Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:28 PM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (213883 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
mhalikbass:

can i use state or federal hospital for the medical report? cos someone told me they only accept st' nicholas hospital.

@mhalikbass Please the internet is a global village and a little research will help you answer any questions. this is a link to panel doctors approved by New Zealand. you are also required to make sure the medicals is not more than 3 months to the date of application.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/skilledmigrant/LinkAdministration/ToolboxLinks/paneldoctors.htm?level=1

This is a complete list of Panel doctors approved for Nigeria

City or County: Abuja
Doctor/Clinic: Dr J Lawson, Dr L Lawson, Dr A Kayode Paul & Dr N Onuoha
Address: Zankli Medical Centre, Plot No. 1021, B5 Shehu Ya'adua Way (Opposite Federal Ministry of Works), Utako District, P.O. Box 7745, Abuja
Phone: +234 9 291 1165 / 66 / 67 +234 9 875 4267 +234 9 875 4052 Fax: +234 9 523 9570 Email: zankli@hotmail.com
Notes: www.zankli.com
Type: Doctor

City or County: Abuja
Doctor/Clinic: Dr Toyinlola, Dr Temitope Oluwatosin Soyemi
Address: Zankli Medical Centre, Plot No. 1021, B5 Shehu Ya'adua Way, Opposite Federal Ministry of Works Utako District, P O Box 7745, Abuja, Nigeria
Phone: +234 9 523 6854 Fax: +234 9 523 8570 Email: zankli@hotmail.com
Notes: www.zankli.com
Type: Radiologist

City or County: Lagos
Doctor/Clinic: Dr A. Fatayi-Williams, Dr O. Ojo, Dr Osode & Dr A. Falama
Address: 54/56 Bankole Street (Behind Elephant House - the last tall building at the end of Broad Street on Lagos Island) PO Box 3870, Marina, Lagos 101001, Nigeria
Phone: + 234 808 100 9943, + 234 808 100 9944, + 234 709 812 3367, + 234 709 812 3368, + 234 1477 1349 & Mobile + 234 705 174 0601 (Practice Manager) Fax: + 234 1266 0611 Email: alanfatayiwilliams@yahoo.co.uk & afwclinic@yahoo.co.uk
Type: Doctor

Doctor/Clinic: Dr Margaret Nwachukwu
Address: St Nicholas Hospital Radiology Department, 57 Campbell Street, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: +234 1 7641419 / 20 +234 1 2718691 / 92 / 93 +234 0 803 525 1298 Email: marifnwach@yahoo.com
Notes: Please consult a Panel Doctor before making your apoointment

Doctor/Clinic: Dr B Fatade
Address: Crestview Radiology Ltd, 276a Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
Phone: +234 0 803 304 0083 or +234 0 805 504 0083 Email: ffatad@yahoo.com
Notes: Please consult a Panel Doctor before making your apoointment

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dinlin: 5:51am On Sep 25, 2014
solomoncater...Yeah I get you but am afraid its hard finding a house here even when you are on ground. you need to be here physically as you have been told.you can check in to those hostels just for a few weeks while you are looking for a house...
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Truth234(m): 8:13am On Sep 25, 2014
solomoncater:

@dinlin I always do my research very well and yes i know of www.tradesme.co.nz, i even have an account and the apps is on my phone so i check for vacancies everyday. the only challenge i have is that people i email usually ask me to come check out the place physically, I am still in Asia waiting for my Unconditional offer so i can apply for my visa in Singapore which will take just 10 days. So please if you could assist me in getting a place prior to my arrival i will really appreciate it. I have sent you a request so please accept so i can explain better one on one. $120 is not for houses in Auckland city. the average i have seen is about $180 which is around my budget.

Where in Asia are you brother?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 10:38am On Sep 25, 2014
dinlin: solomoncater...Yeah I get you but am afraid its hard finding a house here even when you are on ground. you need to be here physically as you have been told.you can check in to those hostels just for a few weeks while you are looking for a house...

@dinlin thanks for the extra info.. hopefully i will be able to get somewhere in the space of 2 weeks. are you studying or working in Auckland?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 10:39am On Sep 25, 2014
Truth234:

Where in Asia are you brother?

Malaysia
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Truth234(m): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
solomoncater:

Malaysia

Same here
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dinlin: 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2014
@mhalikbass, i fink they use st.nicolas frm wut i can remember. you can check for upate on the list of medical assessors for Nigeria on their website...
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
Truth234:

Same here

@Truth234 What are you studying in Malaysia and what do you intend studying in NZ? if you are in Malaysia then you can process your visa in Singapore which will take 10 days and you can use the doctors in Malaysia for your medicals. send me a private message so we can exchange numbers and when do you expect to leave for NZ?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dinlin: 2:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
@solomoncater, I work in Auckland and study by distance learning. I once met a guy that came here from Malaysia and another from Singapore(they were both students there)..but that was abt 5 yrs ago..are you coming for studies or work?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cconcept: 2:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
dinlin: @solomoncater, what wud u like to know? am in Auckland. check online for ACB Backpackers queen street, YMCA hostel pitts street or google flatmate trademe.co.nz. If you r coming for studies, ur uni might have student accmodation.. cheapest or worst of all Oceanic hostel on symond street is abt 120 a wk..package ursef well bro..ul b glad u did...ask me if u need any info?

dinlin,nice to have you back here.
how can one package well oo?seems a lot of the guys are coming for postgraduate studies(phd)
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Truth234(m): 2:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
solomoncater:

@Truth234 What are you studying in Malaysia and what do you intend studying in NZ? if you are in Malaysia then you can process your visa in Singapore which will take 10 days and you can use the doctors in Malaysia for your medicals. send me a private message so we can exchange numbers and when do you expect to leave for NZ?

Next year after my program (MBA). Yeah I have their Singapore detail, called them few weeks ago.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cconcept: 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
solomoncater:

@Truth234 What are you studying in Malaysia and what do you intend studying in NZ? if you are in Malaysia then you can[b] process your visa in Singapore which will take 10 days [/b]and you can use the doctors in Malaysia for your medicals. send me a private message so we can exchange numbers and when do you expect to leave for NZ?

what about those who are applying from Nigeria via pretoria?I suspect it will be more than 10 days.anybody in the house with pretoria application experience?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dinlin: 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2014
@cconcept, I mean u fail to plan, u plan to fail...it could be tasking when one moves to anoda country..coping, adaptation, housing, and financial implications comes to heart...settling down quickly becomes a reality check vs euphoria&excitement of coming to NZ. Its good when one has @ least some type of support or network to backup.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2014
dinlin: @cconcept, I mean u fail to plan, u plan to fail...it could be tasking when one moves to anoda country..coping, adaptation, housing, and financial implications comes to heart...settling down quickly becomes a reality check vs euphoria&excitement of coming to NZ. Its good when one has @ least some type of support or network to backup.

@dinlin I am coming for my PhD... my plans are to be there next month because my unconditional offer letter is yet to be sent to me. I am hoping to receive it soon. I will be working Part time although as a PhD student i can work full time but i will not want to stress myself so much. NZ is very expensive and i have been planning this for close to 2 years now so i can say i am a little bit equipped on a few things. I have decided to stay in a shared lodge for close to 2 weeks so i can look for an accommodation during that time.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by mhalikbass: 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
solomoncater:

@dinlin I always do my research very well and yes i know of www.tradesme.co.nz, i even have an account and the apps is on my phone so i check for vacancies everyday. the only challenge i have is that people i email usually ask me to come check out the place physically, I am still in Asia waiting for my Unconditional offer so i can apply for my visa in Singapore which will take just 10 days. So please if you could assist me in getting a place prior to my arrival i will really appreciate it. I have sent you a request so please accept so i can explain better one on one. $120 is not for houses in Auckland city. the average i have seen is about $180 which is around my budget.

can i use state or federal hospital for the medical report? cos someone told me they only accept st' nicholas hospital..am applying from Nigeria..i already have an admission.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
mhalikbass:

can i use state or federal hospital for the medical report? cos someone told me they only accept st' nicholas hospital..am applying from Nigeria..i already have an admission.

@mhalikbass I just sent you a list of hospitals on this tread... can you check the first message posted by me on the first tread? that was specifically meant for you why are you still asking questions again?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by godofwar666(m): 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hello
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dinlin: 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2014
@solomoncater, Awesome u coming for ph.d...fingers crossed for ya and all the best with ur processing...can be daunting and tense having to wait for documentations and visa..
keep in touch wit things and keep ur head up..
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
dinlin: @solomoncater, Awesome u coming for ph.d...fingers crossed for ya and all the best with ur processing...can be daunting and tense having to wait for documentations and visa..
keep in touch wit things and keep ur head up..

@dinlin Yes it is a very long wait... although my uni here was the major delay because they released my M.Eng Transcript very late. However i have sent all documents to UoA and have received the Conditional Offer but the Unconditional Offer should come soon. I am only worried about accommodation as my supervisor has told me he will assist in getting a job for me. I will surely keep in touch before my arrival. Visa Processing here is just 10 days as long as you provide all the required documents. How long have you been in NZ?

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dinlin: 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
@solomoncater...UoA is a very good uni..there is a UoA student job search centre that assist students to find jobs as well...you can also register with them online.
been here for 5 years...and the farthest ve traveld is Australia and US frm NZ..naija is a wish list for now...too far n costly for an entire family.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cconcept: 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
dinlin: @solomoncater...UoA is a very good uni..there is a UoA student job search centre that assist students to find jobs as well...you can also register with them online.
been here for 5 years...and the farthest ve traveld is Australia and US frm NZ..naija is a wish list for now...too far n costly for an entire family.

wow,this thread is picking up .
dinlin or anyone who can say about applying via south africa experience for nigerian residents?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
dinlin: @solomoncater...UoA is a very good uni..there is a UoA student job search centre that assist students to find jobs as well...you can also register with them online.
@dinlin i can see you are married over there...which is a good thing. My priority now is Accommodation and research work...i have a lot to cover because PhD there is quite Challenging (So i heard) Getting admission was not easy also.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dinlin: 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
@cconcept, I applied from the london branch back then...however d 1st time my folks frm 9ja had to apply tru Pretoria,it took 3 months wif all der paparazzi processin..lol..it takes just abt a month after that to get subsequent visitors...They do too much checks from police, immigration to Medical.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dinlin: 4:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
@solomoncater, yes phd is very challenging...Am still struggling with completing my Honours, a requirement for me getting an admission to enrol for Phd. Medicinal Psycology...Be ready to write assignments of 25000 words or more with as much as 50 refrences at the minimum..uve got 3 chances to fail an assignment and out...one has to proof read and spell check while correcting errors..supervisors can be very supportive in a mean way but who knows..A lot of hard work..I work full time and study night time...3.49am and still awake...I start work at 9am to 4pm..nothing comes easy I guess...it aint a piece of cake @ all...1s got to pay the price...
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
dinlin: @solomoncater, yes phd is very challenging...Am still struggling with completing my Honours, a requirement for me getting an addmission to enrol for Phd. Medicinal Psycology...Be ready to write assignmments of 25000 words or more with as much as 50 refrences at the minimum..uve got 3 chances to fail an assignment and out...supervisors can be very supportive in a mean way but who knows..A lot of hard work..I work full time and study night time...3.49am and still awake...I start work at 9am to 4pm..nothing comes easy I guess...it aint a piece of cake @ all...1s got to pay the price...

@dinlin It is really not easy at all...my supervisor said i was quite lucky for getting the admission directly because they bounce a lot of people who apply or they tell them to use a pathway (Msc by research for 1 year). My assistant supervisor has been really nice to me, he has been following up on everything and telling me not to worry he will make it less difficult for me, moreover since its civil engr. i will be working with a software and i have to learn it myself. My main supervisor is a big shot in the school and a local..i have read most of his journals and he is well respected so getting a Tutor job will not be hard for me. Which uni are you in presently?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dinlin: 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
@solomoncater, Lucky you to have great supervisors..I once met a Nigerian dude that did phd civil or construction engineering...cant remember , He got his Bachelors from greece. He has since moved back home to work for a German construction company...was told I had to upgrade my bachelors to honours(1 yr) so that I can get into the program otherwise had to do Masters(2 yrs)..decided to choose the 1yr plus dont wanna have to pay more student loan abeg..Studying by distance with series of block classes at AUT university.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
dinlin: @solomoncater, Lucky you to have great supervisors..I once met a Nigerian dude that did phd civil or construction engineering...cant remember , He got his Bachelors from greece. He has since moved back home to work for a German construction company...was told I had to upgrade my bachelors to honours(1 yr) so that I can get into the program otherwise had to do Masters(2 yrs)..decided to choose the 1yr plus dont wanna have to pay more student loan abeg..Studying by distance with series of block classes at AUT university.

@dinlin Please you need to understand that if you are going for the 1 year then you need to finish with a First Class or a very strong 2.1 for you to be accepted...if not you might be told to go through the masters pathway which will take additional 1 year. Its difficult to gain direct admission into the school for PhD. my Supv. told me he had few students who did not get direct admission. I tried AUT but they do not have Civil Engr. their campus is not far from UoA campus too because i will be studying at the city campus.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dinlin: 12:49am On Sep 26, 2014
@solomoncater, you are aboslutely correct. I am hoping for the best as my results hasnt been impressive due to work reasons but good enough. I am banking on discretionary consideration from the program manager as well as providing refrence letters. At worst, I hope to get shortlisted via interview...there and then I"l get a chance to prove myself.
There are still several options to go by..
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
dinlin: @solomoncater, you are aboslutely correct. I am hoping for the best as my results hasnt been impressive due to work reasons but good enough. I am banking on discretionary consideration from the program manager as well as providing refrence letters. At worst, I hope to get shortlisted via interview...there and then I"l get a chance to prove myself.
There are still several options to go by..

@dinlin That is a very good idea... i am guessing you will continue your PhD in AUT. Their admission standard is a bit lower than that of UoA.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dolpaz: 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
Am here... whats happening in New zealand..

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dinlin: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
@solomoncater, there is a joke here that AUT students are UoAs reject..lol..yes but UoA is ranked very high and it would drop if they admit every applicants without standard merit. AUT is very good as well and theyv got standard and reputation with employers compared to some other ones. UoA got large classes, long lectures and much theory while AUTs classes aint as much and courses are mixed with practical placement..hence lots of experience on CV by the time you graduate...ph.d program for me is gonna be Victoria university wellington..
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by cconcept: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
@dinlin,UoA rejects!!!
why victoria smiley

can you review the seven universities-maybe a kind of short summary?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.