Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,917 members, 7,922,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 10:29 PM

419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture (8359 Views)

New Tricks Scammers Use At ATM Points To Transfer Your Cash From Your Phone / Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! / Victims Lost $9.3 Billion To 419 Scammers In 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Orikinla(m): 5:34pm On May 29, 2006
Genevieve Nnaji's Fame Abused By 419 Internet Scammers

I don't know if anyone on Nairaland has taken up this very important and urgent matter of the abuse and misuse of Genevieve Nnaji's Fame by 419 Internet Scammers.

I cannot post all the exhibits here. You can read more and see more exhibits on this website investigating the fraud by one Miss Young.
http://419.bittenus.com/GenevieveNnjadi/index.htm

Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by lauryn(f): 5:37pm On May 29, 2006
Thats what her ass gets.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Orikinla(m): 6:18pm On May 29, 2006
You don't know how dangerous this is?

Most White people don't know who is Genevieve Nnaji and these White people are always the target of these notorious Internet Scammers and they could be fooled and end mistaking Genevieve Nnaji for a criminal or a participant in the crime of 419 Internet Scams.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by lauryn(f): 6:22pm On May 29, 2006
Thats still what her ass gets.
She wants to be famous right. Well she needs to deal with it
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Badman888(m): 6:30pm On May 29, 2006
if you are famous you have to suffer many things, that what you get
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by lauryn(f): 6:33pm On May 29, 2006
Thats right!
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Seun(m): 6:33pm On May 29, 2006
Actually, they know the truth about Genevieve Nnaji:
Her pictures are also used by scammers in Advance Fee Fraud and on dating sites. She is in no way connected to these scams. The scammers use her pictures without her permission. The Franca Yormie and Rosemary Beko stories are examples of such scams.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Orikinla(m): 6:36pm On May 29, 2006
Well, I just called one the top actors in Nollywood and he has not heard of it.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Badman888(m): 6:42pm On May 29, 2006
Orikinla:

Well, I just called one the top actors in Nollywood and he has not heard of it.

they are not a family, that they woyld know everything about themselves
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by lauryn(f): 6:42pm On May 29, 2006
Thats too bad for him. Or maybe he  cares less
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by bolex(m): 6:50pm On May 29, 2006
dis is stupid but yer

they use her pic for scam for real
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Orikinla(m): 6:54pm On May 29, 2006
Her manager says they are aware. But they cannot control everything about her image being misused.

Well nobody can pretend to be Julia Roberts.

The more people are informed the better.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by lauryn(f): 6:56pm On May 29, 2006
interesting
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by edygirl(f): 7:08pm On May 29, 2006
Lauryn girl,
R U so mean ,or just being so jealous of her success. Don't be saying that. It's very unfair and perhaps you don't know what ur own ass will get. That was really a shame for you to be happy for her being fallen into such a mess.You need to stop that 'cos we are all human.You ain't know what tomorrow is gonna bring.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Rottweiler(m): 7:11pm On May 29, 2006
Her photograph was used not because she is Genevieve but because she's pretty! There are thousands of others on the net, most of them, people we don't know. The so-called yahoo-yahoo boys in Lagos are behind this. That's one of the reasons EFCC operatives now raid internet cafés. The genuine internet cafés have posters from EFCC warning customers on the implications of using their facilities to perpetuate 419. In some areas in Lagos if you are found with a flash disk, you would be arrested until the content of the flash disk is ascertained. That's naija for us all cool
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by lauryn(f): 7:12pm On May 29, 2006
@ Edygirl
This has nothin to do with being mean or jealous, worse things happen to people everyday, i do not know her, so i care less, it doesnt mean i'm happy that she's been scammed. I know we r all humans, y worry about tomorrow, today, when tomorrow comes, we'll deal with it.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by layi(m): 7:17pm On May 29, 2006
Will a scammer use his/her real picture? No one should think the pic is real after they've been scammed.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by edygirl(f): 7:19pm On May 29, 2006
lauryn,
         It wasn't fair for you to say, 'that's what her ass gets since she wants to be famous'. I mean think about that. I don't know her either but that shouldn't  give me the mind to say that she deserves it  because she doesn't. I am sorry , but that was my opinion.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by lauryn(f): 7:22pm On May 29, 2006
@ Edygirl
That doesnt mean she deserved what she got, but the point is that she got it, so she needs to start dealin with the situation instead of feeling sad for her self, i mean celebs get into situations all the time.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by edygirl(f): 7:26pm On May 29, 2006
Lauryn,
got ya.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by lauryn(f): 7:28pm On May 29, 2006
wink
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Seun(m): 7:29pm On May 29, 2006
[quote aithor=lauryn]he needs to start dealin with the situation instead of feeling sad for her self[quote][/quote]
And when exactly did Genevieve Nnaji mention 'feeling sad for herself' over this?
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by lauryn(f): 7:31pm On May 29, 2006
@ Seun
It was never said, its optional.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by LiquidMind(m): 8:21pm On May 29, 2006
why cant Nigerians stop this 419 act of using fellow Nigerian picture?,

Is better not to post Ur pic any where on the internet for any reason,
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by eveseh(f): 8:27pm On May 29, 2006
bad i've seen it be4
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Badman888(m): 8:27pm On May 29, 2006
LiquidMind:

why can't Nigerians stop this 419 act of using fellow Nigerian picture?,

Is better not to post your pic any where on the internet for any reason,

they post their real pic and they get caught, thats crime they would never use their picture
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by eveseh(f): 8:28pm On May 29, 2006
bad i've seen it be4
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by eveseh(f): 8:28pm On May 29, 2006
419 is too much oooooooooooooo,na wah oooooooo
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Orikinla(m): 8:48pm On May 29, 2006
Yes. Fame can be abused and misused.

The agency representing Genevieve Nnaji should address this problem.

419 is not a laughing matter. Because some unfortuante victims have been killed by the 419 Mafia.

Her agency should publish an international press statement and display all the samples of the abused photographs.

Genevieve should also denounce it on her website.

If an American from the deep south falls for this scam and he turns out to be one mean guy, he can go after the person in the picture. And only God can save Genevieve if the racists get to hear that one of their own was conned.

Her agency must face the challenges of managing her reputation locally and internationally.

Saying they are aware is not the solution.

What are they doing about it?
That is the question.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Idekeson(m): 8:55pm On May 29, 2006
Celebrities around the world are prone to identity theft crimes.

A Sacramento, California man used Tiger Wood's Social Security number and got a driver's license and charged $17,000 worth of luxury goods in the golfer's name, despite the fact he looks nothing like Woods. Before some of you start thinking, the guy wasn't Naija. I confirmed.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by allonym: 9:18pm On May 29, 2006
Idekeson:

Celebrities around the world are prone to identity theft crimes.

A Sacramento, California man used Tiger Wood's Social Security number and got a driver's license and charged $17,000 worth of luxury goods in the golfer's name, despite the fact he looks nothing like Woods. Before some of you start thinking, the guy wasn't Naija. I confirmed.

This is a total fabrication. It never happend.

Also, earlier, someone mentioned that genuine cafe's post warnings against illegal activity - well guess what, the bad ones do that as well. 419 scammers are not vampires who are burned by the cross, i'm sure they know that if they post such messages, it only makes it harder to determine where they are operating. There are many articles similar to this one: http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,53818,00.html interviewing such ppl.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Scorpio(f): 9:23pm On May 29, 2006
She ain't d first n she won't be d last, she'll get over it anywayz! sup allonym?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau / Court Convicts 2 Fake EFCC Operatives, 8 Others In Abeokuta / Police Shoots Man For Laughing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.