Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:07 AM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (565912 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 12, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
Here is an interesting read.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/im-christian-married-atheist-heres-170000627.html

What do y'all think? Can you do it? Marry an atheist or a christian as the case might be?

The struggle is always for the believers rather than the atheist. The believers always think they need to save you and that is disrespectful mindframe to come with when dealing with an adult. I find the atheists don't try and change their partner because that would mean mocking their faith and that is a no no but believers think because atheists have no faith then they're not mocking it forgetting that they're mocking the persons intelligence which is personal while faith is communal.

I'm glad it worked for them, it took her to grow and accept and to stop struggling and submit to what is.

2 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by MaziOmenuko: 8:49am On Dec 12, 2016
JuicyLucy:

The struggle is always for the believers rather than the atheist. The believers always think they need to save you and that is disrespectful mindframe to come with when dealing with an adult. I find the atheists don't try and change their partner because that would mean mocking their faith and that is a no no but believers think because atheists have no faith then they're not mocking it forgetting that they're mocking the persons intelligence which is personal while faith is communal.

I'm glad it worked for them, it took her to grow and accept and to stop struggling and submit to what is.

Exactly my sentiments. Atheists are more open to such relationships than the religious folks. They will easily quote the scriptures where they are asked not to be equally yoked with unbelievers. Even amongst them, a catholic would not freely marry a Protestant, likewise the sabatharians, living churches, witnesses, momons would always discriminate against those not in their faith.

It shows religion divides more than it unites.

5 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by lawani: 6:17am On Dec 20, 2016
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Hosannah: 11:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
URGENT MESSAGE FROM A LOVING CHRISTIAN: REPENT TODAY! THE KINGDOM OF THE ALMIGHTY GOD, THE CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH IS AT HAND!! Please read on

The Creation

“In the beginning GOD created the heaven and the earth” (Genesis 1:1) “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with GOD, and the Word was GOD” (John 1:1) “And the LORD GOD formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul” (Genesis 2:7) “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made” (John 1:3) “For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; GOD himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else” (Isaiah 45:18) “By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth” (Psalms 33:6) “The earth is the LORD’s, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. (Psalms 24:1)

The Sovereignty of GOD

“Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is GOD in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else” (Deuteronomy 4:39)
“Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting GOD, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding” (Isaiah 40:28)
“Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our GOD, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:7-9)
“Thou art worthy, O LORD, to receive glory honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created” (Revelation 4:11)

Jesus CHRIST the Son of GOD

“For there is one GOD, and one mediator between GOD and men, the man CHRIST Jesus; who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time” (1 Timothy 2:5-6) “In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible GOD, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: All things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist” (Colossians 1:14-17) “For GOD so Loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For GOD sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of GOD” (John 3:16-18) “Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of GOD, GOD dwelleth in him, and he in GOD” (1 John 4:15) “This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:11-12)

The Last Days

“That ye be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the LORD and Saviour: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation” (2 Peter 3:2-4 ) “The LORD is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9) “For the LORD himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of GOD: and the dead in CHRIST shall rise first:” (1 Thessalonians 4:16) “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death” (Revelation 21:8 )

Jesus CHRIST our LORD and Saviour

“But GOD commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8 ) “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the LORD;” (Acts 3:19)
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the LORD Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that GOD hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” (Romans 10:9-10)
“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear GOD, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man” (Ecclesiastes 12:13)
“That thou keep his commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our LORD Jesus CHRIST: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the KING of kings, and the LORD of lords;” (1 Timothy 6:14-15)

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding" (Proverbs 9:10)
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth forever" (Psalm 111:10)

To know more, read the Word of GOD daily in the HOLY BIBLE (king James version)
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by diybay(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2016
Another perspective: God as the system..
Alot of people this days don't even know who or what God is, but I don't think is any of their fault because nobody actually seems to know who or what God is. I believe in a statement that says even if there is spirituality or supernatural forces in life they cannot be explained just by tapping into the supernatural force. This is because the man is a natural being.
Man is a natural being not because everything he sees or cab explain is natural, just like it is natural for man to exist. There is nothing supernatural about man him self even though he has spirit and soul that can not be seen of touch but it is natural for every man to have that. So events that can be explained or occurs by the influence of man is said to be natural.
Things that can not be explained and not man influenced are said to be supernatural that is, more than the natural things that occurs.
Man has to define things beyond his reasoning as supernatural... so the force behind such force is said to be God. the so called supernatural cannot be supernatural if it is not relative to the natural. God cannot be God if not relative to humans or less powerful bodies. Assuming God has a mate of equal power will he be called God by such mate?, No he can't, will rather be called a friend or an enemy, obviously because he can't be under God's control.
When we ask the question that goes thus: what controls the natural state mi of existence, the most likely to be an appropriate answer is the supernatural. Now if we go further by questioning the supernatural i.e. what exactly controls the supernatural we have no other answer apart from God. Now this justifies the fact that God is the supreme over both the natural and even the supernatural, but have you questioned who or what exactly God is, is he a being or a thing that controls everything.
I have an opinion which says God is a system that comprises of everything living and non-living, imaginable and unimaginable as it's subsets. This definition of God as a system sees everything as part of God I.e. everyone is an aspect or a part of God. This is justified by the general believe that God knows everything, moreover how won't he know everything since everything is he, so anything that happens to anything happens to God so he has to be aware of it.
Author: Diya Ayobami
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by 4kings: 8:38am On Dec 24, 2016
diybay aren't you making Awareness one-sided?
Even the "mind and body" don't work that way, or any thing related to this context.

Or better still, explain why there is an exception in this case.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by diybay(m): 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
4kings:

Even the "mind and body" don't work that way,

the relationship between mind and the body is of no doubt a complex one but it can be explained or summarised under my perspective of it as a system.
the mind is the intangible platform where by man as a being decides or iron-out things inputted by the body and the spirit. this three works as a system such that the mind depends on what has been heard, seen, felt and so on by the organs of the body.
And of course the spirit cannot be seen but manifest physically through the help of the body as a container and the mind as a processor.
This all works as a system which is called man. none of this components can work alone and still be within the naturality of man..
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by 4kings: 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
diybay:

the relationship between mind and the body is of no doubt a complex one but it can be explained or summarised under my perspective of it as a system.
the mind is the intangible platform where by man as a being decides or iron-out things inputted by the body and the spirit. this three works as a system such that the mind depends on what has been heard, seen, felt and so on by the organs of the body.
And of course the spirit cannot be seen but manifest physically through the help of the body as a container and the mind as a processor.

Can you explain more on the "mind and spirit", I don't get your distinction.

This all works as a system which is called man. none of this components can work alone and still be within the naturality of man..

Ohh, I just realized that this is Pantheism.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by udogenius: 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
ok
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by diybay(m): 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
4kings:

Can you explain more on the "mind and spirit", I don't get your distinction.

The spirit is the pure form of God, but mixed with the body forms man, as a result of this combination the mind is formed to be a bridge of their connection. It should be noted that God is not only GOOD but also EVIL.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by diybay(m): 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2016
4kings:

Ohh, I just realized that this is Pantheism.
I don't believe that anything is divine, moreover divinity is a relative word. Rather I believe in a complex system that everything is a component of. It should be remembered that the system is what I call God.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by 4kings: 10:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
diybay:

I don't believe that anything is divine, moreover divinity is a relative word. Rather I believe in a complex system that everything is a component of. It should be remembered that the system is what I call God.
Sure, divine is a relative word, and can be applied here also, in the sense of complexity or whatever you choose to call it.
So, you have a pantheistic or panentheistic world view.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by 4kings: 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2016
diybay:

The spirit is the pure form of God, but mixed with the body forms man, as a result of this combination the mind is formed to be a bridge of their connection. It should be noted that God is not only GOOD but also EVIL.
Does this also apply to other living organisms apart from man? Why or why not?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by diybay(m): 8:25am On Dec 25, 2016
4kings:

Does this also apply to other living organisms apart from man? Why or why not?
it applies to every living organism. The pure form of God is what makes it living. The aspect of this purity that is of man is called Spirit.. we can say same thing for other animals also, but the maturity of the purity is important because it is what determines the body which then in turns determines the level of mind formed
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by diybay(m): 8:31am On Dec 25, 2016
4kings:

Sure, divine is a relative word, and can be applied here also, in the sense of complexity or whatever you choose to call it.
So, you have a pantheistic or panentheistic world view.
I use complex because it can be questioned and understood, depending on how thoughtful one is... But divinity is meant to be accepted without questioning or understanding..
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by 4kings: 3:14pm On Dec 25, 2016
diybay:

I use complex because it can be questioned and understood, depending on how thoughtful one is... But divinity is meant to be accepted without questioning or understanding..
Okay
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by 4kings: 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2016
diybay:

it applies to every living organism. The pure form of God is what makes it living. The aspect of this purity that is of man is called Spirit.. we can say same thing for other animals also, but the maturity of the purity is important because it is what determines the body which then in turns determines the level of mind formed
can you talk more on this levels.
Are third eyes, chi, energy, kundalini, stage of Enlightenment stuff included.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by diybay(m): 2:03pm On Dec 27, 2016
4kings:

can you talk more on this levels.
Are third eyes, chi, energy, kundalini, stage of Enlightenment stuff included.
I believe these are all words used by people of different believes to qualify the amount of purity that can be tapped into or permeability of the mind to allow the manifestation of the God's pure form, or the percentage of the body system that is allowed to be controlled by the spirit....
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Recoverd(f): 2:09pm On Dec 27, 2016
I was here...
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by 4kings: 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2016
diybay:

I believe these are all words used by people of different believes to qualify the amount of purity that can be tapped into or permeability of the mind to allow the manifestation of the God's pure form, or the percentage of the body system that is allowed to be controlled by the spirit....
Do you know how this state of mind can be reached, or how it applies to everyone.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by diybay(m): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
4kings:

Do you know how this state of mind can be reached, or how it applies to everyone.
I have never tried to figure out how it can be reached but I believe that different believes reach it in different ways... I believe a true speaking in tongues, miracles by the Christian religion are some of the manifestation... The Chinese monks are known to tap into it through meditation, some are through chants, spells and lots more...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by mohamedali(m): 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
Blive Now or I can give you more ....
Go to my profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9xIMGw1vSE
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hi Mimzyy cheesy
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by mohamedali(m): 8:51am On Jan 05, 2017
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Mimzyy(f): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2017
NinjaX:
Hi Mimzyy cheesy

Uhmmm Hello.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
Mimzyy:

Uhmmm Hello.

I thought you would not reply. Guess I was wrong. So you do not hate me despite all I did?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Mimzyy(f): 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
NinjaX:

I thought you would not reply. Guess I was wrong. So you do not hate me despite all I did?

Who are you? I'm too busy loving those who love me. There's no room in my heart for hatred.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
Mimzyy:

Who are you? I'm too busy loving those who love me. There's no room in my heart for hatred.

Thought you know. Anyway I'm the one who created a thread some time in the past titled "why you should never trust a nairalander".

Erm just want to say I was only being mischievous and never meant the things I said.

Happy New Year though.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by sonofluc1fer: 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2017
happy new year fellow heathens, God-mockers and Christ haters. May the fire of the Holy Spirt continue to burn our yansh and light our path.

Ramen.

3 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Mimzyy(f): 9:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
I see...

NinjaX:

Thought you know. Anyway I'm the one who created a thread some time in the past titled "why you should never trust a nairalander".

Erm just want to say I was only being mischievous and never meant the things I said.

Happy New Year though.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
Mimzyy:
I see...
Still egotistical as always.

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (240) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.