Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,059 members, 7,906,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:50 PM

Lagos Traffic Snarl, Which Area Has The Highest Traffic Snarl...state Your Own - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos Traffic Snarl, Which Area Has The Highest Traffic Snarl...state Your Own (895 Views)

Which Area Have A Steady Electricity In Nigeria? / Have U Ever Felt U Should Commit Suicide? State Your Reasons / Which Area Is Closer To Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic Snarl, Which Area Has The Highest Traffic Snarl...state Your Own by alienvirus: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2013
1. Ikorodu Road: When it comes to traffic snarl, Ikorodu area of Lagos is a place to reckon with. Both day and night, weekends and weekdays, you will meet traffic. Perpetual traffic snarl is found between Ojota and Ketu, Ile-Ile and Mile 12, Mile 12 and Ajegunle, NNPC and Ogolonto, Ogolonto and Agric, Haruna and Benson. A distance of 20mins drive usually take 3 to 4hrs both morning and night. Even if one decides to stay back in office to 11.00pm, trust me, your friend awaits you.

2. Mongoro/Cement: The situation in this area cannot compete with earlier mentioned Ikorodu road. Notwithstanding, this area is notorious especially in the morning while face Airport road to Oshodi. Damn, you go cry.

3. Aja to Bonny camp: This usually occur during the weekdays when people are going to work. Don't dare that area despite nice looking and serene environment characterized by exotic cars and flat-smooth road.

4. Orile/Okomaiko. Students of Lagos State University and Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education are regular customers on this road. I was at the last Convocation in Lagos and I blamed my good self for attending this programme. I left the campus around 3.00pm and I got to Oshodi around 9.00pm. Very frustrating.

Add more and let the State Government know how much Lagosians still suffer in the hand of traffic jam. Eko oni baje o.
Re: Lagos Traffic Snarl, Which Area Has The Highest Traffic Snarl...state Your Own by desgiezd(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
alienvirus: 1. Ikorodu Road: When it comes to traffic snarl, Ikorodu area of Lagos is a place to reckon with. Both day and night, weekends and weekdays, you will meet traffic. Perpetual traffic snarl is found between Ojota and Ketu, Ile-Ile and Mile 12, Mile 12 and Ajegunle, NNPC and Ogolonto, Ogolonto and Agric, Haruna and Benson. A distance of 20mins drive usually take 3 to 4hrs both morning and night. Even if one decides to stay back in office to 11.00pm, trust me, your friend awaits you.

On point!

This road scares me badly these days. About 2006/2009, I had a friend in Ikorodu that I used to visit frequently. At this time, I used to do Ikorodu in 15 minutes from Ketu where I was living then. I moved to Ikorodu in 2010 and presently, the earliest I get home from V/I on a daily basis is 10.30/11.00pm and still have to wake up early to beat the morning traffic. On Monday mornings, if one does not set out around 4.30am, then its a sure bet that one will spend more than 2 hours before getting to Ketu.
Re: Lagos Traffic Snarl, Which Area Has The Highest Traffic Snarl...state Your Own by alienvirus: 10:30am On Aug 31, 2013
desgiezd:

On point!

This road scares me badly these days. About 2006/2009, I had a friend in Ikorodu that I used to visit frequently. At this time, I used to do Ikorodu in 15 minutes from Ketu where I was living then. I moved to Ikorodu in 2010 and presently, the earliest I get home from V/I on a daily basis is 10.30/11.00pm and still have to wake up early to beat the morning traffic. On Monday mornings, if one does not set out around 4.30am, then its a sure bet that one will spend more than 2 hours before getting to Ketu.

You are very correct. About three days ago, the traffic went gaga. A friend left ilupeju around 5.00pm. He got home around 1.00am. Ot was such bad.

Mod! Can you put this on front page? Thanks in advance.

(1) (Reply)

Sexkills Finally Quits Nairaland! / If You Could Travel Back In Time, Where Would You Go? / MTN Free 5GB Plan_

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.