Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,391 members, 7,940,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 07:38 AM

Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? (3363 Views)

These 17 Funny Photos Tell The Story Of Every Jamb Exam Gone Wrong / Any Value to MBA degree In Nigeria / University That Will Give Anyone An MBA Degree, Even A Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by LightSon(m): 1:53pm On May 30, 2006
Hi Guys,

I'm kind of wondering if any one in Nigeria has succesfully gone through any of these online postgraduate degree programmes from any of UK/USA/Canada universities, and if so how was it when compared with regular physical postgraduate degree.

I hold a B.Eng degree and presently working in one of the  Oil servicing companies in port harcourt. It has been my desire to hold a foreign degree, especially at masters level, but my busy work schedules would not allow me to participate in any regular post graduate studies yet.

So, I am thinking seriously on taking up one of these online MBA degree programmes from any of the mentioned countries above.

Please, could anyone who has gone through these programmes offer me some assistance wrt how best to go about it. Also which of the countries and/or online universities are the best in terms of flexibility of study programmes and reputation.

Hoping for quality response from well-informed nairalanders!

Thanks in advance.
Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by delarontus(f): 3:02pm On May 30, 2006
I'm aware of the long distance MBA programme for University of Leicester which some Shell staff are presently undergoing in Nigeria. Its not online per se as they have a representative in Nigeria though you can reach your tutors online and use their e-library as a student. You will also have the opportunity of going to summer school [optional].

Let me know if you want more information.

1 Like

Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by LightSon(m): 12:46pm On May 31, 2006
Thank you smiley Delarontus for that info. Indeed I will need more info from you or anyone else who can contribute on this.

I would also like to know exctly how the University of Leicaster representatives in Nigeria could be reached, as well as how to reach the spdc guys who are already in the programme to know the options available through this institution since you mentioned that it's not totally online,
Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by delarontus(f): 4:01pm On May 31, 2006
I'll ask the administrator to give you my email address for more information.
Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by LightSon(m): 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2006
Thank you  Delarontus for your assistance thus far. [color=#006600][/color]
I wait for your email. Thanks. smiley
Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by Dauda(m): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2006
There are tons of diploma mills out there. Be careful before you choose one. Check their accreditation. It is important if you want your degree to be acceptable by employers.
Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by LightSon(m): 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2007
Thanks guys!

I am currently studying MBA with University of leicester and it has all been interesting and fun.

See you at my graduation! wink
Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by delarontus(f): 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2007
@LightSon: I'm happy to hear that. Please send a mail if you can to tell me more.
Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by layckonb(m): 8:48am On Sep 05, 2007
kindly post me too cos i am dead interested. reach me at layckon@yahoo.com. u are Ebaano
Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by izidor(m): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2007
Delarontus,

Am presenting holding MSC degree from nig uni. Still interested in foreign degree. Pls. also furnish me with the details of this university of lecicester programme. Thanks.
Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by folasflo(m): 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2007
hello.please can i have your email or could you mail me the details to my box. folasflo@yahoo.com. thanks for your promt response
Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by delarontus(f): 9:23am On Sep 07, 2007
University of Leicester has a representative in Nigeria called RDI Nigeria. You can find them at 10B Lalupon Close, Off keffi Street, S/W Ikoyi, Lagos.

Basically, they recruit students for the University here in Nigeria and the students get to keep their jobs while studying. The unique feature of this programme is that every student here in Nigeria has the same status with a student on campus at Leicester. The certificate does not indicate that the programme was done vis distance learning. The fees can also be paid in instalments during the course of the programme.
Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by msllearnin: 9:54am On Jun 08, 2010
you have a good thinking,  university18 business school are offered online mba degree programs in all off world ,
Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by oruru(f): 12:10pm On Jun 09, 2010
pls i need the details about the programme,dis is my email rolex4u24@yahoo.com tanx.
Re: Online Msc/mba Degree, Anyone Gone Through It? by biyiwilly(m): 10:40am On Jun 18, 2010
Register for your TOEFL/GRE/GMAT @ affordable rate compared to

All registration firm in Nigeria.

TOEFL @ N26,250.00 $175.00

GRE @ N28,500.00 $190.00

GMAT @ N39,000.00 $250.00

We also give you tutorials on all the exams….for more information

Call: 08023343047, 08063114931, 01-8837758.

Email: billbiyi@b2consultingng.com

(1) (Reply)

How Many Uni's Offer Production Engineering In Nigerian / Genuine 2015 Jamb CBT Runs With Gistblaze.Com / Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) 'DIPLOMA' Form 2015/2016 Is On.(080 61335186)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.