Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,809 members, 7,915,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 08:32 PM

Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams (62117 Views)

ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities / UI 2009/2010 Post Ume Exams With Instructions / To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 7:33am On Aug 11, 2008
Yo adewaleafolabi, it's me gbade. . . are you in school already? You don check your GP? Holla
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ishow2005(m): 11:45am On Aug 11, 2008
@wordsmith
adewale na eshin him don check am and i don even check am as well for am.
@all
Well by now you should have checked ur admission cos ppl that have been shortlisted has been callin me and from me i say congratulationnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssss to you and do i hear u give thanx to God Almighty first and if u r a muslim do i hear u say Alliamdulillahi 3x.i am very happy for you and if u r not shortlisted as well plz still give thanx to God cos He knows better atleast this is just the first list another list is comin out so take it easy and why wil u not even give thanx wen some that even wrote the jamb then are not alive again atleast for being alive is enough so let all give Praises to the Almighty God.
Now that you have been shortlisted,i can authoritatively tell u from my experience that u r 80 to 90% in UI.all that u just need is to come and defend ur result and most importantly increase ur prayer so that u will meet the good side of the interviewer and also make sure that u
1.pray.
2.let the self confidene be established
3.Prepare and be at the venue as early as possible
4. use simple english so that they wil not ridicule or turn u to laughing stock.
5.be free with them,they r fathers and mothers as well and they want the best for u.it is just because of the ppl that buy there results that they r trying to fish out cos they want only the serious ones in ui.
6.relax and be conversant wit ur results and ur course of study.
wen i mean ur course of study,i do not mean that u should know much about medicine or engineering but i mean the elementary of ur course of study cos they do not expect that u know that since u r just comin in .E.g is someone that is comin for electrical electronics such a person shd be vast in elecronic aspect of physics and physics as a whole and he shd be sound in his mathematics and be prepare for all the why questions of this world eg why do u choose ui,why economics etc .
just know the basis and imagine a student comin for economics and who can not differentiate btw micro and macro economics,then u shd know that such a person is not fit.when u r also ask about anything if u dont know the exact answer just try to describe it and if u cant let them know that u dont know it. i stop here for now .all da best.08082087131.www.az.9hz.com to get motivated the more.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by darequam(m): 11:51am On Aug 11, 2008
Guys guys guys, i think its high time we start having a cold and itchy feet.
Someone called ma dad yesterday claiming to av checked hers on saturday, Where are u guys getting ur info from? I will only bliv that of a Ui Admin official and not some talks dat it was due to powerfailure.
I think its better we go there b4 d date and demand the real truth.
This girl said she checked her status going thru the UI portal/admission/check status.
I've tried same procedure and it keeps showing to me
'u av not been admitted pls try next year'
and i'm pretty sure i beat the cut off. I urge others to try this same procedure.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ishow2005(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2008
well,it is now online and i have seen two people that have checked it and even the print out and those that checked their before today must have done that either tru the department or tru the ict office where everytin is being process shikena.no protest ok?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ba2undey(m): 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2008
GUYS WHAT ARE WE ALL SAYING IN HERE IS IT THAT THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE ANYTHING LIKE SHORT-LISTING OR WHAT? TO BE STRAIGHT WITH YOU ALL AM NOT GETTING ALL YOU ALL HAVE BEEN POSTING.
SO SOME ONE SHOULD JUST TRY TO PUT MORE LIGHT ON THIS ISSUE AT HAND CAUSE IT REALLY DRIVING SOME OF MY GEES WHO ARE ALSO ENROLLING INTO UI.
SOS, :oSOS, :oSOS, SOS shocked
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2008
@ ishow2005,

how does one check it when one gets back to school? Admin office?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ba2undey(m): 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2008
hey folks the stuff is opening, all you gat to do if you haven't checked your's it that you enter http://www.ui.mycportal.com/cportal/web?cp_cs_ParentTab_band=0&cp_cs_SubTab_band=0&Event=default&TabName=2008/2009%20Admissions%20For%20U.I.%20Regular.Admission%20Check and then you are there or better still enter into the ui site i mean www.ui.mycportal.com the click on ADMISSION THERE YOU WILL FIND TWO SUB MENU THEN YOU CLICK ON CHECK STATUS that all bye
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by donzayd: 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2008
glory be to god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got status!!!!
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ibksolar: 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2008
Guyz, U1, I'm Invited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ba2undey(m): 4:27pm On Aug 11, 2008
FOR THOSE OF U GOING FOR THE INTERVIEW

Please all should note that i don't mean you should wear exactly what i stated in the post for the interview am just trying to give you a guide line and all that
Dressing for Interview Success

While the college campus may be the perfect forum in which to exhibit your flair for the latest in fashion style, the interview is not the place to do so. With very few unusual exceptions (my apologies to Apple Computer and several creative agencies in NYC), sandals and sweatshirts are out. Oxfords and business suits are still in. I don’t like a necktie (noose?) any better than the next person, but it is still a fact of life in interviewing. Even though many companies have relaxed the internal company dress code, interviews still follow the conservative standard. Don’t buck the trend.
Campus fashions and work fashions are two different worlds.

Unfortunately, most college grads are woefully underprepared with proper interview dress. They feel they can “get by” with what is already in their wardrobe. Usually not. Dress for the world outside college is quite different from the campus scene. Remember that stylish is typically not conservative. Conservative is “in” for interviewing. Why? Because you should be doing the talking, not your clothes.

This is not to say that you need to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe. Go for quality over quantity. One or two well-chosen business suits will serve you all the way to the first day on the job and beyond. Then, when you are making some money (and have a chance to see what the standard “uniform” is for the company), you can begin to round out your wardrobe. For now, no one will fault you for wearing the same sharp outfit each time you interview. If you desire some variety within a limited budget, you might consider varying your shirt/blouse/tie/accessories as a simple way to change your look without breaking your wallet.

For those of you who need a quick review of the basics, follow these guidelines for successful interview dress:
Men and Women
• Conservative two-piece business suit (solid dark blue or grey is best)
• Conservative long-sleeved shirt/blouse (white is best, pastel is next best)
• Clean, polished conservative shoes
• Well-groomed hairstyle
• Clean, trimmed fingernails
• Minimal cologne or perfume
• Empty pockets—no bulges or tinkling coins
• No gum, candy, or cigarettes
• Light briefcase or portfolio case
• No visible body piercing (nose rings, eyebrow rings, etc.) or tatoos

Men
• Necktie should be silk with a conservative pattern
• Dark shoes (black lace-ups are best)
• Dark socks (black is best)
• Get a haircut; short hair always fares best in interviews
• Fresh shave; mustaches are a possible negative, but if you must, make sure it is neat and trimmed
• No beards (unless you are interviewing for a job as a lumberjack!)
• No rings other than wedding ring or college ring
• No earrings (if you normally wear one, take it out)

Women
• Wear a suit with a jacket and skirt or slacks; no dresses
• Shoes with conservative heels
• Conservative hosiery at or near skin color (and no runs!)
• No purses, small or large; carry a briefcase instead
• If you wear nail polish, use clear or a conservative color
• Keep your makeup simple and natural (it should not be too noticeable)
• No more than one ring on each hand
• One set of earrings only

If you are still unsure about the specifics after reading the above guidelines, check out a copy of John Molloy’s New Dress for Success or New Women’s Dress for Success. While these books may seem to have a rather conservative slant, it is still the norm for interviewing. It is almost always better to be higher than the standard than lower.
If you are still not sure how to dress for the interview, call and ask! That’s right—call someone who has done the interview before maybe in another school or in the same school you are enrolling into and say:

“I have an interview with _____ which is part of my chances of getting admission in the school as a _____. Could you please tell me what would be appropriate dress for this interview?”

Sure, you run the risk of someone in SCHOOL thinking you are a social slowpoke, but that’s a lot better than having the SCHOOL REGISTRAR distracted by inappropriate interview dress. When in doubt, it is almost always better to err on the side of conservatism.

One final note on interview dress: while it goes without saying that your interview clothes should be neat and clean, very few interviewees give the same time and attention to their shoes. Shoes? Yes, shoes. I am aware of at least one Corporate Recruiter who forms first impressions based solely (pardon the pun) on shoes. This person does not have a shoe fetish—he subjectively judges that those who pay attention to details like shoes are also likely to be diligent in their work life. And it is not just that person’s opinion. Many have said that you can judge a person by their shoes. You will find that many ex–military officers (many of whom have found their way into management positions in corporate America) are especially aware of a person’s shoes. It is not enough to be clean and pressed. Make sure your shoes are conservative, clean, and polished.

I really got to get going, I believe this little explanation of mine will do a lot of fellas going for the interview good, but if it doesn’t then I really don’t know what to say or where you may need to go for that.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by darequam(m): 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2008
Now i av a rest of mind. I've finally been able to check ma status and i've been invited.
74.5 for mech-engineering.
Hope to get favourable questions at the interactive section.

Goodluck to u guys hope to see u there, even though i might not recognise u.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2008
Invited too. cool
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2008
@Wordsmith
Am not in school, but ishow checked it 4 me, its okay.
@ALL
Congratulations to those who got in for the merit list, don't be too confident yet. You're not in yet until you've been offered admission. For those not shortlisted yet, on sweat you also still have a chance of getting in. I never made the merit list but thank God today am a student in the department of my choice Economics.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by olayinmol: 8:12am On Aug 12, 2008
Tnks guys,
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ishow2005(m): 9:04am On Aug 12, 2008
yes oh and that is the spirit oh afo.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by wildguy(m): 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2008
i still dont get it, what info am i supposed to enter to check ma status, ?? its kinda confusing
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Dugaski: 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2008
Good Day Ishow2005,

Please may i know how UI past interactive screening are been conducted. I have been reading so hard and i will like to know how they conduct the inerview. I will be grateful if you advise and instruct me on what to do.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2008
Just a quick question here, is it a must that the JAMB notification slip should be laminated? And, how many photocopies each should one make of the requested documents?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 1:48pm On Aug 12, 2008
wild guy:

i still don't get it, what info am i supposed to enter to check ma status, ?? its kind of confusing

Ol' boy, you'll make use of ur UME Number and the PIN you used to submit ur result to UI Portal. Hope that helps. cool
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2008
@U1

It's not a must that the original Jamb Notification Slip be laminated, University of Ibadan do not accept laminated slips, but for safety purposes, you could print out two original slips, laminate one and keep the other, and please make as many photocopies as possible for the slips, afterall you have nothing to loose but everything to gain once you are accepted by this "higher institution"!

[quote][/quote]life is like altitude, the higher you go,
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2008
Thanks jars for the info. cool
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ibksolar: 10:36am On Aug 13, 2008
Guyz,
Pls what else is needed for this INTERVEIW .Pls.
Anyway , Special thanks to YOu all nairalanders especially U1 , u are rally great and helpful.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by edijalo: 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2008
I want to wish all of you that made it to the first of shortlisted list, best of all lucks. God will see you through. And we that did not made it to the first shortlisted list, God is with us, He will remember us also. Let us keep praying and be alert for any further changes. (I felt like crying when I am writing this message but I hold on to my faith, because it does not change GOD, GOD is is till GOD and Olajide is till olajide.)
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by olayinmol: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2008
Edijalo,i love ur courage ,
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by mekk(m): 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2008
all these freshers, better watch it, no magomago
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ba2undey(m): 2:43pm On Aug 13, 2008
for those of you going for the interview you should try to get a letter from waec office that is for those using last year's g.c.e result.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by emmy4naira(m): 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2008
hey guys congrats to everyone shortlisted, guess ur interview went well as well, anyway best of luck.
so l think it's time we started to focus on us that were not shortlisted on what and what to do for those who know what to do anyway. thanks guys
hope dey
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ba2undey(m): 10:38am On Aug 15, 2008
PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHEN THE SCREENING RESULT BE OUT. IF YOU DO PLEASE SHARE IT THANKS
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by austria(f): 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2008
am trying to print original jamb result with the card purchased from jamb office but am being unable to view my picture on the result slip. can someone pls help by telling what to do b4 i break down
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by austria(f): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2008
PLsssssssssssssssssssssssssss, wordsmith, pls i saw it on the net that the admission status of those who choosed UI as their 2nd choice should check the web on the 26th of august. could you pls tell me if this is true
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Dugaski: 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2008
Hello Friends,

Please can someone tell me how the interview was conducted.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 10:08am On Aug 16, 2008
Happy that I've crossed the interview bridge now, just have to wait for the outcome and see which way to go from there. wink

@ austria

If you have not printed the notification slip yet, here is how to do it. After logging in with the information requested, a page with all the result details would be displayed, click on print button somewhere in the middle of the page, from there you'll be taken to your real notification slip with your picture inserted. Hope that helps. wink

@ Dugaski

The interview would be on the basics of subjects most relevant to your proposed course of study. For those going for Economics, you should expect things like cost, pythagoras theorem and others like that. You can related that to your own course too. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

See How Lazy Students Reason In Picture / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Benue State University New Dress Code For Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.