Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:36 AM

Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (19288 Views)

Poll: Is it ok to stop tithing temporarily to pay off your debtors?

Yes: 34% (37 votes)
No: 65% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / My Thoughts On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Cashmoni: 4:12pm On Jun 17, 2008
Woooww,

As Christians we should aim to find the truth and pursue the truths with all our hearts,only then can we truly say we have worked a life of Christ,kunle raised some very strong points and instead of us going back to study and seeking God's guidance,we start trying to shut him down,in galatians the barbarians after they were thought went back to study to see if what they told them is true,but we,we go to church and accept every doctrines that come out from our pastors, Why is thiswho can we say is from God when all around we have fake pastors,what makes you so sure that your pastor is from God?Kunle has lead down some points and this points are all backed by scriptures not that he brought them out from the skies,they are in the bible??so what is really all the fuss about?this says my pastor told me,that says that has what has always been in existence, what have you told yourselfwhat has been revealed to you by the Almighty?have you search the scripturesplease do so, Kunle i do not know where you from but definetly you have said some very strong things, tithes has always been a much talked topic and i have read through most of your posted scriptures,i would like to be in discussion with you, can we meet or email each other?
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by TmeD0(m): 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2008
Lady M:

is easy said than done oooooo.

we all that believe in tithing shld always say d truth n let d devil be put to same abeg haba sm people re quoting d bible meanwhile, they might be owing God oh in d sense nt be faithful in their tithing.

my dear your qus is quite challenging, is nt easy bt d truth of d matter to me i stand  to be corrected, that most time d challenge of debt will make u owe God before u knw it, d whole moni is gone.

the answ is discipline. we ought to discipline ourselves, put God first in every little n big issues of our lives. We re nt suppose to owe God because He alone provided d job, or rather d means of your income, so u av to show love as well when giving or paying your tithe.

and it is nt about giving for you to recieve no this is nt calocalo thing or gambling atall. if u truely love God u will give nt minding infact you tend ot give more than necessary because of d love n your level of relationship wit God.

e.g a guy or probably most men that knw d value of a woman will go out of his way to give to d wife or galfriend, jus tto make her happy n feel special  same to me wit your love 4 God during your hr of tithing.  what u love most is d uppermost thing in your mind come rain come sunshine. n this is God we re talking about that never fails. He gave us d gift of life n strength plus d wisdom n ability to make such income,

so is all about your relationship wit God n hw much discipline we d xtains that believe in it hold most.

personally am struggling wit it praying hard that God shld please help me to be more faithful in tithing. never to skip any month.

tnx

In as much as I find your response funny, you're the only one that has hit the nail on the head. . .that's exactly what has been on my mind since I've been reading the responses on here.  That's why I put in bold your first TRUE statement.  That's all I have to say.  Peace!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by KunleOshob(m): 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2008
@SENATOR JD
please read the hebrew passage again, read it from verse 5, you would realise that the law being refered to that must change in verse 12 is the law of the tithe and the reasons why it must change were given in verses 13 and 14. What they explained is that Jesus christ is not from the tribe that was ordained to collect tithes under jewish law.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by detruth: 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2008
KunleOshob:

As i have always said the church owes the congregation the truth and that is what i stand on. For people who are new to this topic i recomend for reading Deut 14 : 22-29, leviticus 27: 30-34, numbers 18: 25-32, deut 26: 12-15 and Hebrews 7 : 5-15  

@Kunle
You are only full of letters which kills; only the spirit of the Word gives life. The Spirit is the only true interpreter of the scriptures and not your head.
Allow everyman (just like God) to live and prosper by his own faith because if you are far from the Spirit, you will surely be far from the truth.
I learnt a long time ago that a man can prove anything "right" from the scriptures depending on the spirit interpreting it to him. You can say its right to steal and site David as example, people have once proved from the scripture that there is nothing bad in getting drunk or smoking. Someone here even say its right to fornicate (and imagine, with biblical references) and so on. That is why all your “bla-bla-bla” all these while makes no difference. “Ordinary people” are free to deduce their own interpretations of scriptures, all according to their own personal understanding. cool

Cashmoni:

Why is thiswho can we say is from God when all around we have fake pastors,what makes you so sure that your pastor is from God?

The fact that there is are fakes definately shows that the geniune exist. No wise man throws away baby with the bath-water.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2008
I don talk am before,
If u give 10%, God will be pleased for your contribution.
If u chose freewill offerings, maybe 10% 0r 50%, God will still be
pleased with you.
The bottomline is that it must be done FREELY without COMPULSION.

So, all that guilt trip about thunder striking you if you fail to
commit 10% to your pastor is a ploy to fleace you of your
hard earned money.

Besides, there's no where in scriptures where the tithe is MONEY!
Please show me.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by anonimi: 5:27pm On Jun 17, 2008
detruth:

@Kunle
You are only full of letters which kills; only the spirit of the Word gives life. The Spirit is the only true interpreter of the scriptures and not your head.

Is your reply above in line with the Bible

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

1 John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by allhavoc(m): 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2008
Yes, you can. Tithing is not absolute and should be viewed in the context of your situation. Praying and caring for others can sometimes be more spiritually fulfilling than tithing. Whatever you decide, make sure it comes from the bottom of your heart
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by anonimi: 5:35pm On Jun 17, 2008
JeSoul:

BUT we see in the new covenant (though not explicitly stated) that though tithing is not a requirement, it would become a practice that would flow naturally from our new freedom in Christ.

Can you explain or point out where in the new convenant you are seeing tithing which is explicitly BANNED (Hebrews 7:1-11) again flowing naturally please?

Have you heard of Pharisees and scribes passing teh traditions of men off as doctrine
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by anonimi: 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2008
1Cor 9 teaches that those who work in the ministry should make a living from the ministry. Also we see Paul asking the believers to keep aside a portion of their earnings to give to the poor.

Have you read Acts and the Epistles of Paul comprehensively to see IF he asked for or received tithes
No, my sister, he was given gifts and offerings from time to time without asking but yet thanking the givers. That is the standard of true CHRISTians, whether leaders or followers- no matter the claimed level of annointing and wonders.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by anonimi: 5:52pm On Jun 17, 2008
God's way are not our ways.Bible says:'while men slept the enemy came and sow tares, '.satan can strike any how but the lord who is faithful would not allow the righteous to suffer.Read the scriptures below and see one of the ways that God moved on behalf of a woman.
2 Kings 4
1 Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen.
2 And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil.
3 Then he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all thy neighbours, even empty vessels; borrow not a few.
4 And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels, and thou shalt set aside that which is full.
5 So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out.
6 And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed.
7 Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest.
GOD IS FAITHFUL,PAY YOUR TITHE AS AT WHEN DUE,YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT.

Indeed God is faithful and does not depend on your tithe to be as demonstrated in your passage above.

If truly the debtor has been ministered to in the Holy Spirit or a specific message by his pastor then he can go ahead and give an offering rather than pay his debt knowing that God will meet his specific need. Otherwise, if you are in a congregation of 100 and they give you the story of the woman above and you rely on that to pay you are OYO - on your own like that pastor who went to the lions' cage in UI zoo some years ago. He was eaten by the lions.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by JeSoul(f): 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2008
anonimi:

Can you explain or point out where in the new convenant you are seeing tithing which is explicitly BANNED (Hebrews 7:1-11) again flowing naturally please?

Have you heard of Pharisees and scribes passing the traditions of men off as doctrine
  and if you read ALL of my post you'll see that I did say tithing as a requirement is under the Law and therefore not applicable to us. BUT the spirit and practice of tithing, or if you want to call it giving a portion of your earnings to God is still very much alive in the NT. Again here is what I said

we see in the new covenant (though not explicitly stated) that though tithing is not a requirement, it would become a practice that would flow naturally from our new freedom in Christ. I believe it is not explicitly stated in the NT because God now wants our giving to be from out of our hearts, as a willful act of worship - not for us to do it out of obligation or rule or law.

1Cor 9 teaches that those who work in the ministry should make a living from the ministry. Also we see Paul asking the believers to keep aside a portion of their earnings to give to the poor
It is no longer a requirement, but the spirit of the practice is still very much alive. As it was even before the Law was instituted- we see Abraham paid tithes even before the Law was, now how much more after the Law has been? how much more after the incredible sacrifice we've received should our thankfulness even overflow more?

We see all through the NT believers giving freely to the church and to the poor, that sets the precedence for us today. Whether or not you want to call it tithe is insignificant. What's important is giving of your earnings to God and the church for the advancement and growth of the kingdom. Whether it is 10% or 50% is between you and God.
  The poster is talking about completely suspending any giving to God in order to pay off debts, that will be wrong. If everyone in a church decided to stop giving in order to pay for other things, how is the church supposed to survive? However we give as we can, we give as God has given and enabled us. Some can give more, others less, the important thing is to still give!

Have you thought about how Abraham paid a tenth (tithe) to Melchizedek BEFORE the Law was put into place by Moses? So even after the law what tells us that we should get rid of the practice?
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by fotodaddy: 6:26pm On Jun 17, 2008
See us Father. We claim to be "doers" of your word but we don't KNOW you.

If only we KNEW you!!!!

Open our eye Lord to see the extent of the love you have for us!!!

Open our eyes Lord to see you clearer and not as "my pastor said, "

Open our eye Lord to realize that nothing (tithe or no tithe) can seperate us from your love.

Open our eyes to see that we are free in you and not bound by any law.

Open our eyes to love YOU and love each other as you have instructed us.

Thank you Father as you bring us closer and closer to you.

Thank you Father for wisdom and for the opportunity to know you.

Thank you Father

You who own the world!!!!

Thank you father.

AHHHHH

GOD PASS THEM; wey wan put people under bondage after christ has set us free.

AHH GOD PASS THEM!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by fotodaddy: 6:31pm On Jun 17, 2008
JeSoul:

If everyone in a church decided to stop giving in order to pay for other things, how is the church supposed to survive? [/b]

Father, help people understand that your church's survival is not dependent on their giving tithe or offering!!!

Father ARE YOU THE IMPOTENT GOD!!!!!

YOUR CHURCH CANNOT SURVIVE BECAUSE PEOPLE STOP GIVING!!!!!

INSULT TO MY GOD!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by JeSoul(f): 6:37pm On Jun 17, 2008
fotodaddy:

Father, help people understand that your church's survival is not dependent on their giving tithe or offering!!!

Father ARE YOU THE IMPOTENT GOD!!!!!

YOUR CHURCH CANNOT SURVIVE BECAUSE PEOPLE STOP GIVING!!!!!

INSULT TO MY GOD!!!!! angry angry angry

and it would be wise for you to take ALL of my post in context and stop twisting what I said . . . READ everything I said and not just pluck out one part.
  And it is the bible that said it not me
1Cor 9:13  Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
We are given a clear command that the ministers of the word should earn their living from the church. It could not be clearer. No one can say otherwise. Now if the church does not give in offerings or tithes or whatever, how are its ministers supposed to live? How are they supposed to maintain and care for the church? It is a direct command from God!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by davidif: 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2008
Reading this thread makes you know that we are in the end times. For somebody to say that it is not mandated to pay tithes because its not in the New Testament means that we should ignore it? What blasphemy, Jesus said "i did not come to do away with the law, but to fulfill it" and here you have people saying that its not mandated to pay tithes. Don't you guys pay your taxes? You think the state cares if you are owing somebody, if you don't pay your taxes, then that is a crime whether you are owing somebody or not. If you can't cheat the state then what more God, who created all things and explicitly stated in his word that if you don't pay your tithes and offerings, then you are robbing me.

God is above all your debts my friend, what you are probably going through right now is a test to see to see how faithful you are going to be. Jesus said "occupy till i come" are you going to do that or be found wanting also do not forget that the Jesus said that "many are called but few are chosen" are you going to be amongst those faithful ones? or be like the foolish virgins. "O ye of little of faith" if you could just trust God that he will see you through, he will reward you with much more than you could imagine.

So my good friend if you want to deny yourself blessings from God, then don't pay your tithes.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by sokoanugwa: 7:59pm On Jun 17, 2008
Dear,
There is no need to think twice about this issue. Paying your tithe is not optional at all. And incase you dont know paying tithe is not about Money but Obedience.

God sees your obedience first befor your money and moreover the debts you are talking about can be handle miracously if you will dare to obey God and honour Him first with your tithe. Not only will He pay your debts off but will teach you divine wisdom on how to avoid debts.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by JeSoul(f): 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2008
anonimi:

Have you read Acts and the Epistles of Paul comprehensively to see IF he asked for or received tithes
No, my sister, he was given gifts and offerings from time to time without asking but yet thanking the givers. That is the standard of true CHRISTians, whether leaders or followers- no matter the claimed level of annointing and wonders.
Nah brotha. . .

1 Corinthians 16:2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.

This is an example of Paul directly and explicitly asking the corinthians to set aside money from their pay to contribute to the fund for the poor. If you like call it tithe or offering or gift the essence is still taking aside a sum of their money to give to God.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by fotodaddy: 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2008
I wonder why Jesus told the "good christian miracle workers who even raised the dead" depart from me you workers of iniquity, I never knew you!!!! undecided undecided undecided

WE SHOULD TRY TO KNOW OUR GOD, ALL OF US GOOD CHRISTIANS WHO ARE DOING SO WELL IN ALL OUR WORKS.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by fotodaddy: 8:13pm On Jun 17, 2008
MOST HOLY BRETHREN JESOUL, Your statement speaks for itself.

JeSoul:

The poster is talking about completely suspending any giving to God in order to pay off debts, that will be wrong. If everyone in a church decided to stop giving in order to pay for other things, how is the church supposed to survive? However we give as we can, we give as God has given and enabled us. Some can give more, others less, the important thing is to still give!

I am not quoting you out of context. smiley You made this statement to justify tithing and giving of offering.

MY GOD DOES NOT NEED YOUR TITHE AND OFFERING FOR HIS CHURCH TO SURVIVE. Take it or leave it. The cows on a thousand hills are His.

Stop wallowing in pride and admit you made a mistake and change your post to say exactly what you are trying to communicate. Christians are not the only ones who read these threads and your post is EXTREMELY misleading
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Gamine(f): 8:15pm On Jun 17, 2008
hmmm

its not about suspense, its about obedience
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by JeSoul(f): 8:21pm On Jun 17, 2008
fotodaddy:

MOST HOLY BRETHREN JESOUL, Your statement speaks for itself.
  why resort to personal disparaging remark? I am quoting from the bible, you are just simply making statements so if that makes me most holy so be it.

I am not quoting you out of context. smiley You made this statement to justify tithing and giving of offering.
  You are NOT reading everything I said in my post. That was not the only point I made and you insinuating that it is is misquoting me. You obviously have no response to everything else I said hence you resorted to harping to death this one point.

MY GOD DOES NOT NEED YOUR TITHE AND OFFERING FOR HIS CHURCH TO SURVIVE. Take it or leave it. The cows on a thousand hills are His.
 Yes and it was the same God that said in
1Cor 9:13 Don't you know that those who work in the temple get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

Now if the church disregards this commandment, how are our ministers supposed to get their living? How will the church survive? how will they pay for the upkeep and running of things? Please answer this very simple question for all to see.

Stop wallowing in pride and admit you made a mistake and change your post to say exactly what you are trying to communicate. Christians are not the only ones who read these threads and your post is EXTREMELY misleading
 My hope is that those who are reading are not as shady as you are in choosing what it is you want to read into my post. It is there for all to see and understand with getting personal and making uncalled for remarks.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by kinol: 8:23pm On Jun 17, 2008
Check out this site for more information on tithing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ACjnv-BhL8&feature=related.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by JeSoul(f): 8:29pm On Jun 17, 2008
again here is what I said,

and if you read ALL of my post you'll see that I did say[u] tithing as a requirement [/u] is under the Law and therefore not applicable to us. BUT the spirit and practice of tithing, or if you want to call it giving a portion of your earnings to God is still very much alive in the NT.

We see all through the NT believers giving freely to the church and to the poor, that sets the precedence for us today. Whether or not you want to call it tithe is insignificant. What's important is giving of your earnings to God and the church for the advancement and growth of the kingdom. Whether it is 10% or 50% is between you and God.

Have you thought about how Abraham paid a tenth (tithe) to Melchizedek BEFORE the Law was put into place by Moses? So even after the law what tells us that we should get rid of the practice?
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by fotodaddy: 8:35pm On Jun 17, 2008
MOST HOLY BRETHEN, JESOUL,

You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else.

Christian have the Holy Spirit to teach them all and lead them into all truths. If you have reached such a high calling that you feel the church needs your tithe and offering to survive then praise God for your life. Your duty as a "good christian" is to pray for others who are yet to reach you "level" of understanding so that they can come to the knowledge that you have. Abi you wan do the work of the Holy Spirit for am.

You should know that everything without faith is sin. Tithe and offering included!!!

Jesus died for us all and we are saved by his death not by paying tithe.

Stop judging others and forcing your views on them. Abi them force you to be christian. Then why you dey act up because people have a different opin from yours. Or you love this man wey ask this question more than God wey get am

Wake up and get to know this God grin grin grin

Go on paying your tithe and leave the others who dont want to. Your crown go big pass and you go be oga for heaven. grin grin grin
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by JeSoul(f): 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2008
just like I thot, not one verse of scripture to back up anything you say cool
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by fotodaddy: 8:47pm On Jun 17, 2008
JeSoul:

just like I thot, not one verse of scripture to back up anything you say cool

Bible scholars beware; The letter kills but its the Spirit that gives life.

Try to know your God,
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by Esss(m): 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2008
@ poster

What shall it profit a man if he pays his tithe and yet has no peace of mind??

Oboy, I do not even believe in this tithe thing sef!! lets get real, you put your offerings every sunday, yet they want you to still fork out 10% of your earnings and hand over to them, while making pledges and planting seed faiths backed by your widows mite. Not forgeting the government is waiting for you on the outside with taxes, the banks with credit card bills and mortgages. Ah!! not forgetting a family back home who is waiting on yo to bring something back home.

The tithes were supposed to be paid to the levites, dude that was the old testament, and there are no levi's (not the jeans) anymore, all we have are oyakilome and okoties with benz's and escalades. It's like we have edited the bible and taken the parts we like and tossed the others. The money parts we love, the punishment parts we toss. Give and it shall be given unto you (we love), if your eyes causes you to sin, pluck it offf (figure of speech), wake up people.

If you owe the bank or me money, tithe will not be a resonable excuse when we come to impound your cars or seize your house. the repo-men dont care bout that stuff.
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by NubianQ(f): 9:47pm On Jun 17, 2008
Esss:

@ poster

What shall it profit a man if he pays his tithe and yet has no peace of mind??

Oboy, I do not even believe in this tithe thing sef!! lets get real, you put your offerings every sunday, yet they want you to still fork out 10% of your earnings and hand over to them, while making pledges and planting seed faiths backed by your widows mite. Not forgeting the government is waiting for you on the outside with taxes, the banks with credit card bills and mortgages. Ah!! not forgetting a family back home who is waiting on yo to bring something back home.

The tithes were supposed to be paid to the levites, dude that was the old testament, and there are no levi's (not the jeans) anymore, all we have are oyakilome and okoties with benz's and escalades. It's like we have edited the bible and taken the parts we like and tossed the others. The money parts we love, the punishment parts we toss. Give and it shall be given unto you (we love), if your eyes causes you to sin, pluck it offf (figure of speech), wake up people.

If you owe the bank or me money, tithe will not be a resonable excuse when we come to impound your cars or seize your house. the repo-men don't care bout that stuff.

Correct tlk. God understands when we cant do things and he is there to see us thru. well, to answer the Question, Yes i would suspend my tithes if i was in a position to pay tithes. being catholic, we dont get all that tithes and the 10 percent thing, we just give. so if you pay tithes and u are about to lose all u have and u are to choose between losing all ur possessions and tithes i would say pay the bank! God is not harsh or impatient. man has his own imperfections and the most important thing is loving God and he can see that u had a situation to sort out. all u need to do is pay double when u get the money. simple!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by HRhotness(f): 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2008
NubianQ:

Correct tlk. God understands when we can't do things and he is there to see us through. well, to answer the Question, Yes i would suspend my tithes if i was in a position to pay tithes. being catholic, we don't get all that tithes and the 10 percent thing, we just give. so if you pay tithes and u are about to lose all u have and u are to choose between losing all your possessions and tithes i would say pay the bank! God is not harsh or impatient. man has his own imperfections and the most important thing is loving God and he can see that u had a situation to sort out. all u need to do is pay double when u get the money. simple!

OMG shocked shocked shocked shocked

u finally made it here shocked
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by NubianQ(f): 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2008
HR.hotness:

OMG shocked shocked shocked shocked

u finally made it here shocked

hahahehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. i am trying to change. HR.hotness i am a changed woman. leave me alone oh!!!
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by HRhotness(f): 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2008
NubianQ:

hahahehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. i am trying to change. HR.hotness i am a changed woman. leave me alone oh!!!

ride on babes  wink

@ Post

the way i see it we all need to have  personal relationship with God,

and that is most important. . .

besides if u don't have anything to give, (technically when you're in debt,all that u have isnt necessarily urs) how d hell are u spsd to give 10%?
Re: Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? by JeSoul(f): 9:52pm On Jun 17, 2008
fotodaddy:

Bible scholars beware; The letter kills but its the Spirit that gives life.

Try to know your God,
n try to know your scripture  wink that verse is used out of context.

The "letter" refered to in 2 Cor 3:6 is talking about the "Law". The law in itself is not evil, it shows us our sin- which leads to death and that is why Paul made the statement that "the letter kills"

Galatians 3:24
So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.

That is why the letter "kills" - but the letter in itself is holy

Romans 7:12
So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.

just wanted to point that out since as you said people are reading and we should not mislead them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Restoration Of CRK, condemns breaking Nigeria idea / Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church / 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.