Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,470 members, 7,881,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 05:18 AM

NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages (8542 Views)

How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. / Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns / NCC Warns MTN, Airtel And Globacom Over Poor Quality Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by passionate88: 11:31am On Aug 31, 2013
Abeg make dm stop am o. I dn tire for mtnsport, glo own na call dm dey call me, I surprise say even psquare dm get my number sef, come dey invite me cm show when dm come ph. Make una helep me beg dm, my own na jst to browse, sms, nd calls. Nothin else.
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Dygeasy(m): 11:32am On Aug 31, 2013
casiello: You're simply an idio.t for asking which village he's from just because his text message tone is loud, how the hell is that a problem if an individual chooses a loud text tone, just explain to me, how is that a problem? Infact who are you to question his village based on his text message volume? You're simply an idio.t.
How Does This Make You Less Of An Idi0t Now?

If Coming From A Village Is An Insult Then You Need A Check-Up From A Sincere Doctor.

Anuofia!
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 31, 2013
Airtel is the worst! The absolute worst!

Whenever i see

I simply hiss. And drop my phone. What's worse is that my phone is double sim so while Airtel is sending theirs, MTN is also sending theirs. So annoying!

3 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by AKMoney1(m): 11:33am On Aug 31, 2013
Thank God oooo, Mo bo lowo won *** In D'banj voice ***
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by agrovick(m): 11:34am On Aug 31, 2013
mosho2good: My end time tinz guys will soon come and say
robbish.
If someone buy a new car, end time tinz
If someone build a new house, end time tinz.
If someone travels out of d country end time tinz.
If someone married a beautiful wife end time tinz.
Wen are u guys going to say new time tinz.
Or
Is it because we don't have anyting like new time
tinz.
end time tins *tongue out

1 Like

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by agrovick(m): 11:38am On Aug 31, 2013
Natasha,,:
Thank God imagine no one called me for two days when my phone eventually rang it was 4040 I no fit vex. GLo text message na d worse.
no calls for two days? U sure say your market neva begin spoil

2 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by KnightsTemplar(m): 11:49am On Aug 31, 2013
Please the should enforce the law very strickly. AIRTEL NG is the biggest pest when it comes to unsolicited text messages, and calls. I don't know what got them hooked on my line, I get their calls at least 3x a day, and they annoying thing is that they keep on changing the number of that freaking!! controlled Bot service. Imagine calling me in the middle of night, about some crappy freebies!! And worse they will blow ur cylinders when you are expecting important calls!!
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 31, 2013
I wonder why nobody has mentioned Spammer's (Etisalat Ng) them don full my inbox with useless messages!

1 Like

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
You na never see anything... No be NCC wey i know?
Mtchew**

1 Like

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by dokunbam(m): 12:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
i hate all these text 9 to claim your free price
plsssssss STOP
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by 4reigningqueen: 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
like 280 messages within a week from Etisalat. you dare not check your balance, na textmessage them go use reply you. Whatever happened to co ordination.
Airtel and access bank are so useless when it comes to this issue.How can you keep sending messages to somebody that is not interested,na by force? Even mtn is not left out.
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Dantedasz(m): 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
All these unsolicited messages are an irritation. I don't bother to read them when recieved on my phone-I just hit the delete button straight.
Still an irritant though because they consume battery juice and your phone could be on the last battery bar,and you are expecting an important business call,and the service provider sends you five silly text messages about five wise sayings or the man on the moon.
These unsolicited messages should be stopped completely except to those that subscribe for them.
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by sanandreas(m): 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
M tired menh
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by papaejima1: 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2013
Much as I hate the way MTN floods my inbox with spam, Etisalat has got me walking in circles!
What a gawdawful spammy network!
Those guys take the cake for unsolicited messages and it all started when I subscribed to one of their bundle plans... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Chimezie198(m): 1:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
Got about 345 text messages in my inbox...
302 frm etisalat only
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by dandollaz: 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
Dygeasy: Why Should Your Message Tone Be Loud Enough To Wake You Up From Your Sleep?

You're From Which Village?

I don't blame you that sleep Like an animal.so you sleep n snore aloud dat u don't hear when ur phone beep. Village ninja
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by UcheAloysius(m): 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
Its really becoming alarming d rate of ds uncalled mesags frm ntwk providers. D funny part of it is d tricky style of extorting credits.
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by kunletoks(m): 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2013
I can pay #100 monthly not to receive any of their messages.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Bright2(m): 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2013
That is not my problem as i know how to take care of that. NCC please look into others matters like internet subscription( Android ).
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by bejeria101(m): 2:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
Natasha,,:
Thank God imagine no one called me for two days when my phone eventually rang it was 4040 I no fit vex. GLo text message na d worse.
lol had a friend dat 4040 almost ruined his life,he was even scared to look at his phone,NCC shld call dis networks to order,or is it dat they have bribed their friends in govt that they want to take us for a ride
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by nelklyn(m): 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
kunletoks: I can pay #100 monthly not to receive any of their messages.
I second this...seriously I don't mind. I hate those text messages from mtn and etisalat and calls from Glo.
On one occasion etisalat kept on sending me crazy messages and deducting my balance, and I never subscribed to any thing. Then I resorted to sending them five replies for every text that read "Thieves stop deducting my balance". Funny they replied after receiving like fifteen of mine and said sms blah to blah blah blah to stop receiving messages. Immediately I sent it they stopped bothering me. Now they are at it again.
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Adagba1: 2:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
israel007: As good as it sounds, instruct MTN to bring down the call tariff
Must you use Mtn? Or you follow them establish the company,if its not favouring you move to another network
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by folahann(m): 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
They should also give them a limit o. Imagine MTN sending 30 sms within that time duration.
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by folahann(m): 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
They should also give them a limit to the number of messages they can send. Imagine MTN sending you 35 sms btw 8am to 8pm.

It even worse for those who use dual sim phones. Imagine using Glo and mtn on same fone
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Nten: 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
C question > "WHY should ur phone be too loud to wake u up 4rm sleep" wonderful!
I use God beg MTN to stop disturbing me with useless sms. Which day them send me sms say i win million 4 being a loyal customer. I don warn them tire they no dey hear. I no want at all, no b 8am or 8pm own i dey talk. Segobe
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by dljbd1(m): 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
You know, some weeks ago I was in kekenapep and my phone beeped incoming message. Because of the tight sitting position I couldn't reach for my phone in my pocket; just as I was thinking who the sender might be, na so all the remaining passengers phones start dey shout...Immediately I knew it was from MTN... angry

1 Like

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Chrisdavis: 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
Nice one, imagine being woken up by message alert that i thought was my bank credit alert and what i saw was 'Joy from Apapa won an iphone sms go to 38080 to win.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Dygeasy(m): 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
dandollaz:
I don't blame you that sleep Like an animal.so you sleep n snore aloud dat u don't hear when ur phone beep. Village ninja
Who's This One Now? undecided
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by nnekaregy(f): 5:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
I wonder who told them that wise sayings is a gift.The same applies to Access bank, please stop disturbing us.
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by LausDeo(m): 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
About time. Those messages are so annoying. Sometimes I refuse to check my phone when a message comes in 'cos it could be frm MTN. I almost missed an interview once because of this
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by casiello(m): 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sitex:
d aggression and exchange of verbal firepower in this forum makes me wanna think...dem dey pay una?¿? Nawao, if u channel all ds energy towards fruitful ventures I'm sure the world will celebrate you and your family will respect u more.
Abeg calm down with the bantering ehh!
Oga no vex jare, i was reading meaningful contributions from nairalander's until I scrolled down to Dygeasy post questioning Asala1's village because of his text message volume and i just got infuriated. Dygeasy was just very very wrong to do that and I got infuriated at his contribution that's it. Its better to post nothing than to post a reply attacking one's village.
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by casiello(m): 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2013
Choicegirl: Airtel is the worst! The absolute worst!

Whenever i see

I simply hiss. And drop my phone. What's worse is that my phone is double sim so while Airtel is sending theirs, MTN is also sending theirs. So annoying!
Just add those numbers to your phone's blacklist and you will stop receiving calls from them, that's what I did on my Airtel phone and I never receive calls from those numbers again, your phone automatically block calls from those numbers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Using Mms Setting For Celtel Free Browsing / Fifa 16 For Android (ultimate Team) / Whatsapp Tricks You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.