Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,270 members, 7,887,787 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:49 PM

Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. (424496 Views)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / Gionee Pioneer P3 discussion thread / Gionee Pioneer P2 Rooting And Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by marcjoe(m): 9:44am On Sep 29, 2013
tonardo:
The battery is nothing to write home about..
Big for nothing battery (over size battery)
Thank God I have sold the phone....

nawa ooh so d ba3 dey run like usain bolt ...typing with a friend tecno p5 sha...
1gb ram phone like p5 on d way sha..that one ba3 go over strong sha
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 9:48am On Sep 29, 2013
Elxandre: Dont be suprised though if the Tp5 is a bit smoother. Its stock android, so its not intensive on the GUI.
Its just like how people complain about Samsung's Touchwiz being quite laggy! even though the processors are beastly.
That smoothness is what i feel the first time i operate it..
Upon got a point man..
Stock little tweak.
Slide the down dock to the left you got music and fm
Slide to the right you got the launcher preference..
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2013
marcjoe:

nawa ooh so d ba3 dey run like usain bolt ...typing with a friend tecno p5 sha...
1gb ram phone like p5 on d way sha..that one ba3 go over strong sha
I have compare the battery myself..
Until you have the phones on hands..
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 10:04am On Sep 29, 2013
Onlytola: is it with carton? And d sd card? And charger? I can let u keep the earpiece tho. Email me adeyilolaadetola@gmail.com
You are not serious bros... You no fit call me confirm all this ur questions na me go come dey email you.. I dey come make I go collect money for the phone.. Phone sold. Sorry next time be serious..
Email tinz are end time tinz..
No ves oh.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by dragnet: 10:08am On Sep 29, 2013
tonardo:
I have compare the battery myself..
Until you have the phones on hands..
Sir, if you have to make comments please do so in a civil manner without being abusive or derogatory.

meanwhile, I'm a bit surprised at your comments as regards the Gionee P2 because I know two people using the phone without any real issues yet. though there's this situation when the phone goes blank & it wouldn't boot till the battery was pulled.
and let me add this, a Scrabble game which doesn't run except with issues on a tecno A+ runs better on the Gionee.
maybe you just got unlucky & got the one with production issues or you weren't patient enough to tweak the phone to run better.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 10:14am On Sep 29, 2013
Godvilla: That's good. Where in Lag are u rite nw?
My client has the money *Cash* @ hand rite now...
Thanks bro G. The maga Don pay.
Pepper don rest..
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 10:20am On Sep 29, 2013
dragnet:
Sir, if you have to make comments please do so in a civil manner without being abusive or derogatory..
Thanks.
Goes the to other nairalanders
But if you abuse me first I go abuse you second...
Hope no issue with that?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Emmikem(m): 10:29am On Sep 29, 2013
dragnet:
Sir, if you have to make comments please do so in a civil manner without being abusive or derogatory.

meanwhile, I'm a bit surprised at your comments as regards the Gionee P2 because I know two people using the phone without any real issues yet. though there's this situation when the phone goes blank & it wouldn't boot till the battery was pulled.
and let me add this, a Scrabble game which doesn't run except with issues on a tecno A+ runs better on the Gionee.
maybe you just got unlucky & got the one with production issues or you weren't patient enough to tweak the phone to run better.
X

THanks joor... those talking are 3rd Users
All games Run smooth
Gangster Vegas
FiFA 14
Asphalt 8
Mass Effect
TDKR
StarGate
Nova 3
Blade slinger
backstab
GTA vice city
will install MC4 today
PPSSPP- Assassin creed bloodlines, Pes 2013, mortal kombat ..
Need data to test more

#TeamGP2
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 10:30am On Sep 29, 2013
dragnet:
meanwhile, I'm a bit surprised at your comments as regards the Gionee P2 because I know two people using the phone without any real issues yet. though there's this situation when the phone goes blank & it wouldn't boot till the battery was pulled..
So many times
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2013
Mafia4life: I know what I am saying. Typing with it using SwiftKey still lags. I will try uploading the screen shot as soon as possible
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 10:37am On Sep 29, 2013
Cowboy43: Has anyone notice? Playing game with p2 is not so smooth like tecno,esp FIFA 14 and sometimes it lag
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 10:47am On Sep 29, 2013
Elxandre:
Your intent is confusing!
Is the Tp5 better than the Gp2?
and guy, does that Tp5 charge fast (how many hours?)
With the charger i was charging it while using it and it was fine (charging)
1h 20mins is enough for an hundred percent.. Fully charged..
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 10:52am On Sep 29, 2013
mathefaro:
is it true that the os can be updated when it's available?
Dont you ever expect update on that gp2..
If it comes......... Comments reserved
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by marcjoe(m): 10:53am On Sep 29, 2013
Pls does gionee p2 ve 3G on sim two..i mean switching BTW 2sims..
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Marvell23(m): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2013
gionee p2 will not get any update,where have you seen dat a phone dat cost 14k wil get update.only the likes of E5 E3,E6 can get update
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Onlytola(m): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2013
tonardo:
You are not serious bros... You no fit call me confirm all this ur questions na me go come dey email you.. I dey come make I go collect money for the phone.. Phone sold. Sorry next time be serious..
Email tinz are end time tinz..
No ves oh.
lolz nawfin to be vexed about. *email tinz are end time tinz* lwkmd tonardo
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 11:03am On Sep 29, 2013
marcjoe: Pls does gionee p2 ve 3G on sim two..i mean switching BTW 2sims..
NO way.. If you using MTN on sim 1 airtel on sim 2
MTN will have 3g while
AIRTEL will have 2g bad news..
But in Tp5 it's not so.
You can switch the 3g to AIRTEL while MTN be on 2g
Vise vasa..
In this country where man no dey use one network.. The worst always remove battery change switch sims because you want 3g..

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2013
Marvell23: gionee p2 will not get any update,where have you seen dat a phone dat cost 14k wil get update.only the likes of E5 E3,E6 can get update
Thanks, Tell them, bug fix, for where? For OTA. (on air)
Make we da look/wait for bug update fixer.
I don port back to tecno. P5
Going back to my tecno thread, to help team TECNO..
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by directonpc(m): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2013
Marvell23: gionee p2 will not get any update,where have you seen dat a phone dat cost 14k wil get update.only the likes of E5 E3,E6 can get update
you are wrong bro. If you see the china version of gionee p2 i will come with a diffferent firmware version, and since it was first launch in china the nigerian firmware is higher, any known issue in china version have been fixed in nigerian version.

If you are planning to get a phone around 14k better choice is P2
Na so tecno boys rubbish E3 but heaven knows even phantom As no go reach e3
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by directonpc(m): 11:14am On Sep 29, 2013
tonardo:
Thanks, Tell them, bug fix, for where? For OTA. (on air)
Make we da look/wait for bug update fixer.
I don port back to tecno. P5
Going back to my tecno thread, to help team TECNO..
fair well. Hope you dont return sha.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by AMINDA: 11:16am On Sep 29, 2013
Tornado, having handled both phones, which is lighter & more slim. Pls be sincere
tonardo:
With the charger i was charging it while using it and it was fine (charging)
1h 20mins is enough for an hundred percent.. Fully charged..
Tornado, having handled both phones, which is lighter & more slim. Pls be sincere
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2013
Where are that guys that said tecno has no XDA developers support...
If i want a custom rom (roms) for TP5 i will get it.
I still got few contacts on XDA forum. When i used s3 i flash numerous Roms. Am still a member of XDA development..
They don't need the phone to build a custom rom for me..
But am to busy for flashing roms now. A good luncher is ok for me..
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 29, 2013
hello gionee gurus
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by umarious: 11:36am On Sep 29, 2013
wow peepz.its bn quite lng.i'v bn folowin dis thread ryt 4rm day 1 bt m lost n cant continue sumwere arnd pg 28.i sold my nokia c6 2 get dis baby on wednesday.m new 2 android os thou bt i wil get used 2 it soon,trust me.i tried ol games n workd well.games like a day 2 die hard.bio hazard resident evil 4.subway surfer.angry birdzzz n many more.temple run started bt didnt play.i collected it 4rm a friends p.c. killer bean was tellin me i was offline.sum of dis games didnt play in my friends tecno lyk die hard n resident evil.m nt regretin buyin dis phone @ ol.it has a decent ppi,weight screen size,n appearance.its a great phone.bt i tink m in a trouble.i dnt knw hw lng dis phone batt actually last,wen i bought it.d batt was at 39 % n it lasted v.v.well 2ru out d day until it got its 1st charge durin d nyt tym,i coldnt giv d phone full charge koz dia was no lyt.we ol knw hw important 1st chargin is.n it shuld get full b4 operation.
mine only got 2 90%,i dont enjoy d batt dat mch anymore or is it bkoz of d recent apps i installed?.....plzzzzz help
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by finfol007(m): 11:38am On Sep 29, 2013
MY FELLOW GIONEE USERS,IM IN A 47 MEMBERED GROUP ON TECNO N3 ON WHATSAPP...
NOW IM ON GIONEE P2,I JUST WANT US TO ALSO HAVE OUR WHATSAPP GROUP TOO...
PLS CONTACT ME ON 07062134064 ON WHATSAPP TO BE ADDED TO THE GROUP
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2013
TONARDO!
It was nice doing business with u. Phone has been 4marted and ready 2 receive sum heavy tweaking by me.
Iv uninstalled all preinstalled and system bloatwares.
I wonder why u complain of lag? Well... I notice sooo many doos and undoos by u.
The phone is as smooth as butter!!!
My client is more than happy rite now. HOPE 2 DO MORE BIZ WITH U.
HAPPY SUNDAY!!! smiley

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by finfol007(m): 11:46am On Sep 29, 2013
.....was no lyt.we ol knw hw important 1st chargin is.n it shuld get full b4 operation.
mine only got 2 90%,i dont enjoy d batt dat mch anymore or is it bkoz of d recent apps i installed?.....plzzzzz help

Bro im so sure irlts cos of d apps u av on it,im nt saying u shld uninstll them bt get a good task manager that can freez unused apps like titanium backup
Also uninstal d duba3 that came wth uit and install ba3 doctor
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 11:52am On Sep 29, 2013
AMINDA: Tornado, having handled both phones, which is lighter & more slim. Pls be sincere Tornado, having handled both phones, which is lighter & more slim. Pls be sincere
All I can say is the two phones are great/good /durable.
If you are looking for lighter /slimmer/prenium Tp5 wins.
Because gp2 has bigger (in size not in capacity) battery than Tp5
In network connection Gp2 wins faster than Tp5
In battery life Tp5 wins. Tp5 1800mah - Gp2 1700mah.(sincerely) Gp2 drops faster (maybe it from me) but the phones are on the same level of brightness..
In performance (in my opinion) I will give it to TP5 for its smoothness. With atutu benchmark Tp5 scores 10plus will upload it later.. In Tp5 thread..
Two fingers pull down do not work in Tp5
Gp2 does not come with stock browser (some of us don't need it but I do)
Tp5 have provision of switching 3g to sim 1or2
If you're good in video calls go for TP5 1.9mp front camera.
Both has 5mp rear camera.
Gp2 has a power saver inbuilt but an app can save you juice on Tp5 (Du/Dx battery saver)
Tp5 has other features in the developers option like stay awake, show touch, USB debugging etc. While gp2 has only USB debugging.
Please don't crucify me.. That's just my observations. It don't matter or change any thing.
If you want to abuse, please don't comment. Instead just dislike it.. Verdict Tecno win.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by umarious: 11:59am On Sep 29, 2013
finfol007: .....was no lyt.we ol knw hw important 1st chargin is.n it shuld get full b4 operation.

Bro im so sure irlts cos of d apps u av on it,im nt saying u shld uninstll them bt get a good task manager that can freez unused apps like titanium backup
................i wil instal d ba3 doctor 2 replc d duba3.den install titanium back up?,hope i dnt nid 2 root in oda 2 install?.n do u av any oda solution again?.yeah.....my phone is runnin 2 many background appz
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by tonardo(m): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2013
Godvilla: TONARDO!
It was nice doing business with u. Phone has been 4marted and ready 2 receive sum heavy tweaking 4rm me.
Iv uninstalled all preinstalled and system bloatwares.
I wonder why u complain of lag? Well... I notice sooo many doos and undoos by u.
The phone is as smooth as butter!!!
My client is more than happy rite now. HOPE 2 DO MORE BIZ WITH U.
HAPPY SUNDAY!!! smiley
Thanks. But don't pray for this kind of business in future..
Enjoy your phone.. Cheers
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by umarious: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
finfol007: .....was no lyt.we ol knw hw important 1st chargin is.n it shuld get full b4 operation.

................i wil instal d ba3 doctor 2 replc d duba3.den install titanium back up?,hope i dnt nid 2 root in oda 2 install?.n do u av any oda solution again?.yeah.....my phone is runnin 2 many background appz

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (216) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread / 2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS. / How Do I Download 2go To My Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.