Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,088 members, 7,970,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:09 AM

Is There Anything Like Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like Atheism (710 Views)

Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Like Atheism by ikeugbo(m): 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
One of the biggest lies we tell ourselves is that there is no GOD, this is just in a bid to live a care free life and placate our souls who fear the unknown. We do not want to be told what to do, yet we obey human laws, if there was no GOD then why obey men, if I was an atheist I would act unruly, kill maim, commit all forms of immoralities after all no one is going to judge me as I believe. We say man evolved, why haven't the apes evolved ever since or how did the apes come about, did a force create them them who is behind the force. The truth is man's soul would never be satisfied with what it sees on this earth that's why they keep on searching to their death groping like blind men who refuse the light offered them which is JESUS. Everyone belives and to believe is something that can't be touched so why believe if there is no GOD as belief has no fact to back it up scientifically. If you say there is no GOD then eat live for you die tomorrow who told you that you would see tomorrow O' atheist who is making appointments with men believing he would wake. What wakes you up explain it scientifically which part of the body is the alrm or bells. Who is the time keeper and which part of the body wants to sleep @ night. Atheism is just a big lie that we would to think hard before accepting or following just because we want to shut up our consciences which judge us when we sin. GOD exists and HIS SON is JESUS come and receive rest for your struggles and HE would love you or you would face HIS wrath in heaven
Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
With due respect, yoir talk here is ill-thought out. Apparently you know little about their stance or how to engage it.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by ikeugbo(m): 7:01am On Aug 14, 2013
Their stance is that the GOD factor is all a mirage, maybe probably because of a situation or a theory but sincerely everything can't just happen due to one chemical reaction or creation, you either believe in one thing or the other either you believe in a GOD everyone knows or you believe in a god no one knows as you can't search out the end of it all. So atheism is not true but another form of religion that tells you don't believe in a god but yourself there making you a god so they all still believe in the true GOD or another god (themselves)
Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by mazaje(m): 7:06am On Aug 14, 2013
Let me break it down for you. . .God is a man made idea that is why every society and culture creates its own god and try to sell it unto others. . .You said god is real, eh. . Which of the gods?. .. Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Panku, Zeus, Adamedia, Ra, Amun, etc. . .Which of them created the universe and where is the evidence?. . .

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by mcfynest(m): 8:51am On Aug 14, 2013
THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD BUT THEY BELIEVE IN NATURE. WHAT IS THAT NATURE? CONFUSED FELLOWS
Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 9:08am On Aug 14, 2013
mazaje: Let me break it down for you. . .God is a man made idea that is why every society and culture creates its own god and try to sell it unto others. . .You said god is real, eh. . Which of the gods?. .. Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Panku, Zeus, Adamedia, Ra, Amun, etc. . .Which of them created the universe and where is the evidence?. . .

This line of thinking is bent. Most rrligions share the sane CORE conception of God as the Creator of the material universe.
Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by mazaje(m): 9:15am On Aug 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

This line of thinking is bent. Most rrligions share the sane CORE conception of God as the Creator of the material universe.

Hope you know that there are monotheist and polytheist. . .The Hindus have pantheon of gods for example. . .How is my thinking bent?. . .Even the monotheist have very different concept of god. . .Does the op believe in allah?. . .I know he doesn't but can he show that Yahweh created the universe and not Allah?. . .

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by ikeugbo(m): 11:07am On Aug 14, 2013
The line of thought is that there is a GOD, how you wish to follow HIM is as a result of how ro where you were brought up or the family in which you were born! Ut to say there isn't is something strange to accept because, the theories propounded by darwin and others are believed as true thereby making them gods by those who believe them. If you believe Darwin's theory of evolution and follow it you are no different from him that is hindu and follows the rules laid down or Buddhist or muslim and christians which I am. GOD is real and exist. Check youtube and see an argument by scientists on BBC about darwin's theory which they disputed as false because of the simple orderliness of the birds feathers which they said can only be done by someone whose wisdom is far above man's if we don't understand or comprehend then we say there is no GOD. Who created the earth is to be judged by the records of all books and which one predicts the present world and all that happens in it. I am not only a christian by birth but by soul searching and facts as the proofs are there to see. Atheism should give me one reason not to believe as even darwin's theory failed if not apes would have become men constantly and not stop or evolution should stop because creation hasn't stopped who tell me the moon to stay till night or who holds the stars or who keeps the sun from falling on earth or who can tell of tomorrow yet some can tell and you see it happening that our minds can't fathom should make us to dispute what we can't see. We would keep searching for we are not meant to be satisfied with what we see on earth
Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 11:27am On Aug 14, 2013
mazaje:

Hope you know that there are monotheist and polytheist. . .The Hindus have pantheon of gods for example. . .How is my thinking bent?. . .Even the monotheist have very different concept of god. . .Does the op believe in allah?. . .I know he doesn't but can he show that Yahweh created the universe and not Allah?. . .

I hope you know monotheism sprang from monotheism and that even some major polytheist religions believed in an all-encompassing deity. The Ifa religion is the best example I know of this. Your thinking is bent because it ignores the concept MOST religionists share of God as the Creator. Heck ! Even Jainists and Buddhists believe in God (never mind the religions didn't originally addressed the issue).
Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by jayriginal: 12:03pm On Aug 14, 2013
ikeugbo: [s]if I was an atheist I would act unruly, kill maim, commit all forms of immoralities after all no one is going to judge me as I believe.
[/s]
I want to act unruly, kill maim, commit all forms of immoralities but I am scared of going to hell that is why I dont do these things. I am a terrible human being.

Fixed!

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by ikeugbo(m): 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
There is no need of the story of a terrible human being, after all there would be no conscience to judge and no law to follow when I act unruly,maim or kill unless you guys are saying that atheism is a religion that doesn't want to accept other people's gods or GOD then they have their own god and believe in him then they believe there is a god or GOD somewhere. Laws stems from religion believing it was given to us by GOD or some gods according to others why follow a law when I am a god then you believe in what GOD said which most laws gets their origin from unless you want to state a country where their laws doesn't have anything to do with GOD or have its origin from GOD. JESUS is real so GOD is real
Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by mazaje(m): 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
[quote author=Uyi Iredia]

I hope you know monotheism sprang from monotheism and that even some major polytheist religions believed in an all-encompassing deity. The Ifa religion is the best example I know of this. Your thinking is bent because it ignores the concept MOST religionists share of God as the Creator. Heck ! Even Jainists and Buddhists believe in God (never mind the religions didn't originally addressed the issue).[/quote

God concepts are not all the same, all god concepts remain man made simple. . .Creator means nothing because it remains a human idea and conception. . .

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by mazaje(m): 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
ikeugbo: The line of thought is that there is a GOD, how you wish to follow HIM is as a result of how ro where you were brought up or the family in which you were born! Ut to say there isn't is something strange to accept because, the theories propounded by darwin and others are believed as true thereby making them gods by those who believe them. If you believe Darwin's theory of evolution and follow it you are no different from him that is hindu and follows the rules laid down or Buddhist or muslim and christians which I am. GOD is real and exist. Check youtube and see an argument by scientists on BBC about darwin's theory which they disputed as false because of the simple orderliness of the birds feathers which they said can only be done by someone whose wisdom is far above man's if we don't understand or comprehend then we say there is no GOD. Who created the earth is to be judged by the records of all books and which one predicts the present world and all that happens in it. I am not only a christian by birth but by soul searching and facts as the proofs are there to see. Atheism should give me one reason not to believe as even darwin's theory failed if not apes would have become men constantly and not stop or evolution should stop because creation hasn't stopped who tell me the moon to stay till night or who holds the stars or who keeps the sun from falling on earth or who can tell of tomorrow yet some can tell and you see it happening that our minds can't fathom should make us to dispute what we can't see. We would keep searching for we are not meant to be satisfied with what we see on earth

Pls what are you saying?. . .

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by jayriginal: 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
ikeugbo: There is no need of the story of a terrible human being, after all there would be no conscience to judge and no law to follow when I act unruly,maim or kill unless you guys are saying that atheism is a religion that doesn't want to accept other people's gods or GOD then they have their own god and believe in him then they believe there is a god or GOD somewhere. Laws stems from religion believing it was given to us by GOD or some gods according to others why follow a law when I am a god then you believe in what GOD said which most laws gets their origin from unless you want to state a country where their laws doesn't have anything to do with GOD or have its origin from GOD. JESUS is real so GOD is real

Kindly use paragraphs when you type. It makes you more legible.

So ikeugbo, is it not true that the only thing that stops you from doing these things is your religion?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2013
mazaje: ...

That doesn't hamper my point of a common conception of God which trounces the usual atheist talk of which God is being discussed. You do know they are lots of man-made concepts undetectable in theory which are accepted eg hyperspace.
Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by ikeugbo(m): 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2013
Religion does not stop me from doing this, my relationship with JESUS did a long time ago, previously I did and HE took it all away
Atheism too is man made concept as when we can not understand we make up that it doesn't exist. I have understood and I believe not only believe but experienced and willing to go deeper with CHRIST JESUS
The mind can not fathom or figure out GOD because HIS ways are past finding out so when we cant find it with our minds we have to believe in our hearts as when we believe then we see the facts and know that HE is HE was and HE is to come
Re: Is There Anything Like Atheism by jayriginal: 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2013
ikeugbo: Religion does not stop me from doing this, my relationship with JESUS did a long time ago, previously I did and HE took it all away
Atheism too is man made concept as when we can not understand we make up that it doesn't exist. I have understood and I believe not only believe but experienced and willing to go deeper with CHRIST JESUS
The mind can not fathom or figure out GOD because HIS ways are past finding out so when we cant find it with our minds we have to believe in our hearts as when we believe then we see the facts and know that HE is HE was and HE is to come

Ok, religion doesnt stop you, its your relationship with Jesus that stops you?

Is this correct?

(1) (Reply)

My People I Need Interpretations To My Dream / Share Your Pilgrimage Experiences Here. / Have You Ever Had Any Dreams Or Visions Of Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.