Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,938 members, 7,942,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 08:24 AM

Can We Trust This APC? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Trust This APC? (2686 Views)

Check Out This APC Plane *jirgin Chanji* / See What This APC Fan Did To Himself With Brooms - Photo / See This APC Advert About FFK on Vanguard(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I fully understand the meaning of democracy. But there's no point making a change when change is not needed. In fact, making changes when it is not needed could be DISASTROUS.

I would prefer the current govt to CONSOLIDATE the power reforms and other ongoing reforms. We do not need policy flip flops at the moment, atleast not until 2019.

By the way, I think it is the APC that doesn't understand the meaning of democracy. The bedrock of democracy is free and fair elections. The PDP has shown at the national level that it understands that. We'r still waiting for the APC to show similar understanding in the local council polls in states where it currently controls
DISASTROUS describes perfectly gej administration, a government that is loosing 360 billion Naira in July, National income is dropping, unemployment is rising, universities dying, health = 0. And you want us to stick with the pdp?
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Katsumoto: 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I fully understand the meaning of democracy. But there's no point making a change when change is not needed. In fact, making changes when it is not needed could be DISASTROUS.

I would prefer the current govt to CONSOLIDATE the power reforms and other ongoing reforms. We do not need policy flip flops at the moment, atleast not until 2019.

By the way, I think it is the APC that doesn't understand the meaning of democracy. The bedrock of democracy is free and fair elections. The PDP has shown at the national level that it understands that. We'r still waiting for the APC to show similar understanding in the local council polls in states where it currently controls

With the govt being unable to protect citizens, Boko Haram has killed many citizens

ASUU is on strike while Nigerian senators earn in excess of $1.4m annually and are demanding $2.2m

The president's wife seems to believe that her office actually has executive powers

Minorities are outvoting majorities in elections - 16 V 19 (NGF), 14 V 31 (Ogun PDP), 5 V 27 (Rivers PDP)

The presidency is surrounded by wanted criminals Alams, Buruji Kasumu (GEJ is actually blocking his extradition to the US)

Corrupt governors are roaming the land free

A governor spent $1.6 B on a wedding

Nigeria is losing billions of dollars annually to oil thieves

GEJ awarded Nigeria's maritime security to a former MEND terrorist when the Navy sits idle

Kidnapping is on the increase

Millions are still dying on Nigerian roads

Nigerians have to go abroad for treatment; what hope do poor Nigerians have if they fall ill?

And so on and so forth

The question to you - [size=14pt]AT WHAT POINT DOES CHANGE BECOME A NECESSITY?[/size]
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by MajHeadache: 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2013
Katsumoto:

ASUU is on strike while Nigerian senators earn in excess of $1.4m annually and are demanding $2.2m

so ASUU has a moral right to demand more money based on what the legaislators have illegally signed for themselves?

Katsumoto:

With the govt being unable to protect citizens, Boko Haram has killed many citizens

Boko Haram sprung up in the areas it is currently plaguing. The society at large in those boko infested areas condoned the group and accepted them when they killed non-muslims. It is when this group started killing them (muslims) that you now want government help. The problem is beyond a central authority and it starts from the very foundation of these people's belief system.
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Katsumoto: 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
Maj. Headache:

so ASUU has a moral right to demand more money based on what the legaislators have illegally signed for themselves?

My point was that legislathieves are earning an obscene and totally unearned amount of money while those who should be educating the nation's youths are suffering and have no funds for proper research.

Maj. Headache:

Boko Haram sprung up in the areas it is currently plaguing. The society at large in those boko infested areas condoned the group and accepted them when they killed non-muslims. It is when this group started killing them (muslims) that you now want government help. The problem is beyond a central authority and it starts from the very foundation of these people's belief system.

How do you disassociate the government's failure from the people's belief system? Successive government's have failed the people and this government doesn't seem to care as well.
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Blueboy0402: 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian, I've discovered politicians are very good at telling lies therefore, I vowed never to trust any politician or political party. A typical politician's primary aim/agenda is all about "SELF". The welfare of common man is secondary (i.e if at all it exist). It is only those that are naive or those that are stakeholders with similar interest within the party that will trust a politician or political party when they make promises. I will not trust APC!
Thanks for asking this all important question about APC. God bless you.
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
Katsumoto:

The president's wife seems to believe that her office actually has executive powers

Minorities are outvoting majorities in elections - 16 V 19 (NGF), 14 V 31 (Ogun PDP), 5 V 27 (Rivers PDP)

The presidency is surrounded by wanted criminals Alams, Buruji Kasumu (GEJ is actually blocking his extradition to the US)

Corrupt governors are roaming the land free

A governor spent $1.6 B on a wedding

Nigeria is losing billions of dollars annually to oil thieves

GEJ awarded Nigeria's maritime security to a former MEND terrorist when the Navy sits idle

Kidnapping is on the increase

Millions are still dying on Nigerian roads

Nigerians have to go abroad for treatment; what hope do poor Nigerians have if they fall ill?

And so on and so forth

The question to you - [size=14pt]AT WHAT POINT DOES CHANGE BECOME A NECESSITY?[/size]
You'r obviously confused. Boko Haram sprang up in APC controlled states. If APC had lived up to its responsibility in those states, Boko Haram would not have arisen at all.

What is the president's business with a governor spending 1.6b on wedding? Was the president elected to police governors? In case you dont know, states a semi-autonomous units in the federation and the governors have every liberty to use and mis-use the resources of their respective states. That is what the constitution says. If the people of that that state feel strongly about what their governor has done, they should ask him questions, after all they voted him into power, just like the president was voted too.

The other issues you raised are neither here nor there. The governors should take the NGF case to court. The president is not the law court neither is he a member of the NGF. Same with the rivers state house of assembly crisis.

1 Like

Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Kingspin(m): 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
Paul John:

Really? Believe me, APC is the only party in Nigeria that has at least a state under it control in every geopolitical zone of the federation(SW, SE, NC, NE, NW, SS), while the PDP does not.
Tell me again which is a sectional party. grin
From SW -- SS is just on papers.
Nobody have contested on the platform APC what we have is change of party name (cross carpet) and they are only very noisy in the SW..Most govs apart from SW are still in PDP can you say APGA or LP is a national party...The base of my view is on the set & collections of people who formed the APC and somehow its originality . Am not a support of PDP either, but looking at the formation of the PDP you will agree it colour of national identity that was put by pen from all the zones that make up Nigeria (NE,NC,SW,SE & SS) and never a batch of people.
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
DISASTROUS describes perfectly gej administration, a government that is loosing 360 billion Naira in July, National income is dropping, unemployment is rising, universities dying, health = 0.[b]And you want us to stick with the pdp? [b]
Abeg help me ask the murtafucker!!
Ifeanyichukwu should be relieved of his duty as the PDP minister of nairaland affairs . angry
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Katsumoto: 3:48am On Aug 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You'r obviously confused. Boko Haram sprang up in APC controlled states. If APC had lived up to its responsibility in those states, Boko Haram would not have arisen at all.

What is the president's business with a governor spending 1.6b on wedding? Was the president elected to police governors? In case you dont know, states a semi-autonomous units in the federation and the governors have every liberty to use and mis-use the resources of their respective states. That is what the constitution says. If the people of that that state feel strongly about what their governor has done, they should ask him questions, after all they voted him into power, just like the president was voted too.

The other issues you raised are neither here nor there. The governors should take the NGF case to court. The president is not the law court neither is he a member of the NGF. Same with the rivers state house of assembly crisis.

You are the one who is confused. The president of Nigeria appoints the Inspector-General of Police who in turn appoints state Police commissioners. It amounts to the highest form of tomfoolery and imbecility for you to state that the security in any state within the federation is not the responsibility of the President. Do state governors appoint commissioners of Police? Regardless of what social programmes are in place or not in place, the safety of lives and property is the responsibility of the President.

You told a part of the story with regards to accountability of state governors. You missed out the part about the corruption being one of the main cancers of the Nigerian nation and your president is not only powerless to reduce it, he is also complicit in its spread. He has surrounded himself with wanted criminals like Alams, Buruji Kasumu, Deziani, etc The governor who even spent that obscene amount of money is from the same party as the president.

I noticed that you cleverly tried to ignore everything else I put down but more importantly, you avoided my question. I will put it to you again - at what point does change become a necessity?
Re: Can We Trust This APC? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
Katsumoto:

You are the one who is confused. The president of Nigeria appoints the Inspector-General of Police who in turn appoints state Police commissioners. It amounts to the highest form of tomfoolery and imbecility for you to state that the security in any state within the federation is not the responsibility of the President. Do state governors appoint commissioners of Police? Regardless of what social programmes are in place or not in place, the safety of lives and property is the responsibility of the President.

You told a part of the story with regards to accountability of state governors. You missed out the part about the corruption being one of the main cancers of the Nigerian nation and your president is not only powerless to reduce it, he is also complicit in its spread. He has surrounded himself with wanted criminals like Alams, Buruji Kasumu, Deziani, etc The governor who even spent that obscene amount of money is from the same party as the president.

I noticed that you cleverly tried to ignore everything else I put down but more importantly, you avoided my question. I will put it to you again - at what point does change become a necessity?
Security is different from law enforcement. Security is not the business of the president alone. It is the responsibility and business of EVERYBODY, including the governor and YOU.

The governors are chief security officers of their states. Yes, they do not appoint the police commissioners in their states, but governors have good working relationship with the police leadership in their state. The situation in Rivers is an exception, not the norm.

Besides the police and other law enforcement agencies, the governors can take other measures to ensure security in their states, including non-arm bearing vigilantes (eg the formation of civillian JTF has made so much difference in war on Boko Haram), job creation measures, citizens empowerment, promoting religuous and social harmony,etc. If there's failure of security in any state, the blame goes to the governor first before anyone else.

I've already addressed the issue of change. If you insist on having a change, then Lagos is the best place to start. Lagosians deserve a change after14 years of ACN rudderless, corrupt and deportful leadership

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jigawa Hotel Worker Returned Ipad, N17m To Owner / Buhari Finally Speaks! / We Found Billions In Bala Mohammed’s Jeep And Took N310million, Now He Is After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.