Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,794 members, 7,905,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:17 PM

Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law (30563 Views)

Osinbajo And Malami In Turf War Over $1.3billion Malabu Scam - Premium Times / The Coming War Over Fulani / Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by freddiley(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pregnancy, whether by means of molestation or mutual consent is "pregnancy" and the child in question has a right to life.
From the Christian perspective, anyone who commits abortion is guilty of murder and the blood of the innocent child will cry for vengeance against its killer, for any reason whatsoever.
Then from secular reasoning, when molestation results to pregnancy, the mother is always stigmatized. But does this stigma stop her from been a murderer is she aborts the child? Does the stigma stop the child from been hers if she gives birth to him/her?
I suggest we look at the GOD factor in decision governing our lives. Legalizing abortion in the western world does not mean that it is good. In the same western world, children ask the parents "are you crazy mum" and its seen as his right. Is it same in Nigeria? Let's not forget that GOD is watching us on 3D. Nice day all

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Okijajuju1(m): 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
freddiley: Pregnancy, whether by means of molestation or mutual consent is "pregnancy" and the child in question has a right to life.
From the Christian perspective, anyone who commits abortion is guilty of murder and the blood of the innocent child will cry for vengeance against its killer, for any reason whatsoever.
Then from secular reasoning, when molestation results to pregnancy, the mother is always stigmatized. But does this stigma stop her from been a murderer is she aborts the child? Does the stigma stop the child from been hers if she gives birth to him/her?
I suggest we look at the GOD factor in decision governing our lives. Legalizing abortion in the western world does not mean that it is good. In the same western world, children ask the parents "are you crazy mum" and its seen as his right. Is it same in Nigeria? Let's not forget that GOD is watching us on 3D. Nice day all

I just looked at the God factor... #GUESS WHAT! God dont give a damn!

So if we know that a baby inside a mothers would would definitely kill her if its not aborted and we let her die from that Pregnancy.. #WHO DO WE CHARGE WITH HER DEATH?!

a. The Baby

b. The Mother

c. God

Choose one.. Because either ways, someone has to take the blame..

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by DanAnyiam: 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
chukwudi44:

My own solution? Simple give those kids a right to live as your own mother gave you.The 33,000 women would not have died if they had not done abortion in the first place
How we all wish that life is straight forward and simple as your own world seems. I am not for or against. Its a moral and personal issue, of which the person involved and family are in the best possible position to decide. And no one else.
Not by bishop, Archbishops (who supposed to know nothing about sex) not by same doctors that ask for hefty deposit first before, even a paracetamol is administered to a dying patient.

We are all for life, but we call all see how worthless life is in Nigeria, through the attitude and behaviour of majority of Nigerians and their governments. Those who claimed to love life should tell us, why its still a taboo to marry a single mum in their communities?
Look at your own families, even those of extended families, also look at your circle friends and beyond or at every person you know and please tell me how many has an adopted child or has raised one?
How many motherless babies home are in your local councils that you knew or can recall? And they won't be babies forever. What happens when they go into their teens, young adult, will they still be in a motherless babies home. Would you like your dad to bring one home as your ready made brother or sister. Talk is cheap, but actions are far more expensive.
Like I said, we are all for life, but look at your personal attitude to life and ask yourself, does my way of life, aspirations etc supports my stance on life or against?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by DanAnyiam: 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2013
Garri the 1st: Imo is not a Catholic State!!

This law doesn't stop Catholics from practicing what they believe....

cool
Very well put. If catholics practises their believe, who will remember that this law exist?
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by DanAnyiam: 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
Aerocrystals: Dis law is absurd nd totally unaceptable....hw on earth can smbdy legalise abortion...nawa o embarassedDis law is absurd nd totally unaceptable....hw on earth wuld smbdy legalise abortion...nawa embarassedo
If your'e are not having sex, why does it bothers.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by InHim4Him(m): 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2013
INTERESTING. There is more to come. Americans woke up and said it was the woman's right to get an abortion. Stronger, more pungent and humanistic reasons were given. Today, how much of America's problems have been solved by that law.
Americans woke up and said the Bible which had guided generations unto success in every field should be withdrawn from the schools. Human rights were cited, people agreed and supported the law. Today, Americans are groping not knowing what to believe any longer.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by InHim4Him(m): 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2013
INTERESTING. There is more to come. Americans woke up and said it was the woman's right to get an abortion. Stronger, more pungent and humanistic reasons were given. Today, how much of America's problems have been solved by that law.
Americans woke up and said the Bible which had guided generations unto success in every field should be withdrawn from the schools. Human rights were cited, people agreed and supported the law. Today, Americans are groping not knowing what to believe any longer. It is not just about laws.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by InHim4Him(m): 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
Yes, it is not just abiut laws but that which follows.
Americans woke up and said corporal punishment was demeaning to the CHILD. We all agreed. Today, it is also right for the child to go to school armed to kill both teachers and other children. Afterall, it is their right.
America woke up and told us it is the right of the individual to choose his gendre and sexual orientation. So, it is therefore their right to sue the church and pastor who refuses to wed two men as husbands and wife. Rochas and his friends should remember they are writing history for generations yet unborn.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by DanAnyiam: 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2013
chukwudi44:

By 2015 elections we will surely know who owns the state.Okorocha do not legalise the killing of innocent igbo babies.That was why we were averse to your joining a boko haram party in the first place.

Comply with what majority of your citizens want or get thrown out during the next elections.
You are such a drama queen.
So you who supposed to be educated, is it how you will possibly explained this to the unlettered in your family. Despite you being the educated, so you don't know the difference between the legislative arm of the govt and executive branch?
Since has the executive makes law? for you to be going on and on in the thread about Rochas this or that.?
This was a law initiated inside the Imo house of assembly, courtesy of your direct representatives. They are the ones that debated this law through its 1st, 2nd readings before being passed into law. The governor's only job was signing the legislation into law.

I haven't read even one single thing from you about going to your member of the Imo assembly to protest and ask how he/she voted on this said law. There is every chance, that you don't even know whom your representative is. So stop being a drama queen over an issue, you seem to know very little about.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by soulglo: 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
chukwudi44: Rochas had better be careful!!! If he decides to fight the catholic church which comprises about 70% of the states population he will be finised politically.He should not forget what happeded to Ohakim and how he got to power in the first place.Abortion is murder except when the pregnacy endangers the mother's life.Even if a child comes from rape he should be allowed to live

Those of you arguing oterwise,assuming of your daughter is raped and somehow manages to give birth to a baby resulting from its pregancy will it be rigt to still kill the baby after it has already been born simply because his father was a rapist?

So it becomes murder even when the child is a few hours old but legal abortion even when the mother is 8 months pregmants.Taking of human life is bad.There is no two ways about it.

It is simply a use of differant terminologies to describe the same act

So it is not murder when the mother's life is in danger? You need to choose if it is murder or not. If you truly believe what you are saying your position would be that the doctors should keep the fetus in even if the mother would die. After all according to you that fetus has as much life as the mother. Right? That is basically what you people are saying.
I applaud the governor. The east is largely catholic and for him to take this stance shows me that he is more interested in what is right and not what will get him votes. Nigerians should vote for people who make these tough decisions. Not based on what ethnic group the person is from or what village he is from etc. You keep getting the same leaders you have because you keep voting the same way. I know people will hate this but it is true that people get the leaders they deserve. Nigerians are not ready for change. When you are then the change will come
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Xplodes2700(m): 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2013
For all those against the bill, stop being Hypocrithical, u know you will not marry a single mum, adopt a motherless baby, or sponsor a motherless baby home. You still join in gossiping that little girl in your area who got pregnant through molestation.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Danchu(m): 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
guys! depriving babies of access to life all in the name of abortion is evil. Making abortion a legal act will mount the rate of evil regarding baby ritual, trafficking n just of resent baby factory of a thing.this will do us more bad than good.say NO to abortion!!!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Livinusc(m): 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
Reptyle:

Seems to me like the law is specific about instances where abortion can be procured. What's the fuss?
But d way it sounds it involved every body, it is evil if dey put it into law like dis.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by biafranqueen: 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2013
Dan Anyiam:
How we all wish that life is straight forward and simple as your own world seems. I am not for or against. Its a moral and personal issue, of which the person involved and family are in position to decide. No one else. Not bishop (who supposed to knew nothing about sex) not same doctors that ask deposit first before, even a paracetamol is administered to a patient.

We are all for life, but see how worthless life is in Nigeria, the the attitude and behaviour of majority of Nigerians. Those who claimed to love life should tell us, why its a taboo to marry a single mum in their communities?
Look at you family, even those very far, look at your friends or look at every person you know and tell me how many has an adopted child? How many motherless babies home in your local councils?
Like I said, we are all for life, but look at your personal attitude to life and ask yourself, if it supports your stance on life or against?
kiss kiss
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by tegabetty: 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
Reptyle:

Seems to me like the law is specific about instances where abortion can be procured. What's the fuss?
. Will the instances always be adhered to? You know once u give nigerians allow, dey'll take allowance so its best not 2 pass d bill in2 law bcoz it will most definately be misused buh does my comment mean anytin 2d lawmakers
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by biafranqueen: 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2013
Xplodes2700: For all those against the bill, stop being Hypocrithical, u know you will not marry a single mum, adopt a motherless baby, or sponsor a motherless baby home. You still join in gossiping that little girl in your area who got pregnant through molestation.
they don't wanna hear that bet me the main one on here will be the main one gossiping or forbidding they brother or son to marry single women or adopt a child just so they can talk about them shouting thief calling her a prostitute I know them well well!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by biafranqueen: 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2013
Dan Anyiam:
You are such a drama queen.
So you who supposed to be educated, is it how you will possibly explained this to the unlettered in your family. Despite you being the educated, so you don't know the difference between the legislative arm of the govt and executive branch?
Since has the executive makes law? for you to be going on and on in the thread about Rochas this or that.?
This is a law initiated in the Imo house of assembly courtesy of your direct representatives. They are the ones that debated the law through its 1st, 2nd readings before passeing it into law. The governor signed the legislation law.

I haven't read even one single thing from you about going to your member of the assembly to ask how he/she voted in this said law. There is every chance, that you don't even know own your representative. So stop being a drama queen over an issue, you seem to know little about.
they would not even send an email but can come here passing judgement sad
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by igbo2011(m): 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
thoth: actually even though the law states the condition on which abortion is allowed, what many of you fail to understand is that in the court of law it has several interpretaions. A woman can simply decide to abort a baby simply because she FEELS that it was not what she wants and therefore a concern to her health, there are many ways the whole line can be twisted.

Today i was informed that the law was drafted by USAID and they sorted the House of Assembly after the first attempt was rejected.

These USAID and others knows quite well what they are doing, it is we africans and our inferiority complex result in our quest to feel like to qhite man that is confused, very soon divorce laws will be introdued and i know people will like to sound modern and support it while our society disintegrates.

A woman who wants to spite you can abort your baby on basis of health reasons if she states that she does not feel healthy enough to proceed with the pregnancy.

May God help Africa.

We wait for god too much. We need to do things for outrselves.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Ovamboland(m): 11:29am On Aug 30, 2013
Na wah for this holier than thou fake Christian apologists.

Under the new covenant of Christ, is the law no longer written in the hearts of believers?

Are the Catholic priests afraid they have woefully failed in leading believers to Christ and need secular laws to do their jobs.

Why are the priests and other 70% Catholics yet to sponsor bills through their reps on criminalizing biblical sins like Fornication, Adultery, Blaspheming Holy Spirit etc. or are they less sins before God? Or such law will catch many of them RED handed?

Why do Christians of this age require secular law to validate the practice of their beliefs?

Does this law make it mandatory for any woman to terminate a pregnancy against her wishes?

Show any example of Christ or Apostles fighting for the repeal of any Roman law.

As citizens you have a right to protest any law and be ready to suffer it's application by the state. You can as well go to court and demonstrate the law violates the constitution instead of
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by valentinelibia: 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
infact he should go to hell grin[url][/url][sub][/sub][color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria / Uche Chukwumerije Buried In Abia [photo] / Fayose Visits APC Chieftain, Olumilua (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.