Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,469 members, 7,888,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:26 AM

Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail (20009 Views)

Photos: PDP Burial Procession In Kaduna By APC / Photo: Protest In Kaduna By Victims Of 2011 Post-election Crisis / Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by anonimi: 7:38am On Aug 24, 2013
Greaaat: Why be say na wen Jona dey quarter to go na hin him don do something small small abi na my eye
Hello Jona daft you're not going anywhere your village otueke you better go and finish the sch So u cn resume as a lecturer

It is very sad when you read something like the above from someone who is supposed to have gone through school and obtained some education with the capacity to think and reflect before saying anything.
Really sad!!!

How long do you think it takes to plan, rehabilitate railway lines and coaches before you actually see the trains moving
How much dedication, by the CURRENT leader, to the ultimate goal do you think is needed to get to the final manifestation that we are seeing today in the rail sector
Governance is more than the quick-fix yoyo projects of buying 150 taxi cabs, for example, by Amosun that the APC eWarriors were jumping up & down excitedly about.

https://www.nairaland.com/1407942/amosun-launches-150-taxi-cab

No!
It is about well thought out POLICIES whose effects may take a while to be felt by the citizens.
I hope that is something you are capable of understanding!

12 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 24, 2013
phayvoursky:

MUMU. IT COULD HAPPENED IN UR NEXT GENERATION.

TELL URSEF D THE BITTER TRUTH.

GSM CREDIT WAS GIVEN TO OBJ. I GUESS AZIKIWE STARTED IT.

SORRY BROS SINCE IRRELEVANCIES IS WHAT WE CELEBRATE WHO DO WE GIVE CREDIT TO FOR SHOPRITE
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 24, 2013
karl max: where are the apc hypocrites that said it was a lie when someone posted about this news yesterday...GEJ would continue to disgrace u people on nairaland... am waiting for u people to come and claim it's obj's project
My friend keep quiet! 40 containers is what will make what change? How long does it take to transport humans the same distance with this 1672 railroad service yall got going? Now, how long do u think it'll take to take transport cargo the same distance? Lmao pls u guys are just not used to good things that's all.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by tiet: 8:02am On Aug 24, 2013
Good work, can't wait for a very comfortable and reliable passenger's train smiley. Dat Ll also keep a lot of cars off d road and reduce traffic

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ernersinfobank(m): 8:22am On Aug 24, 2013
If you don't have your own comment live someone's else's. Lol.

owolabifunke14: Are you not too old for this kind of stunt? Is GEJ your God?
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 24, 2013
Nice one by GEJ....
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by AroOkigbo(m): 8:30am On Aug 24, 2013
Haters are dying.
Keep hating.
Kudos to GEJ and his team!
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by agabaI23(m): 8:30am On Aug 24, 2013
What stunt?
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by 0monnak0da: 8:34am On Aug 24, 2013
Rossikk:

Dude, the fact that the colonialists did all that and yet left you with just one half-university for 100 million people at independence should tell you who that rail system was set up for, and it wasn't for you.

I said we were doing better a 100 years ago you said; "no" and I gave you proof and now you start sermon.
Guy Set up a church if you want to preach. MY statement was a matter of FACT = true or false. Just admit you were wrong. But as a naija you would rather drink cement mixed with soda

100 years ago Nigeria was moving tonnes of good on trains full stop !!
When this starts working hopefully they will collect and preserve data just like the colonialists
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by 0monnak0da: 8:36am On Aug 24, 2013
dubeeek: Any news on the line from Lagos to the East.
They have cancelled it because the SW governors will not give C of O for the line to pass through their territory
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Erotex(m): 8:42am On Aug 24, 2013
............and his enemy submitted. Jonathan all the way. Today @ Enugu e dey happen!!
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by agitator: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2013
the ibos have a saying that "a cockroach can never be innocent in a gathering of fowls." undecided undecided undecided

If GEJ does anything positive, it is attributed to OBJ or Yar Adua. Meanwhile he takes the blame for all the failed infrastructures.
No Power - Blame GEJ
No equipment in Schools and Hospitals - Blame GEJ, etc. wink wink wink

5 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by gerald09(m): 8:52am On Aug 24, 2013
What these Homos couldn't achieve in 35 yrs GEJ has done in 2 yrs if he successfully achieve the electricity issue den d south has beaten the North 3-0 n remember the North had a 35yrs head start.

6 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by anonimi: 8:58am On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da:
They have cancelled it because the SW governors will not give C of O for the line to pass through their territory

The highlighted seems very illogical in present day Nigeria.
Do you have evidence/ links to your assertion?
Which specific SW governors "will not give C of O"?
Otherwise .........

I hope you are not been ingenious and trying to start some useless ethnic baiting.

3 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ba7man(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2013
And G.E.J scores a vital Goal..!!!!!!

Abeg, people should relax jooor. This is good news regardless whatever angle it came from. We should be celebrating.

All that's left is the consistent improvement of this.

4 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by niceface(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2013
I pray it is sustained.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Whyte01: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2013
GOD BLESS GEJ 4 DOING THIS and for does who kal him name may shame cum upon u all.gej till 2019.#teamfreshair.

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by gerald09(m): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2013
kingoflag: My friend keep quiet! 40 containers is what will make what change? How long does it take to transport humans the same distance with this 1672 railroad service yall got going? Now, how long do u think it'll take to take transport cargo the same distance? Lmao pls u guys are just not used to good things that's all.
Am sad for people like u. Do u fink Rome was built in 1 day. I rather have these old railroad services dan no services @ all. With a little continuity he (GEJ) can reduce trucks on the road. Even if it take a million yrs to transport good, eventually an iboman will come up with a faster way (I trust them). People like u run away from Nigeria go to another country n deceive urself dat u are 1 of dem. Shame!!! GEJ carry go jarre make dem blood dey boil it call (having the cup half full).

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by SenatorJames(m): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2013
In as much as I'm not a politician but a good leadership activist. Lets appreciate something good when we see one.

May be things we continue to better in this country if we encourage Leaders on something done good and give constructive criticism when they make mistake

i give it to the Presidency on this progress. I saw it at Ijoko railway station yesterday
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 24, 2013
Haters pls try to appreciate good things when you see one..GEJ is working and am going to register and vote him in come 2015, fashola come 2019 because he is good not because of where he is from...am a big time nigerian.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Symphony007: 9:11am On Aug 24, 2013
gerald09:
Am sad for people like u. Do u fink Rome was built in 1 day. I rather have these old railroad services dan no services @ all. With a little continuity he (GEJ) can reduce trucks on the road. Even if it take a million yrs to transport good, eventually an iboman will come up with a faster way (I trust them). People like u run away from Nigeria go to another country n deceive urself dat u are 1 of dem. Shame!!! GEJ carry go jarre make dem blood dey boil it call (having the cup half full).
rome was not built in a day and it was'nt built in a century either. While your government is busy rehabilitating colonial railways, others are building high speed, semi high speed rails. Maybe it will take nigeria a billion years to get there since rome was not built in a day.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by pcnwamadi(m): 9:14am On Aug 24, 2013
ndu_chucks: It is quite sad to see how some people are celebrating haulage of containers by rail in Nigeria. What is even sadder is the ignorance of the youths in this country. It might interest readers to note that we had a fully functional railroad system way back in the 70s.

Passenger and freight trains ran from Lagos to very far North regularly back then. So what is there to celebrate? My own celebration will come when GEJ and his incompetent handlers are kicked out of office and replaced by a more competent group. Shi kena.
Olodo, wat are u waiting for, go and kick dem out.. animal
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ncpat(m): 9:15am On Aug 24, 2013
360command: This is good . E dey totori me for body. I hope we will not see a nigeria mexican cowboy version where they are trying to rob a train in the old texas region.

To me this is a very simple matter, the law makers in Nigeria need to pass a law that any body caught carrying out robbery activities on railway or the likes should be sentence to death by hanging because it will be clear when you are caught as there will be many passengers to testify against you.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ayobase(m): 9:16am On Aug 24, 2013
eddiebruk: Indeed Nigeria is really backward, of course when there are no infrastructure the people are bound to celebrate what is not even worth being considered a worthy development, bring in your insults by trying to politicize it comparing GEJ regime with others, but this is just between Lagos and Kaduna, what happens to the other 34 state,..? really you want to celebrate this in a country...? Ya'all should take a break and get out of Nigeria to see better haulage schemes.

We do know that of course.
Our pace has been sabotaged over the years, and somebody is here to set the pace back.

It is gradual process.

If a child that was once fat is starved, he will grow thin. And the child wouldn't grow fat instantly the day he is fed again.

Even at that desperate point, trying to over feed him to grow fat instantly will result to problem.

GEJ could be slow, but he is making progress...gradual process na the koko!

3 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by vanunu: 9:29am On Aug 24, 2013
GEJ is working, I heard that the rail line from PH to Maiduguri will be through by next year.

Please can any one in the house tell me whether Fashola has finished any 50km road, Please I want to know.

1 Like

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ayobase(m): 9:31am On Aug 24, 2013
anonimi:

It is very sad when you read something like the above from someone who is supposed to have gone through school and obtained some education with the capacity to think and reflect before saying anything.
Really sad!!!

How long do you think it takes to plan, rehabilitate railway lines and coaches before you actually see the trains moving
How much dedication, by the CURRENT leader, to the ultimate goal do you think is needed to get to the final manifestation that we are seeing today in the rail sector
Governance is more than the quick-fix yoyo projects of buying 150 taxi cabs, for example, by Amosun that the APC eWarriors were jumping up & down excitedly about.

https://www.nairaland.com/1407942/amosun-launches-150-taxi-cab

No!
It is about well thought out POLICIES whose effects may take a while to be felt by the citizens.
I hope that is something you are capable of understanding!

U sef, ur understanding get as e be. I guess this is more poltical to you, no wonder ur reason of judgement has been beclouded.

Comparing Federal project to state project. Don't even go near Amosun. That guy is doing. If u are gonna despise what he has been doing in that state, then u should despise more what GEJ is doing!

I'm not a party to any party. I just love good things and initiatives from good or bad people!

I celebrate Amosun and Fashola for the good works so far as I celebrate GEJ for this and others he has done and yet to come!
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by taharqa: 9:40am On Aug 24, 2013
ndu_chucks: It is quite sad to see how some people are celebrating haulage of containers by rail in Nigeria. What is even sadder is the ignorance of the youths in this country. It might interest readers to note that we had a fully functional railroad system way back in the 70s.

Passenger and freight trains ran from Lagos to very far North regularly back then. So what is there to celebrate? My own celebration will come when GEJ and his incompetent handlers are kicked out of office and replaced by a more competent group. Shi kena.
Actuali, you are getting this thing backwards 'Bros'. The Colonials handed a 3000km rail line to us, and yr fellow NORTHERN Leaders (including yr master, General Buhari) KILLED it as you said since d 70s, with very grave consequences for d Nation's Industries, Agric and general Economy. All subsequent leaders after them either contributed in furthering its death Or doing almost nothing about it. It took a man GEJ just bw 2-3 yrs to reverse d Rot going on for decades and bringing back d Rails, with all its consequent Benefits to d Nation's Industries, Agric, and general Economy. You asked why we are outrageously celebrating? Well, you got yr answer...... By d way, this GEJ that is restoring an entire Dead system and building new ones is 'incompetent', abi? whilst those previous leaders (including Buhari) who killed d System in d 1st place are d 'competent' ones, right? That is yr story, ko??..... Oh! What can't HATRED and BIGOTRY not do to one's mind!! *smh*

2 Likes

Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by paschalomenihu: 9:40am On Aug 24, 2013
GOOD ONE HOPE IT WILL LAST.THEY SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THE BOKO BOYS.........OH
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by ocelot2006(m): 9:44am On Aug 24, 2013
Truman155: How will this change the price of garr1. This is just bad news for papa ogaga that just got a job with dangote. And what is that clueless sheep(gej) doing about ASUU strike...until then i save my praise

it will have an effect on the price of garri, thanks to the low rail haulage cost (and the absence of checkpoints were road truckers are forced to pay bribes to corrupt cops).

Great job Team GEJ.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by Smooyis(m): 9:49am On Aug 24, 2013
This is really commendable. More grease to their elbows.
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by NET1(m): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2013
I am not a fan of the PDP, but I think Mr. Goodluck Jonathan has tried on this one.

.NET
Re: Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail by DisGuy: 9:51am On Aug 24, 2013
Good news

but come o, why are people shouting about the 'opposition' as if it wasn't the same PDP that have been in power since 1999 undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Car Explosion At Benue Government House (PHOTOS) / "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike / Ben Bruce:'I Am Supporting Ali Modu Sheriff As PDP Chairman'.See Reactions(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.