Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,167 members, 7,880,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:33 PM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (214168 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 4:02am On Jan 25, 2015
femosentences:
please how can i go about the NZ visiting visa,can anybody please shed more light to it,and wanna ask that can i get my PR with the visiting Visa? Can i do it myself or is better i go through an agent.
Thanks all.......
grin thank you for making my day

2 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
uist:
If truly you want to study in New Zealand, don't be discourage, i will encourage you to apply. Am talking from experience. A cousin of mine used forged documents to apply for Canada visa, and he was denied and banned! So when he wanted to apply for US visa, a lot of people discourage him not to apply for US visa, and he was told US and Canada shares information bla bla bla. I encourage him to apply, and never listen to them. He got his 2 years multiple visa last year November 2014, and he's currently in Houston Texas. US and Canada dont use same central database system, Same with Australia and New Zealand.

Note: Australia and New Zealand dont use same central database visa system.

They are just neighbors, and they don't use same central system for visa, and there is no way New Zealand will know about your previous Australia denial, except if the refusal stamp is on your passport! Believe me, that will not make affect your visa, This time you have to make sure all your documents are genuine, and package your application well, you will come here to share testimony. Mark my word! My uncle lives in Christ Church and i also have cousin there, the country is a nice place. If you already gotten your admission, try gather all the necessary documents together and apply. Wish you best of luck.
Thanks... will get back on my feet and forge ahead , I will keep trying until I break even. Have tried Canada but was denied few weeks back d reasons given was
Travel history
Purpose of visit and financial assets .
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
solomoncater:

Please do not be discouraged all...if you are really keen on getting your nursing degree in NZ then go ahead and apply, when it gets to the Visa stage they will ask you for reasons why your visa was denied then it will be good to explain further to them..this is a civilized country and they will only take extra care in checking your documents to make sure they are correct which means your visa decision could take longer to process. Good luck.
You are a man/woman of wisdom. Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 3:54am On Jan 26, 2015
nkechima:

You are a man/woman of wisdom. Thanks

A man... cheers
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by kayceemadu9(f): 4:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
Pls I'm an undergraduate in Naija,studying microbiology. What possible courses can I offer in new Zealand...I love this thread
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Amosiye: 8:37am On Feb 05, 2015
Don't get this wrong
nkechima:

Thanks... will get back on my feet and forge ahead , I will keep trying until I break even. Have tried Canada but was denied few weeks back d reasons given was
Travel history
Purpose of visit and financial assets .

yep good to be persistent. Keep on trying untill u get wat u want. In the aspect of NZ. Its an autralia transit visa u need.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 10, 2015
Amosiye:
Don't get this wrong yep good to be persistent. Keep on trying untill u get wat u want. In the aspect of NZ. Its an autralia transit visa u need.
I saw a course of 2300 dollars in a newzealand university, but the program duration is 12weeks, which made me fall under visitor categories.
since its not a student visa, i write to ask if my visa application to newzealand with that short course, before i proceed to pay my tuition.
Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by switesthart(f): 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
Pls do I have to pay for tuition in full before I can be issued a student visa to study in new zealand, or can I pay in instalments (pay like half and complete the remainin when I start the program). Pls I will be glad to get a feedback. Cheers
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
Nah is not required,you pay full
switesthart:
Pls do I have to pay for tuition in full before I can be issued a student visa to study in new zealand, or can I pay in instalments (pay like half and complete the remainin when I start the program). Pls I will be glad to get a feedback. Cheers
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by switesthart(f): 9:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
ikswiss:
Nah is not required,you pay full

Thanks @ ikswiss. If I want to apply for the visa, like how much should be present in my account (living expense).
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 9:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
switesthart:

Thanks @ ikswiss. If I want to apply for the visa, like how much should be present in my account (living expense).

You should have at least 15,000 New Zealand dollars. Have you applied for admission yet?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Truth234(m): 4:14am On Feb 18, 2015
switesthart:

You must pay your first year tuition fee in full before you can be issued a student visa.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by switesthart(f): 6:01am On Feb 18, 2015
solomoncater:

You should have at least 15,000 New Zealand dollars. Have you applied for admission yet?

Thanks @ solomoncater. I have not applied yet but hoping to apply soon. How ever, I am looking to start in march 2016 to study masters in public health. Will it be too early to start the application process now. Pls, how possible is it to apply for scholarship. I had a 2:1 in my undergraduate degree.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by switesthart(f): 6:04am On Feb 18, 2015
Truth234:

You must pay your first year tuition fee in full before you can be issued a student visa.

Thanks @ Truth234 for the info. How feasible is it to apply and get a scholarship for masters program?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Truth234(m): 6:09am On Feb 18, 2015
switesthart:

Thanks @ Truth234 for the info. How feasible is it to apply and get a scholarship for masters program?

It is possible if it is research master. Good proposal, outstanding academic history, statement of purpose etc.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by switesthart(f): 6:12am On Feb 18, 2015
Truth234:

It is possible if it is research master. Good proposal, outstanding academic history, statement of purpose etc.

I am going for a taught masters degree not research.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Truth234(m): 6:17am On Feb 18, 2015
switesthart:

I am going for a taught masters degree not research.

That was why I said if its Research Masters, it is hard to get scholarship with coursework but not impossible.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by switesthart(f): 6:46am On Feb 18, 2015
Truth234:

That was why I said if its Research Masters, it is hard to get scholarship with coursework but not impossible.

Thanks for the info. Do u have any idea how there skill workers immigration works? Cos I am a midwife in naija and considering dat option too.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Truth234(m): 6:59am On Feb 18, 2015
switesthart:

Thanks for the info. Do u have any idea how there skill workers immigration works? Cos I am a midwife in naija and considering dat option too.

Not really but you can get all you want from the immigration website http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/skilledmigrant/caniapply/skilledemployment/

Its pretty straight forward

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by switesthart(f): 7:15am On Feb 18, 2015
Truth234:

Not really but you can get all you want from the immigration website http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/skilledmigrant/caniapply/skilledemployment/

Its pretty straight forward

From wat I have gathered, I need to have a job offer first. How possible is it to get a job offer from naija b4 I can start applying?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Truth234(m): 7:27am On Feb 18, 2015
switesthart:

From wat I have gathered, I need to have a job offer first. How possible is it to get a job offer from naija b4 I can start applying?

It is possible but most employers now prefer to have you on ground before offering you a place. Check http://www.seek.co.nz/

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by solomoncater: 7:50am On Feb 18, 2015
switesthart:

Why waste money doing masters by coursework when you can work full time and get a job doing masters by research? "Just thinking loud"

3 Likes

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 18, 2015
Truth234:

Please Truth234, do they grant visa for student going for undergraduate program (Diploma), and is it a must to have English proficiency certificate before getting visa?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Truth234(m): 8:19am On Feb 18, 2015
Demaejy:

Please Truth234, do they grant visa for student going for undergraduate program (Diploma), and is it a must to have English proficiency certificate before getting visa?

Yes they do and its not a must to have English proficiency certificate but check with your school of interest to be sure.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 18, 2015
Truth234:

Yes they do and its not a must to have English proficiency certificate but check with your school of interest to be sure.
Thanks.. Most schools will waive English certificate for admission but i do not really know if it is compulsory to getting visa.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Truth234(m): 8:29am On Feb 18, 2015
Demaejy:

Thanks.. Most schools will waive English certificate for admission but i do not really know if it is compulsory to getting visa.

Its not
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 18, 2015
Truth234:

Its not
Thanks for your swift response

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by switesthart(f): 9:12am On Feb 18, 2015
solomoncater:

Why waste money doing masters by coursework when you can work full time and get a job doing masters by research? "Just thinking loud"

Am not bent on doing taught master, that's y am on here to get as much info as possible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.