Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,681 members, 7,926,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 05:18 AM

Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church (1377 Views)

Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? / Must A Christian Be Baptized In A River? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by Enigma(m): 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
lacum:
my brother, u dont have a point at all. if thats it, den y do u call catholics, winners etc. when u want to talk about things u believe catholics are wrong at, u wil often say "catholics blieve in images, mary" etc ,y snot say" xtians blieve in images mary etc.
its clear that u guys are ashamed to name ur church because u dont know where u stand so ur not sure of ur church because in d first place its not even supposed to be called a church. u bliev dat jesus founded only one church but cannot identify it but we the catholics know that we are in that church founded by jesus dats y we are not ashamed to talk about it.

Sorry to be rude but when you grow up and can write better, try again and maybe I will reply.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by italo: 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
tpia@:
Different strokes for different folks.

Everyone isnt the same and dont have to be clones of one another.

There are catholics who dont publicly identify their church either, not because they are ashamed but simply because they dont feel a need to.

Nairaland is not a gulag and nobody should feel they have to force others to be like them.

What has identifying your church got to do with somebody's presence here, are you looking for disciples? Besides, doesnt the grapevine aka gossipline take care of all that anyway.

Not to sound biased..but here on nairaland I think Catholics are more forthright in identifying with the Church than any other group even though we undergo the most and worst attacks.

The others hardly ever want to mention where they go for Sunday service.

I think it boils down to hypocrisy.

They criticize us even when they know we are better than them.
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by italo: 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
FrostyZonn:

When you play poker, do you reveal your hand all at once? No!

The same applies to public forum, which is an avenue for people to blow off steam and escapes momentarily from the real world. Some people on the other hand tend to take it serious by revealing their hands[identity] and subsequently getting mocked for their troubles.

I'm a Christian, but there is no way I'm telling anyone in this forum or any forum for that matter, which church I belonged to. And it's not for fear of Stigma either but rather for flexibility reasons.

Okay...so your words are not to be taken seriously...
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by Enigma(m): 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
In the Bible, "the Church" is "the Church of Christ" aka "the Christian Church".

There is nothing like denomination or "Roman Catholic Church" or "Cutlass sharp sharp ministry".

If some people say the "Catholic Church" or "Roman Catholic Church" is different from the Christian Church or the Church of Christ - which may even consist in a particular place of just two or three gathered in Jesus' name - then they would be the ones marking themselves out as not being Christians.

smiley
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by Ishilove: 6:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
Enigma:

Sorry to be rude but when you grow up and can write better, try again and maybe I will reply.
Chei!! See finishing!! shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by tpia5: 7:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
italo:

Not to sound biased..but here on nairaland I think Catholics are more forthright in identifying with the Church than any other group even though we undergo the most and worst attacks.

Still no excuse for the thread title and besides, you should face your attackers squarely instead of generalizing.

I've noticed frosbel criticizing catholic doctrine, same way he does to every other doctrine, and he says he's not affiliated with any church.

The atheists ( most of who are catholic) attacking catholics and churches in general, would not have a church, i assume.
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by italo: 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
tpia@:

Still no excuse for the thread title and besides, you should face your attackers squarely instead of generalizing.

I've noticed frosbel criticizing catholic doctrine, same way he does to every other doctrine, and he says he's not affiliated with any church.

The atheists ( most of who are catholic) attacking catholics and churches in general, would not have a church, i assume.

Many of the Atheists are even far more honest than these hypocrites.

The hypocrites arent ashamed of Jesus because he is divine...despite the insults they get from Atheists.

Why then are they ashamed of their "churches?"

Because it is man-made.
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
[/quote]37. tpia@: Quote Post

italo:

The atheists ( most of who are catholic) attacking catholics and churches in general, would not have a church, i assume. [quote]

Most atheists catholics? Can an atheist be a catholic? I believe you wanted to say former catholics.I wonder why you can to such conclusiion.Do you have the data
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by tpia5: 11:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
What data?

If you feel they're not catholic, then correct them when they say they are.
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by tpia5: 12:00am On Aug 18, 2013
italo:

Many of the Atheists are even far more honest than these hypocrites.

The hypocrites arent ashamed of Jesus because he is divine...despite the insults they get from Atheists.

Why then are they ashamed of their "churches?"

Because it is man-made.

You're just trying to witch hunt, thats all.

Same tactics the atheists use.

Projection too.

The section is dead anyway, you folks can have it to yourselves as far as i'm concerned, its been long gone.
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by italo: 1:02am On Aug 18, 2013
tpia@:

You're just trying to witch hunt, thats all.

Same tactics the atheists use.

Projection too.

The section is dead anyway, you folks can have it to yourselves as far as i'm concerned, its been long gone.

You make me laugh.

We are the ones being witch-hunted by everyone.

Look at all the threads by non'Catholics against Catholics and see how Catholics hardly ever open threads to castigate other creeds.
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 18, 2013
tpia@:
What data?

You made the claim the onus is on you to substantiate it not me.
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by italo: 1:04am On Aug 18, 2013
tpia@:
What data?

I have never seen an Atheist that says "I'm Catholic."

Can you mention a name?
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by tpia5: 1:04am On Aug 18, 2013
most or many of them say they're catholic or ex-catholic, doesnt matter.
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by tpia5: 1:06am On Aug 18, 2013
someone even had to ask this question here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1136150/why-atheist-mainly-excatholics
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by italo: 7:59am On Aug 18, 2013
tpia@:
most or many of them say they're catholic or ex-catholic, doesnt matter.

It matters. It's unfair to tell a lie in public...and your neither have evidence for what you said nor the decency to recant the statement.

Thats the problem with this country. We blame politicians but even you seem to have mastered the art of telling blatant lies to the public.

Integrity has flown out the window.

I repeat. I have never seen an Atheist that says "I'm Catholic." Can you give us ONE name out of the "most" you know?
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by tpia5: 2:07am On Aug 19, 2013
i wonder why you're getting upset when the people you opened this thread to attack, arent, even though your intent is to aggravate them.

check the post history of the most vocal atheists here, i already gave you a link which you refused to open, maybe you're afraid to ask them directly?
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by italo: 7:41am On Aug 19, 2013
I opened the threads and didnt find any atheist that said "I'm Catholic."

YOU LIED!

tpia@:
i wonder why you're getting upset when the people you opened this thread to attack, arent, even though your intent is to aggravate them.

check the post history of the most vocal atheists here, i already gave you a link which you refused to open, maybe you're afraid to ask them directly?

Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by TCUBE(m): 7:52am On Aug 19, 2013
I am a christian. My church afliation is secondary.
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
tpia@:

madam please an atheist cannot be a catholic,it is just not possible.Of all the atheists here how many of them used to be catholic? is it not just logic boy and mammuswac
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by lacum: 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
Enigma:

my son, when u grow up.and dont know how to reply to a post then keep ur mouth shut.
Re: Why Would A Christian Be Ashamed To Be Associated With His/her Church by lacum: 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ishilove:
Chei!! See finishing!! shocked cheesy cheesy
i guess ur in support of that clown who could not reply to a post but chose to behave like a child

(1) (2) (Reply)

What happens after death? Can Suicide be Justified? / The Hidden Truth About Christianity / The Great Judgement Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.