Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,906 members, 7,876,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:22 PM

NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday (11078 Views)

Nigerian Railways Resumes Haulage Of Containers / WIKE Flags Off Operation Zero Potholes With Julius Berger In Port Harcourt. / Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by obasichris(m): 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
Thank God OOOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS ON THIS NEWS LETS CONTD PRAY FOR THOSE IN AUTHORITY ESPECAILY OUR DEAR CONTRY NIGERIA, PEACE & PROSPERITY AMN

2 Likes

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by publisher(m): 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
Clerverly:

Comedian

Serious man
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
Wow! This development would go a long way in extending d lifespan of the roads/highways used by the trucks. Finally, the railway is being put to proper use. Kudos to the NRC and GEJ for this feat.

4 Likes

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by anonimi: 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
Good news.
We dey wait for the pictures tomorrow and all through the weekend showing the train from departure at Apapa to its destination.
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by dam4sam: 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
nnn
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by nebeolis: 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
since i have been following up this website topic i found out one thing here for one tribe and there coment all the time .but that comment always go against the people of south easth/ss .i i strongly conclude that the south west dosn't want any good things to be happening in entire old south east region they want every thing to be in there domain even claiming that in a few years to come they will reclaim all what belongs to south easth part of this country and the moderator will allow the topic to be on front page but it's too bad .and tha warse part of it is that they claim that they are highly educated but the must embasle the nigerian ecconomy. it's so bad
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by porryred(m): 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
NAIJA POLICE NO GO DEY HAPPY O.HOW THEM WAN DEY TAKE COLLECT ALL D OVERLOADING AND COUNTERFEIT GOODS MONEY FROM THEM TRAILERS N TRUCKS DRIVERS ON THE ROAD?I NO SAY DEM GO MOUNT RAIL-BLOCK NOW INSTEAD OF ROAD-BLOCK grin
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by awodman: 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
^^the announcement of cargo operations didn't just start with this thread..several thread has been created about this for the past one month..mind you these tracks have been existing but whr dormant and are now rehabilitated..because one anonymous e-individual comes up with claim you expect us to swallow it hook,line and sinker against what a reputable newspaper has reported

Anyway its just friday(tomorrow) and it will be flagged off by the transport minister and as usual nairaland will be flooded with the pictures.So stop hating
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Stylaay(m): 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
I really admire and respect GEJ the man has brought about so much changes by putting round pegs in round holes. Alot still needs to be done. The destruction the past leaders of this country unleashed on it cannot be corrected in three years. More power to your elbow boss. Inspite of the demonic boko haram and thier sponsors we are still feeling the impact of this government. If only your wife could just be focused like u Mr President you would achieve more

1 Like

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
GOODLUCK 2015 you will win again.....Madam NGOZI......till 2019.....then you take over as president,...haters go hug shiroro dam transformer too smalltongue
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pls why is this thread still on page ONE since morning, Haters have no story to tell, nothing to criticize any more...[b]Demdem [/b]and his cohorts grin grin grin
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by docjuli(m): 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
brainpulse: This Friday? At Apapa port? I work at Tincan I don't see any rail laid close to Apapa port terminal. From PTML Grimaldi jetty to maersk Jetty even around Liverpool area.

Maybe off Apapa port.

The rail goes from APMT to Lillypond (@ Ijora) and is operated by APMT.
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by ocelot2006(m): 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
Fresh air....breath in, breath out grin

1 Like

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by damibravo(m): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
I wont be surprised if it uses one week on the rail....
you need to experience rail transportation before shouting fresh air.... 90 seating, 120 standing in a coach!
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by docjuli(m): 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
At all saying rail is invisible, o di kwa egwu. Take a bus to Ijora Badia, then take the route where the AP tankers park, it will lead you to the rails. When you get there, snap picture and us it as your homescreen/wallpaper. Stay there tomorrow to record the noise of the locomotive and use that as your ringing tone.

Wish you best of luck.

1 Like

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by mrvictor: 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
nice one!
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Funjosh(m): 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
crackhaus: Good development.

Just an opinion here, why does every major industrial and/or economic boom have to be centralized in lagos by the federal government. I mean sentiments apart, there are tonnes of other ports that can be used optimally to serve their purpose » calabar, benin, warri, port harcourt etc.

We get how lagos is the commercial capital but heck, that is just stuffing up the whole place. Lagos already is the entertainment capital, the financial(banking) capital, the industrial capital, and bad as it may sound, it is also the tourism and culture capital because that is where most tourists land before moving on.

Good development is good if it is diversified and spread across the entirety of Nigeria.

My statistics may not be accurate but I believe that in the US; New York is the financial(banking) capital, California the entertainment capital, Texas the industrial capital, Alaska leads in tourism I think, and so on and so forth...

Yet they complain of over-crowding in Lagos, but why won't there be congestion when in actual fact, Lagos is one of(if not even) the smallest state by land mass south of the River Niger.

#EndOfRant!

#MiddleOfRant! There is no port in Benin :-D
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by awodman: 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
docjuli: At all saying rail is invisible, o di kwa egwu. Take a bus to Ijora Badia, then take the route where the AP tankers park, it will lead you to the rails. When you get there, snap picture and us it as your homescreen/wallpaper. Stay there tomorrow to record the noise of the locomotive and use that as your ringing tone.

Wish you best of luck.
Great advice!..I hope they put it into practice
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by InvertedHammer: 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
//

I hope they will be moving only the containers that need to be in Kaduna, Kano or any of the northern states.

It will really suck if you live in Lagos to find out that your container has been moved to Kano or Kaduna

by omission or commission. Let's hope they got the logistics down to the wire.

//
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
When he promises,he delivers.....GEJ is the magician of our time...anything he touches automatically changes to RAW GOLD....nice development.........meanwhile congrats to d 042 peeps one d new international airport.....Fresh air dat can never be polluted everywhere you go.
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by amakenny: 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
omatss: Mr. President sir, well done. May God almighty strengthen you in all your transformation agenda. Shun all form of distraction and remain focus. 2015, your good work will speak for you. I love you.
Wow, in less than three years GEJ IS ALREADY SETTING POSITIVE RECORDS, AND THIS IS DESPITE ALL THE DISTRACTIONS TO HIM BY ANTI DEMOCRACY PEOPLE WHO WAGE WAR AGAINST HIS ADMINISTRATION.
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by ujoinme: 5:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
nice development ,Kudos to GEJ administration.
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by miky(m): 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
publisher: [size=14pt]Privatization of PHCN is almost 90% complete.

Enugu Airport is now truly international after 40years of promises but no action.

Agriculture is booming,with production at an all time high.

And now movement of container goods by rail has resumed after an almost 30 year lull.

Abeg,even if you hate GEJ,u must accept that this Niggar has really tried in spite of all the horrible distractions meted out to him by Boko haram...and APC.

Well done Mr President.[/size]

jonathan has done good.. i would be impressed with him if he can deliver on power, that alone could make him nigerias greatest president so far...

trust most nigerians to condemn him, they like loud, arrogant, hot air blowing presidents..
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by miky(m): 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
damibravo: I wont be surprised if it uses one week on the rail....
you need to experience rail transportation before shouting fresh air.... 90 seating, 120 standing in a coach!

it would take 60-90 trucks off the road!! are you not happy with that.. the slow trains are manageable, building a new one from scratch would require nothing less than 60 billion dollars and years... do you suggest we wait? and where do we get that kind of money?

1 Like

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by naptu2: 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
The rail lines have existed since the colonial era. I'm looking at my 1985 Lagos map (SPDC) and it's there. The problem is that the rail lines were not maintained and they were blocked. It's been rehabilitated now.

The line starts at Commercial Road, runs almost parallel to Wharf Road, an arm branches off towards Badia, another line branches off in the opposite direction and then it joins the Lagos-Kano line at the Ebute Metta Junction (that's why it's called a junction).

1 Like

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by petrov10: 7:58am On Aug 23, 2013
naptu2: The rail lines have existed since the colonial era. I'm looking at my 1985 Lagos map (SPDC) and it's there. The problem is that the rail lines were not maintained and they were blocked. It's been rehabilitated now.

The line starts at Commercial Road, runs almost parallel to Wharf Road, an arm branches off towards Badia, another line branches off in the opposite direction and then it joins the Lagos-Kano line at the Ebute Metta Junction (that's why it's called a junction).

naptu ..Ve bin trying to send u a Pm it has nt bin going....How do i contact u..I need u to tell me sometin
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by otokx(m): 9:10am On Aug 23, 2013
We patiently await the evidence of things to come...the assurance of things unseen.
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by naptu2: 9:22am On Aug 23, 2013
petrov 10: naptu ..Ve bin trying to send u a Pm it has nt bin going....How do i contact u..I need u to tell me sometin

kseventsng@gmail.com
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by naptu2: 9:25am On Aug 23, 2013
It's been ages since I last saw the rail track. In the 1980s the track at the port was often shown on an NTA business documentary (I think it was Contact). Now I'm going to show you maps of the rail line from a 2009 map and a 1985 map.

My apologies for trying to blind you, but you'll need to zoom in to see clearly (the track is the black line).
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by naptu2: 9:28am On Aug 23, 2013
The 1985 map shows the full length of the track, while the 2009 map shows the track up to the point it was obstructed. The track was damaged at some points, while shanties and other obstructions had been constructed over the track at other points.
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by naptu2: 9:35am On Aug 23, 2013
Apapa Station, End of line, etc (2009 map).
[img]http://naijachronicles.files./2013/08/mapimage_lat6.png[/img]

Ebute Metta Junction (2009 map). This is where the Apapa Line joins the National Line (Kano-Iddo).
[img]http://naijachronicles.files./2013/08/mapimage_lat6-part-4.png[/img]

Junction and end of line (2009 map).
[img]http://naijachronicles.files./2013/08/mapimage_lat6-part-3.png?w=584[/img]

Apapa-Ijora area (2009 map)
[img]http://naijachronicles.files./2013/08/mapimage_lat6-part-2.png?w=584[/img]

1985 Shell Petroleum Development Co map showing rail line in Apapa area.
[img]http://naijachronicles.files./2013/08/img01726-20130822-2000.jpg?w=584[/img]

1985 Shell Petroleum Development Co map showing rail line terminus @ Commercial Road.
[img]http://naijachronicles.files./2013/08/img01725-20130822-2000.jpg?w=584[/img]

1 Like

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by naptu2: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2013
Once again, my apologies for trying to blind you smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Set Of Elders Back Ogah, Demand Ogah's Inauguration / God Will Not Allow Any Other Party In Lagos Except APC – Oba Akiolu / Gang-up Against Obasa: His Speakership Position Under Threat In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.