Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,955 members, 7,883,335 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 09:18 AM

Do Women Like House-husbands? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Women Like House-husbands? (12562 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / ‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Women Like House-husbands? by mumumugu(m): 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
Do women like it when the man their currently in a relationship with admits he wants to be a househusband some day?
Do women look down on men that don't want to have a career?
Would a woman leave a man because he wants to stay at home and take care of the house responsibilities instead of having a 'real' job?

Money isnt the issue as man has structures which yields money monthly
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Mynd44: 1:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
Men are beginning to hate housewives I doubt women would like it

9 Likes

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by OmoAlata1(f): 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
I don't mind having a househusband, it is still a very hard job at the end of the day. I don't see it as being lazy at all. There are many factors that go into it. If I have a job where my earning potential is higher than his plus I have a very nice health insurance package to go with it, then it will be more realistic for him to stay home with the children.

3 Likes

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2013
Whats the point of moving up and down with nothing to show for all the busy movement?
Some people's office is their home. There are so many business one can even do in the bedroom, and thanks to e-commerce (konga, jumia etc) for those in the big cities.

Those who fall in the aforementioned discription have no practical reason to stay out of their home for long. And it will be irrational for any wife to hate her husband just because her fore fathers regard any man that sit at home as a lazy one.

Is it not the same apartment you signed a tenancy form/built with your money?
So why run away from the product of your labour?

6 Likes

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by kraziechic: 5:42am On Sep 01, 2013
Some men still prefer housewives so I think some women would still like house husbands. It's wrong to ask if women like something, as though women are one person instead of different people with varying preferences. I definitely would not want a house husband anyway. A husband that works from home is perfect but someone who exists just to help me with housework and children is a definite NO NO!

3 Likes

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by magkhan(f): 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
If he is into e-commerce,then no problem...
but house husband as in house wife?... embarassed
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by magkhan(f): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
If he is into e-commerce,then no problem...
but house husband as in house wife?... embarassed....NO
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
Once money is rolling in from somewhere,i don't see anything wrong with being a house husband.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by damiso(f): 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
Different strokes for different folks ojere but in the TYPICAL naija setting,even if the woman is not fussed its people that will keep talking.Ehn see Tunde can you imagine his wife wakes up at 5 goes out to hustle and he just sits at home doing nothing watching nollywood.Except he can start showing everyone his bank statement to say i work from home i would not recommend it to my brother living IN Naija.I dont think we have reached that level yet.I would not mind if i earn more and his wages are not worth the childcare costs+lost man hrs commuting etc BUT i would think twice in Naija.I know its 2 people in a marraige but whether we like it or not enviroment sometimes plays a part.

2 Likes

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
Different people like different things.
Just make sure you be with someone who shares your views or who is open and flexible enough to adjust.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Kanwulia: 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
If I don like to be a HOUSEWIFE, a HOUSEHUSBAND would irritate me even more!!! I like my men PROFESSIONALLY and gainfully-EMPLOYED!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Abbey2sam(m): 4:51am On Sep 02, 2013
Omo_Alata: I don't mind having a househusband, it is still a very hard job at the end of the day. I don't see it as being lazy at all. There are many factors that go into it. If I have a job where my earning potential is higher than his plus I have a very nice health insurance package to go with it, then it will be more realistic for him to stay home with the children.

Are you for real.......................?
I would have said end time tinz, but it got me a ban @d romance section

But you would agree with me that this are signs of end time, when tinz begin to happen the other way round

Peace

3 Likes

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by bukatyne(f): 10:28am On Sep 02, 2013
damiso: Different strokes for different folks ojere but in the TYPICAL naija setting,even if the woman is not fussed its people that will keep talking.Ehn see Tunde can you imagine his wife wakes up at 5 goes out to hustle and he just sits at home doing nothing watching nollywood.Except he can start showing everyone his bank statement to say i work from home i would not recommend it to my brother living IN Naija.I dont think we have reached that level yet.I would not mind if i earn more and his wages are not worth the childcare costs+lost man hrs commuting etc BUT i would think twice in Naija.I know its 2 people in a marraige but whether we like it or not enviroment sometimes plays a part.

I have come to realize that at the end of the day, it is the people in it who really matters.

Let's assume Tunde is a 'househusband' and Shade is ok with it, what is the concern of the neighbors? Which of them will really walk up to shade or Tunde? What is the business of the family If neither Shade or Tunde make it theirs?

If Tunde works all day, 'people' will talk
If Tunde works online @ home, 'people' will talk
If Tunde is a full 'husband', 'people' will talk
If Tunde earns well, 'people' will talk
If Tunde doesn't earn well, 'people' will talk

So why should they concern themselves about what 'people' say?

2 Likes

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 02, 2013
bukatyne:

I have come to realize that at the end of the day, it is the people in it who really matters.

Let's assume Tunde is a 'househusband' and Shade is ok with it, what is the concern of the neighbors? Which of them will really walk up to shade or Tunde? What is the business of the family If neither Shade or Tunde make it theirs?

If Tunde works all day, 'people' will talk
If Tunde works online @ home, 'people' will talk
If Tunde is a full 'husband', 'people' will talk
If Tunde earns well, 'people' will talk
If Tunde doesn't earn well, 'people' will talk

So why should they concern themselves about what 'people' say?

Bless Your Hands for this wonderful piece you typed.
I gave an example how people talked at different stages of my life.
They went from calling me silly, to wondering if I was mad, to let's watch and see her fall flat and say "we told you so" to open admiration and wishing they had the guts I now have.

Point is do what works for you and what is right for you and your family.

What will give you peace, progress and Joy.
Basing your decisions on what people will say is Not LIVING, its existing, do these people really care? NO, they just need to talk about someone so their own lives won't be as boring.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by bukatyne(f): 10:57am On Sep 02, 2013
debrief08:

Bless Your Hands for this wonderful piece you typed.
I gave an example how people talked at different stages of my life.
They went from calling me silly, to wondering if I was mad, to let's watch and see her fall flat and say "we told you so" to open admiration and wishing they had the guts I now have.

Point is do what works for you and what is right for you and your family.

What will give you peace, progress and Joy.
Basing your decisions on what people will say is Not LIVING, its existing, do these people really care? NO, they just need to talk about someone so their own lives won't be as boring.

Bless you too kiss
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
If there's plenty of money he's making,I don't mind at all
But if he aint making much money and wants to be a househusband
Lol
Is that the funniest thing in the world or what?
Can't have that.
He has to be making plenty to want to stay home.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by PStacks(m): 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
God knows all I ever wan be is a stay at home dad with my kids. Weda women like it or not.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Odunharry(m): 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
hmm...
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Temismith(f): 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
No
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by devour129: 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
N0 ! I tot its a mans world ? What's the man doing inside the house when he should be out exploring the world in terms of hustling ? Please men know your place and women know your place.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by konn: 4:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
as long as money is coming in and all the domestic needs are being met kini big deal?
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
Me?! House husband?!

2 Likes

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by FirstOpinion: 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
Pray For Nigeria And Nigerians.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by priscaoge(f): 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hell No!!! Some Men hate housewives so I bet Ladies will like it when their hubby choose to βε a househusband. Besides,the man should get ready to take shits from his wife because not all ladies will choose to βε τ̲̅ђe bread winner of the house and βε happy about it. Men should head τ̲̅ђe family not τ̲̅ђe other way round.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Deiok(m): 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
devour129: N0 ! I tot its a mans world ? What's the man doing inside the house when he should be out exploring the world in terms of hustling ? Please men know your place and women know your place.
You mean women know their place in the kitchen. grin
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
Not my portion!!
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
konn: as long as money is coming in and all the domestic needs are being met kini big deal?

If money is coming in then he is not a househusband,,he is working from home

But if the OP meant househusband exactly as we have housewives
As in stay home.take care of the kids,cook ,clean,wash clothes and dishes,drive the kids to school and back
Probably cook soup stew and make moi moi and pound yam

And then at night he will turn to man on the bed? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Chukwu Aju !!

I say Tufiakwa till the power of infinity
I might as well cut off his manhood and put it inside my briefcase
Tua!!

1 Like

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by 2ndChance: 4:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
Most men living in europe have been house-husbands for ages now. May be they can start sharing their experincesgringringrin

1 Like

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by bimflash(f): 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
I reject it....
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by tintingz(m): 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
devour129: N0 ! I tot its a mans world ? What's the man doing inside the house when he should be out exploring the world in terms of hustling ? Please men know your place and women know your place.
Many women have begin to make sense nowadays...

Madam beyonce should go and sit down and run her wolrd to her self cheesy
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by bimflash(f): 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
konn: as long as money is coming in and all the domestic needs are being met kini big deal?

how will dis happen if he is always at home?
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by owolabifunke14(f): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
cheesy grin He must wash all the cloths, bathe the kids,cook,sweep the house,clean the toilet and bathroom. Op what other structure do men have that brings money for them at home? From house wife to house husband! End time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can Make You Disown Your Child? / Surrogacy Services Now Available In Nigeria For Intending Parents / Women Clean House For Their Pastor But Don't Clean Table For Their Husband: Reno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.