Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,794 members, 7,965,951 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 05:44 AM

Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) (36288 Views)

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Chuka Umunna Declares Intention To Run For Labour Leadership In UK / Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by patrikobi: 12:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
All categories of retired civil servants have been paid up to March this year. The finances and General Purposes Committee has been strengthened to entrench due process, transparency and accountability in the award of all government contracts. The reconstruction, evaluation and updating of the state government’s debt had been done at the state level, the first in the south East zone. Plans have been concluded to extend same to the LGAs before the end of the year. The government has fine tuned appropriate framework and strategy that would compel remittance of collected revenue to the Board of Internal Revenue (BIR). This has become necessary because revenues expected from various internal sources have failed to reach projected levels.T.A is been active ever since the second tenure ,and we are happy that transformation has come to stay

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Afam4eva(m): 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
^^^
Mr Man, are you not ashamed of yourself. Do those project looks like what you see in other states?

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Echem: 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
I am from Abia State specifically Umunneochi LGA. We must be grateful to the lady that captured the ineptitude of our RULERS in Abia state for the whole world to see. It is quite unfortunate that no one dares challenge the bad governance in God's Own State. In Abia state we do not have credible leaders but looters who make the government house their family farm and barn. The former governor's era was characterized by MAMACARASY while this era is characterized with SONCARASY. This is unfortunate. But I know for sure, as sure as ever that one day there will be massive revolution in Abia state that will swallow all these looters in both GH and National/State assembly houses that take the life and well being of abians for granted.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Abagworo(m): 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ba7man(m): 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
I'm glad there are aa lot of mature Igbo folks on this thread.

We need more pics like this from all regions to expose our leaders to their responsibilities.

Everything isn't about APC and PDP.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by RedMullet: 1:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
I lived in Aba for some years.....these pictures posted by the OP essentially captured the state of things in Aba...

Aba is a completely dilapidated town....it has be re-build from the scratch.

No light...No water (no single mini-water work in the whole of Aba shocked shocked)...life is tough in that city...very tough.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ba7man(m): 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
Abagworo: I'm so certain that if we dig Nairaland archive for topics on the bad roads in Aba, it could exceed 100. Here are just a few

1) https://www.nairaland.com/1392529/bad-roads-massob-curses-abia

2) https://www.nairaland.com/1366503/state-roads-aba

3) https://www.nairaland.com/1053322/lawyers-protest-bad-roads-aba

4) https://www.nairaland.com/562655/roads-aba

5) https://www.nairaland.com/1086866/pictures-aba-roads-weep-state

6) https://www.nairaland.com/1236161/bad-government-abia-state

Its not about how many threads there are on NL, the question is "What is being done about these roads"??

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ba7man(m): 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by welovethee(m): 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
Una say ORJI Uzor Kalu = BAD GOVERNANCE.
Theodore ORJI = BAD GOVERNANCE.
I am sure its in the name.
MY ADVISE: Next time, please avoid any ]ORJI candidate.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Fabfunki(f): 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
@ least,it is beta dan bini
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by eagleeye2: 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
patrikobi: All categories of retired civil servants have been paid up to March this year. The finances and General Purposes Committee has been strengthened to entrench due process, transparency and accountability in the award of all government contracts. The reconstruction, evaluation and updating of the state government’s debt had been done at the state level, the first in the south East zone. Plans have been concluded to extend same to the LGAs before the end of the year. The government has fine tuned appropriate framework and strategy that would compel remittance of collected revenue to the Board of Internal Revenue (BIR). This has become necessary because revenues expected from various internal sources have failed to reach projected levels.T.A is been active ever since the second tenure ,and we are happy that transformation has come to stay
Patrik,
Tuale once again.... you dey always try to defend your ogac the Job no easy.... but stop posting pix its annoying..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ocelot2006(m): 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
I'm an Akwa Ibomite, but I'll this: Abia state, especially under Thoedore Orji is a TOTAL DISASTER and a disgrace to the SE. Now I know some of my Igbo brother will be pissed with me, but pls let's be honest. The whole state's one big mess with pothole-infested roads, especially that large latrine called Aba. The only good thing about the state is the Umuahia-Aba-PHC FG-owned road. Only God knows how Orji won a second term. That man is a disgrace to the PDP.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Samotology(m): 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2013
Very soon Gov Theoder Orji will be welcomed in d senate come 2015 to continue his good work.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by systemz(m): 1:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva: It's obvious the OP had an agenda when she brought out her cameras to take pictures. of course these pics are mostly like those of Aba but you can't travel to Aba and tell me that these are the best pictures you could take.
Haba! Someone made a report about BAD LEADERSHIP and you expected heavenly pictures.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by FreeGlobe(f): 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
owolabifunke14: tnx,people are busy calling me all sorts of names. I wonder hw I got it wrong.
Dont mind them, you have done a great job, just that the actions of some people have made everyone paranoid on nairaland. lol

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ulonnaya21: 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
aba roads
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by obinalihe: 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
@Echem,you are talking shit ,Abia have had some changes ,poverty has be wiped clean from the land, kidnapping and Armed Robbery is a thing of the past, all roads are motorable, everyone feeds well, all the streets and homes have lights (guess there's an awesome gas turbine providing that), free education for all (did ABSU student protest recently), no hassle, no stress; all thanks to TA Orji, the most performing Governor in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Lagosbabe1: 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
I was against the former title of the thread which has been changed. I could care less about exposing the criminal in the name of Theo Orji.

No Afam, you initial post was not about the title of the thread, please let us be frank. Your comments were:

It's obvious the OP had an agenda when she brought out her cameras to take pictures. of course these pics are mostly like those of Aba but you can't travel to Aba and tell me that these are the best pictures you could take.[i][/i]

That comment was not about the title, it was about the OP taking those particular pictures.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Abagworo(m): 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
ocelot2006: I'm an Akwa Ibomite, but I'll this: Abia state, especially under Thoedore Orji is a TOTAL DISASTER and a disgrace to the SE. Now I know some of my Igbo brother will be pissed with me, but pls let's be honest. The whole state's one big mess with pothole-infested roads, especially that large latrine called Aba. The only good thing about the state is the Umuahia-Aba-PHC FG-owned road. Only God knows how Orji won a second term. That man is a disgrace to the PDP.

@bolded. You seem to have made your judgement from the internet. Umuahia does not have bad roads and is probably one of the few cities in Nigeria where 99.9% of roads are tarred and free from pot holes. Thanks to its manageable size and population. The Enugu-PHC Road is even bad and hence deserves no commendation. We need videos of a ride within Aba area as that will give a clearer view of state of things than pictures which can be selective.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Orikinla(m): 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
The present state of the environment of Abia is a reflection of the level of development of the people and the IQ of the governor of the state.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ba7man(m): 1:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
Tundeolaniyi: This type of road is everywhere. Even my area here in Ikeja is worse than this. But that is not to say that Orji should not wake up to his responsibilities.
Liar. There is no place in Ikeja that looks like this.

Where in Ikeja are u talking about?? Liar.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Orikinla(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2013
Let us pray.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by vislabraye(m): 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
Did you stay in one of those houses in the neighborhood where you took those pictures? If this thread is about exposing the ineptitude of Theoodore Orji then i'm in support but the thread title has to be in consonance with that. You can't tell me that those pictures represents your trip to Abia state?

That's what she said. The thread is about bad governance. I know its not all Igbo town that's like this. For instance, Enugu is far better than this.
Just try to see what the poster has in mind.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by Nebeuwa(m): 1:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
This is not news. Aba is a dump. Sometimes I feel like Aba is being punished by Abia politicians especially from Umuahia and the Bende area of that state. Umuahia is not bad but it is not as important as Aba. Theordore Orji main focus is his hometown of Umuahia. Most of his legacy projects are in Umuahia, not Aba.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ocelot2006(m): 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2013
Honestly, I'm actually concerned about Abia state 'cos it is a MAJOR COMMERCIAL HUB. But Orji has done that state a great disservice. Even small rural Ebonyi state has better roads than Abia.
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by mcdokwe(m): 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2013
obinalihe: @Echem,you are talking shit ,Abia have had some changes ,poverty has be wiped clean from the land, kidnapping and Armed Robbery is a thing of the past, all roads are motorable, everyone feeds well, all the streets and homes have lights (guess there's an awesome gas turbine providing that), free education for all (did ABSU student protest recently), no hassle, no stress; all thanks to TA Orji, the most performing Governor in Nigeria.
stories that touch the heart,guess you are living in the future

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by sejere: 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2013
Those pictures are even better, probably covering the areas visited by the guy who posted those pics.
I live in Aba and I know Aba very well. In the whole of Abia state, there is no city that can compare with Aba in Population, money generation and even in environmental degradation. Aba is a shadow of its self. There is no sign of governance in Aba. Drie along Aba PHC expressway, you will cry the inhabitants. There is no road in Aba. Take a drive along umungasi rd, brass street to faulks rd, drive around the famous Ariaria int'l mkt, drive along Alaoji rd, even the inner town areas (Okigwe rd, eziukwu, even milverton, take a tour and see things yourself. I was born and i grew here in Aba. Drive to cemetery mkt, ahia ohuru where we have enyimba int'l stadium.
The guy asking for video evidence, u dont really need it, d pics even speaks well of Aba.
Umuahia is been maintained with the money made in Aba.
I dont need to give u more pics, if u want to see things urself, take a trip and u will be shocked that there is no sign of governance in Aba. In the rainy season, Aba is a write off, especially the Ariaria environs.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by abacrested(f): 2:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
This is just the true state of roads in Aba,tank God for the huge amount that flows in Aba,it wld have colasped,TA is just clueless and Old dat al the xposure he's geting from his overseas trips he can't replicate in Aba a town blessed with Bussiness.all the streets in Aba are now closed,very pathetic
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by bonna4u(m): 2:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
Kudos to the poster for posting real pictures of the state of roads in Aba. @ that liar who posted a misleading picture of milverton road in Aba, I will get the real picture of milverton road and past here by tomorrow. It looks like what amateur carpenters and tailors were employed to rehabilitate.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by ocelot2006(m): 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
Abagworo:

@bolded. You seem to have made your judgement from the internet. Umuahia does not have bad roads and is probably one of the few cities in Nigeria where 99.9% of roads are tarred and free from pot holes. Thanks to its manageable size and population. The Enugu-PHC Road is even bad and hence deserves no commendation. We need videos of a ride within Aba area as that will give a clearer view of state of things than pictures which can be selective.

My brother, my statement was drawn from my own experience within the state. Abia state tends to serve as a transit point for me during my trips from Taraba to PHC/Uyo, or trips trips from Uyo to PHC via Etim Ekpo. For the later, I finally opted to travel to PHC via Ikot Abasi, as I have absolutely no intentions of damaging the shock-absorbers of my car due to the Abia's bad roads and LG tax men exthort money from motorists for "radio tax".
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by kodimoore(m): 2:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
Re: Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) by InHim4Him(m): 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
Adelaide2: Yoruba girl went to Aba and snapped only the bad places? You know see good places abi? This is tribalism, I swear? grin grin

Make I post photos of bad places in Lagos, Ibadan and Ife? grin gringrin grin
Please post better pictures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2023: Power Shift To South ‘Non-Negotiable’ - APC Secretary / Fani-kayode Hospitalised After DSS Grilling, Says Lawyer / Chief Fredrick Nwajagu Vows To Invite IPOB To Lagos For Protection (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.