Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,603 members, 7,929,972 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 08:17 AM

El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire (25015 Views)

Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ / El-Rufai, Buhari & Other APC Chieftains Laughing (Photo) / Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by oonwuali(m): 11:47am On Aug 20, 2013
hercules07: Seven year old article, why are guys so dishonest.

Even if it 19th century article, Buhari is still Buhari. He has not changed and he will never change.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by mrking3(m): 11:50am On Aug 20, 2013
Royal Roy: Haba!!! Habatically!!

[size=28pt]2006 OLD STORY [/size]
†ђξ year and date mallam wrote that Article is inconsequential! And doesn't change †ђξ FACT that Buhari is unelectable! What Buhari is in 2006 is still what he is in 2013! Nothing has Changed! Lols!!! Elrufai has just shot himself on †ђξ foot!! Now †ђξ same old man he talked about not having anything to offer is still †ђξ Man warming up as †ђξ party's flag bearer!! Shakes M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ head!!! at one point or †ђξ other! I know some of †ђξ party members have had something wrong to say about Buhari! Now its like they're coming back to lick their vomits!! Shameful!!

1 Like

Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by texaco1: 11:59am On Aug 20, 2013
Bizibi: Buhari is a leader he can still contribute something to the northern region,it is not a must to be a president
He is useless and he has nothing positive to contribute again other than inciting and inflammatory statements.
What did he contribute to elimination of boko haram and to putting a stop to their activities
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by omenka(m): 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Old decomposed article!!!

Recently, he was queried by journalist over his new romance with Buhari et al and his response was that only a fool wouldn't change his opinion when faced with new hard facts!!

Mods, I duff my hat for you guys! Smh.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by omenka(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
texaco1:
He is useless and he has nothing positive to contribute again other than inciting and inflammatory statements.
What did he contribute to elimination of boko haram and to putting a stop to their activities

And what use is your father, and your extended family put together, to the country
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
kayomo is loquacious
amaechi is traitor
fashola is a fraud
tinubu is a thief
apc is a looting machine
buhari is a bokoharamite
lai mohammed is a lier
elrufai is sick and confused
faruk is a crook
ffk is a fckin LovePeddler
rochas is dead politically
lagos don baje.......but lagosians have not realised this yet

GEJ is fresh air
GEJ till 2019

signed
Team fresh air

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by RozayGambino: 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
mr_king: Thank u mallam Elrufai!! But let me be quick to say we already know that Buhari has nothing to offer so its not New!! and bunch of you too! Especially you!! Should also take †ђξ back stage! You don't have anything to offer as well!! You'all in APC are gang of disgruntled politians that desperately wants to seize power from Jonathan by any means!! Reason why some of you old fools would make statements like "if Jonathan wins in 2015, Nigeria will seize to exist" that shows how extreemist some of you can be! Out of Desperation you'all in CPC spilled innocent blood of young corpers! †ђξ memories is still fresh!! APC is already dead on arrival!!

My Friend dont misguide Nigerians here. you should try to be precise in attempts to make points.
The statement you quoted was made by the General himself.
i and other fellow informed Nigerians refuse to accept that Mallam El-Rufai and his fellow party members are 'disgruntled Politicians' thats a grossly inappropriate qualification.

Also, its quite difficult to beleive that El-Rufai made this statement because in #TAPS(The Accidental Public Servant) he painted Gen. Buhari as one of the few Nigerians -and if i remember correctly, the only person he sounded like he endorsed for presidency- who can lead this country to where she needs to get.

In my opinion, i also beleive that the General, for no reason should be given another chance to run this country. His Head of State rule was infamous, and in the recent years he has shown that if Nigerians made a mistake to put him in Aso Rock in 2015, he would be not too different from how he was in Dodan Barracks.

We Should pledge our full support to APC. May God help them choose the right Presidential Candidate.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by texaco1: 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
omenka:

And what use is your father, and your extended family put together, to the country
We promote peaceful coexistence among all nigerians by preaching peace and harmony unlike your own family ,father mother and siblings who are busy carrying drugs all over and tarnishing nigeria image ,and slaughtering people all in the name of religion and politics.ode oponu ayirada
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by BrightCar: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
GEN BUHARI, HAVE YOU NOT READ THAT THOSE IN GLASS HOUSE DO NOT THROW STONES? FORGET ASO ROCK, NOT IN OUR GENERATION ANYMORE. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by everG: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
EL-RUFAI! UR RIGHT. DATZ SAYING D TRUTH WITOUT BLEMISH
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by omenka(m): 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
taharqa: It was actuali written about 3 years ago in 2010, just b4 d last election. And NO, it is still very Current; d points, and d HYPOCRISY, I mean..... Abeg Bros, Excusu me, make I laugh small grin grin grin grin

Wanna know the actual definition of that word, ask Aniko Briggs and Asari Dokubo, and Doyin Okupe, and Oh, the King of all, REUBEN ABAtI!!!!!

When you are done doing all that, take a look in the mirror and smile....you'd see another smiling right back at you.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by specco(m): 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
omenka: Old decomposed article!!!

Recently, he was queried by journalist over his new romance with Buhari et al and his response was that only a fool wouldn't change his opinion when faced with new hard facts!!

Mods, I duff my hat for you guys! Smh.

What are the new hard facts? Please share with us.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by PStacks(m): 12:19pm On Aug 20, 2013
El-Rufai and Buhari, who has done more for Nigeria?
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by texaco1: 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
specco:

What are the new hard facts? Please share with us.
You dey mind dat one wey no know wettin he dey talk
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by teedolls(m): 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
Whoever has paid you to make this completely misleading post just paid for you conscience. I don't only blame you, but I also blame people who reads this article and can't see through its paradox of content. Before you make any comment on any post read, think and analyse which fact is worth your comment.Please let's eradicate ignorance from nairaland. Unverified post like this shouldn't make the front page no more.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by Afroconnect: 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
El-Rufai Nigeria will never vote in a bicth-nigger like you as president...way too petty and bitchy,someone will slap up your mouth someday soon.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by eldoradoxx: 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ess:

And when he says the fact about the drunk fisherman what will you do? Disagree because of your warped biased thinking!
My lawyer friend told me about what in law is called statement against self/proprietry interest. If a person writes a thing that is not favourable to him for instance, he categorically writes in a document that let's say property subject of this dispute is not his or that a child is not his biological son, then prima facies, the law would believe him over and above those he claims are his. If El rufai could make up and vomit these stuff against Buhari, then I assume he was making this statement against his own interest and which I assume to be true until he says otherwise. Since he has never been in same camp with GEJ, I choose to believe all his attacks as product of blind pitiable malice.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by ignis: 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
Samgreguc: El-Rufai which side u dey?
Probably on the fence between PDP and ACN.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by malipalina: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
that is the mentality of a typical Nigerian politician! their person can change at any time based on the sentiment the share with their believe
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by Bizibi(m): 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
texaco1:
well it is true but all this politicians and elite only think of positions in govt without thinking of doing something for their regions
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by fuke(m): 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
Seun Is PDP from Head To Toe.
Why this stale news as thread to cause confusion in APC?
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by danny301: 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
mr_king: Thank u mallam Elrufai!! But let me be quick to say we already know that Buhari has nothing to offer so its not New!! and bunch of you too! Especially you!! Should also take †ђξ back stage! You don't have anything to offer as well!! You'all in APC are gang of disgruntled politians that desperately wants to seize power from Jonathan by any means!! Reason why some of you old fools would make statements like "if Jonathan wins in 2015, Nigeria will seize to exist" that shows how extreemist some of you can be! Out of Desperation you'all in CPC spilled innocent blood of young corpers! †ђξ memories is still fresh!! APC is already dead on arrival!!

Sometimes i wonder if some of you use your brain at all, and to think that some persons are already liking your 'delusion' is not only pathetic but also disappointing . Don't you think that what you ventured into has no bearing with what El-rufai was telling Buhari.... Wait a minute, do you have the slightest understanding of democracy is all about?.... Are you by any way thinking that GEJ should be returned to Aso rock in 2015 unopposed or are you suggesting that Nigeria should beginning to operate one party system?...You don't come to the social network and insult people because they want to contest election(s) in a democratic setting regardless of your opinion about them.... I don't know why people like have refused move in this 21st century, almost every other thing and people have moved...............
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by politicalpastor: 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
WHEN I WAS IN PRIMARYSCHOOL, OUR TEACHERS TOLD US THAT BUHARI WAS THE FORMER PRESIDENT AND BABANGIDA IS THE PRESIDENT,
OUR TEACHERS ALSO TOLD US THAT WE ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMMOROW, BUT 20 YEARS LATER, BABANGIDA AND BUHARI ARE STILL VYEING AND CONTESTING FOR PRESIDENT.
ITS EITHER OUR TEACHERS LIED TO US OR TOMORROW HAS NOT COME YET.

Built2last:

source: http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/buhari-has-nothing-to-offer-should-retire-says-el-rufai/

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by smyle24(m): 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
God help u El-rufai, if it were to be those days of d military... Meanwhile I think Mallam is becoming to mouthy lately. Somebody help me ask, is he not part of them?
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by successking: 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ok, let the war begin! Where is your response, Buhari?
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by blackmale1: 1:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
Let this attention sluring midget sit the fvck down joor...
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by obibanks: 1:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
Whether the story Ȋ̝̊̅§ old or not, its still A̶̲̥̅ fact. Our parents told us dat their teacher told dem dat "they were the leaders of 2moro" wen buhari was incharge, its either their teachers lied †φ dem or the "2moro" neva reach
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
owie05: El-rufai,u hav notin 2 offer either.U ple shuld leav GEJ alone.3decades of power in d North has cause more harm dan Gud..

You are right. Both of them got nothing to offer Nigeria. I remember their name calling

El-rufai is a pathetic liar says GEJ

GEJ is the father of oil thieves says El-rufai

Both of them are clowns, no way for them
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by Godmann(m): 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
My qualities of a good leaders entails sincerity, courage, smartness and principled.

Buhari will have 3/4 in all these. He is sincere, has courage and principled. He is not Smart. For Buhari to a successful President, he must work with smart people.

As for all the other leaders; they are mostly insincere criminals who lack principle. GEJ and Gowon never had courage. Some may think Obasanjo had courage; I tell you he never had. It was only when he had all the powers that he did what cowards do best - bulldoze and abuse weaker people. A study of Obasanjo's relationship with Nzeogwu, Danjuma and the recent revelations by one Alabi will do for him. GEJ was born a cunning weakling and so he will remain. Gowon was a scheming manipulator and he helped Ojukwu and others in bringing the war over us. IBB was an insincere criminal.

We will never get an angel to rule Nigeria. The criminals among us will always remind us of the failings of the few that are sincere. When we have a sincere man like Buhari; it is our duty to help cover his weak-points in changing our country.

Take it from me, sincere people are hardly Smart. It's takes criminal mind to be smart. let us not crucify Buhari for not being as smart as he should have been. If he has been smart; IBB's coup would have been avoided and our history would have been different.

Built2last:

source: http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/buhari-has-nothing-to-offer-should-retire-says-el-rufai/

The attention of Mallam Nasir El-Rufai has been drawn to statements from Generals Muhammadu Buhari and Ibrahim Babangida purporting to be responses to the advice he gave both men to retire.

Since Babangida libelled whole generations of Nigerian youth as being unfit for leadership, age has become an issue in the coming elections. While it is true that neither youth nor age supplies wisdom on their own, it makes sense to ask those who have been recurring decimals in our country’s sorry history to leave the stage. That is all El-Rufai asked of these men who seem to think that their failure to do their best for Nigeria when they had the chance qualifies them for a return to office. Our people surely deserve better.

El-Rufai is amazed that General Buhari cannot debate this matter without scurrying to the gutter, making claims that are baseless and unsupported by any facts. Mallam El-Rufai’s tenure as FCT minister was a period of stellar performance in remaking our federal capital. Despite the difficult decisions that had to be taken to restore Abuja, Mallam El-Rufai continues to receive deserved praise and recognition for his achievements in restoring the Abuja master plan, introducing Nigeria’s first computerised land registry and helping thousands of Nigerians achieve their dreams of home ownership in the federal capital. Buhari is perhaps one of a tiny few blinded by their prejudice from recognising the quality of El Rufai’s service.

That same prejudice accounts for the baseless claims of corruption Buhari levels against El Rufai. The fact is that Mallam El-Rufai served Nigeria with integrity and has never been convicted of any corrupt act. He is boldly contesting the false charges which the Yar’Adua government filed against him in court. It is strange that a Buhari who protests when unproven claims of N2.5 billion (about US $3billion in those days!) missing oil funds are levelled against him can gleefully elevate similar claims into facts when it concerns another. How would Buhari feel if the corruption allegations made against him by Group Captain Usman Jibrin, then a board member of PTF, are today reported as if they were proven facts? So much for “corrupt background” and “shoddy performance”.

Mallam El-Rufai wishes to remind General Buhari that he has remained perpetually unelectable because his record as military head of state, and afterwards, is a warning that many Nigerians have wisely heeded. His insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known. In 1984, Buhari allowed 53 suitcases belonging to his ADC’s father to enter Nigeria unchecked at a time the country was exchanging old currency for new. Against all canons of legal decency, he used retroactive laws to execute three young men for drug-peddling after they were convicted by a military tribunal and not regular courts of law. Buhari was so high handed that he gave himself and his officials immunity even from truthful reporting. That obnoxious Decree 4, against which truth was no defence, was used to jail journalists and attempt to cow the media as a whole. That tyrannical legislation shows the essence of his intolerance. These are facts of recent history.

The story of counter-trade and import licensing, the cornerstone of Buhari’s stone-age economic strategy and those whose interests it served, is a tale for another day.

Mallam El-Rufai respects both Generals Buhari and Babangida as elder statesmen. He believes their age, experience and guidance may contribute to the success of any future government. El-Rufai however believes that it is time for a new generation of leaders with new thinking and wholesome democratic attitude to move our nation forward. The vicious response by the Buhari camp to a simple statement that their almost-70 principal should retire is proof enough that a Buhari, the new Democrat, tolerant of views different from his own, is yet to evolve. And that is sad, for his fledgling party and its leadership. Buhari and his cohorts may wish to reflect that it will take more than attacks on personalities to become electable. Having seen his version of discipline, Nigerians are not likely to cherish an encore. But they will welcome an engagement with the issues and problems of everyday life that have hobbled the peoples of this land

Let take be straight with facts here. Elrufai is obviously convinced Buhari was not corrupt. He was only trying to claim his innocence by reminding Buhari of false accusations against him.

Elrufai's only case against Buhari is what I have marked in Red.

His counter trading, he only called archaic and used the power of literature to hide the fact that he cannot make a good critic of it.

The next is the killing of Drug trafficker which I will call a minor error. Drug trafficker deserve to pay with their life; though it is improper to use a retroactive law to affect such.

The harassment of journalists may not be that bad knowing fully well how corrupt and willing to work for evil camps that our Journalists are.

The 10 suite cases is a clear error of judgement that might have helped corrupt individuals.

But one thing is clear, Buhari has made mistakes like every other normal human being; but has not been manipulative and lying like the IBBs, Abacha's, Abiola, Gowon,s Obasanjo's, and GEJ.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by maclatunji: 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
See the deceptive tactics of PDP agents. The decent thing to do is to put the date of release and not edit it out to cause confusion. This is nothing new, expect more misinformation from Camp wuruwuru and magomago.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by maclatunji: 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
maclatunji:
Response to General Muhammadu Buhari and his Party by Nasir El Rufai - 'Buhari should stick to facts'

The attention of Mallam Nassir El-Rufai has been drawn to statements from Generals Muhammadu Buhari and Ibrahim Babangida purporting to be responses to the advice he gave both men to retire.

Since Babangida libelled whole generations of Nigerian youth as being unfit for leadership, age has become an issue in the coming elections. While it is true that neither youth nor age supplies wisdom on their own, it makes sense to ask those who have been recurring decimals in our country’s sorry history to leave the stage. That is all El-Rufai asked of these men who seem to think that their failure to do their best for Nigeria when they had the chance qualifies them for a return to office. Our people surely deserve better.

El-Rufai is amazed that General Buhari cannot debate this matter without scurrying to the gutter, making claims that are baseless and unsupported by any facts. Mallam El-Rufai’s tenure as FCT minister was a period of stellar performance in remaking our federal capital. Despite the difficult decisions that had to be taken to restore Abuja, Mallam El-Rufai continues to receive deserved praise and recognition for his achievements in restoring the Abuja master plan, introducing Nigeria’s first computerised land registry and helping thousands of Nigerians achieve their dreams of home ownership in the federal capital. Buhari is perhaps one of a tiny few blinded by their prejudice from recognising the quality of El Rufai’s service.

That same prejudice accounts for the baseless claims of corruption Buhari levels against El Rufai. The fact is that Mallam El-Rufai served Nigeria with integrity and has never been convicted of any corrupt act. He is boldly contesting the false charges which the Yar’Adua government filed against him in court. It is strange that a Buhari who protests when unproven claims of N2.5 billion (about US $3billion in those days!) missing oil funds are levelled against him can gleefully elevate similar claims into facts when it concerns another. How would Buhari feel if the corruption allegations made against him by Group Captain Usman Jibrin, then a board member of PTF, are today reported as if they were proven facts? So much for “corrupt background” and “shoddy performance”.

Mallam El-Rufai wishes to remind General Buhari that he has remained perpetually unelectable because his record as military head of state, and afterwards, is a warning that many Nigerians have wisely heeded. His insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known. In 1984, Buhari allowed 53 suitcases belonging to his ADC’s father to enter Nigeria unchecked at a time the country was exchanging old currency for new. Against all canons of legal decency, he used retroactive laws to execute three young men for drug-peddling after they were convicted by a military tribunal and not regular courts of law. Buhari was so high handed that he gave himself and his officials immunity even from truthful reporting. That obnoxious Decree 4, against which truth was no defence, was used to jail journalists and attempt to cow the media as a whole. That tyrannical legislation shows the essence of his intolerance. These are facts of recent history.

The story of counter-trade and import licensing, the cornerstone of Buhari’s stone-age economic strategy and those whose interests it served, is a tale for another day.

Mallam El-Rufai respects both Generals Buhari and Babangida as elder statesmen. He believes their age, experience and guidance may contribute to the success of any future government. El-Rufai however believes that it is time for a new generation of leaders with new thinking and wholesome democratic attitude to move our nation forward. The vicious response by the Buhari camp to a simple statement that their almost-70 principal should retire is proof enough that a Buhari, the new Democrat, tolerant of views different from his own, is yet to evolve. And that is sad, for his fledgling party and its leadership. Buhari and his cohorts may wish to reflect that it will take more than attacks on personalities to become electable. Having seen his version of discipline, Nigerians are not likely to cherish an encore. But they will welcome an engagement with the issues and problems of everyday life that have hobbled the peoples of this land.

Muyiwa Adekeye
Media Adviser to Mallam Nasir El-Rufai
October 4, 2010

http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4154:el-rufai-replies-buhari&catid=47:politics&Itemid=65
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by texaco1: 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
People should stop trying to be deceptive and cunning,the issue of date has got nothing to do with the fact that elrufai did indeed make these statements,whether it was 100yrs ago or 100 seconds ago,the fact remains the he made this statements.
"Those that live in glass houses must learn not to throw stones"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strange Response Of PT's Olawepo Hashim To Election Postponement / NNPP Campaigns In Nassarawa Local Government, Kano (photos) / Fayose Hails Buhari’s Inaugural Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.