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (60168 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by OCTAVO: 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
If anyone can stream this event in lagos, it will make a lot of sense!
I expect us to think in this direction in order to carry everyone along and not be one sided.
We all use sophisticated devices at least with the advent of Android phones and blackberry smartphones, this is achievable. Let's think like graduates pls! And not organise meeting like meat or pepper sellers!
That's why we are graduates. This is how meetings and conferences are held abroad.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 2:47am On Aug 25, 2013
Thanks for the wise and well thougt of ideas
I would be expecting your call
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 2:56am On Aug 25, 2013
Note that the meeting must kick off these week, whatever it will cost I know God would provide and I pray for a massive turn out

But not withstanding even if its only 10 members present the kicking off meeting must be held....so our brothers in other part Nigeria can see its not a joke and we stand for all and for one
Please this is a special calling to all those in lagos, its outskirt,Abokuta,sango ota,ibadan,oyo,ife and its environs should try against all odds to attend the meeting...thanks
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 5:28am On Aug 25, 2013
Nassarawa state governor Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S could provide jobs for youths
Imagine .........for these reason we should all be focused and fight unemployment since the money is there to create jobs
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ibscrib: 10:06am On Aug 25, 2013
A large turnout would really make sense plus targeting a saturday perhaps would just be fine. Guys don't relent...if not for this generation, let it be for the sake of the yet unborn moreover this is what the govt wants...

May God assist us
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by obynowhizzy: 10:32am On Aug 25, 2013
When is the meeting and where will it take place cos its likely ℓ̊ would be in lagos this week and ℓ̊'ll be very hapi to see men that thinks alike cos that how its been. Kaycee Obinna from Port Harcourt, Thank U̶̲̥̅̊
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 11:28am On Aug 25, 2013
ibscrib: A large turnout would really make sense plus targeting a saturday perhaps would just be fine. Guys don't relent...if not for this generation, let it be for the sake of the yet unborn moreover this is what the govt wants...

May God assist us

Good idea for the day of the commencement of the meeting in lagos...
Everyone would likely be free on saturdays
Please "should the meeting schedulled for wednesday be shitfed to saturday"

And I haven't gotten any news about the venue from Lagosians...please we need to do something fast
And as per the website please those that showed interest should call me immediately
Thanks
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by clun(f): 1:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
I SUGGEST YOU HOLD IT ON WEDNESDAY NOT WEEKEND SO THAT THE ATTENDANTS WILL BE REALLY UNEMPLOYED.

SINCE U HAVE CONCLUDED ON THE VENUE(LAGOS).I SPEAK ON BEHALF OF SOUTH EASTHERNERS, WE HAVE SO MUCH INTEREST IN THIS BUT CAN'T AFFORD TO TRAVEL THAT FAR. PLEASE TRY AS MUCH AS U CAN TO KEEP US ABREAST. THANKS.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
Suggestions for the day of meeting......
And venue ooooo. lagos people........
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
ehixking: Suggestions for the day of meeting......
And venue ooooo. lagos people........

Saturday is really a better day to pull a large crowd be it employed or unemployed and that will make it look serious with the number of attendees. Let it be on saturday pls!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by obas01(m): 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
Suggestion ....can we use any of the sch in Lagos Unilag, Lasu , Laspotect (isolo campus) or yabatech? Since the group has no fund on group for a hall.
And if there is anybody that can Volunteer a better venue pls do dat an time.. Urgent response pls so we can quickly contact pple incharge
.. No time .
#Peace.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 7:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
Lagosians are not responding .....

This to me doesn't look like a joke

Let's hear ur response concerning the venue and time its very important..just 3 people have spoken and well that's just a very insignificant no of people
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by OCTAVO: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
This meeting may eventually hold in IBADAN if Lagos peeps do not respond.
And I'll gladly make it to Ibadan. cheesy
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by obas01(m): 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
There as been agreement to d venue by the group on BBm, it was suggest we use Unilag sport center... Is dat ok,ar we good to go?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by obas01(m): 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
cool
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
The solution to joblessness in Nigeria is for youths to start learning one vocation or the other like fxtrading and web design so as to become independent entrepreneurs creating jobs for people like them who aren't smart enough to do so.If you are interested in learning forex trading free of charge, I repeat free of charge please call me 08051160143
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 9:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
It was suggested that we use Unilag Sports Centre but my fear now is will the school authority allow us to use there campus for that purpose because there is an ongoing strike and seeing people gathering inside campus premises will give another meaning entirely.....

Secondly, we need delegates to go and make inquiry about the place whether its free of charge, I would have volunteer to go myself but I base in Ibadan... So if we can get feedback ASAP then we are good to go and if there's nothing between now and Tuesday then we can shift our attention to Ibadan coz there are numerous places we can use in Ibadan without paying a dine... Trust me

Lastly, I will suggest we use Saturday for the meeting because we will all be chance to be there (employed and the unemployed)...

I stand to be corrected Oooo...... #peace
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by OCTAVO: 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ibadan things...
Pls lagos guys, do something na.
We need to be selfless in this clarion call.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by dougivilla(m): 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
Its typical of Nigerians to blow hot when its talk time and freeze when its time for action. I spoke with the op and was shocked to learn that those who intially volunteered to take up responsibilities like website designs and stuffs have turned round to be asking for money. Question is who pays the op for the initiative and his time and energy put into this cause?

How different is this from government agencies that sell employment forms to the unemployed or collect thousands of naira to assist the unsuspecting unemployed get jobs. We must be the agent of the change we so desire.

I think what this association needs is volunteers who can contribute selflessly for the betterment of itself; afterall up until now, its still an association on unemployed Nigerians. Why are youths always so much about the 'get it now now' mentality?

Imagine that @ehixking (probably an unemployed youth too) has to dole out cash to pay for meeting venue, pay to build a website, pay for every logistic, including transporting fellow unemployed and providing free 'item 7' and accomodation to attendees, all because 'he has a dream'!!! Please lets look at the bigger picture!

Back to business; i suggest meeting should be on a saturday morning at a hall in any tetiary institution in Lagos. However, if the turn out is'nt too much, then an eatery would not be a bad idea!!! Baring any unforseen situation, I will be there! @ehixking Maybe you should start taking the 'row call' to determine the suitable location and arrangements!

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by OCTAVO: 10:56pm On Aug 25, 2013
I'm disappointed at those requesting for money to build website for the association! Who do they expect to pay for that? The Op? Nawa o. An association like this requires a selfless sacrifice o.
Now you want to profit from an association of unemployed graduate again? Smh naija!
I know for sure that at a point money will spring up some issues!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 2:27am On Aug 26, 2013
I promised to check out on the national theatre on sunday but i've not been ok healthwise,a reason i'm awake by this time of the night. Plz those bringing up campus ideas,that would be most wonderful. Plz u guys shld follow up. its just a matter of simple conviction,they'll allow us. For the day,whichever more people clamour for,that we shall accept. And for those asking for money,you are nt worthy to be a part of this movement.May God restore my health,amen.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 3:20am On Aug 26, 2013
dougivilla: Its typical of Nigerians to blow hot when its talk time and freeze when its time for action. I spoke with the op and was shocked to learn that those who intially volunteered to take up responsibilities like website designs and stuffs have turned round to be asking for money. Question is who pays the op for the initiative and his time and energy put into this cause?

How different is this from government agencies that sell employment forms to the unemployed or collect thousands of naira to assist the unsuspecting unemployed get jobs. We must be the agent of the change we so desire.

I think what this association needs is volunteers who can contribute selflessly for the betterment of itself; afterall up until now, its still an association on unemployed Nigerians. Why are youths always so much about the 'get it now now' mentality?

Imagine that @ehixking (probably an unemployed youth too) has to dole out cash to pay for meeting venue, pay to build a website, pay for every logistic, including transporting fellow unemployed and providing free 'item 7' and accomodation to attendees, all because 'he has a dream'!!! Please lets look at the bigger picture!

Back to business; i suggest meeting should be on a saturday morning at a hall in any tetiary institution in Lagos. However, if the turn out is'nt too much, then an eatery would not be a bad idea!!! Baring any unforseen situation, I will be there! @ehixking Maybe you should start taking the 'row call' to determine the suitable location and arrangements!

Thanks a lot
I've been tryna call,some response has been fine but most have been discouraging but we shall not give up on our dreams, I shall call all those that dropped their nos from lagos tomorow morning so as to know how prepared we are to face these challenges

For now the venue is the unilag sport centre on saturday by 9AM prompt
If I can make it on time from ibadan by Gods grace I don't think any one in lagos should be late
The issue of african time can be stopped Now and it begins with us-its indeed a bad habits. Let's us all try to be puntual so at least get to know oneabother before the meeting starts
I love you all!!!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 3:30am On Aug 26, 2013
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 26, 2013
I see this meeting as a successful one already and nothing shall hinder it in anyway. Amen!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 8:57am On Aug 26, 2013
ehixking:

Thanks a lot
I've been tryna call,some response has been fine but most have been discouraging but we shall not give up on our dreams, I shall call all those that dropped their nos from lagos tomorow morning so as to know how prepared we are to face these challenges

For now the venue is the unilag sport centre on saturday by 9AM prompt
If I can make it on time from ibadan by Gods grace I don't think any one in lagos should be late
The issue of african time can be stopped Now and it begins with us-its indeed a bad habits. Let's us all try to be puntual so at least get to know oneabother before the meeting starts
I love you all!!!

Where in Ibadan do you reside?

Can we meet before Saturday and make some arrangement probably we that are going from Ibadan, we meet at specific place and charter a bus and we all move together......

Just a suggestion.....
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by damoobaba: 10:49am On Aug 26, 2013
Pls,are there any efforts being made to get the ASUU chairman (Unilag chapter) in attendance? Or is it going to b after d 1st meeting? Its nt out of place if we key into ASUU's struggles to prevent Nigerian graduates from being d subject of universal mockery. Rememba we r products of Nigerian universities.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 10:56am On Aug 26, 2013
hey people just got these from Dammy one of our correspondent from Lagos and the text goes thus

Ds is dammy frm d bbm group, just to remind that d time scheduled of 9am for saturday might not be possible cos of d monthly enviromental sanitation exercise holding in lagos.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by damoobaba: 10:59am On Aug 26, 2013
I strongly feel there will be monthly sanitation this weekend.there4 dat 9am will nt be feasible.Let's think and act fast peeps.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 11:09am On Aug 26, 2013
Is there anything stopping us after the sanitation?

Hence, we fix the meeting for 12:00pm.....
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 11:16am On Aug 26, 2013
Since friday muslims would go for jumat service
On saturday is environmental
Sundays christian would go to church
And mondays are always busy and fixed

May be we should take our time and make it next week saturday so we would be able to mobilize ourselves better.....

We are very sorry for any inconviences this may have caused us.
Suggestions can still keep coming
We need more numbers from interested members and those that might not wanna display their numbers on social network can send a mail to me
Ehixking@yahoo.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 26, 2013
ehixking: Since
friday muslims would go for jumat service
On saturday is environmental
Sundays christian would go to church
And mondays are always busy and fixed

May be we should take our time and make it next week saturday so we
would be able to mobilize ourselves better.....

We are very sorry for any inconviences this may have caused us.
Suggestions can still keep coming
We need more numbers from interested members and those that might not
wanna display their numbers on social network can send a mail to me
Ehixking@yahoo.com

Why shifting it when the meeting can still be held at 12:noon on that saturday after sanitation?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
RedBenson:

Why shifting it when the meeting can still be held at 12:noon on that saturday after sanitation?

How about those coming from others states that have nowhere to stay

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) / How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked / Who Has Used Victor Ola ( Noieltsexams) Canadian Program

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.