Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,155 members, 7,896,910 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:24 AM

What Percentage Of A Person's Annual Income Should Be Spent On Rent - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Percentage Of A Person's Annual Income Should Be Spent On Rent (893 Views)

What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum / Can You Pay This Much On Rent? / $1.5b To Be Spent In Jabi Lake Abuja Read The Details& Its Effect On Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Percentage Of A Person's Annual Income Should Be Spent On Rent by Crotalus: 8:59am On Aug 28, 2013
In the spirit of "cut your coat according to your cloth," I want to ask Nairalanders what percentage of a Person's income should be spent on rent. This came up because a friend of mine who earns N2m a year want to pay 500k PA as rent. My take is a person should not spend more than 10% of their annual income on rent. Or what do you think.
Re: What Percentage Of A Person's Annual Income Should Be Spent On Rent by sunnyt1(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2013
Im coming, let me think 1st
Re: What Percentage Of A Person's Annual Income Should Be Spent On Rent by Hope1: 10:14am On Aug 28, 2013
10%
Re: What Percentage Of A Person's Annual Income Should Be Spent On Rent by kopell: 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
Here in the west 30% of your income annual before tax is consider to be your annual rent, it's federal law. That is why it's called equal housing law. If one is on the low income, then the government pay the different in the rent. That was called low income housing buildings. Most of these housing as present incomes that can be leave in them. You could be paying $1200 for apartment (A) monthly when apartment (B) could be paying $400 according to his or her income.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Clean 5bedroom Duplex For Sale @ Bode Thomas Surulere & Eric Moore. / Plots Of Lands For Sale @ Strategic Places In Owerri / Urgent:10 Hectares Of Land At Giri Airport Junction Abuja For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.