Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,593 members, 7,929,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:43 AM

El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire (25014 Views)

Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ / El-Rufai, Buhari & Other APC Chieftains Laughing (Photo) / Clark Should Retire From Politics, Not Me — Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by anonimi: 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2013

Mallam El-Rufai wishes to remind General Buhari that he has remained perpetually unelectable because his record as military head of state, and afterwards, is a warning that many Nigerians have wisely heeded.
His insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known.
In 1984, Buhari allowed 53 suitcases belonging to his ADC’s father to enter Nigeria unchecked at a time the country was exchanging old currency for new.
Against all canons of legal decency, he used retroactive laws to execute three young men for drug-peddling after they were convicted by a military tribunal and not regular courts of law.
Buhari was so high handed that he gave himself and his officials immunity even from truthful reporting.
That obnoxious Decree 4, against which truth was no defence, was used to jail journalists and attempt to cow the media as a whole.
That tyrannical legislation shows the essence of his intolerance. These are facts of recent history.

The story of counter-trade and import licensing, the cornerstone of Buhari’s stone-age economic strategy and those whose interests it served, is a tale for another day.

Interesting excerpt from the SMD.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by eldoradoxx: 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
MAYOWAAK: I have never sat on the fence with regard to any significant issue that affects my person, my neighbourhood,community, and my country. I have been consistent in expressing my views boldly and clearly based on the best information at my disposal at any point in time - no matter what discomforts some may have about such views, and at whatever costs they might impose on me. When superior information or better arguments convince me to change my position, I do so without hesitation, egotism or false pride. I never hang on to the illusion of yesterday’s views and opinions when new information or circumstances prove them defective or outrightly wrong. I have never sought personal advantage at the expense of another person. I have never gone to bed with a grudge,because I express myself clearly and usually immediately. I wake up the next morning renewed, having forgiven the offender,and ready to start afresh again-Mallam Nair El-Rufai in his book Accidental Public Servant,Page 361.

My Prognosis:There are only two people in the world that don't change their minds,God and a fool.EL-Rufai has proved he is neither.Parochial minded individual are implored to extricate themselves from their cocoon.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by eldoradoxx: 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
MAYOWAAK: I have never sat on the fence with regard to any significant issue that affects my person, my neighbourhood,community, and my country. I have been consistent in expressing my views boldly and clearly based on the best information at my disposal at any point in time - no matter what discomforts some may have about such views, and at whatever costs they might impose on me. When superior information or better arguments convince me to change my position, I do so without hesitation, egotism or false pride. I never hang on to the illusion of yesterday’s views and opinions when new information or circumstances prove them defective or outrightly wrong. I have never sought personal advantage at the expense of another person. I have never gone to bed with a grudge,because I express myself clearly and usually immediately. I wake up the next morning renewed, having forgiven the offender,and ready to start afresh again-Mallam Nair El-Rufai in his book Accidental Public Servant,Page 361.

My Prognosis:There are only two people in the world that don't change their minds,God and a fool.EL-Rufai has proved he is neither.Parochial minded individual are implored to extricate themselves from their cocoon.
What is there to change his mind about. Change his mind over allegation of fraud that he gave full details of and particularised? Is it now saying that Buhari is no longer a thief and perpetually unelectable since Buhari invited him to his camp? Buhari may be clean, but we want El rufai to come out publicly and retract that statement, let him come out and tell Nigerians he is a blooody liar and actually lied against Buhari. Anything short of this would make us believe him as saying the truth and will use it against him to hunt his master Buhari

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by ShineuEye: 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
eldoradoxx: What is there to change his mind about. Change his mind over allegation of fraud that he gave full details of and particularised? Is it now saying that Buhari is no longer a thief and perpetually unelectable since Buhari invited him to his camp? Buhari may be clean, but we want El rufai to come out publicly and retract that statement, let him come out and tell Nigerians he is a blooody liar and actually lied against Buhari. Anything short of this would make us believe him as saying the truth and will use it against him to hunt his master Buhari

GBAM!!!
1,000,000 likes
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by ShineuEye: 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
anonimi:
Mallam El-Rufai wishes to remind General Buhari that he has remained perpetually unelectable because his record as military head of state, and afterwards, is a warning that many Nigerians have wisely heeded.
His insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known.
In 1984, Buhari allowed 53 suitcases belonging to his ADC’s father to enter Nigeria unchecked at a time the country was exchanging old currency for new.
Against all canons of legal decency, he used retroactive laws to execute three young men for drug-peddling after they were convicted by a military tribunal and not regular courts of law.
Buhari was so high handed that he gave himself and his officials immunity even from truthful reporting.
That obnoxious Decree 4, against which truth was no defence, was used to jail journalists and attempt to cow the media as a whole.
That tyrannical legislation shows the essence of his intolerance. These are facts of recent history.

The story of counter-trade and import licensing, the cornerstone of Buhari’s stone-age economic strategy and those whose interests it served, is a tale for another day.

This was when El Rufai was not blighted by money and religion.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by onimcee1(m): 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
good article from a bad guy. Though it was written when they were still antagonists, its currency and authenticity is not in doubt.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by bubadaniel13: 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
It doesn't matter when this statement was made, all i know is that El rual is an epitome of confusion, who doesn't even know what he wants,he is large mouthed at the same time arrogant over his frailties, there is nothing left about El rufai to believe again..
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by maclatunji: 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
texaco1: People should stop trying to be deceptive and cunning,the issue of date has got nothing to do with the fact that elrufai did indeed make these statements,whether it was 100yrs ago or 100 seconds ago,the fact remains the he made this statements.
"Those that live in glass houses must learn not to throw stones"

If the date truly "does not matter", why did pointblanknews.com, delete its date and then modify the press release's title?

The fact that these things happened show that they do matter and those spreading deception should bury their heads in shame.

I think people should be sued for things like this because that is how they incite hate and violence. We know their tactics and they are illegal.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by aikhegbeevans: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
Built2last:

source: http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/buhari-has-nothing-to-offer-should-el rufar shld go n sit down.retire-says-el-rufai/
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by deb(m): 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
9iceboi: Pdp all the way... Let dem continue 2 fight..

Don't PDP fight? Mtscheeew
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by buntubuntu: 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
The truth remains sacrosanct, anytime, any day,anywhere.
By the way,El-Rufia has not told us he has changed his views about Buhari.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
old age is the second childhood, when you are old you start behaving like a child
buhari is old,
figure it out

in politics, an out of favour politician can get back into favour with the masses by attacking another politically dying politician just to play to popular sentiments.
el rufai is out of favour with the masses

work it out

1 Like

Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by NJlapto1: 5:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
Its seems some Pathetic GEJ Fans have to travel all the way to the past to try to make a lame point. undecided
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by bigmo1(m): 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
miqos02: thank you for this, but how come it made front page?

because seun needs to make more money.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by mojah19: 7:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
Indeed the time has come when brother will rise against brother, father against son. APC is not the solution as u can see.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by killuminati(m): 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
PDP dey campaign! Anything to discredit Buhari. Lol e no go work!
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by BMZK: 10:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
Seun is a business man. How do you expect him to maximize profits without adverts and sponsored articles? Politicians have free cash to dish out.
professionalism vs integrity is the quiz of the day.
Shine your eyes.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by maclatunji: 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
buntubuntu: The truth remains sacrosanct, anytime, any day,anywhere.
By the way,El-Rufia has not told us he has changed his views about Buhari.

So, why is the truth being modified? To what aim and purpose? I have no problems with posting whatever El Rufai wrote about Buhari in the past.

However, the decent thing to do is to post it as was initially released. That the document was altered makes it clear that those "truths" are not "sacrosanct" to those that are misrepresenting this press release.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by joevicon: 12:03am On Aug 21, 2013
Jungle is beginning to mature. The skeletons hidden in the "progressive" cupboards will be made manifest for the good people of Nigeria to see korokoro. Best of luck, El-Rufia and presidential-candidate-for-life Buhari.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by diresimdi(m): 6:40am On Aug 21, 2013
A divided northern house...,Hmnnnnn! hw can it stand. Anyway, its good for the prospe cts of pdp come 2015.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by texaco1: 8:29am On Aug 21, 2013
BMZK: Seun is a business man. How do you expect him to maximize profits without adverts and sponsored articles? Politicians have free cash to dish out.
professionalism vs integrity is the quiz of the day.
Shine your eyes.

But if the article was against pdp then seun is a good man ,abi?we know ur type
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by Babaji111(m): 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
I always tell my people about El-Rufa'i in CPC and now APC that I do not believe his loyalty to General Buhari as being a PDP member for years. Now things are unfolding. Nigerians can manouvre to succed in their own way eigther 'maradonic' or otherwise. POLITICS is a dirty game, I guess.undecided
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by emy1trillion: 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2013
Thank you El-rufia 4 blasting d old men.
The young has grown for crying out loud.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by maclatunji: 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2013
Babaji111: I always tell my people about El-Rufa'i in CPC and now APC that I do not believe his loyalty to General Buhari as being a PDP member for years. Now things are unfolding. Nigerians can manouvre to succed in their own way eigther 'maradonic' or otherwise. POLITICS is a dirty game, I guess.undecided

Chai, thou hath been fooled.
Re: El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire by fineworker(m): 9:39am On Sep 01, 2013
Prof Corruption: The moderators and OP should bury their heads in sea of shame. This piece was released some years ago but is being presented as if it's released today. That's not good. Be kind/fair enough to present accurate picture of things.
You should know that truth is eternal, the time this piece was released wasn't the issue but the truth and good tidings that it brings remains till eternity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Journalist Allegedly Beaten Blue And Black In Imo Over Political Matters / Forgery: Atiku Disowns Saraki, others / Soldiers Arrest Grace Abdu, VOA Journalist For Interviewing Resident Of Oyigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.