Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,219 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:01 AM

Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition (13168 Views)

Ex-governor, Fashola Denies Fathering Twins With Government Worker / Fashola Denies Deportation Allegation At Meeting With Igbo Leaders / Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by olujastro: 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
St_Obaino: That's one thing Naija politicians are good at "Denying"

I used to have soo much respect for fashola but not anymore after the who deportation saga.

I always knew the only thing Ibo folks enjoy is ethnic sentiments. That's why your most ethnic sentimental master Gov. Obi threw this up for his selfish political gains to make Ngige(his greatest threat) suffer it in the Anambra Nov polls. Don't 4get Obi deported 29 beggars to Ebonyi/Akwaibom in 2011 and nobody talked,but he quickly wrote GEJ about the Lagos 'deportation' to be seen as an ethnic champion and make the whole thing public especially because he knws hw much Ibo folks treasure & fall for sentiments. It's left for u guys to prove em wrong by electing the best proven candidate come November. I keep wondering hw u guys think if pple lyk T.A. Orji,Elechi,Uduaghan can be re-elected despyt dia woeful performance! Same tin u guys are doing for GEJ despyt he's publicly displayed how clueless he is abt changing our destiny. I,as a S/S guy wud vote em out come 2015! Nutin can eva change d fact dat Fashola is d best tin 2 hapn 2 governance in Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by bc4love(m): 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
Who cares about Igbo? Minority lasan lasan

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Samxiulee: 10:05pm On Aug 18, 2013
olujastro:

I always knew the only thing Ibo folks enjoy is ethnic sentiments. That's why your most ethnic sentimental master Gov. Obi threw this up for his selfish political gains to make Ngige(his greatest threat) suffer it in the Anambra Nov polls. Don't 4get Obi deported 29 beggars to Ebonyi/Akwaibom in 2011 and nobody talked,but he quickly wrote GEJ about the Lagos 'deportation' to be seen as an ethnic champion and make the whole thing public especially because he knws hw much Ibo folks treasure & fall for sentiments. It's left for u guys to prove em wrong by electing the best proven candidate come November. I keep wondering hw u guys think if pple lyk T.A. Orji,Elechi,Uduaghan can be re-elected despyt dia woeful performance! Same tin u guys are doing for GEJ despyt he's publicly displayed how clueless he is abt changing our destiny. I,as a S/S guy wud vote em out come 2015! Nutin can eva change d fact dat Fashola is d best tin 2 hapn 2 governance in Nigeria!
are you sure you are from the south/south?if you are then I still have hope for Nigeria,am already tinkering of raising my offspring in Sweden.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by bluegatebureau: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
A Digital Colour Separation Machine used for Sale in Abuja ECRM 62...Price: 3.8M Negotiable. 07042463072.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Revolva(m): 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
grin i wish fashola contested to be resident..i will vote for him moooooooore....we need leaders like him
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by SolarWizard: 11:26pm On Aug 18, 2013
Solar Street Light. Cheapest Price, very
affordable cost, we offer the most competitive price any where in NIGERIA, COMPLETE
SOLAR STREET LIGHT 2meters, 3meters, 4meters, 5meters, 6meters, , 8meters, 10meters
to 14 meters. Prices ranges from:N85, 000 - N445, 000. we offer special discount of
5-15% to Solar Companies buying MOQ 100units. We Design the most reliable and cost
effective solutions for Solar Companies, Contractors, Sub Contractors, organizations
and individuals, we have large stocks of all our products ranges. our products are
specially designed t...
Business Type: manufacturer, retail sales, wholesale supplier, exporter, importer
Product Types: All types, all sizes, all colors, of Solar Street Lights, AC Street
Lights, Flood Lights, 15w, 25w, 30w, 36w, 42w 50w, 60w, 80w, 100w, 120w, 160w, 200w,
250w and 300w. LED SOLAR STREET LAMPS, AMBER COLOR, COOL WHITE, etc Complete solar
street lighting systems, solar traffic lighting systems, solar garden lights,
Telephone: 08066895402
FAX:
Email: thesolarwizard@yahoo.com
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by ALTRUTH(m): 11:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
[b]The fact is that we all have to sit down and talk in this country. Call it a Sovereign National Conference, National Dialogue or National Conference but we have to talk. If truly Nigeria is one then power at the center should be made to go round or better still, considerably reduce power at the center and make it less attractive to avoid all this threatening and fighting just to grab presidential powers. It is clear that the core north have this belief that it is their exclusive preserve to rule this country otherwise how can you explain why 1993 election was cancelled and Abiola was killed together with his wife Kudirat? Yorubas had to sacrifice their children - Abiola & Kudirat for the northerners to say 'Let us give them the presidency' as though others are not Nigerians. They brought Obasanjo, gave him the sit and turned round to declare a sharia state in Zamfara just to make nonsense of his government. Yar Adua had to die(unfortunately) for the SS to have their son as president of this country today. For the first time in this country, a man from the SS is president and the core north is threatening fire if he does not relinquish the power to them in 2015, what rubbish!!! angry

I do not particularly love GEJ but I want him to be president till 2019 to make a point in this country that Nigeria belongs to all. Let the core north bring the 'fire' they have threatened let us see. POWER MUST GO ROUND!

Jonathan has all it takes to win again come 2015. In all fairness, I'll give him a pass mark, no other president has witnessed the kind of security challenges being managed by Jonathan. He will get block votes from SE/SS/MB and some votes from the SW which will be split. SW votes will be shared come 2015. The core north can vote against GEJ but that will not matter much because they did not vote him in 2011 either and he still won.

Fact is that the monolithic north is no more and the 1966 Nigeria is gone forever. The power equation has changed and is becoming well balanced. I am indeed very surprised that Tinubu is leading the yorubas to align with the core north to frustrate GEJ. Yorubas should have a rethink and review their political stance in the South. The message is very clear, either we balance power in this country in fairness to all or split!

A word is enough for the wise and sophisticated.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by ALTRUTH(m): 11:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
bc4love: Who cares about Igbo? Minority lasan lasan

[b]President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GCFR) cares about the Igbos! grin grin grin Now do the needful and hang yourself :[/b]P

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by OrigamiIII: 12:23am On Aug 19, 2013
St_Obaino: That's one thing Naija politicians are good at "Denying"

I used to have soo much respect for fashola but not anymore after the who deportation saga.

Stop using the wrong word.It was simply a relocation and reunion exercise which of course wasn't started started by lagos state.Besides u guys would be shooting yourself in the leg if you continue with this attitude.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by OrigamiIII: 12:34am On Aug 19, 2013
dplomaticVal: thats gud for him. . .cause even if he decides to vie for the position he would neither get Apc ticket nor lgbos support.

The politics being played that would culminate into 2015 elections is too sophisticated for people with your kind of view to comprehend.How can embark on utter isolation and expect to make the presidency someday.How are going to achieve it as a tribe.Who are your traditional political allies?We SS have been able to get to where we are through political manouvering,ingenuity and very importantly alliance with others.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by ALTRUTH(m): 12:41am On Aug 19, 2013
Yoruba_Ronu:
So because he decides to clean out Lagos and make it free from parasites, he is now extremist?
Shioor

Mr yoruba ronu, your fashola is a finished political quantity and will end up as ANOTHER BEST PRESIDENT NIGERIA NEVER HAD (Remember your Awolowo?) wink grin grin It will be easier to fetch water with a basket than for fashola to be president of Nigeria. cool I only pray he does not end up drinking the type of tea that man is drinking. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by MrExcel1: 12:44am On Aug 19, 2013
Yoruba_Ronu:
So because he decides to clean out Lagos and make it free from parasites, he is now extremist?
Shioor

What has he cleaning up Lagos got to do with my comments?

You need help, quit drinking that kai kai, it's impairing your thinking... NANSENS E
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by ALTRUTH(m): 12:46am On Aug 19, 2013
Origami III:

The politics being played that would culminate into 2015 elections is too sophisticated for people with your kind of view to comprehend.How can embark on utter isolation and expect to make the presidency someday.How are going to achieve it as a tribe.Who are your traditional political allies?We SS have been able to get to where we are through political manouvering,ingenuity and very importantly alliance with others.

Jonathan has SS/SE/MB and is working hard to split SW votes so what bloody isolation are you talking about Even a secondary school kid knows that no ethnic group can get the presidency standing alone. Think man!
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Mogidi2: 1:05am On Aug 19, 2013
Can't see him running for any office though I can see him running away from office I mean EFCC office. Should he run and win we'll give him another special tea.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by ALTRUTH(m): 1:05am On Aug 19, 2013
Origami III:

@ bolded: You hypocritical two-faced liar claiming to be SS! Why can't you be proud to be yoruba that you are I have reviewed all your posts since you registered on this forum and can say authoritatively that you are Yoruba!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by OrigamiIII: 1:07am On Aug 19, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Mr yoruba ronu, your fashola will is a finished political quantity and will end up as ANOTHER BEST PRESIDENT NIGERIA NEVER HAD (Remember your Awolowo?) wink grin grin It will be easier to fetch water with a basket than for fashola to be president of Nigeria. cool I only pray he does not end up drinking the type of tea that man is drinking. grin grin grin

I would like you to name any igbo leader of note dead or alive that can match either Awolowo or Fashola in achievement and governance.We in the SS appreciate any good leader anyday dead or alive from any tribe that has been able to make sihgnificant impact in the life of our people.The above names stands tall in the anals of governance and achievement in Nigeria,pls don't run them down.With this your views you crop hatred for your people in the now and in the future.A lot of my hausa friends are also begining to get irritated by your ethnically tinted views you keep upholding.Instead of using this forum as a tool of unity but you have ceasely acted in the opposite.Most yorubas in this forum are equally guilty of tribal comments just as their igbo counterparts.All these will lead nowhere.Enough of this.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by ALTRUTH(m): 1:11am On Aug 19, 2013
Mogidi2: Can't see him running for any office though I can see him running away from office I mean EFCC office. Should he run and win we'll give him another special tea.

This is what will be used to prepare the customized Japanese tea since the bothers of the 1993 tea drinker don't want to use their sense. grin grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by ALTRUTH(m): 1:13am On Aug 19, 2013
Origami III:

I would like you to name any igbo leader of note dead or alive that can match either Awolowo or Fashola in achievement and governance.We in the SS appreciate any good leader anyday dead or alive from any tribe that has been able to make sihgnificant impact in the life of our people.The above names stands tall in the anals of governance and achievement in Nigeria,pls don't run them down.With this your views you crop hatred for your people in the now and in the future.A lot of my hausa friends are also begining to get irritated by your ethnically tinted views you keep upholding.Instead of using this forum as a tool of unity but you have ceasely acted in the opposite.Most yorubas in this forum are equally guilty of tribal comments just as their igbo counterparts.All these will lead nowhere.Enough of this.

SHUT UP YOU ARE YORUBA!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by ALTRUTH(m): 1:18am On Aug 19, 2013
Origami III:

Preach that to your fellow yorubas too, last time I checked, the roforo is between Igbo & yoruba why are you trying to drag hausa along or are you already begging them to come fight for you Talk to your yoruba brothers, period.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by OrigamiIII: 1:28am On Aug 19, 2013
olatiler:
Can one correct this SS1 Drop out, is lagos belong to Ibo ppl? were u fool can dectate for us about our tradition on whom to become Babaloja or was that title belong to u fools? this are part of what u fools did in North that get thousand of ur ppl killed without single retaliation only chest beating
Am gonna advise u fools to put more effort, the Northern issue might just be 10% compare to the SW

Here is the SS warri to be precise, we have our tradition which must be upheld by all.Non natives can not and can never be the head of any of our markets even if it is night markets in the least." Dem no fit try am,na straight kasala". It would be suicidal for such a non native.They can have their own rep who sits in council with the market head.I know also in Ph the Ikwerres would never allow such.Same goes for Onitsha etc.Let us learn to respect the tradition of our host instead of attempting to lecture ther host on what amendment they should make in their traditional institution.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by OrigamiIII: 1:39am On Aug 19, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Preach that to your fellow yorubas too, last time I checked, the roforo is between Igbo & yoruba why are you trying to drag hausa along or are you already begging them to come fight for you Talk to your yoruba brothers, period.

You just letting me know there is a fight going on.Mind you I am not a yoruba man but my tribe have benefited immensely from the good governance and policies they've propagated."Altruth"can you sincerely tell us that none of your tribal folks have ever benefited from same as most nigerians?Why get into a senseless tussle with them then?Fashola is human capable of making mistakes just like everyone of us.Let us correct him whenever he goes off track.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by OrigamiIII: 1:51am On Aug 19, 2013
ALTRUTH:

No man is 100% complete.Not everything Fashola is excellent.I have expressed my views on the relocation of igbo destitutes issue and I made it known that dropping under the bridge at 3 a.m in the morning is wrong,inhuman and unacceptable.No defence should for such act by anyone.My position is that we should stop all these e-tribal conflict.There are better and more productive things waiting to be attended to.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by OrigamiIII: 1:59am On Aug 19, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Jonathan has SS/SE/MB and is working hard to split SW votes so what bloody isolation are you talking about Even a secondary school kid knows that no ethnic group can get the presidency standing alone. Think man!

GEJ surely is from my zone-SS.Am talking about igbo presidency.I have cousings and relations that are igbos,so whenever I see those ethnocentric comments it breaks my heart and I get worried at the challenges these would pose towards the realisation of the igbo presidency after the tenure of my zone.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by OrigamiIII: 2:03am On Aug 19, 2013
ALTRUTH:

SHUT UP YOU ARE YORUBA!

Well that nah your own view.Make I no begin join words with you.Face the issue and stop being insultive.Or u wan make I start my own with you?
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by OrigamiIII: 2:17am On Aug 19, 2013
ALTRUTH:

@ bolded: You hypocritical two-faced liar claiming to be SS! Why can't you be proud to be yoruba that you are I have reviewed all your posts since you registered on this forum and can say authoritatively that you are Yoruba!

I won't have you insult or run down individuals I cherish in ideals and character dead or alive.I would rise to confront you head on.Let any yoruba man, hausa man or any other tribe for that matter deningrate the name and person of great Zik then watch me stand up to fall out with such scum of a fellow.If I am yoruba I would have been very proud the same way I happy and proud as an itsekiri man.Altruth,my leg my hand dey up no curse me again otherwise I go loose hope take follow you for this forum.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by bakynes(m): 3:03am On Aug 19, 2013
Someone was saying Nigeria belongs to all.Yes you are right,but I pray we look beyond Power must go round.What is the essence of voting someone from a minority who has no plans of moving the country forward.If the North keeps producing credible leaders above other tribes that would lead the whole nation forward then I don't mind voting for them again and again,Even if its credible leaders from the minority.I am a yoruba man and I won't mind voting a credible igbo man for President if I see one bt the same cannot be said abt igbos,they just hate the Hausa's and the Yoruba's they believe every one from the SW and Core North hates them.The issue of Fashola don't give in to Obi,he his trying to create a scene from the resettlement program,igbos were nt the only ones affected by what he did.Ngige and Okorocha that are embracing other tribes,you call them Betrayers is that how you reason? You don't want to relate with the Yorubas and Hausa's yet u want an igbo president.I shake head for una
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:16am On Aug 19, 2013
Asoozy:

[/b]Ibos support is inconsequential, it only matters to Jonathan.
The late MKO Abiola said the same thing, you and i know the result Arthur Nzeribe cool, Buhari ignored Igbos at the last election, you know the scores. grin
Continue running your mouth.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Kairoseki77: 3:43am On Aug 19, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: The late MKO Abiola said the same thing, you and i know the result Arthur Nzeribe cool, Buhari ignored Igbos at the last election, you know the scores. grin
Continue running your mouth.

You are officially the chest beating tribe. Always running your mouth.

Hausas are the largest tribe in Nigeria, Yoruba are the second largest, and the third is the Igbo, then comes the Ijaw and other tribes.

The Igbo vote is the least consequential of the three big tribes. That is just mathematics.

GEJ didn't win because he had the Igbo vote, he won because he had the SW vote. SE was PDP territory and the North was CPC territory. The only vote that mattered was the SW vote and to a lesser extent the Middle Belt. This is just reality. Jonathan was always going to have the SE vote. Just like Buhari was always going to have the core north.

The same thing is true is 2015. The SE is going to vote for PDP, the North is going to vote for a Northern candidate, and it is going to come down to who the SW votes for. The trick is how can the North and SW cooperate. If APC runs a SW candidate as President, the North will be the battleground region. If APC runs a Northern candidate, then the SW will be the battleground region. The SE is going to maintain it's political irrelevance until it shows some independence and a willingness to throw off PDP.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by baby124: 3:49am On Aug 19, 2013
He will win a free and fair election anytime any day.
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by EMERITUS1(m): 5:35am On Aug 19, 2013
Fashola ke, with ASUU strike he go sack all lecturers replace them with M.Sc holders then increase school fees
Re: Fashola Denies Presidential Ambition by Kairoseki77: 7:27am On Aug 19, 2013
EMERITUS1: Fashola ke, with ASUU strike he go sack all lecturers replace them with M.Sc holders then increase school fees

I'm always curious when I read comments from people like you.

What is going on in your state? Is your state doing well? Is your Governor improving your area?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cult Groups, Fulani Herdsmen Kill 761 In Seven Months / Osinbajo In Kano For Students Innovation Challenge (PHOTOS) / Gbadamosi: What Next After Two Defeats?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.