Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,822 members, 7,972,939 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 10:45 PM

Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" - Politics (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" (170647 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Nigerian Senate, Calls It Gathering Of "Beer Parlour Chat" / Politics Chat Thread, Discuss Nigerian Politics Here But Dont Get Picked Up / First Lady, Aisha Buhari Closes Beauty Parlour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (128) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Pukkah: 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
xynerise: Is it true Obasanjo is a Yoruba man? undecided

Someone said Nigeria is an asian country, how true is that? undecided

E don tey wey this guy dey go beer parlour.

See questions! grin grin
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
All your orders are ready
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
Err...since this is the politics chat-room - can some of the eggheads on here explain why most of greatest music artists ever (talent-wise), with fans that cut across all races, creeds and colours are leftist leaning? John Lennon, Michael Jackson, Tupac, Fela Kuti, Bob Marley, Harry Belafonte, Frank Sinatra, Bruce Springsteen etc...
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
shymexx: Err...since this is the politics chat-room - can some of the eggheads on here explain why most of greatest music artists ever (talent-wise), with fans that cut across all races, creeds and colours are leftist leaning? John Lennon, Michael Jackson, Tupac, Fela Kuti, Bob Marley, Harry Belafonte, Frank Sinatra, Bruce Springsteen etc...
shocked
It's certainly complicated. I think they could have been beneficiaries of some govt program earlier in their lives.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Katsumoto: 5:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
shymexx: Err...since this is the politics chat-room - can some of the eggheads on here explain why most of greatest music artists ever (talent-wise), with fans that cut across all races, creeds and colours are leftist leaning? John Lennon, Michael Jackson, Tupac, Fela Kuti, Bob Marley, Harry Belafonte, Frank Sinatra, Bruce Springsteen etc...

Suffering leads to inspiration & Motivation.

Most of them are from humble backgrounds.

In Fela's case he was from a privileged background but got influenced by the Black Panthers after spending months in LA with his band in 1969. After that visit, his outlook and political views became radicalized. He changed the name of his band to Africa 70 after that trip.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by freezy(m): 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
1759 on the dot! Perfect time for the perfect beer.

Gimme big stout jare...
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
Katsumoto:
Suffering leads to inspiration & Motivation.

Most of them are from humble backgrounds.

In Fela's case he was from a privileged background but got influenced by the Black Panthers after spending months in LA with his band in 1969. After that visit, his outlook and political views became radicalized. He changed the name of his band to Africa 70 after that trip.

CFCfan: shocked
It's certainly complicated. I think they could have been beneficiaries of some govt program earlier in their lives.

I concur. However, most of the capitalist ones are also from the same humble backgrounds. Jay-Z, Paul McCartney, Janet Jackson, Britney Spears, Guns N' Roses, Beyonce etc..
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Katsumoto: 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
shymexx:

I concur. However, most of the capitalist ones are also from the same humble backgrounds. Jay-Z, Paul McCartney, Janet Jackson, Britney Spears, Guns N' Roses, Beyonce etc..

Ultimately, it depends on your person. Same reason why some Billionaires will give their wealth away to charity while others avoid paying taxes.

Same as politicians - why do folks from the same background choose different political ideologies?
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
Katsumoto:
Ultimately, it depends on your person. Same reason why some Billionaires will give their wealth away to charity while others avoid paying taxes.

Same as politicians - why do folks from the same background choose different political ideologies?

I understand that. However, what's baffling is that you can't really compare the talent-level of the left-leaning ones, to the capitalist ones. You definitely can't compare John Lennon with Sir Paul McCartney - John Lennon was The Beatles. He wrote almost all their hits and he had the best voice in the group. Jay-Z might be the richest rapper ever, but he definitely is the most talented - all the most talented rappers are leftists. Michael Jackson to Janet. Frank Sinatra and Bruce Springsteen can't ever be compared to the rest. Tupac, Fela and Bob Marley are in a different world.

Perhaps, it has to do with humanity itself aligning with talents because once you feel you're divinely blessed - being a cheerful giver won't be a problem. I stand to be corrected, though.

As for politicians - I believe most of them opportunists and they choose sides based on where they can get an easy ride to the top. Political doctrine is like international relations - with no permanent friends - just pitching your tent with the right (political)-affiliation, at the right time, to maximise your (political)-gains.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Katsumoto: 6:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
shymexx:

I understand that. However, what's baffling is that you can't really compare the talent-level of the left-leaning ones, to the capitalist ones. You definitely can't compare John Lennon with Sir Paul McCartney - John Lennon was The Beatles. He wrote almost all their hits and he had the best voice in the group. Jay-Z might be the richest rapper ever, but he definitely is the most talented - all the most talented rappers are leftists. Michael Jackson to Janet. Frank Sinatra and Bruce Springsteen can't ever be compared to the rest. Tupac, Fela and Bob Marley are in a different world.

Perhaps, it has to do with humanity itself aligning with talents because once you feel you're divinely blessed - being a cheerful giver won't be a problem. I stand to be corrected, though.

As for politicians - I believe most of them opportunists and they choose sides based on where they can get an easy ride to the top. Political doctrine is like international relations - with no permanent friends - just pitching your tent with the right (political)-affiliation, at the right time, to maximise your (political)-gains.

Now you are applying subjective analysis to the task. You will not arrive at a logical conclusion if you do.

As for politicians, I believe most of them in the western nations truly follow the ideology they believe in except for a few like Blair.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
Katsumoto:
Now you are applying subjective analysis to the task. You will not arrive at a logical conclusion if you do.

As for politicians, I believe most of them in the western nations truly follow the ideology they believe in except for a few like Blair.

Anyway, I was just trying to find answers. However, I don't think music artists can be compared to politicians since human trait is more of a personal and innate thing - and politics is about the status quo. perhaps, we can attribute the politics to record company executives, but what the artists do in their private lives, is more about personal choices.

Tony Blair did start well but fell. However, we can say it's a few because most of the Labour MPs voted for all his policies. Obama is also a leftist who acts like a moderate republican. And we can also cite the unholy union between the conservatives and lib dem in the UK. Evidently, politics is an opportunist game, not necessarily a reflection of a person's ideology.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
^^
Obama was only a Leftist during the Democratic Party primaries in 2008. Once he clinched the nomination, he moved to the ideological center. His signature healthcare law, "Obamacare", is simply a sweet heart deal for the private insurance companis here.

The true lectures wanted a Single-payer system (where the govt is the sole provider of health insurance) or a public option. Both proposals were never aggressively pushed by Obama.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
^^^ Am going to miss you. I came to say bye kiss kiss. I may be back 1 day maybe. Keep being such a star smiley
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hi, my Queen kiss
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
Let me also delete my account and come back as baldi_locks grin
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by blackpanther25(m): 3:04am On Oct 09, 2013
^^^ Am going to miss you. I came to say bye kiss kiss. I may be back 1 day maybe. Keep being such a star smiley
Why did you delete your account! Come back
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 5:11am On Oct 09, 2013
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 09, 2013
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
CFCfan: There is hope for Naija

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4uk-OvKiw4

Jeez! She was practically attacking the guy. That man has patience, I don't think I could take her shouting and pointing in my face like that. I was scared he was going to attack her back. Is there nothing like 'personal space' in Nigeria??

I get that she is passionate and angry, but her attitude was quite rude.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Katsumoto: 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
Wu Zetian:

Jeez! She was practically attacking the guy. That man has patience, I don't think I could take her shouting and pointing in my face like that. I was scared he was going to attack her back. Is there nothing like 'personal space' in Nigeria??

I get that she is passionate and angry, but her attitude was quite rude.

There was nothing rude about her demeanor. In the face of such corruption and avarice, one can't be calm. Those chaps in NASS are a bunch of brigands. They deserve to be flogged while walking around Nigeria.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Lilimax(f): 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
---
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lilimax, I'm here now, hun.

Where you at?
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Lilimax(f): 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
shymexx: Lilimax, I'm here now, hun.

Where you at?
Like I said earlier,everything starts and ends with upbringing.
The fact that majority are doing it does not mean all girls does it.
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lilimax: Like I said earlier,everything starts and ends with upbringing.
The fact that majority are doing it does not mean all girl does it.

I know. However, I'm talking about women getting sensitive about "kiss and tell" - since se.x is a two-way thing and most guys don't really care about who you tell, to be honest. Not supporting it, but I think a lot of women lead double-lives and they're fake. tongue
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Lilimax(f): 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
shymexx:

I know. However, I'm talking about women getting sensitive about "kiss and tell" - since se.x is a two-way thing and most guys don't really care about who you tell, to be honest. Not supporting it, but I think a lot of women lead double-lives and they're fake. tongue
Not really. I feel it's just based on our genetic make up. A new study has shown that women are more apt and cautious about their social privacy-the more reason they frown at 'Kiss and tell' smiley.
While it may mean nothing to men, most women prefer to keep their privacy.
It's not that we are fake or living double-lives wink
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lilimax: Not really. I feel it's just based on our genetic make up. A new study has shown that women are more apt and cautious about their social privacy-the more reason they frown at 'Kiss and tell' smiley.
While it may mean nothing to men, most women prefer to keep their privacy.
It's not that we are fake or living double-lives wink

Fair enough, I can dig that. Anyway, I'm about that stealth inconspicuous life as well and I can relate to the privacy bit. wink

So, what's the science and mathematics behind the intriguing Lilimax?

I wanna know what you're about, hun. tongue
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Lilimax(f): 4:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
shymexx:

Fair enough, I can dig that. Anyway, I'm about that stealth inconspicuous life as well and I can relate to the privacy bit. wink

So, what's the science and mathematics behind the intriguing Lilimax?

I wanna know what you're about, hun. tongue

And what is the Chemistry and Biology behind Shymmexx tongue
Just want to know tongue
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lilimax: And what is the Chemistry and Biology behind Shymmexx tongue
Just want to know tongue

Err...this is the chemistry behind me: C2H5OH (Ethanol)+ H2O (water) = C2H4(ethylene) + 2H2O

You know ethylene has a sweet odour and that's me. A sweet and wonderful guy. wink

As for the biology: I'm an inconspicuous guy and we would have to find out offline. tongue
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Lilimax(f): 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
shymexx:

Err...this is the chemistry behind me: C2H5OH (Ethanol)+ H2O (water) = C2H4(ethylene) + 2H2O

You know ethylene has a sweet odour and that's me. A sweet and wonderful guy. wink

As for the biology: I'm an inconspicuous guy and we would have to find out offline. tongue
You ought not to have written the full names of those chemical formulars.
I fully understand what they meant.
It is my field cool
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lilimax:
You ought not to have written the full names of those chemical formulars.
I fully understand what they meant.
It is my field cool

Oh, my bad. That's why I'm tryna find out the science and mathematics behind you. tongue

So what's ur profession?
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Lilimax(f): 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
shymexx:

Oh, my bad. That's why I'm tryna find out the science and mathematics behind you. tongue

So what's ur profession?
grin grin
If i may say, OMO- On My Own tongue
What is yours tongue
Re: Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lilimax: grin grin
If i may say, OMO- On My Own tongue
What is yours tongue

And the suspense continues! tongue

I'm Jack the Thriller a la Jack of all trades. Find me wherever you can find money. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (128) (Reply)

More Photos Of Soldiers Killed In Yobe After Boko Haram Overran Military Base / Brgbveakijlng.. / Osun Poll Today, What Is Happening In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.