Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,937 members, 7,922,307 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 12:35 AM

419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture (8360 Views)

New Tricks Scammers Use At ATM Points To Transfer Your Cash From Your Phone / Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! / Victims Lost $9.3 Billion To 419 Scammers In 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by desiree(f): 9:39pm On May 29, 2006
Not just Genevieve's picture anybody that put their pictures online can be a victim of dating scam, first they have to look real and have African looks. angry
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by hotangel2(f): 9:41pm On May 29, 2006
Awww poor genny.

She's a celeb, she should know wat comes along with being a celeb.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Orikinla(m): 10:01pm On May 29, 2006
We should not beg the question.

The ignorance, arrogance and negligence of our Law Enforcement Agencies made the notorious Internet Scammers to grow wings and battered the image of Nigeria all over the world. Then the Apex bank and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay international consultants to redeem the bad image of Nigeria in the global village in another case of giving medicine when it is too late.

The Nigerian Internet Scammers have gone nuclear. with their ballistic 419 e-mails landing in every country on earth.

If you see your photographs being used in fake documents in scams, what are you going to do?

Shrug your shoulders and just wave if off in dismissal?

Don't forget that Internet Scammers also steal International Passports of Nigerians and foreigners in America and Europe and they use them to forge their own copies.

Genevieve has never mentioned this. And her agency has never mentioned it until I sent an e-mail to her manager some hours ago.

A stitch in time saves nine
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Badman888(m): 11:52pm On May 29, 2006
"419 scams have also included other famous peoples pic"
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by ddizzle(f): 1:06am On May 30, 2006
yah i think that those who fall for 419 are greedy themselves thats why they get tricked!! em about gnnys picture its sad to hear and all cuz ppl who have been duped will follow up and find out the truth either way or the other, they cant sue genny or nothin cuz thats wat they get 4 thinking someone will dash u money work for it damn it!! sori to hear bout gennys pic nd i think i support orikinla on the press release!!
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by ldollier(f): 2:12am On May 30, 2006
well of course scammers will use her pictures. desperate times calls for desperate things. these are the reasons why i dont put my pictures on sites.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by allonym: 4:57am On May 30, 2006
I just love idiots who say victims of scammers are at fault.

Maybe from now on, nobody should ever entertain anyone who comes to them with some "outrageous" business plan. . .

Though, not only would it put scammers out of business. . . but probably put a stop the the many legitimate nigerian billionaires who actually come up with great ideas and need financial backing.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by omogenikky(f): 1:53pm On May 31, 2006
@ allonym said "This is a total fabrication. It never happend." Common, why display your ignorance for the world to see, at least check if it is true or not.

You could start at cnn.com - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/golf/news/2001/04/28/tiger_imposter_ap/

If that never happened, what about this "Jessica Simpson scam
Intern poses as pop star's assistant to get free merchandise"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8715554/

and this - http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/05/15/60II/main291415.shtml

And don't even bother, this reports are from AP, CNN and CBS. Fact it almost anybody's identity can be used, Oprah has fallen victim too. Difference is that with the one here, Genevieve's identity was not being used, her picture was, my identity is my SS#, use my picture die, so far u don't use my SS#.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by vickybabe(f): 2:51am On Jun 01, 2006
@ omogenikky
well said, use my pics trouble,, use my SS#, dt one na double trouble
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by ddizzle(f): 4:02am On Jun 01, 2006
4 sure dats trouble and i think that ss is the key to ur whole existence here!! if they get that o ti pari oh!! i don finsh sha
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Orikinla(m): 11:43am On Jun 01, 2006
I have seen SS for sale in Lagos.

These criminals can steal anything.

I have seen all the papers of some Nigerians in America and the UK being doctored and sold in Lagos.

ID Robbery is common knowledge in Nigeria.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by Idekeson(m): 4:49pm On Jun 01, 2006
allonym:

This is a total fabrication. It never happend.

@Allonym, fabricate this.

http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/s/2002/1031/1454033.html
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by ddizzle(f): 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2006
lol abi men anybody can be targeted even woods lol
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by allonym: 6:56am On Jun 26, 2006
Idekeson:

@Allonym, fabricate this.

http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/s/2002/1031/1454033.html

umm, that's kind of hard to do. . . is it too late to say lo siento mucho?
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by 9ja4eva: 9:15am On Mar 22, 2007
Think that was why she got her website off.
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by mamagee3(f): 1:04am On Jun 16, 2009
Anybody who falls for this is a No BRAINER
Re: 419 Scammers Use Genevieve Nnaji's Picture by biola44: 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2009
mama-gee:

Anybody who falls for this is a No BRAINER
i concur

(1) (2) (Reply)

Family Of Ten Killed In Plateau / Court Convicts 2 Fake EFCC Operatives, 8 Others In Abeokuta / Police Shoots Man For Laughing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.