Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,812 members, 7,945,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 07:57 PM

Can We Trust This APC? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Trust This APC? (2690 Views)

Check Out This APC Plane *jirgin Chanji* / See What This APC Fan Did To Himself With Brooms - Photo / See This APC Advert About FFK on Vanguard(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Garrithe1st: 2:41am On Aug 26, 2013
.... Instead of telling us why PDP is better, all our PDP swines can say is "APC is same as PDP"....

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by PaulJohn1: 2:52am On Aug 26, 2013
Kingspin: Dnt mind them. Ifeanyi na the same people is just like given a mad-man a new shirt. PDP remains the only national party in Nigeria others are sectional parties. what stop a party to plan beyond 2015, if really u have genuine something to offer,or is APC just in for 2015. U guys have taken ur 8years.So why the noise & sentiment?

Really? Believe me, APC is the only party in Nigeria that has at least a state under it control in every geopolitical zone of the federation(SW, SE, NC, NE, NW, SS), while the PDP does not.

Tell me again which is a sectional party. grin

3 Likes

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by seanet02: 2:56am On Aug 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @seanet02...
I've investigated the 270MW power plant in Apapa Lagos. The fact is that its is an Independent Power Plant (IPP) built by AES. The full name of the plant is AES Nigeria Barge, Apapa, Lagos State, 270MW. It was not built by the Lagos State Govt.

Other IPPs currently operational in Nigeria include:
1. Nigerian Agip Oil Co, Kwale-Okpai, Delta State, 480MW
2. Shell Petroleum Development Corporation Afam VI, Afam, Rivers State, 642MW

However, AES Nigeria Barge, Apapa, Lagos State, 270MW is also operational. It was built in 2001 based on a power purchase agreement between the Lagos State Govt and AES. AES was to build the plant while after completion, the Lagos State will buy the power and sell to certain parts of Lagos through PHCN. All the same, credit to the Lagos State and Tinubu for supporting the project. Without the state govt support and agreement to buy power, AES wouldn't have built the plant.
https://www.wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/09LAGOS65_a.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5680858201
http://www.lseb.gov.ng/content/aes-power-barge-project
Lagos state did not do wetin at the bolded?
I will give you a dirty e-slap if you repeat that nonsense again.
Something the federal Government is still deducting money from Lagos allocation is what you are writing trash over here.
The project was conceived, designed, financed and built by Lagos State Government under ACn.
What trash are you now talking about that it does not belong to Lagos State?
Be like say you get HIV for head
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by PaulJohn1: 2:58am On Aug 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @seanet02...
I've investigated the 270MW power plant in Apapa Lagos. The fact is that its is an Independent Power Plant (IPP) built by AES. The full name of the plant is AES Nigeria Barge, Apapa, Lagos State, 270MW. It was not built by the Lagos State Govt.

Other IPPs currently operational in Nigeria include:
1. Nigerian Agip Oil Co, Kwale-Okpai, Delta State, 480MW
2. Shell Petroleum Development Corporation Afam VI, Afam, Rivers State, 642MW

However, AES Nigeria Barge, Apapa, Lagos State, 270MW is also operational. It was built in 2001 based on a power purchase agreement between the Lagos State Govt and AES. AES was to build the plant while after completion, the Lagos State will buy the power and sell to certain parts of Lagos through PHCN. All the same, credit to the Lagos State and Tinubu for supporting the project. Without the state govt support and agreement to buy power, AES wouldn't have built the plant.
https://www.wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/09LAGOS65_a.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5680858201
http://www.lseb.gov.ng/content/aes-power-barge-project

I thought you wrote that it has not been built in the first place. Damn, this niqqa is so confused cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by seanet02: 3:06am On Aug 26, 2013
Paul John:

I thought you wrote that it has not been built in the first place. Damn, this niqqa is so confused cheesy cheesy
he is a mofo
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by egift(m): 3:06am On Aug 26, 2013
It is wrong to ask Nigerians to que behind PDP's broken vehicle.

You cannot keep voting the failed leadership of the PDP and expect a better result.

God is providing us an opportuniy in 2015 so we can kick corruption and failure out of Aso Rock. To God be the glory. Up APC. Up Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 26, 2013
seanet02:
Abeg give am better konk and slap joor! bomb dey im head. grin

4 Likes

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 26, 2013
seanet02:
Something the federal Government is still deducting money from Lagos allocation is what you are writing trash over here.
The project was conceived, designed, financed and built by Lagos State Government under ACn.
What trash are you now talking about that it does not belong to Lagos State?
From what I read, the plant was built based on power purchase agreement (PPA) between Lagos State Govt and Enron. The arrangement was that Enron will build the plant while Lagos state govt will purchase the power and sell to the people through PHCN.

But all the same, I commend Tinubu for doing that early in 2000 when OBJ was still confused about what to do with power. But between 2001 when the 270MW plant was built and now, how come no other major power plant has been built?

Meanwhile, I'll now modify the OP to reflect the 270MW built by ACN in the last 14yrs. But if an ACN controlled state has built 270MW in the last 14 years, but so also the PDP controlled states in Rivers and Akwa-Ibom.

However, we await your response to other issues raised in the OP.
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by omenka(m): 8:12am On Aug 26, 2013
Gboliwe:
as long as that fanatical bloodsucking cry cry general is lord there, I don't trust it! Will never do.

That is what the people up there want you to believe son. Do yourself a favour and read the colonel Nyam interview. Thank me later.

In APC i trust. On APC i stand. In God i believe.
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Gbawe: 8:19am On Aug 26, 2013
Paul John:

He is not only confused. He is a shameless liar. A character with no morals at all. I really do not know why you guys take him seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by nuclearboy(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
From what I read, the plant was built based on power purchase agreement (PPA) between Lagos State Govt and Enron. The arrangement was that Enron will build the plant while Lagos state govt will purchase the power and sell to the people through PHCN.

But all the same, I commend Tinubu for doing that early in 2000 when OBJ was still confused about what to do with power. But between 2001 when the 270MW plant was built and now, how come no other major power plant has been built?

Meanwhile, I'll now modify the OP to reflect the 270MW built by ACN in the last 14yrs. But if an ACN controlled state has built 270MW in the last 14 years, but so also the PDP controlled states in Rivers and Akwa-Ibom.

Why are you so indecent? Reading you at times, one has no recourse but to wonder if you were brought up by Clifford orji on a dustbin

Lagos conceived it, got partners to implement and were fought every step of the way by the GEJs in the center who also refused to allow them use it for their own purposes knowing Lagos was ready to generate its own power (thus showing up your ineffectual useless center that spends all resources ONLY on chasing enemies and self enrichment when not closing down cities because they want to visit hair dressers) and show up the federal as incompetent and self-serving!

Since their efforts were frustrated, they have stayed within the bounds set by the slave-masters in Abuja but I dare you - let the center allow states to generate and distribute as they wish and let's see what will happen! But they won't knowing that disgrace will follow!
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by nuclearboy(m): 8:26am On Aug 26, 2013
Gbawe:

He is not only confused. He is a shameless liar. A character with no morals at all. I really do not know why you guys take him seriously.

Nobody takes him seriously - the rebuttals are to present a different view to innocents who may be otherwise misled. The chap is himself an indictment on Goodluck Jonathan- when such people are your supporters, something (many things actually) must be wrong with you! Each time I read him, I get more afraid of and disgusted at GEJ

1 Like

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 26, 2013
nuclearboy:

Nobody takes him seriously - the rebuttals are to present a different view to innocents who may be otherwise misled. The chap is himself an indictment on Goodluck Jonathan- when such people are your supporters, something (many things actually) must be wrong with you! Each time I read him, I get more afraid of and disgusted at GEJ
Eyaa! But you keep coming back to read more. Its either you'r telling wicked lies or you'r mentally imbalanced.

1 Like

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 26, 2013
Gbawe:

We know of only one confused and shameless liar. He is none other than Gbawe

2 Likes

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by OjangSunday: 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2013
If any one is on the opinion that ACN is clean from the unclean,why did it merge with unclean?
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

bros you no try at all, Btw what is the sense in building power plants if it will end up in the National grid and probably Abuja benefits more from it,
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
Paul John:

Really? Believe me, APC is the only party in Nigeria that has at least a state under it control in every geopolitical zone of the federation(SW, SE, NC, NE, NW, SS), while the PDP does not.

Tell me again which is a sectional party. grin
tell them o, all this half baked insinuations these people come up with is mind bugging.
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by MajHeadache: 1:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
The APC is controlled by two of the most undemocrated politicians -Tinibu and Buhari.

Tinibu has handpicked every political position for his party since ACN came into being.

Buhari continues to recycle himself as presidential candidate in his own party (APP and CPC)

Tinibu has his hand jammed in Lagos State coffers and all the ACN controlled states.

Buhari is no saint either, the last time he lost he unleashed his rabid hyaenas on northern Christains and southerners in the north.

APC?
Hell No!

2 Likes

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
Maj. Headache:
The APC is controlled by two of the most undemocrated politicians -Tinibu and Buhari.

Tinibu has handpicked every political position for his party since ACN came into being.

Buhari continues to recycle himself as presidential candidate in his own party (APP and CPC)

Tinibu has his hand jammed in Lagos State coffers and all the ACN controlled states.

Buhari is no saint either, the last time he lost he unleashed his rabid hyaenas on northern Christains and southerners in the north.

APC?
Hell No!

@ bolded yet Apc states outperforms your pdp in all areas with the same allocations, btw what does gej spend 300 billion monthly on?
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by MajHeadache: 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
@ bolded yet Apc states outperforms your pdp in all areas with the same allocations, btw what does gej spend 300 billion monthly on?

YOU ARE DELUDED OR HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED BY THE LAI MOHAMMED PROPAGANDA MACHINE AND THE E-TOUTS HERE ON NL.

GO TO DELTA.
A PDP STATE (EVEN THOUGH BADLY MANAGED) THE LEVEL OF DEVELOPMENT IS UNPRECEDENTED COMPARED TO ANY WHERE IN THE SW.

THIS IS WHEN YOU COMPARE WHAT WAS ON GROUND BEFORE 1999 AND WHAT YOU WILL SEE NOW.

HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE DUKE MAGIC IN CROSS-RIVER?

OR ARE YOU BLINDED BY THE BEST EVER PERFORMING GOVERNOR - AKPABIO?

EVEN ROTIMI AMEACHI HAS DONE WELL.

THESE ARE ALL PDP STATES.
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
Maj. Headache:

YOU ARE DELUDED OR HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED BY THE LAI MOHAMMED PROPAGANDA MACHINE AND THE E-TOUTS HERE ON NL.

GO TO DELTA.
A PDP STATE (EVEN THOUGH BADLY MANAGED) THE LEVEL OF DEVELOPMENT IS UNPRECEDENTED COMPARED TO ANY WHERE IN THE SW.

THIS IS WHEN YOU COMPARE WHAT WAS ON GROUND BEFORE 1999 AND WHAT YOU WILL SEE NOW.

Ameachi and the governor of Jigawa are by far the best the pdp has got yet they are being chased out by the 'anti development party' pdp, who is Akpabio? Compare his achievements "uyo only" to the amount of money he gets monthly. If i hear uduagan?

2/24 isn't a good fail self.

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by oneeast4: 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
The party is a boko haram organization, so therefore it cannot be trusted with power before they turn Nigeria to Somalia and under development.
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by oneeast4: 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
We know of only one confused and shameless liar. He is none other than Gbawe

The boko haram party APC is the most confused I have seen in this part of the world. grin grin
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by MajHeadache: 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
Ameachi and the governor of Jigawa are by far the best the pdp has got yet they are being chased out by the 'anti development party' pdp, who is Akpabio? Compare his achievements "uyo only" to the amount of money he gets monthly. If i hear uduagan?

2/24 isn't a good fail self.

ameachi may be good but why do you even consider lamido from jigawa of all places?

when they bribe the press and the janitors here you willfuly gurgle it down like a p0rn cumdumpster doing her finale act.

jeezus! have you been to Jigawa?
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Maj. Headache:

ameachi may be good but why do you even consider lamido from jigawa of all places?

when they bribe the press and the janitors here you willfuly gurgle it down like a p0rn cumdumpster doing her finale act.

jeezus! have you been to Jigawa?
i wouldn't argue Jigawa with you, just you seem to know little about your party, anyways brings the results to 1/23. And yes I have been to Jigawa, Fanisau, army barracks.
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Katsumoto: 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
Insincere 9gerian does not even understand what democracy is all about.

Does it make sense to keep voting in the same party that is unable to move Nigeria forward?

Even if citizens aren't sure of progress under another party, it is completely pointless and asinine to keep voting in the same fraudulent and thieving bunch.

@Insincere 9gerian

How much did you gain today for selling your soul?

2 Likes

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Kairoseki77: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
"Just because PDP has been a disaster, does not mean that APC will be a disaster."

This is brilliant. I have been annoyed at the stupidity involved in saying that APC will be a failure by pointing out PDP's failures.

On one thread, Sincere9gerian listed a number of PDP failures and then said that GEJ corrected the PDP caused problems, which means that APC will be bad for Nigeria. Yes, I know that it doesn't make any sense. Yet, that is what he said, and many mumu's liked his comment. I guess they wanted to broadcast their mumuness as well.

On the other hand, if the only thing PDP can say is that the current roster of incompetent PDP politicians is NOT AS BAD as the previous roster, than APC is positioned well for 2015. All APC will have to do is highlight the "Before and After" in APC controlled states.

PDP Administration: Trash dump
APC Administration: New Development where the Trash Dump used to be

PDP Admin: 20% of kids in school
APC Admin: 80% of kids in school

If APC can run that angle hard, they will be fine. We need to push the idea that APC means a working government. PDP's "Well we're not as bad as we used to be" argument cannot compete.

1 Like

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
bros you no try at all, Btw what is the sense in building power plants if it will end up in the National grid and probably Abuja benefits more from it,
That was in the past. Since the coming on board of NERC, one can obtain a licence, build a power plant to serve a locality. That's what Geometrics is currently doing in Aba. Even the Lagos State govt has done similar thing but in smaller capacity,eg the 10MW power. Why cant the govt replicate such small power plants in the state?

1 Like

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
Katsumoto: Insincere 9gerian does not even understand what democracy is all about.

Does it make sense to keep voting in the same party that is unable to move Nigeria forward?

Even if citizens aren't sure of progress under another party, it is completely pointless and asinine to keep voting in the same fraudulent and thieving bunch.

@Insincere 9gerian

How much did you gain today for selling your soul?
I fully understand the meaning of democracy. But there's no point making a change when change is not needed. In fact, making changes when it is not needed could be DISASTROUS.

I would prefer the current govt to CONSOLIDATE the power reforms and other ongoing reforms. We do not need policy flip flops at the moment, atleast not until 2019.

By the way, I think it is the APC that doesn't understand the meaning of democracy. The bedrock of democracy is free and fair elections. The PDP has shown at the national level that it understands that. We'r still waiting for the APC to show similar understanding in the local council polls in states where it currently controls

1 Like

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Garrithe1st: 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
Maj. Headache:

GO TO DELTA.
A PDP STATE (EVEN THOUGH BADLY MANAGED) THE LEVEL OF DEVELOPMENT IS UNPRECEDENTED
COMPARED TO ANY WHERE IN THE SW.

Who be this "Ozemgbe-Head"

grin grin grin

How dare you mention Delta State when people are about progress? Delta State is one of the most terribly managed states in the world thanks to the Basin-headed Uduaghan. The foolish dunce has made Thief. Ibori look like a Saint to Deltans....

Abeg give other example but leave. Delta State alone... Thank You..

P.S.: Lest I forget kudos to Mr. Basin Head for directing traffic in Effurun "once upon a time"....

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
That was in the past. Since the coming on board of NERC, one can obtain a licence, build a power plant to serve a locality. That's what Geometrics is currently doing in Aba. Even the Lagos State govt has done similar thing but in smaller capacity,eg the 10MW power. Why cant the govt replicate such small power plants in the state?
but you will agree with me that if obj (PDP) had given lagos this license when they fought for it in 2000, the whole state would have been enjoying full power supply by now. Mind you there is still a lot of skepticism about the licence hence the small projects by lagos with its own transmission line.
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Garrithe1st: 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
Maj. Headache:

GO TO DELTA.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A.C.F. Sacks Gen. Onoja For Endorsing Jonathan, "Sell Out" "You're Broke" / The World's 10 WORST Airports Revealed / Biafrans Can Survive If Biafra Becomes A Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.