Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,485 members, 7,937,418 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 01:58 AM

Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos (14291 Views)

Saraki At The Made-in-aba Trade Fair Today (photos) / Saraki Being Measured At 'Made In Aba' Trade Fair (Photos) / Heavy SSS At National Assembly; Lawmakers Scale Gate Into Complex (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by temyayo: 9:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
slim fit :
Kogi people are bush people now this is modern living to them.
Which state are you from asshole

1 Like

Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by Tosman12(m): 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
Richie01: @Acidosis!

It's really very disheartening that the state has been from bad to worse in recent yrs...

But your idea of seizing that opportunity to insult the Igala people and as well spew hatred towards them has killed my zeal and enthusiasm to support you on this.

You talk as if Igalas does not kick against em too... If you must know, corruption is ubiquitous everywhere in Nigeria, Kogi as a state isn't an exception.

For the record, these men have done other good things for the state even when those things weren't/are consistent.

It baffles me how you think that Okun as a people are better than the Igalas, that's a shabby act of reasoning.

You act as if the Igalas are plagues whom you don't even want to co-habbit with... I wonder why you think you are better than them. Such a huge shame.

Way back in my university days, I had friends from your tribe whom are good people and are humble, sometimes, they follow me to my home for weekends... I teach some of them on some courses and I didn't even look down on any of them.

These governors paid all SSCE fees for more than 10yrs, they have built houses under the housing units in the state, they have been instrumental to relative peace in the state.

Once more, if they are as selfish as you portray em, then, why would Ibrahim change the name of the state university to KSU?

Lokoja water works, double lane township roads in all LG of the state.

It's so funny how you won't talk about your house of assembly representatives and your local govt chairmen and councillors on how they have failed too...

Why are you painting us black? What do you gain from doing that? Why do you think you people are better than us? Why do you act as if my people are plagues? Why are you generalizing things about us?
cheif, i understand ur frustration as an igala man and being on d other side of the toss in the oops write up but i must tell you that the issue on ground is real and need to be lashed and talked about because its annoying, i stayed in lokoja and i must tell u dat the development u thinking is outrightly in ur imagination, the annoying aspect of it is that d igala youth seems not to want to hear of pple saying the reality of how patetic the present situation of d state is, dey seems to think that ........i dont kno......analytically speaking the state in all aspect is backward except for money sharing locally.....i mean i wonder if they have academics from d state terain at all to advice the government of the state, i never knew that place in felele is even tradefair ...please cant imagine it..... See the igala needs to leave tribal sentiment apart and start criticizing the government of the state untill then the rulers of the state wont start feeling like they need to do somting....
Lastly other tribe in this state seems to have a sence of development but gosh, i wont say much but i have bin to many other igala land i dont think dey fare better.......
Truth is bitter.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2013
Tosman12:
cheif, i understand ur frustration as an igala man and being on d other side of the toss in the oops write up but i must tell you that the issue on ground is real and need to be lashed and talked about because its annoying, i stayed in lokoja and i must tell u dat the development u thinking is outrightly in ur imagination, the annoying aspect of it is that d igala youth seems not to want to hear of pple saying the reality of how patetic the present situation of d state is, dey seems to think that ........i dont kno......analytically speaking the state in all aspect is backward except for money sharing locally.....i mean i wonder if they have academics from d state terain at all to advice the government of the state, i never knew that place in felele is even tradefair ...please cant imagine it..... See the igala needs to leave tribal sentiment apart and start criticizing the government of the state untill then the rulers of the state wont start feeling like they need to do somting....
Lastly other tribe in this state seems to have a sence of development but gosh, i wont say much but i have bin to many other igala land i dont think dey fare better.......
Truth is bitter.

Thanks

my broda,you are making sense
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by Tosman12(m): 9:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
Revolva:
who is this idiot saying okene is better in development than any igala town ,wtf why do people lie a lot
okene that cannot be compared with ayigba sef in beauty
careful the cheif, like okene is better ayingba is just a gloryfy village plus the skul combine. Student are suffering in that skul.
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by ihimami: 9:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
I have been going through all of your contributions since I BUMPED in to this thread, I sincerely feel for Kogites because of bad leadership, it is a reflection of our National malice. The state is really blessed with both human and natural resources and so unfortunate the Leaders that have been ruling us have failed to bring development across the three senatorial districts. As for the Igalas, I think their bad experience with the more dominant Tivs in their former state of Benue may have shaped their psyche to hold on to power no matter the failure this has brought to Kogi state. As for Ebiras, Okuns and other minorities in the state, their lack of unity and cohesion will continue to give the Igalas upper hand to continue to determine the political direction of the state whether good or bad. For the guy arguing that Ayinba is better than Okene, I think your submission is based on sentiment, OKENE is the most developed city in Kogi state because the Indigenes have the same attitude to property developments like Igbos and because of the strategic location of the city as a cross road for travelers across the Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by yemi2plus(m): 9:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
Tosman12:
careful the cheif, like okene is better ayingba is just a gloryfy village plus the skul combine. Student are suffering in that skul.
am a living example
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by yemi2plus(m): 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
ihimami: For the guy arguing that Ayinba is better than Okene, I think your submission is based on sentiment, OKENE is the most developed city in Kogi state because the Indigenes have the same attitude to property developments like Igbos and because of the strategic location of the city as a cross road for travelers across the Nigeria.
you're so on point. My phone got stolen at KSU some months back, I had to travelled back to Benin before I could re-active the line.
Too bad, if not for KSU, nobody for no anyigba
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by demmy66: 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
Sijo01:

You mean you knew nothing about tourism in primary school abeg, which primary school you go.......what about excursion, heard of that too
Ehen, now you are using the right vocalbulary that a primary school child understands (excursion). You must have attented primary school in this millenlium for you to be able to paint all those pictures needed for tourism at that young age, because little kids of nowadays knows more than we knew while growing up.
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by demmy66: 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
Sijo01:

You mean you knew nothing about tourism in primary school abeg, which primary school you go.......what about excursion, heard of that too
Ehen, now you are using the right vocalbulary that a primary school child understands (excursion). You must have attented primary school in this millenlium for you to be able to paint all those pictures needed for tourism at that young age, because little kids of nowadays knows more than we knew while growing up. Its the jet age.....
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by micfoley: 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
Pls where is the Trade fair cplx.
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by abuliveyoung(m): 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
@Op, i share ur pain & frustration. simply because right 4rm birth u havnt noticed or witnessed development i.e. U've lived in Kogi all ur life....smh. I understand ur plght & i knw ur pain because i just arrived 4rm dat part of the region (kogi) whch is far 4rm development. I saw d true nature of kogi state, honestly speaking, i was devastated. @op, ur post on how u single handedly picked a particular tribe(Igala) whch is my tribe, realy marveled me. Initialy, I realy concur wit u wit d level & leadershp style of d state but other tribes too need 2 share 4rm d bad leadershp.....no doubt, the Igalas hav ocupied d numba 1 position 4 some decades nw but what abt other eminent positions such as d vice, speaker, senatorial sit & d likes? Would u want 2 tell me that developnt failed 2 set-in because Igalas hav been thre? @op, it shows d low level of ur reasoning & lack of tact!. D behaviour u displayed on this thread is d major reason why kogi state is nt movng forward. Put on ur thnkng cap to get rid of ur tribalistic tendencies! & Lets work hand in hand to develop kogi state.
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by Werehkpe: 10:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
Pls IGNORE the poster. Kogi is not as bad as this and THIS IS NOT THE BETTER OF THE PROJECTS in the state

They have great stadium, which boas of the BEST TURF in Nigeria. They are renovating the Great Confluence Beach Hotel, The Kogi STATE Polytechnic has been given a total face lift (still ungoing). All these are in Lokoja.

But again these GOVERNORS REALLY SHUDA DON A LOT BETTER BY NOW
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by Oluabayomi1(m): 11:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
slim fit :
Kogi people are bush people now this is modern living to them.
As your name appears so also ur medulla oblogata working. Ur fada

1 Like

Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by benkings(m): 11:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dr Walter: Hahahaha Acidosis and Co...go and hug transformer....like it or not democracy is a game of numbers...combine ebira, yoruba, okun, basa, fulani or even chinese sef u can't defeat d igalas...moreover all of u are immigrants from kwara , Niger n Benue claiming kogi
i pity u oooo,ur state is in a dyin mess n dis is all u ve gat to say
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by Oluabayomi1(m): 11:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
Show me dt failed state called Kogi n I ll take u round d Igala land. I spent 3 good yrs thr as a student.I do pity an average igala man when they travel out of thr domain n behave as if they are better back home.God bless kogi
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by LaudateII: 11:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
Wereh kpe: Pls IGNORE the poster. Kogi is not as bad as this and THIS IS NOT THE BETTER OF THE PROJECTS in the state

They have great stadium, which boas of the BEST TURF in Nigeria. They are renovating the Great Confluence Beach Hotel, The Kogi STATE Polytechnic has been given a total face lift (still ungoing). All these are in Lokoja.

But again these GOVERNORS REALLY SHUDA DON A LOT BETTER BY NOW

Please do not tout these structures as indices of development!! shocked Not in this day and age.

People are building railway lines to improve transport infrastructure in their states, and commissioning multi-million naira aesthetically superb housing estates to accommodate their citizens in addition to opening industrial complexes or factories owned by multinational companies which would employ thousands of their youths, and you are actually touting the refurbishment of Kogi Polytechnic and one hotel as an achievement??!! shocked

I don't believe this, my brother.

No offence meant, but that state needs divine intervention to get rid of its clueless leaders and get someone with foresight to steer the affairs of the state. angry

Kogi State's proximity to Abuja should have served as a catalyst to spur it to development, instead it has remained stagnant as dishwater. angry

Look at Nassarawa state which is just next door that has tapped into its proximity to Abuja. Can you compare Lafia to Lokoja, in terms of infrastructure and buildings? angry
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by Afam4eva(m): 12:13am On Aug 21, 2013
I don't know much about the politics of Kogi state but Lokoja is the worst looking state capital that i've ever been to. When i went there for the first time, i was asking people if that was the world famous Lokoja. I think the state government have to improve the lot of the state and it's people.

1 Like

Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by mensdept: 12:18am On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva: I don't know much about the politics of Kogi state but Lokoja is the worst looking state capital that i've ever been to. When i went there for the first time, i was asking people if that was the world famous Lokoja. I think the state government have to improve the lot of the state and it's people.

If not, the people need to rise up from the current bu.llshyt lifestyle and deal with these leaders the same way they deal with petty thieves when putting them to the "tire"
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by LaudateII: 1:33am On Aug 21, 2013
Strongbest:

I rlli wish so too.....at least, letz see wat d oda tribes too hav to offer. A state consisting of three or more tribes shldnt alwaz b governed by jxt a tribe! It showz sumthn is rlli wrng sumwhere...wat re d oda tribez dere rlli doin? I hav heard so much abt d Ebiras, had some as course mates, vry brilliant set of guyz lyk dat. Why havnt dey still bin able to rule atleast for once? Wish d State best of lucks sha...

Please can you translate what gibberish you have just written here into simple, standard, intelligible English language??

Honestly, this post is a lazy, ridiculous way of making a valid point! Apalling spelling errors...on every line! angry Some people will wonder what grades you made in English language during your SS# exams!

Is this a mobile phone SMS text contest?? shocked

1 Like

Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by LaudateII: 1:42am On Aug 21, 2013
Expsbterror: [color=#006600][/color]
Firstly I say a big appologia to the kogites,mostly dose dwelling in d geographical terrance emerge of the state.. Also symphatizing wif dem tru out dis 15 yrs of an odouriferrous saga.... Kur gaga twuan gaga...
I am most maniaclly bewildered that the inter-tribal differences is the faucet origo of all dis under development in d state... I mean it is Sadonic, so lugubrious, un_hearable dat a state made up of 3 major tribes, 1 bin in power 4 quite sum tym nw hasn't bin able to achieve to Basics,d microscopic expectancy from any little political gathering which r d basic necessities of life nd welfare of its ppl...
For mi all I can see is a electronic randomization toggle nd shuffle of power amongst d knwn ruling tribe, allowing dis govnrs mastubate in d seat of power thus satisfying total dia own sapien selfs, peanut to dia own tribal society nd null to d state at large...
Jst to say prestisible, I only pray dat a total change should cum, nt minding watever tribe its cumming from.. Weda Ebiras, Igalas or the Okuns am gud with it.... Becos from dis pics kogi is in a state of Anomy dat nids sum rescue frm aniwere....
I urge d kogites graduates independent of dia religion as far as dey truly worship is truth to bask into d kogi political sector in order to eliminate,eradicate,deficate,urinate,and purge dis bad eggs that r pestilencially destroying what was once known to be d confluence state of nigeria....
With dis I tink dia is a lumnia of hope for the kogites, and d nation at large

Why do you guys do this?

If you can't post a lucid response using proper grammatical terms, appropriate tenses and syntax then please DO NOT post anything at all, as your current reply has very little meaning! What is the meaning of 'dia', 'nids,' appologia' 'symphatizing wif dem tru.. .. Is this English, French, German or Cantonese?

This is not an SMS board for goodness sake! angry

Haba!! shocked
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by LaudateII: 2:13am On Aug 21, 2013
acidosis™:

This is how they run the state..
When the Federal Govt propose to site a Federal Uni in Kogi,
It was another war! They wanted this on their land...
But after several debate and fights, it was sited on a neutral ground - Lokoja.

gosh...!
The list is endless...

Is it about the laptops the TSC distributed to teachers recently??

Laptop was shipped in from lagos at N60,000/ one.. but sold to teachers at an embarrassing sum of N115,000!

There is no rumour or lie in this.
I can defend all my words with series of evidence...

The state is about to die..

You forgot to add the recent debacle that took place when Anambra commenced work on the Orient Refinery in the Aguleri-Otu axis of the state. When the company under the Peter Obi administration started seeking investors, carrying out seismic studies and embarked upon the project, the people of Kogi State in the Echonwa/Ideke district under Abaji local government area were sleeping. shocked

The local government chairman as well as the state governor were also in deep slumber. No sooner did it become apparent that the project was about to succeed, that they woke up from their slumber and remembered that the oil along the boundary with Anambra also belongs to their own community in Kogi State. undecided

Has the Kogi State government also entered into partnership with investors to set up a refinery on their own land? No! angry Instead, they are making noise & struggling with other communities on who owns the oil and land under which it flows. shocked

ThisDay newspapers: Kogi State claims that one of the oil wells, which currently feeds the Orient Refinery in Anambra State, is on Odeke land in Abaji Local Government Area, there is also a third claimant to the land. Indeed, the Chairman of Uzo Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State, Cornel Onwubuya, was recently quoted as saying that since the creation of Enugu and Kogi states in 1991, “the deposit of oil and gas in our inland basin has been a subject of dispute among the three states (Anambra, Kogi and Enugu) and the matter has been before the NBC and Surveyor-General of the Federation.”....

In fact Kogi vehemently maintains that the Oil Prospecting Leases (OPL) 915 and 916 straddle across the three states and therefore could not be said to belong to Anambra alone...

Having invested about N4.4 billion prospecting for oil in the area, Anambra State government has described the claim by Kogi and Enugu as “an afterthought” in that the two states have invested virtually nothing towards oil prospecting and development within the river basin. Even at that, Orient Petroleum admits that although the bulk of the oil wells is in Anambra territory, the Anambra basin straddles various states.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/resolving-the-anambra-kogi-disputes-over-oil/145852/
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by Tosman12(m): 4:27am On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva: I don't know much about the politics of Kogi state but Lokoja is the worst looking state capital that i've ever been to. When i went there for the first time, i was asking people if that was the world famous Lokoja. I think the state government have to improve the lot of the state and it's people.
1 million like for you.
As in i pity this state because even from this tread u'll cee the kind of tribal sentiment that extremely overcloud there judgment.....let me make it simple..if u are an igala man/woman call a spade a spade.
I knew prominent kogite and its disapointing wen we argue and dey sound like lokoja if ok, just because dey are igala but the truth is dat an igala man is there and nothing is developing please do u expect pple to blame yorubas or ebiras? In those days when a thief is caught dey take him to his home town for execution ,thaats exactly what is happening.
To patch road in state capital takes more than 1month after digging and it take max 2 mont to break up again.
Kaduna junction(welcome to lokoja in zango) is so bad for more dan 7 yrs its has never bin repaired i wish som1 can use a better word to discribe it to NL.
Light: please dont even go there.
Barack to otokiti village is dat the imagination of dat igala talking about development?
B4 d flood a stresslight was done along ganaja road and blive me the first rain dat fell brought down everything and the contractor whom i kno verywell was not sanctioned due to d fact that na chop i chop him take collect the job.
Junction to government house in zenith juction was disgustiong for more than 2 yrs and the only thing i see is an annoying sign-post dat state dat '' this gov has touch our lives by sons and daughter in lagos'' and i ask myself is this the kind of infrastructure the sons and daughters enjoy in my eko ile?

If u are igala take it,tuck it in and zip it up, its bitter but from this tread it shows dat you guyz cant vission what development means and feel its ur state no1 is expected to define its meaning to you.
The only reason y specialist hospital is better is because the director has a vission.
I once took my wife to FMC for checkup, i went inside and told my wife to lets go because of a stupid coment a doctor made which is so unethical and i personally filed a complain against him to the board.

The state really really need a change and dat change has to happen now like yesteryear.
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by james1(m): 4:35am On Aug 21, 2013
This and many other government buildings in kogi state is a shame to the state goverment and an insult on the people.I have been to different parts of kogi state and I have one sentence to describe the governors,past and present,BACKWARD!
Only okene makes sense in the whole state and that's becourse of her indigenes,not the state government.
The leaders that tranformed what we now call the developed world encouraged,embraced and cherished innovation.
There is nothing that's beyond reach,though we must all understand that change starts with the mind.
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by james1(m): 4:58am On Aug 21, 2013
When governors and senators can't feel ashamed for their shameful acts;when they cover themselves up for so much rubbish however thick it is,when they feel they doing the people they are supposedly serving a favour,when they pay or caused to be paid to themselves unreasonable salaries and emuluments,when they start getting scared of same people they go out to plead and shake hands with telling tons of promises they know in their heart of hearts they never ever intend to fulfill in other to get votes.these men are either not sane or just been wicked.
The problem we have is not mr president but the NASS,governors,local government chairmen and councillors.these guys are responsible for taking the benefits of government to the commoners.what we having now is:THEY ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS!
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by cjrane: 6:01am On Aug 21, 2013
Tosman12:
Truth is bitter.

Thanks

My brother, you are absolutely correct. Before the creation of Kogi State, Idah was the largest town in the state.I had personally thought Idah or Ajaokuta would be capital. Well, it was taken to Lokoja.But the saddest part is that even after Attah Igala had appealed many times for Idah to be upgraded with a River Port and a Bridge,the Government in Lokoja had never even mentioned such requests to the FG. Yet, Igala youths have given them almost unquestionable support! Consequently,Idah have been left to rot.It is a sad situation that must be rescued fast.
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2013
crackjoor: Biggest lie of the year! Mr. OP go and look for a beta work to do than spreading false stories! Me dey stay Lokoja and that's the capital...

I don't understand...
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by slimfit1(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2013
In life you at least see the truth in a insult normally I would apologise or perhaps would not make such an insensitive comments. Everybody is insulting me no time did you insult or blame your leaders, you keep insulting me for not voting in one person that would bring a change to your state. All the leaders you have produced cannot say this is what I have done. Kogi should be one of the most developed state in Nigeria with all the massive resources you have, your youths should all be employed, but you all keep proving me right for calling you names. I'm going to like everybody that provide me right.
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by slimfit1(m): 9:06am On Aug 21, 2013
Olu abayomi :

As your name appears so also ur medulla oblogata working. Ur fada

Thanks one like for you. By the way I've lived with some of your people so I know what I'm saying.
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by slimfit1(m): 9:08am On Aug 21, 2013
temyayo:
Which state are you from asshole

Lagos you ?
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by slimfit1(m): 9:10am On Aug 21, 2013
Joavid:
are u alright??

I'm all left sir the truth is very bitter sir.
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by slimfit1(m): 9:13am On Aug 21, 2013
darichlife:
do you know what you are? A smelling slunk

I will check the dictionary sir ma keep the insult simple next time so your people can understand please thank you sir.
Re: Inside Kogi Trade Fair Complex » Photos by slimfit1(m): 9:28am On Aug 21, 2013
ladenz:

you can be so insensitive at times. how do you think a Kogi indigene will feel when he reads this post. its not right for people to hide behind social media to insult others. NL moderators have to be very careful. We have seen how Social media led to the revolution in the middle east. we should not take for granted what our insulting comments can generate outside. we are all free to have our various opinions but we should be state them like mature people

Sorry we don't need to be sentimental all the time, kogi people should be the richest people in Nigeria. To have ajaokute still iron ore in there state and it state looks like a dump site is a shame. It describes the kind of people that lives there as shameless and uneducated set of bush people I'm using it again ant I. If one of there governors and legislatures can't make sure that those resources are taped then definitely the people are as bad as their leaders for not standing up to make sure that site works again.
You are what you eat, you deserve the leaders you have because you all the same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st / Buying N6.1bn Cars For Reps In National Interest – Reps Committee Chair / Charms, Fetish Items Dropped At Ikot Ekpene - Uyo Highway In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.